NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:49 am

Post by Plessiez »

It's day 1. Deadline for the day is March 28th, 21:59 UTC. That's (expired on 2014-03-28 17:59:48).

Vote Count 1.19
talah [6 votes] (AngryPidgeon, Mister Rogers, Snork, Luca Blight, PeregrineV, SnowStorm)
Luca Blight [4 votes] (4nxi3ty, projectmatt, Damon_Gant, Nero Cain)
pisskop [3 votes] (Zdenek, Yates, DeasVail)
Damon_Gant [1 vote] (mastin2)
mastin2 [1 vote] (BipolarChemist)
4nxi3ty [1 vote] (ThAdmiral)
Yates [1 vote] (pisskop)

3 players are not voting
: {aptil, RachMarie, talah}

With
players alive it takes
votes to lynch somebody or to go to night.

Activity
Nobody has recently been prodded.
BipolarChemist is V/LA until March 23rd.
Zdenek is V/LA until March 26th.
mastin2 is V/LA until March 31st.
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:59 am

Post by aptil »

In post 1251, Damon_Gant wrote:
In post 1250, aptil wrote: So , it takes someone to call you out before you even try to look at what others are saying .
No
Evidence suggests otherwise but that's ok .
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:01 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 1270, Mister Rogers wrote: Someone else pointed out that all the effort that Talah made in that bru-ha-ha produced no townie contributions from Talah but yet the effort was there. Its just not right.
Exactly, we don't even need to go into particular arguments, talah has the second highest post count and all his effort has been put in overreacting to people and generating mostly pointless arguments. That's not how you play as town.

The more I think about talah the better I feel about lynching him.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:03 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 1273, 4nxi3ty wrote:srry kiddo but you're playstyle has reached anti-town levels, so if you're town learn some patience, a filter, somethin
if ur scum, by all means continue turning this game into a chore <.< for everyone else, I'm sure everyone has endless amount of time -.- to make playing this way a worthwhile experience
A chore. LOL. Its like heavy lifting or something using the scroll wheel? This is a talking point and its noted.

Its not gut why I don't push your wagon. The only reason I don't is because there is a glimmer of someone that knows how to scum hunt and is paying attention but who's ISO just doesn't show it yet. You can't use my posts to excuse the quality of your posts regardless of what you or Nero say (Nero said it first).

Hope to see your scum hunting improve; as of now you're just sitting on Luca and don't seem to have done much else other than vote DG who probably is simply low hanging fruit just like Luca. This push on the "post volume" talking point just makes it all look worse.

Please improve if you're town.
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:05 am

Post by aptil »

VOTE: Talah- This is much better than lynching Luca .
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:11 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 1273, 4nxi3ty wrote:srry kiddo but you're playstyle has reached anti-town levels, so if you're town learn some patience, a filter, somethin
if ur scum, by all means continue turning this game into a chore <.< for everyone else, I'm sure everyone has endless amount of time -.- to make playing this way a worthwhile experience
Mr Rogers' spam doesn't bother me one bit. I like his attitude and most of the points he raises. I think you should be more worried about the people who incentive his spamming instead.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:11 am

Post by Snork »

3941: openblocks.blockPlacer from OpenBlocks - translocator from Translocator
3942: openblocks.blockbreaker from OpenBlocks - null from Translocator
Suggested Ranges: 1560-1752 (193 IDs), 516-700 (185 IDs), 1755-1919 (165 IDs)
--- changed to 1560 and 1561
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:12 am

Post by aptil »

In post 1281, Snork wrote:3941: openblocks.blockPlacer from OpenBlocks - translocator from Translocator
3942: openblocks.blockbreaker from OpenBlocks - null from Translocator
Suggested Ranges: 1560-1752 (193 IDs), 516-700 (185 IDs), 1755-1919 (165 IDs)
--- changed to 1560 and 1561
wtf is this ?
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:13 am

Post by Snork »

@mod:
^^ that does not belong here; CTRL+V fail on my part. Please delete.

--

@projectmatt:
If you believe that Luca is scum and Talah is the counterwagon, who on the Talah wagon is scum (besides Luca)?

---

I think I just really don't like the way Gant posts. BUT there's something subtly town about some of the things he says that I don't think scum would think to change. I can't really explain much better at the moment. I have to think on this a bit more. But it's there.

--

@MR,
I believe you are town, and I can see in your posts a genuine interest to get to the bottom of things. HOWEVER, responding to each post individually is really hurting things and I can see why Nero has a problem with you. Rather than being able to read people's responses to yesterday's posts, I have to sift through yours and this is requiring a lot more work than is necessary. It harms my ability to scumhunt properly. I now have to set aside
several hours at a time
to read every one of your 1-2 line posts and people's responses to them, and formulate my thoughts, rather than an hour here and there during the day. You are drowning out other people. Please tone it down.

Also - what is the purpose behind this post?
In post 1102, Mister Rogers wrote:@Luca: Get off the Talah wagon, you're making it look bad. Please self-vote. kthxbai.
--

Regarding Luca
- this lynch has bad mojo and the wagon is filled with scumreads! Lurking aside, this is far more troubling! The case on Luca that I have seen is that his lurking
may
be scum motivated and some of his posts
may
be excuses, but these are not provable! Talah's posts, actions, and votes have a verifiable history IN THIS THREAD of being scum. There are
verifiable inconsistencies, a neglect to scum hunt, lies, opportunistic votes, and unwillingness to be accountable for his reads/actions IN HIS ISO
. Stop ignoring it!

--

RachMarie has done fuck all and when questioned returns with the fact that she has a headache.
<<<< Hello?????? Why is anyone townreading this????

--
to be continued... (post 1120)
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:20 am

Post by Snork »

actually it appears the Luca wagon has changed, yet maintains the same number of votes, and the scumreads have all jumped off. That's extremely interesting.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I do NOT have a town read on Rach
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:30 am

Post by aptil »

In post 1125, Plessiez wrote:
It's day 1. Deadline for the day is March 28th, 21:59 UTC. That's (expired on 2014-03-28 17:59:48).

Vote Count 1.17
talah [4 votes] (AngryPidgeon, Mister Rogers, Snork, Luca Blight)
Damon_Gant [2 votes] (SnowStorm, mastin2)
mastin2 [2 votes] (BipolarChemist, PeregrineV)
Yates [1 vote] (pisskop)

3 players are not voting

With
players alive it takes

Activity
Snork the last time you posted the above was the Luca wagon .
In post 1173, Snork wrote:Disregard; I missed your last sentence.
This was your post .
In post 1275, Plessiez wrote:

Vote Count 1.19
talah [6 votes] (AngryPidgeon, Mister Rogers, Snork, Luca Blight, PeregrineV, SnowStorm)
Damon_Gant [1 vote] (mastin2)
mastin2 [1 vote] (BipolarChemist)
Yates [1 vote] (pisskop)

3 players are not voting

With
players alive it takes

Activity

This is the current one .
How has the Luca wagon changed ?
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:34 am

Post by Snork »

The one I'm referring to was long before Nero voted Luca, and Talah was still on it.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1255, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 1249, Nero Cain wrote: As for your "I had to pull teeth to get a Mastin read!"
In post 719, Mister Rogers wrote: I am counting on experienced help here but if you are scum you
WILL
put down your read on Mastin for the record.
Dewd. That was in your response to you "die scum" or whatever inane phrase you used. So don't try to pin that on me.

The point is your read on Luca synched up perfectly with mine and I asked you about it. Your response to that question was "die scum" and
you refused to comment on Mastin
at that time so ya, the most important read there is Mastin and no, I'm not going to let you "LOLZ ur scum" your way through demonstrating your catchup with reads and I certainly will document what you think about important reads.
If we are talking about responses here then I don't really like

Nero: Rogers is scum.
Rogers: Hi welcome to the game. Comment on Mastins Luca read.

Wich doesn't really strike me as a town response. Its not a 100% correct tell but I think scum are more likely to avoid responding to attacks. You also did the same to 4nx.

there's a few things that I want to discuss. The post with the bolded and capitalized "will" makes/made it sound like I was avoiding talking about Mastin but THAT POST IS THE FIRST TIME YOU EVER ASKED ME ABOUT MASTIN.

The post with the bolded is a "lie" 'cause once again you never asked me about Mastin prior to 719! Though it does kinda prove my original theory that your Luca question was really about Mastin yet you asked about him in sneaky/concealed and for what?
And if you have such a big scumread on Mastin, why did you never upgrade him into red?
Ya without reasoning. Your reasoning only came later as part of that crappy tarp.
HOW DARE YOU CALL MY TARP CRAPPY! That shit was like $30 at the sporting goods store.

But lets be serious here a moment. I assume that you are referring to 906.
In post 906, Nero Cain wrote:I don't think Mastin having wierd reads is necessarily an alignment tell.
and yet I said practicly the SAME THING in 722.
In post 722, Nero Cain wrote:Are you actually asking me if us having different opinions makes Mastin scum? No
Ya you won't convince anyone I'm lying about
this
because your foundation of "I'm going to withhold reads because your scum LOLZ" is crap.
yea, I've never said this.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1255, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 1249, Nero Cain wrote: As for your "I had to pull teeth to get a Mastin read!"
In post 719, Mister Rogers wrote: I am counting on experienced help here but if you are scum you
WILL
put down your read on Mastin for the record.
Dewd. That was in your response to you "die scum" or whatever inane phrase you used. So don't try to pin that on me.

The point is your read on Luca synched up perfectly with mine and I asked you about it. Your response to that question was "die scum" and
you refused to comment on Mastin
at that time so ya, the most important read there is Mastin and no, I'm not going to let you "LOLZ ur scum" your way through demonstrating your catchup with reads and I certainly will document what you think about important reads.
If we are talking about responses here then I don't really like

Nero: Rogers is scum.
Rogers: Hi welcome to the game. Comment on Mastins Luca read.

Wich doesn't really strike me as a town response. Its not a 100% correct tell but I think scum are more likely to avoid responding to attacks. You also did the same to 4nx.

there's a few things that I want to discuss. The post with the bolded and capitalized "will" makes/made it sound like I was avoiding talking about Mastin but THAT POST IS THE FIRST TIME YOU EVER ASKED ME ABOUT MASTIN.

The post with the bolded is a "lie" 'cause once again you never asked me about Mastin prior to 719! Though it does kinda prove my original theory that your Luca question was really about Mastin yet you asked about him in sneaky/concealed and for what?
And if you have such a big scumread on Mastin, why did you never upgrade him into red?
Ya without reasoning. Your reasoning only came later as part of that crappy tarp.
HOW DARE YOU CALL MY TARP CRAPPY! That shit was like $30 at the sporting goods store.

But lets be serious here a moment. I assume that you are referring to 906.
In post 906, Nero Cain wrote:I don't think Mastin having wierd reads is necessarily an alignment tell.
and yet I said practicly the SAME THING in 722.
In post 722, Nero Cain wrote:Are you actually asking me if us having different opinions makes Mastin scum? No
Ya you won't convince anyone I'm lying about
this
because your foundation of "I'm going to withhold reads because your scum LOLZ" is crap.
yea, I've never said this.

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:39 am

Post by pisskop »

Im pretty sure at one person everybody (else) considers town is a scummy scummy man.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:40 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I haven't ISO'd Talah but the only good thing I remember hearing is that Talah was focusing on lurkers wich ya, I could see coming from scum but one of the early reasons that I didn't like Rogers is 'cause I felt his early attack on Talah was p lame.

aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:42 am

Post by aptil »

In post 1287, Snork wrote:The one I'm referring to was long before Nero voted Luca, and Talah was still on it.
so it changed a long time ago . I was confused by your statement that as i did not see any change .
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, IDK, myself and other experienced players have a tendency to get onto new players (and since Rogers is claiming to have no played since 2009, he's kinda "new" since the site is way different) but he's lying and backtracking and I have a hard time seeing that coming from town.

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:47 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1283, Snork wrote:
@mod:
^^ that does not belong here; CTRL+V fail on my part. Please delete.

--

@projectmatt:
If you believe that Luca is scum and Talah is the counterwagon, who on the Talah wagon is scum (besides Luca)?

---

I think I just really don't like the way Gant posts. BUT there's something subtly town about some of the things he says that I don't think scum would think to change. I can't really explain much better at the moment. I have to think on this a bit more. But it's there.

--

@MR,
I believe you are town, and I can see in your posts a genuine interest to get to the bottom of things. HOWEVER, responding to each post individually is really hurting things and I can see why Nero has a problem with you. Rather than being able to read people's responses to yesterday's posts, I have to sift through yours and this is requiring a lot more work than is necessary. It harms my ability to scumhunt properly. I now have to set aside
several hours at a time
to read every one of your 1-2 line posts and people's responses to them, and formulate my thoughts, rather than an hour here and there during the day. You are drowning out other people. Please tone it down.

Also - what is the purpose behind this post?
In post 1102, Mister Rogers wrote:@Luca: Get off the Talah wagon, you're making it look bad. Please self-vote. kthxbai.
--

Regarding Luca
- this lynch has bad mojo and the wagon is filled with scumreads! Lurking aside, this is far more troubling! The case on Luca that I have seen is that his lurking
may
be scum motivated and some of his posts
may
be excuses, but these are not provable! Talah's posts, actions, and votes have a verifiable history IN THIS THREAD of being scum. There are
verifiable inconsistencies, a neglect to scum hunt, lies, opportunistic votes, and unwillingness to be accountable for his reads/actions IN HIS ISO
. Stop ignoring it!

--

RachMarie has done fuck all and when questioned returns with the fact that she has a headache.
<<<< Hello?????? Why is anyone townreading this????

--
to be continued... (post 1120)
I'm glad someone is able to look at this rationally, and not just assume that lack of activity = scum. If I were scum would I play it as badly as this? Of course not, but then from your perspective this could be a bluff in itself. It's early days in this game, and if I tried to be as enthusiastic as Mister Rogers I would end up burning myself out. Closer to the deadline I will probably get scumhunting, although Talah looks a decent bet for now for the reasons Snork stated!
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:51 am

Post by aptil »

In post 1294, Luca Blight wrote:
I'm glad someone is able to look at this rationally, and not just assume that lack of activity = scum. If I were scum would I play it as badly as this? Of course not, but then from your perspective this could be a bluff in itself. It's early days in this game, and if I tried to be as enthusiastic as Mister Rogers I would end up burning myself out. Closer to the deadline I will probably get scumhunting, although Talah looks a decent bet for now for the reasons Snork stated!
Are you admitting you intentionally lurked ? As town it is not important to play good until the deadline approaches ?
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:59 am

Post by Snork »

In post 1292, aptil wrote:
In post 1287, Snork wrote:The one I'm referring to was long before Nero voted Luca, and Talah was still on it.
so it changed a long time ago . I was confused by your statement that as i did not see any change .
I've read all the pages, but only
in-depth
reading done to about 11 pages ago. So while I am keeping up with general events, my analysis is a few pages behind at the moment.
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:20 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 1294, Luca Blight wrote: I'm glad someone is able to look at this rationally, and not just assume that lack of activity = scum. If I were scum would I play it as badly as this? Of course not, but then from your perspective this could be a bluff in itself. It's early days in this game, and if I tried to be as enthusiastic as Mister Rogers I would end up burning myself out. Closer to the deadline I will probably get scumhunting, although Talah looks a decent bet for now for the reasons Snork stated!
Ok, firstly it's not just your lack of activity, but your absolute refusal to scumhunt when you do post, your contradictory posts, wagon-following, and fencesitting.

If you were scum you wouldn't play as badly as this? But as town it's fine to play awfully. Nope, I don't buy that for even half a second. And why not play as badly as this as scum? See how little pressure you have on yourself. The majority of people are letting you get away with it. As scum things are just dandy for you, and tomorrow you can either sidle your way into the game and people will accept you, or you can just do the same and probably get away with it again. If you're scum right now you're playing a great game. If you're town, not so much.

And dude, we are 4 days away from the deadline. If you're not going to start scumhunting now then there's virtually no point for today. And you'll
probably
get scumhunting? Dude, if you're town, by not scumhunting you are frankly playing contrary to your win condition, and that is mighty frustrating. If you're scum, then it makes a lot more sense to me.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:21 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Just a note. I have been officially asked by two people to modify my posting and criticized by two others. Out of courtesy I will do so.

I simply interact with every player if I feel there is reason to. You will be hard pressed to find a fluff post.

Even the fluff post Snor quoted has a purpose: It indicates that Luca is voting Talah but otherwise the wagon looks great with who is on it.

Luca needs to do a catchup post.

Nero, there is nothing wrong with my querying you or my responses to you.

Be back later because Ernie needs to use the comp. Peace out.
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 19, talah wrote:I'm sheeping Deas to get a more solid read on him
I guess this is kinda dumb

the multifaction thing was kinda lame
In post 398, talah wrote:
In post 395, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 394, talah wrote: But no, I'm not going to have 5-6 scumreads in a 20 player game.
You should.
Er, no. I'll have precisely the amount of scumspects as I think are scummy. Probably I'll have a 'leftovers' list which contains most if not all of the scumteam. I don't know where you get this theory that I should have more scumreads than is
actually possible in a 20 player game.
If there are two scumteams it's 'traditionally' harder to find scumspects because scum get to, you know, actually scumhunt the other team.

So please explain why 5-6 scumreads is rational.
"kinda" liked this though. Town's going to be atleast 14 players so having 5-6 scum reads seems reasonable. I even think we should have about 8 at a time 'cause no one is acurate enough to get all 5-6 in one shot. Though the bolded is kinda dumb.

Rogers responce to this is again poor.
In post 400, Mister Rogers wrote:How about any from you?
Asking for 5-6 scumreads is fairly accurate and combinded with his and Snorks thinking there's an SK in this game for no reason could be a scumslip.

You know that thing I said about how I could see scum focusing on lurkers.
In post 397, Mister Rogers wrote:Ok, actually almost all of my scum reads are lurking. I guess we have a problem with the game state. Aptil & BJC are prod dodging and I het this. Luca is active lurking and I can't figure out if he is being replaced or not. Mastin has a very unfortunate V/LA and I feel sorry for them.
Yea, fairly hypocritical.
In post 969, talah wrote:
In post 961, DeasVail wrote:talah, do you get an almost Wake-from-Gundam-ish vibe from Mister Rogers? I think he's town.
Possibly. Although Titus has been on the tip of my tongue more so
(along with Saki from FE:A)
This so much fucking this. Saki was scum.

So yeah, I don't really see the big deal with Talah. There's like one thing (maybe 2 things) that makes me think he's scum so I'm not too confident in a scum flip. I don't like Rogers and AP seems distant from this game so I'm starting to worry that Talah is getting bussed. I actually do not like any of the folks on the Talah wagon (though I'm sane enough to know they all aren't scum!)

@talah-explain the multifaction thing

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”