Newbie 1487: Mafia. [SCUM WIN!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:04 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 149, DragonArcherZ wrote:FYI I'm here, but I've been busy. I'll post tomorrow.

"I initially felt like DAZ's RQS might be just a loud strategy to appear useful,"

RQS and RVS should never be useless, in the end and playing as scum still offers the chance for information (for both sides, but questions that are role phishing or w/e are scummy)
RQS is totally useless. I've never seen a game where that proved to be contrary.
I am the self-made liberator,
I am the alpha and omega.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:09 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

Someone explain to me why the fuck Squirtle is at L-1.

Someone other than gameplay tell me why he you think he's scum. I don't see it.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:17 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 29, I liek Squirtles wrote:
UNVOTE: LaVidaensuMuerte

VOTE: gameplay506

Your posts have been suspicious. Just because he's AFK doesn't mean he can't help; in fact, DoctorPepper said he'd be back tomorrow (in my time zone, at least). The day phase is extremely long. Even if Dr.Pepper only posts on weekends, he'd still contribute a lot to discussion.
In post 49, DoctorPepper wrote:
Squirtle seems okay for now. So does Nic
In post 108, DoctorPepper wrote: Instead I feel like someone is slipping under the radar with a random gameplay vote without engaging in the discussion
VOTE: I Liek Squirtles
So at one point he seemed okay to you for having only voted Gameplay, and the next minute he was not fine for having only voted gameplay.

What the actual fuck?

This bullshit wagon needs to go dooooown.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:12 am

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 49, DoctorPepper wrote:

Squirtle seems okay for now. So does Nic

In post 108, DoctorPepper wrote:
Instead I feel like someone is slipping under the radar with a random gameplay vote without engaging in the discussion
VOTE: I Liek Squirtles

So at one point he seemed okay to you for having only voted Gameplay, and the next minute he was not fine for having only voted gameplay.

What the actual fuck?

If you look closely you will see that there is a 50 posts difference between the two post. That is more than enough for him to change his mind...

Also why are you so sure that squirtles is town?
Lord_Binky
Lord_Binky
Goon
Lord_Binky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:29 am

Post by Lord_Binky »

UNVOTE: Doctor Pepper

VOTE: I liek Squirtles

Because why vote for you when I'm mildly suspicious when I can possibly catch you (or someone else) red-handed.

Consider this an info vote.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:41 am

Post by innocentvillager »

Megatone is being replaced.

VoteCount DAY 1 FINAL
# of VotesPlayerCurrently Voted by
5 (LYNCHHH)I liek SquirtlesMegatone, DragonArcherZ, DoctorPepper, gameplay506, Lord_Binky
2Lord_BinkyNicCage, Disturbed_One
2gameplay506I liek Squirtles, LaVidaensuMuerte

Not Voting:

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-04-07 18:51:11)

Please
bold
any requests to me/errors in the VC, etc.[/area]

Flip incoming.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:42 am

I liek Squirtles was lynched Day 1. He was a
Vanilla Townie.

All Night actions must be submitted to me in (expired on 2014-04-05 11:42:34).
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:36 am

Achilles replaces Megatone. Welcome him after the Day starts!
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:45 am

DragonArcherZ,
Town Doctor
, has been shot Night 1.

Day 2 begins now.

VoteCount 2.0Players Alive:

LaVidaensuMuerte
Achilles
gameplay506
Lord_Binky
Disturbed_One (SE)
NicCage (SE)
DoctorPepper (IC)

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-04-19 13:45:08).
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:56 am

Post by gameplay506 »

So I guess I am the first to post. From now on we need to be really careful! We have to lynch right or we will lose.
Lord_Binky wrote:UNVOTE: Doctor Pepper

Because why vote for you when I'm mildly suspicious when I can possibly catch you (or someone else) red-handed.

To start of I want to ask you Binky...WTF?! Why did you have to hammer?? We still had left 5 days and that is more than enough to get more evidence. This is really shitty and even if it you aren't from the mafia this was a really bad move.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:03 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Also I will look DAZ's votes and posts. He has to be killed for something and I think he might have got one of the mafia players right. It is really bad for the town because he was one of the good players here and even he was a doctor. Stilll we have a Town Tracker or Town Cop so not everything is lost.
LaVidaensuMuerte
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:08 am

Post by LaVidaensuMuerte »

He jumped onto the same bandwagon as you, GP and NO BODY ever explained to me why Squirtles was being seen as scum, even after I explicitly asked. If anyone said anything, it didn't make any sense to me.

Anyway, I'm stuck between voting GP or Lord_Binky, but I will wait to hear what LB has to be say for himself.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:35 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Oh I totally forgot- hi Achilles . I hope you will have good time playing with us :d
Lord_Binky
Lord_Binky
Goon
Lord_Binky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Lord_Binky »

In post 154, Lord_Binky wrote:UNVOTE: Doctor Pepper

To put it another way, in my experience there's a virtual guarantee that there is Mafia in the vote for whoever gets lynched. Why give them the chance to confuse us by switching votes? Furthermore, this is my point about why I don't knee jerk vote based simply on suspicions - thus crap happens.

Besides, look at the voters. Only Megatone (welcome Achilles) didn't vote. Somebody has to be the hammer so I made it myself and simply integrated it into the above reasons.
Lord_Binky
Lord_Binky
Goon
Lord_Binky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:44 am

Post by Lord_Binky »

If I were to guess our Mafia right now, they would be NicCage and Achilles. I hope I made myself clear with dropping the Day 1 hammer that I'm not casting a vote for either just yet. We have two weeks to hash things out but now we have some real information.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:17 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Lord_Binky wrote:If I were to guess our Mafia right now, they would be NicCage and Achilles. I hope I made myself clear with dropping the Day 1 hammer that I'm not casting a vote for either just yet. We have two weeks to hash things out but now we have some real information.
That is interesting. Why do you think they could be scum?
DragonArcherZ
DragonArcherZ
Townie
DragonArcherZ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:25 am

Post by DragonArcherZ »

Bah, I'm dead. I'm not surprised either. Well, GL Town, and (this is not specific to this mafia), can we not fucking lynch someone on vague votes in D1 when we're nowhere near the deadline? Thanks.
LaVidaensuMuerte
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:34 am

Why Achilles? His predecessor had a RVS vote on our deceased and then left never getting to change and/or alter said vote.

I'm not still not OK with the way you dropped the day 1 hammer so, to apply pressure....

VOTE: Lord_Binky
Lord_Binky
Lord_Binky
Goon
Lord_Binky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:36 am

Post by Lord_Binky »

We know that DAZ and Squirtles were Town. Of course I won't call myself Scum even if I am so I'll leave that to you. That leaves you, DP, and Megatone.

Disturbed_One, abrasive as he might be, strikes me as Town. I get a null-Town vibe from you and Vida.

That leaves NicCage, Megatone, and DP. DP is more active than either of them. Nic Cage seems to be sitting back and throwing out token posts. Hopefully he's not a Cop trying to play under the radar. Not that activity is a scum litmus test but it seems to be an indicator.

Now that Achilles is in play my reads could swing on him. Time will tell.
Lord_Binky
Lord_Binky
Goon
Lord_Binky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:38 am

Post by Lord_Binky »

Eh, slow on the draw. My last part was in response to GP.

Since you're voting me, Vida, who do you think my scum-buddy is?
LaVidaensuMuerte
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:52 am

I don't know lol.

However, this also causes me concern:
Lord_Binky wrote:If I were to guess our Mafia right now, they would be NicCage and Achilles. I hope I made myself clear with dropping the Day 1 hammer that I'm not casting a vote for either just yet. We have two weeks to hash things out but now we have some real information.
Here, you sound pretty confident that our new player is scum, but just a couple posts later you aren't so sure.

Lord_Binky wrote: Now that Achilles is in play my reads could swing on him. Time will tell.
What's that about?
Achilles
Achilles
Goon
Achilles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:50 am

Post by Achilles »

Hi all.
In post 163, Lord_Binky wrote:
In post 154, Lord_Binky wrote:UNVOTE: Doctor Pepper

To put it another way, in my experience there's a virtual guarantee that there is Mafia in the vote for whoever gets lynched. Why give them the chance to confuse us by switching votes? Furthermore, this is my point about why I don't knee jerk vote based simply on suspicions - thus crap happens.

Besides, look at the voters. Only Megatone (welcome Achilles) didn't vote. Somebody has to be the hammer so I made it myself and simply integrated it into the above reasons.
Why could you not wait a few more days and hammer later? You could've always gone back to page 7 to see the state there.

In post 167, LaVidaensuMuerte wrote:
Why Achilles? His predecessor had a RVS vote on our deceased and then left never getting to change and/or alter said vote.

I'm not still not OK with the way you dropped the day 1 hammer so, to apply pressure....

VOTE: Lord_Binky
Why did you feel the need to say "to apply pressure"? Do you or do you not find LB scummy?

Comments in line here:
In post 168, Lord_Binky wrote:We know that DAZ and Squirtles were Town. Of course I won't call myself Scum even if I am so I'll leave that to you. That leaves you, DP, and Megatone.

Scummy thing to say. Most townies just say "Of course I'm not scum". Why did you add "even if I am"?

Disturbed_One, abrasive as he might be, strikes me as Town. I get a null-Town vibe from you and Vida.

What is a null-Town vibe?

That leaves NicCage, Megatone, and DP. DP is more active than either of them. Nic Cage seems to be sitting back and throwing out token posts. Hopefully he's not a Cop trying to play under the radar. Not that activity is a scum litmus test but it seems to be an indicator.

Why would you indicate that you think NC is a cop? Are you saying that inactive people tend to be scummy or that active people tend to be scummy?

Now that Achilles is in play my reads could swing on him. Time will tell.
Here are my overall thoughts on the game so far:

Stunned that ILS was lynched. That wagon was absurd.

gameplay
- townie. Post 33 he argues with ILS. Post 90/117 he argues with Vida. I think he's trying to scum hunt and posting like he has nothing to hide.
disturbed_one
- townie. He's had very good and on point questions.
lord binky
- scum. I think the most indicting thing is that he said "Consider this an info vote." Why would you write that? It made me feel like he KNEW that ILS was town. Sure the hammer was stupid and that could be attributed to noob-ness, but that post really did it for me. In post 53 he calls DP scum, but in 86 he is suspicious of NC/Vida and asks DP for his opinion. Kind of odd..
Vida
- leaning town. In post 34 she said she voted ILS for an "interesting role," which in her mind implies mafia. I think Gameplay called her on it and said that interesting could be a town power role too. I was suspicious at that point, But the Binky/GP separation makes me consider her town.

DAZ considered LB + Vida townie (103). I don't think they knew he was doc - the kill seemed relatively random. I could see them trying to kill someone who was pro-mafia to an extent.

Unsure about NC or DP. I think DO made a good point on how DP changed his mind about ILS. Sure it was 50 posts but ILS didn't really post much to change anyone's mind in between.

In short, I believe that LB and one of NC/DP are scum. I think LB is definitely scum and the one to lynch today. VOTE: Lord Binky
LaVidaensuMuerte
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
LaVidaensuMuerte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:05 am

Achilles: I never voted for ILS. I voted L_B on accident, Disturbed for RVS, GP for serious and again L_B but for serious this time lol.
Achilles
Achilles
Goon
Achilles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:12 am

Post by Achilles »

In post 172, LaVidaensuMuerte wrote:
Achilles: I never voted for ILS. I voted L_B on accident, Disturbed for RVS, GP for serious and again L_B but for serious this time lol.
You're right, my bad. ILS mentioned you then quoted a post with

Code: Select all

[quote]
tags instead of a direct quote so I thought he was talking about you, but he was actually referring to gameplay506.

My reasoning for that stands but I think it makes more sense coming from gameplay since he's been playing a pretty thorough noob-town so far.
Lord_Binky
Lord_Binky
Goon
Lord_Binky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:31 am

Post by Lord_Binky »

In post 170, LaVidaensuMuerte wrote:
I don't know lol.

However, this also causes me concern:
Here, you sound pretty confident that our new player is scum, but just a couple posts later you aren't so sure.

Lord_Binky wrote: Now that Achilles is in play my reads Gould swing on him. Time will tell.
What's that about?
Achilles and Megatone are different people. That means different play styles. Hell, at this rate at least we're getting anything out of Achilles to work with. If a player didn't participate it hurts Town because communication is information which is Town's lifeblood. Scum plays defense by obscuring information and confusing Town. Therefore, less active players have a certain greater likelihood to be scum than town due to incentives.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”