NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1301, Mister Rogers wrote:I'm gonna call Nero scum. Straight up.

Sorry can't take the posting attack pressure. That attack has broken me. Thanks Snor.

Mod replace me.
That was unexpected.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1323, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 1319, Nero Cain wrote:So...we just lynch Talah and go from there? I'd prob be ok with that.
Don't throw in the towel just yet. I'm the closest to being convinced to vote rogers as I have been this game.
Rogers ain't happening today and don't you give replacing slots some leeway?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 48, Luca Blight wrote:He comes across as apathetic, which I would attribute more to Town in the early stages of a game as opposed to scum.
Where does this idea come from?
In post 805, Luca Blight wrote:VOTE: 4nxi3ty
Why did you vote Anx?
In post 1294, Luca Blight wrote:Talah looks a decent bet for now for the reasons Snork stated!
Explain them to me.
In post 1314, Luca Blight wrote:Don't take the language so literally, I think it's clear what I meant.
Unless its that you think I am scum for thinking that you presented an unnecessarily shitty argument for your vote on Talah, it's not.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 1326, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1319, Nero Cain wrote:So...we just lynch Talah and go from there? I'd prob be ok with that.
Don't throw in the towel just yet. I'm the closest to being convinced to vote rogers as I have been this game.
Is he actually replacing? I took that as an overreaction that he's going to back down on.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Talah
, I don't think that you've ever explained why you think that it's multifaction and it's something I'd like to hear too.

Also, What do you think that AP took out of context?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1328, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 1326, Nero Cain wrote:
Is he actually replacing? I took that as an overreaction that he's going to back down on.
:evil:

This doesn't make much sense, dude. I understand being frustrated and wanting out of the game and then calming down and staying in but I think you should take it as them wanting to replace out until they "replace" back in.

So anyways, why do you want to vote Roger?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

I am back, it'll take me a while to read through everything...
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 1298, Mister Rogers wrote:I have been officially asked by two people to modify my posting and criticized by two others. Out of courtesy I will do so.
You don't really need to modify your posting. Your attitude is perfectly fine. Only the amount.
What I'm saying is: slow down, take a break every now and then, a day off, even a few hours. This way you don't burn out and there will be more thread real-estate for other people to play the game too.

---

Talah's likely to flip town imo(). I had the same feeling as town once. You get attacked enough times and you only see yourself as lynchbait. It gets to point where you are exhausted, want town to move on.

Gut Groupings (mostly based on their interactions)

aptil/luca (only one scum)
PV/Snow (could be one scum in here, definitely not two)
PV/AP (either both town, some paranoia about them being scum mates)
aptil/DV/Thad (one scum, maybe two, definitely not three)

maybe more groups later as more stuff developes or I have more time to skim through
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:29 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 1330, Nero Cain wrote:So anyways, why do you want to vote Roger?
Mainly because of the whole vote bullying thing he's been doing. I also agree that when he first addressed you it sounded odd (the whole "hey I see you're voting me, what do you think of these other people").
Also I realise my townread on him was basically because he was posting a lot, and that's not actually a good reason to have a townread on someone.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:36 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1211, Mister Rogers wrote:Town Talah: Ya I'm really sorry. You're right there is a,b,c reasons and x,y,z extenuating circumstances. Here's what I've got so far: [blah, blah, blah]. Here's what I am thinking: [blah, blah, blah]. Let me go through some ISO's and post more data the best I can anyway.
I'd kind of expect this from scum.
In post 1248, 4nxi3ty wrote:and not slow down after several players have expressed frustration
Why is this being used as a point in favour of Mister Rogers being scum?
In post 1294, Luca Blight wrote:If I were scum would I play it as badly as this? Of course not,
See, I feel like this is an attempt at a defence where there really isn't one. One could also say that his lurking is anti-town, so he could just as easily ask the question, 'If I were town would I play it as badly as this?'
There also happens to be no remorse whatsoever for his town play, while I believe that if he really felt he was playing too badly to be scum, he would also think he was playing badly as scum.

Oh you guys are the best. :)

Nero, do you really think Mister Rogers and Talah are scum together? I feel like they would have both been fine if they hadn't insisted on attacking each other.

~~

Why I think we shouldn't lynch Talah:
In post 399, DeasVail wrote:-I think the analysis of my tendencies as scum was spot on. Not using it against me when it would have been possible to later on was also very logically sound and townish.
-The whole multifaction theory and how he went about revealing it was weird and wonderful and kind of town.
-His approach to AP, particularly the parts about how he joined the game and his ability to read Mastin.
These are what I was thinking from before. I would like to say on the first point that I don't think having someone known for being completely non-influential (me) as an ally is incredibly worth greatly reducing his future ability to scumread me.

I think his early attack on Mastin is genuine and good scumhunting (regardless of whether he's right or not), so I don't understand why people are making such a big deal about him not scumhunting.

I also have to say that I don't like accusations that Talah was voting for Luca because he couldn't fabricate anything on someone else. Even this game, talah has proven that he's capable of making up stuff as scum to a reasonable level of competence, so there is no reall
need
for talah as scum to attack Luca in the way that he did.
In post 612, talah wrote:nyway I've got a long day ahead of me and I need a break, so I'll be back around my prod timer because you fucks obviously need time to work things out between yourselves anyway. Did I mention that I'm an excellent wagon for those of you that want to push a policy/information lynch? Probably.
I think this kind of stuff is wonderful town attitude.

is great.

I really don't get the scumreads on him. I can relate to his frustration with Rogers because sometimes this game I've felt like I just can not be bothered responding to him in a reasonable manner.

Yeah... I don't know. All in all I find the accusations against Talah pretty underwhelming and think he's pretty town!

I am prepared at this stage to try and get a save-Talah wagon going (whether I'm the only one calling the wagon this isn't of great importance to me!)

I would be unwilling to lynch the following:

Mister Rogers
talah (obviously)
Snork
Nero Cain
Yates
PeregrineV
Mastin2
Damon_Gant
Zdenek

When it comes to everyone else, I either would attack with you a hug if you suggested their lynch, be prepared to compromise on them, or would still not consider lynching them but have not put them in the list because I'm too lazy to have read them properly yet.

Honestly, since Luca seems vaguely scummy and is the biggest non-Talah wagon, I am happy putting my vote there. Basically he's not delivered his promised posting but is not aspiring to be better whatsoever where I think town here would want to try harder, especially considering his comment about being too bad to be scum.

Curb your inner puppy-murdering urges and vote Luca Blight today!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:27 pm

Post by DeasVail »

:oops:

Unvote: Pisskop
Vote: Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:21 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Looking through Bipolar's ISO, his posts have a scummy feel to them.

I may elaborate later but for now will
Unvote

Vote: BipolarChemist
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:29 am

Post by RachMarie »

ok wait a minute here Luca.

Dude was V/LA for a while and just got back and suddenly you find him scummy nope nope nope I do not buy it that is definitely scummy of you going for the low hanging fruit

VOTE: Luca
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:39 am

Post by Zdenek »

Luca just ignored my whole nice post of things I'd like to hear about from him. :(
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:41 am

Post by RachMarie »

he is too busy voting a guy that just got back from V/LA and without really providing any kind of case either.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:06 am

Post by Plessiez »

Looking for a replacement for Mister Rogers...
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:16 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1243, aptil wrote:That last line just screams look how town i am , i want a lynch today
I agree that it is superfluous to speculate about a no lynch scenario but do you actually think that's scummy? Especially given the lack of activity by certain players [*cough* you *cough*] and the announced V/LA's of others [Zdenek, Mastin, pisskop] that will actually put us up against the clock?
In post 1248, 4nxi3ty wrote:don't care for lowhangingfruit arguments,
fruit is fruit, and you eat it before it goes bad
If Rogers wasn't replacing out I'd make this my new sig. :lol:
In post 1252, Nero Cain wrote:there's nothing necessarily wrong with trying to hide your alt.
As someone recently pointed out to me in another game, the reason someone creates an alt is because they want to be read with fresh eyes. I got spanked for asking someone who their alt was because I don't think about that stuff. Also, these alts are created BEFORE the roles go out - otherwise you could just look at the sign up thread. So there really is
no correlation between alts and alignments
In post 1256, Mister Rogers wrote:Being attacked isn't a valid excuse for not producing his normal town ISO
Disagree. Getting tunneled sucks. Also, screw meta.
In post 1269, SnowStorm wrote:Anyone who has doubts should just ISO him. It worked for me.
I don't like this post. Like - at all. Please provide the points that caused YOU to read Talah scum. No one can defend against "read ISO." It's also lazy posting and gives you an easy excuse to jump on a leading wagon while providing no information about your alignment after a flip. Commit to your read.

This also bugs me:
In post 1277, SnowStorm wrote:
we don't even need to go into particular arguments
talah has the second highest post count and all his effort has been put in overreacting to people and generating mostly pointless arguments
. That's not how you play as town.
To the bold - You really REALLY do need to get into "particular arguments."
To the underlined - what would you expect to see from someone trying to defend against "read the ISO?"
In post 1283, Snork wrote:RachMarie has done fuck all and when questioned returns with the fact that she has a headache.
So YOU were the one!
In post 1225, Yates wrote:I don't remember who was picking on RM for making "lurker" excuses with the sinus stuff but this stood out to me:
In post 141, talah wrote:
@RachMarie-Mayor-Mod
- are we able to have a votecount tally and timer please?

Was going to do it last night but was too tired and crashed instead. VC coming up....Rach
Because she was the MOD. :lol:
In post 1294, Luca Blight wrote:If I were scum would I play it as badly as this?
I don't know you. Yes? Is that the answer? Or maybe if you were scum you would play this badly so you could ask us this question? If I have to choose between lynching Talah and lynching you, guess which one I'm going to lynch...
In post 1294, Luca Blight wrote:
Closer to the deadline I will probably get scumhunting
, although Talah looks a decent bet for now
because she's the best chance I have at continuing to not contribute and stay alive
Why would you wait until "closer to deadline?" Congratulations - that's the dumbest thing said in this thread to date. Also, FTFY.
In post 1297, Damon_Gant wrote:Dude, if you're town, by not scumhunting you are frankly playing contrary to your win condition, and that is
against the rules
FTFY. Now I agree 100%. The fact Luca hasn't been replaced makes me think maybe he *IS* playing to his wincon...
In post 1315, Luca Blight wrote:When I find out who is scum, you will be the first to know
How do you plan on doing this when you JUST SAID you won't bother scum hunting until closer to deadline??
In post 1336, Luca Blight wrote:I
may elaborate later
but for now will Unvote
You *MAY* elaborate later? WTF...
In post 1337, RachMarie wrote:that is definitely scummy of you going for the low hanging fruit
STOP WITH THE LOW HANGING FRUIT!!

VOTE: Luca Blight

A little motivation to get scum hunting a bit sooner than later. And, you know, low hanging fruit of the loom.
Spoiler:
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:20 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1337, RachMarie wrote:ok wait a minute here Luca.

Dude was V/LA for a while and just got back and suddenly you find him scummy nope nope nope I do not buy it that is definitely scummy of you going for the low hanging fruit

I never said he was definitely scum, and I could reverse your ''low hanging fruit' argument back onto you.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:26 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Anyone find it strange how Rach has said nothing of note, then comes and votes for me (the easy target) when I vot for Bipolar, who calimed earlier in the game Rach was definitely town based on nothing? She brings up this V/LA stuff, which was irrelevant to my voting of him.

Wouldn't surprise me if they were both scum.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:48 am

Post by Snork »

In post 1337, RachMarie wrote:ok wait a minute here Luca.

Finally found an excuse to join a wagon, did you?
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:53 am

Post by Snork »

Yates, that sinus bullshit has no place here. If you have to go 50 pages without producing a single opinion, replace out.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:54 am

Post by Snork »

Yates, that sinus bullshit has no place here. If you have to go 50 pages without producing a single opinion, replace out.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:55 am

Post by Plessiez »

It's day 1. Deadline for the day is March 28th, 21:59 UTC. That's (expired on 2014-03-28 17:59:48).

Vote Count 1.20
Luca Blight [7 votes] (4nxi3ty, projectmatt, Damon_Gant, Nero Cain, DeasVail, RachMarie, Yates)
talah [6 votes] (AngryPidgeon, Mister Rogers, Snork, PeregrineV, SnowStorm, aptil)
pisskop [1 vote] (Zdenek)
Damon_Gant [1 vote] (mastin2)
mastin2 [1 vote] (BipolarChemist)
4nxi3ty [1 vote] (ThAdmiral)
Yates [1 vote] (pisskop)
BipolarChemist [1 vote] (Luca Blight)

1 players is not voting
: {talah}

With
players alive it takes
votes to lynch somebody or to go to night.

Activity
Nobody has recently been prodded.
Zdenek is V/LA until March 26th.
mastin2 is V/LA until March 31st.
Last edited by Plessiez on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:59 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Rach's post literally make no sense; why would I jump off the wagon of the player with the second highest votes, to someone with no votes? How is that targeting low hanging fruit? I said his posts seem scummy, I never mentioned his V/LA. Rach is the one going for low-hanging fruit, not me.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:05 am

Post by Plessiez »

penguin_alien replaces Mister Rogers.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”