NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

As of right now I'm thinking that scum are in

Mister Rogers
Snork
AngryPidgeon
Luca Blight
BipolarChemist
Yates
PeregrineV
RachMarie
Zdenek
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:48 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

I'm gonna call Nero scum. Straight up.

Sorry can't take the posting attack pressure. That attack has broken me. Thanks Snor.

Mod replace me.
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!

:( :( :(
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:04 am

Post by talah »

I think I already did explain it Nero, it's somewhere in my ISO buried under all the posts. Search 'multi'.

I've just got to say, though, I have practically no impetus to go on with this game. So I have to go to work now, and depending on how I'm feeling I may post a final reads list if I also get a chance to do so.

At this stage I think it's probably best if we consolidate our position by flipping me and then looking at the reasons people joined my wagon with that information available. Since my strategy would be Lynch Mister Rogers --> Find Scum, I don't know that I can stand another game Day of the same when it's going to be the same bullshit all over again if I manage to eke by anyway.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:15 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 854, RachMarie wrote:Yay for snork you clarified that slot for me. I felt like peeps were going after bjc as low hanging fruit, something I am very familiar with since I tend to get it a lot.
What about this is alignment related?
In post 904, Mister Rogers wrote:My major concern is that he is low hanging fruit and thus an easy bus. Like we could do better?
Then we lynch scum, so that's fine.
In post 925, Mister Rogers wrote:The thought occurs to me that Luca might get sorted and we can focus elsewhere today.
How?
In post 925, Mister Rogers wrote:See as town, I'm like who is the scummiest player, THE VERY SCUMMIEST that I can be voting for AND THEN, if it is even appropriate to consider consensus, do I consider that.
Yet you defend Luca as low hanging fruit? That doesn't really make sense in the context of just finding the scummiest player.

re: Luca,
In post 927, Damon_Gant wrote:This seriously needs lynching.
I agree.
In post 960, talah wrote:
@Town:
In post 955, Mister Rogers wrote:Something is causing this imbalance. I assert that the "something" is exaggerated over-sensitivity to suspicion. I personally feel this more of a scum trait than a town trait.
And here, fellow townies, is Rogers softening his read on the player he's voting (me) and commencing Operation Finally Fucking Pushing A Case (TM).

But why would Rogers want to hedge on his scumread being scum? Is he truly going to push a policy lynch when he's been so very clear that he's scum reading me?

Answer: It's a trick question! Rodgers has, actually, been 100% opaque on whether he thinks I'm actually scum. He's hedging on all fronts, now calling it bad null play and seamlessly transitioning from an initial attack and resultant townread, to a period of silence and progressive scumread while bogging down the thread with questions which any educated rhinoceros could ask based on the events unfolding in front of its eyes.

This man who believes my play scum and asked for meta, has not even looked at the meta he asked for.
This post is a horrible misrepresentation of the situation.

In post 975, Luca Blight wrote:Talah, so much digging going on. He claims I am a shoe-in for scum (absolute rubbish, since when has inactivity always equated to scum) and then self-votes. His opening posts also looked every so slightly dodgy.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Talah
I think this is bussing. That "so slightly dodgy" gives it away.

I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:27 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

Zdenek, you seem to think both talah and Luca are scum, but your vote remains on a pisskop wagon that realistically is very unlikely to take off. Why not consider moving it?
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:30 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1020, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 177, talah wrote:I don't "do" meta unless it's shoved in my face
+1
In post 389, talah wrote:
In post 381, Belisarius wrote: So you're saying you're being scummy. What do we do with people who are being scummy?
Well I suppose "we the undefined collective", in answer to a question which rams a broken pool cue into the orifice of the notion that specificity is possible to convey using the English language, attempt to clarify both the premise and the question first.

"So you're saying you're being scummy"

No, I asked Sakura why she didn't challenge my inconsistency. It turns out I'm not on her radar, and that she has Levi on the mind. I accept that response because it means she
does
have an agenda and it looks to be scumhunting. I'll keep a peripheral eye on her and see.

If you really want to know, I voted Sakura because - priorities and priorities. Nati and I vote-teaming is a useful strategy, I think, and I'm a bit disappointed Des didn't follow along (although I missed the fact he was already voting Majiffy in the first place, which may have been a bit offputting).

My understanding - or idea - with the voting pool is that there's an inherent 'unvote before lynch' agreement between all members. It's something I'm inviting my town-leaning reads to participate and interact in.

Spoiler:
You're not invited because your dropped-logic argument on pieguyn was oblivious of the context of pie getting involved in the conversation to begin with. It wasn't an assertion that (s)he made in the first place, to be accountable as scummy for dropping it.

"What do we do with people who are being scummy?"

We? Do you mean good mafia players? Good scumhunters? Yourself notionally as part of one of these groups? Yourself by extension onto the universe of how you think all Mafia players should act?
People? Me? Your grouping of all people who act scummily according to you? People who act in the same way as I am acting?
Scummy? The way I acted in this particular sequence? The assertion you are making?

I suppose one would attempt to scumhunt, assess or assert.
Determine the motivations of the non-specific players who "are being scummy".

---

Couple of follow-ups because I'm tired and have some work over the weekend.

Majiffy
- something about something about three posts. I can't remember what you said but you're irritating me using your weight on someone I've already townread probably when you thought it was still RVS. Get off pie.
Also I'm taking keen mental notes on your interactions with Deas.

dolittle
- another one. another naked townread. I don't know where you're getting this stuff from. Because you're not saying.

kayne
- where'd you go?

---

My next post will probably have "fame", "lurksack" and "hall" in the title.
Check out that awesome scum hunting post from Talah. Do you see anything like that in his ISO in this game? Its not cherry picked. Do his ISO in that game and you will see what I mean.

Sure he towns himself in that game but the active scum hunting like in that game? The active calling people out constantly? No. He definitely isn't lost in that game and its a Large Theme.
Why do you think this post is awesome?
Do you have examples of Talah playing scum that show that his play in this game is closer to his scum game?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:31 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1305, Damon_Gant wrote:Zdenek, you seem to think both talah and Luca are scum, but your vote remains on a pisskop wagon that realistically is very unlikely to take off. Why not consider moving it?
Well, I suspect that I will, but only once I've caught up.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:35 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1304, Zdenek wrote:[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 3#p5760643]
In post 975, Luca Blight wrote:Talah, so much digging going on. He claims I am a shoe-in for scum (absolute rubbish, since when has inactivity always equated to scum) and then self-votes. His opening posts also looked every so slightly dodgy.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Talah
I think this is bussing. That "so slightly dodgy" gives it away.

Keep clutching those straws, mate!
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:43 am

Post by Zdenek »

LOL at "ever so slightly dodgy opening posts" being a legit reason for voting someone now.
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:01 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 1308, Luca Blight wrote:Keep clutching those straws, mate!
Nice contribution there. Tell me why you're not scum. Tell me who is and why, with more concrete reasoning than "[ever] so slightly dodgy" opening posts. Ideally quote or link to incriminating posts and give decent reasons.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:02 am

Post by Snork »

In post 1301, Mister Rogers wrote:That attack has broken me. Thanks Snor.

Mod replace me.
:(

That wasn't my intention at all. :(
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:04 am

Post by Nero Cain »

@Zd-how does Luca's vote read as bussin' as opposed to just scum hopping on a bw?

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:09 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1312, Nero Cain wrote:@Zd-how does Luca's vote read as bussin' as opposed to just scum hopping on a bw?
Well I think if was scum hopping on a town band-wagon he'd go with a stronger argument to back his vote. They're already in the thread, so it's not like he as to do much work to find one. I think him going with such a shitty argument is him gassing up the escape pod if he gets the chance to get off the wagon later.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:11 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1309, Zdenek wrote:LOL at "ever so slightly dodgy opening posts" being a legit reason for voting someone now.
Better than voting for someone for inactivity :D

Don't take the language so literally, I think it's clear what I meant.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:13 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1310, Damon_Gant wrote:
In post 1308, Luca Blight wrote:Keep clutching those straws, mate!
Nice contribution there. Tell me why you're not scum. Tell me who is and why, with more concrete reasoning than "[ever] so slightly dodgy" opening posts. Ideally quote or link to incriminating posts and give decent reasons.
I am town because I recieved a role PM telling me so. When I find out who is scum, you will be the first to know :D
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:14 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1175, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1098, Zdenek wrote:
In post 705, Nero Cain wrote:This is scum cluttering things up.
Have you seen this happen?
yes and so have you. You were in politics mafia when phil was posting like a mad man and for a more recent game you can read Saki in whatever game I just played with her.
I'm really not getting the same feeling from Mr. Rogers as from Phil, but I'll have to go back and check.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1303, talah wrote:At this stage I think it's probably best if we consolidate our position by flipping me and then looking at the reasons people joined my wagon with that information available.
sounds townie but I guess its possible for scum to fake. *shrugz*
In post 1314, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1309, Zdenek wrote:LOL at "ever so slightly dodgy opening posts" being a legit reason for voting someone now.
Better than voting for someone for inactivity :D
That ain't why you are getting ran up, bro.

Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 1317, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1303, talah wrote:At this stage I think it's probably best if we consolidate our position by flipping me and then looking at the reasons people joined my wagon with that information available.
I honestly think that that is the scummiest thing that talah has posted.

If Luca is town he is the worst player I've ever played with. He's got to be scum, right?
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

could be town, players like him are a coin toss

So...we just lynch Talah and go from there? I'd prob be ok with that.

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:45 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1318, Damon_Gant wrote:
In post 1317, Nero Cain wrote:
I honestly think that that is the scummiest thing that talah has posted.

If Luca is town he is the worst player I've ever played with. He's got to be scum, right?
:o That hurts.

When you say I am the worst player you have played with, do you really mean the most inactive? Because I don't see what else I've said for you to have that opinion.
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 1320, Luca Blight wrote: :o That hurts.

When you say I am the worst player you have played with, do you really mean the most inactive? Because I don't see what else I've said for you to have that opinion.
It shouldn't hurt too much. I didn't call you the worst player I've ever played with. I said that you were that if you were town. As you are likely scum, no need to be offended.

But I'll humour you for a second. Supposing you were town, then no, you're not any more inactive than many other players I've played with. However, those guys when they're town would usually at least try and post content. You have tried no such thing. You have done literally no scumhunting - your hop onto talah's wagon is so weak it's unbelievable. When people such as myself have asked you to do scumhunting you literally refused. You responded with sarcasm when I asked you to convince me that you were town. If you're town, you have played an absolutely abysmal Day 1 that runs completely contrary to your win condition. That's why I'm strongly inclined to think you're scum.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 1215, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 1213, talah wrote:I never lie about real life issues, including my experience, including any real life circumstances, anything which isn't "really" game related. Not as any alignment.
You have more than 8 games experience. Why did you try to pretend that was all you had and use that as an excuse for your scummy behavior?

Why have you misrepped the meta case against you THREE times. Not ONCE have you properly responded to it.

You are scum.
I gotta say I have a problem with the meta case as well. Apart from the fact that I feel meta can be overrated as a scumhunting tool, I simply don't think you can get an accurate meta read on someone who has played 8 games on this site. I had a cursory look myself (something I hate doing because I'm lazy) and while there was a
general trend
of "active posting + scumhunting = town, less active + less scumhunting = scum" it was from a very small sample size, many of which talah replaced in to or out of (or, in one example, both). As far as I can tell talah was only scum twice: 1) semi experimental - a 9 player mini that went for 18 pages, and 2) epic XD mafia - a game in which he didn't post until 304, and then replaced out 14 posts later.

I don't think there's a case to be made based on meta.
In post 1265, Mister Rogers wrote:And just pointing out, this is NOT a meta case. Its a case that is being confirmed by meta. I don't normally use meta very much anyway.
Ok, but all I've seen from you in the last 10+ pages is meta. I honestly don't remember anything meta-based.
In post 1283, Snork wrote:Talah's posts, actions, and votes have a verifiable history IN THIS THREAD of being scum. There are
verifiable inconsistencies, a neglect to scum hunt, lies, opportunistic votes, and unwillingness to be accountable for his reads/actions IN HIS ISO
. Stop ignoring it!
Can you give examples for each point you've raised? From what I remember talah copped a lot of flack because he was being obstinate and for doing stupid stuff like voting himself which I still don't think is necessarily a scumtell.
In post 1318, Damon_Gant wrote:If Luca is town he is the worst player I've ever played with. He's got to be scum, right?
Logic dictates he should be, but sadly players like this can often flip town as well.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 1319, Nero Cain wrote:So...we just lynch Talah and go from there? I'd prob be ok with that.
Don't throw in the towel just yet. I'm the closest to being convinced to vote rogers as I have been this game.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1290, pisskop wrote:Im pretty sure at one person everybody (else) considers town is a scummy scummy man.
The the name is?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”