HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:12 am

Post by HighShroomish »

In post 2520, petroleumjelly wrote:
In post 2518, HighShroomish wrote:I've never seen town give so many fucks about their appearance, PJ. Never.
Explain.
You seem to be trying REALLY hard to prove yourself town. I've never seen town care this much about appearances. Was that really that difficult to understand O.o
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:19 am

Post by Thesp »

In post 2070, emogirl123 wrote:@Kabooooom, I hate playing the WIFOM game, but I really really don't think team scum is Chevre and Bulbazak together. For this to be true, team scum would have needed to all vote me Day 1, and tunnel my slot for the remainder of the game. That would be such terrible play.
Is this the emogirl123 case on Chevre people are referring to? ;)
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:27 am

Post by kabooooom »

Nop.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 5.4

petroleumjelly (4) - Thor665, emeraldemon, kabooooom, Aegor
Thesp (2) - inHimshallibe, Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash (1) - Thesp
Sotty7 (1) - HighShroomish

Not voting (2) - petroleumjelly, Sotty7

With ten players alive, it takes six votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day Five is Monday, 14th April 20.00 BST, (in (expired on 2014-04-14 19:00:00)).
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 2515, HighShroomish wrote:I voted Aegor for continuity. I didn't have any one else that I felt was scummy. Until now.
UNVOTE
VOTE: SCOTTY

You were practically a non-entity until this game day. You say you aren't useless because you were on both wagons, but I've barely even noticed you all game, but I guess that feeling is mutual.
There is no scotty in this game.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:44 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 2517, petroleumjelly wrote:Actually, I am going to start with an argument for why I am Town. I will stick with the Rule of Three.
This basically made me want to skip the whole post. I'll come back to it later, but lets here more about who is scum first then maybe we can figure out if you are town that way.
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:48 pm

Post by HighShroomish »

Holy crap I've been reading your name wrong this whole game O.o
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

'Scotty' is also a she, in case that helps.

I'll admit the way I remember her name is I always think of girls doing shots...I'm not sure what that does of my opinions and interactions with her, but that's my method.
I will say Post 2530 was pretty much win in my book.

@Thesp - how unlikely do you find it that three members of a scumteam would vote someone?
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:58 am

Post by Huntress »

inHimshallibe, Rainbowdash and emeraldemon have been prodded.
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:09 am

Post by emeraldemon »

Sotty are you going to vote someone?

PJ, I have to agree with sotty, what are your reads?
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:20 am

Post by emeraldemon »

In post 2477, Sotty7 wrote:What's your read on Thesp?
I'm townreading thesp, but I've fallen behind in this game and I only skimmed the back-and-forth between him and thor.

I'm gonna try to reread today at least and probably move stuff around, but this is where I'm at now:

TOWN
sotty7
thesp
Thor
Nixon in a party hat
highshroomish
rainbowdash
aegor
kaboom
pj
SCUM

The biggest changes from yesterday are probably my thor paranoia and PJ scumread.
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:30 am

Post by kabooooom »

Your list is weak!!
there are more scummy players compared to me and aegor!
if pj flips town and you plan to lynch me or aegor, you would be wasting your time!
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by emeraldemon »

Kaboom, why do you think Aegor is town?
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 2487, Thor665 wrote:What's your Sotty case?
Really hands off with ABR early, giving him chances D1 and saying the wagon is bad D2. Note actually goes from "vote on him is a cop out" to "I go back and forth on him" in under 72 hours. The whole ABR suspicion progression seems to more line up with the state of the game and knowing the fight to keep him is going to be a losing battle than anything else. Bulb vote is a little better, but her play reads far more like scum just cutting their losses and going for a solo win.

Which really is what I think scum had to think at some point in this game. Go back to even day two. What do you think the chances of both ABR and Bulb making it far were? I would say pretty low at that point in the game. Because of that, I could easily see scum in a decent spot just going for the bus.

Just reiterating - If Thesp and PJ are town, its Sotty or Thor as the last scum
Also, how does your Thesp case work in relation to Emerald's 'Garmr wuz town' case discussed by me and him and later re-hashed when I made a town case for Emerald?
Bulb basically just used Garmr-Emo as an interaction that kept letting him call Emo scum and vote whichever of the two he wanted. It feels far more like scum who is trying to link town to a partner. If Garmr dies first, he can continue to call Emo scum. If Emo died first, its a way to back a bit off of Garmr.

If he was "hard bussing" him or anything like that, how did he keep managing to get off him when other wagons happened. For that matter how is he only voting him in two VCs, the entire game? I think you are overselling the interactions quite a bit. I am not arguing that Bulb didn't interact with him, but the attack really didn't come with much in the form of votes.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by Thesp »

In post 2532, Thor665 wrote:@Thesp - how unlikely do you find it that three members of a scumteam would vote someone?
Not unlikely
per se
. However, in the particular manners in which I described in Post 2457:
(1) Where two scum are the only voters on a wagon, and the third decides to vote for that wagon (when there are other viable possibilities) without explanation {Chevre example}; or
(2) as the 3rd, 5th, and 6th in quick succession (when there would be no scum off wagon) {Brian Skies example}.
I do find these two particular instances in a presumed three-scum game to be quite unlikely (and the first far more unlikely than the second).
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Post by kabooooom »

In post 2537, emeraldemon wrote:Kaboom, why do you think Aegor is town?
I never said he is town! I said there are more scummy players than aegor!
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:07 pm

Post by HighShroomish »

Dude, enough with the exclamation marks. It's hard on the eyes.
And I really don't understand why Thesp got so much heat at the beginning of the day,. Anyone care to explain?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:36 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2538, Rainbowdash wrote:If he was "hard bussing" him or anything like that, how did he keep managing to get off him when other wagons happened. For that matter how is he only voting him in two VCs, the entire game? I think you are overselling the interactions quite a bit. I am not arguing that Bulb didn't interact with him, but the attack really didn't come with much in the form of votes.
I like those though. There's little reason to bus a buddy without bothering to put a vote on them, and constant attacks even while voting others reads to me like a planned mislynch.
In post 2541, HighShroomish wrote:And I really don't understand why Thesp got so much heat at the beginning of the day,. Anyone care to explain?
Why don't you specifically address this to someone you thought was putting heat on Thesp and request their reasons?
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:45 pm

Post by Aegor »

I say we lynch PJ and go from there. Hopefully we will not have to go anywhere.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:46 pm

Post by Aegor »

Chevre is scummy, PJ is not helping with scumreads and is scummy. What are we waiting for?
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:48 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Still reading. Here is where I am at:

1.)
I think inHimshallibe is Town. A few reasons I could go into, but the big ones are that he starts Day Two defending Albert B. Rampage, voting Bulbazak on an unexplained gut, and later semi-explains his gut in Post #1100. Essentially, after Chevre posted the nightkill analysis (which pointed ostensibly towards Albert B. Rampage), Bulbazak went straight to calling nightkill analysis WIFOM, which inHimshallibe called out as "scum deflection" (i.e., Bulbazak did not want the Town thinking too hard into the nightkill).

~

On that note, this is another good argument for why my slot is Town. Chevre tried to get the Town to think about the Night One nightkill (which pointed most obviousyl towards Albert B. Rampage), while Bulbazak explicitly tried to sweep it under the rug of WIFOM. As I have already argued above, given the game-state, it should be clear that scum
would not
initiate nightkill analysis on Day Two that points towards Albert B. Rampage,
especially
while taking the stance that Albert B. Rampage is more likely to be Town because it would be "too obvious."

2.)
If HighShroomish is scum, then his predecessor, OhGodMyLife, must have played a
supremely
strange game as scum.

The most interesting series of posts actually begins arounds Post #495, where OhGodMyLife "dislikes" Bulbazak asking Albert B. Rampage to describe why Chevre is scummy "in his own words." Bulbazak responds in Post #505, and there is a continued discussion between OhGodMyLife and Albert B. Rampage. I find it hard to think this discussion indicates an OhGodMyLife-Bulbazak-Albert B. Rampage scumteam.

Another weird note is that OhGodMyLife seems to change his opinion on lynching Chevre
because
it will lead to Albert B. Rampage being lynched on Day Two (see Post #604). The reasoning is not good and facially it defends Albert B. Rampage; on the other hand, it's hard to see scum
openly
using this reasoning. Why not just leave Chevre alone silently if that's what you think is going to happen? Just really weird stuff to imagine scum writing and then also submitting.

I am inclined to think HighShroomish is Town. If the slot is still alive later I will reconsider, but if the slot is scum there was some unorthodox stuff going on.

3.)
I am still thinking RainbowDash has a good chance of being scum.

On Day One, Maestro seems like he could have been trying to prevent a Bulbazak-emogirl123 confrontation, which I have already discussed. Somehow he ends up voting for emogirl123, and he silently unvotes her in Post #361 while arguing with emogirl123 over whether he is partnered with Bulbazak (which was strangely not something emogirl123 was
actually
arguing). It looks exactly like scum trying to mitigate future Bulbazak damages.

While I haven't gotten RainbowDash defending Albert B. Rampage again in my reread, I know it struck me as a fairly possible "loyalty" defense the first time; I will see if it stands true when I get there. I do not really have reasons to seriously think RainbowDash is not paired with Albert B. Rampage or Bulbazak.

4.)
Not many thoughts on Aegor, kabooooom, emeraldemon, or Brian Skies (Thor665) in the first couple game days. They either never seem to stick out (kabooooom, Brian Skies, emeraldemon), or else their posts are pretty predictable (Aegor). Would quite like these players to participate more. I actually find it a bit disconcerting that these are the exact four players that seem to be off the table for lynching today, when they are actually the most difficult to try and get a read on.

5.)
Actively going back and forth on Sotty7 and Garmr (DisCode/Thesp). Sometimes they seem Townish, sometimes they seem Scummish. Will try to force myself on one side of the fence for both of these players once I have read through everything. Still haven't gotten to rereading Day Four (Bulbazak lynch) and hoping there is some interesting stuff there.

~

Other things:

6.)
kabooooom, tell me what accusations of emogirl123 you are
concerned with
. You can't wave your hand at two-thirds of a 101-page game and say "it's somewhere in there."

7.)
HighShroomish, is there something scummy about defending yourself? Is there something scummy about the way I defended myself? Please elaborate.

8.)
Thor665, I am going to politely ask you to stop being an ass towards me. (This also applies to Sotty7 to a lesser extent). You have been particularly dismissive towards my play, and it quite honesty makes me regret replacing in and encourages me to not bother putting my time into this game. I am devoting as much time as I feel I can devote to the game, and I am going about my play in the order that makes the most sense for me.

To answer your question, yes, I was (and still am) in the process of rereading. Because I am not completely oblivious to the game-state, I recognize that I may well be lynched before I finish my reread. I can even see an argument that I am stalling (as of Day Five, that is) because it has almost been a week and I still have not finished my reread (which is an argument I
can
understand, even though I know it is not actually the case). Therefore I decided it would be worth my time to explicitly argue why I am Town.

I get that you're gruff, grumpy, or whatever. But please tone it down -- it feels more like you are undermining me as a person than you are trying to scumhunt. I do not respond well to players who seem to be pushing my emotional buttons. Thanks in advance.

~

PPE:
FoS: Aegor
. Getting impatient? Hold your horses.

While you're around, would you mind explaining your vote on me? It seems like you are basing your vote from emogirl123's suspicions. Could you elaborate? Do you actually think emogirl123 would still want to pursue my slot now that Bulbazak has flipped scum? Thesp has already pretty much pointed out that while emogirl123 had several varied suspicions, she also had views on pairings that were
unlikely
, which included Bulbazak-Chevre.

You appear to be pushing the case on me in the hopes people remember the fact that Chevre was almost lynched once (therefore Chevre
must
be scummy) without actually deciding if the reasons for finding Chevre scummy still mesh with the current game-state. You do not seem to be incorporating new information in your opinions, and it does not seem like you are actually scumhunting. Stop skating. Start playing.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:58 pm

Post by kabooooom »

I will direct those questions once I get home.

and just so you know, my vote on you is cos of emogul's case on you. I will reread all the stuff cos I remember emogul saying if bulb scumflips chevre might not be scum.

also let me know your reads on thor and ED from whatever posts there are.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:11 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I will not be replaced...

I am suffering from heavy workload at the office which makes me want to be as far as possible from a computer when I arrive home. I have done some
actual work
on this game since last week, but I don't have time to go through my notes right now.

Self-promise to post later today, after morning/weekly reports I should not be so burdened.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:03 am

Post by emeraldemon »

In post 2538, Rainbowdash wrote:For that matter how is he only voting him in two VCs, the entire game?
Garmr was voting bulba in about 6 VCs, from to . For most of that time the only other vote on bulba was inHim. This was day 2, when the big fight was Nobody Special vs. ABR. So my point really had nothing to do with Bulba interacting with garmr, I'm saying Garmr (and somewhat inHim) were trying unsuccessfully to get a bulb wagon going when that was not a popular opinion to have. Also in the end Garmr gets so pissed off at bulba that he replaces out. Is that really how scum buddies would interact?
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:16 am

Post by emeraldemon »

In post 2545, petroleumjelly wrote:The most interesting series of posts actually begins arounds Post #495, where OhGodMyLife "dislikes" Bulbazak asking Albert B. Rampage to describe why Chevre is scummy "in his own words." Bulbazak responds in Post #505, and there is a continued discussion between OhGodMyLife and Albert B. Rampage. I find it hard to think this discussion indicates an OhGodMyLife-Bulbazak-Albert B. Rampage scumteam.
Hrrrm. I actually like this find, although I don't think it's impossible for OGML to jump in as scum here.

PJ, I can understand wanting to reread everything, but you're not even through day 1 yet. At the rate you're going you definitely won't finish rereading before deadline, much less finish in time to help choose a lynch.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”