Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:30 am

Post by Wolfy »

OK - I get it. Totally pointless debate then. There would never be a counter claim except by another newbie making a mistake.
Nice distraction.

Getting real, I think most of us
believe
that MM made a newbie mistake under pressure.
Only the scum and the possible doc
know
anything - the rest of us have to go with what we believe.

I believe that Xayzeck is trying to distract town.

VOTE: Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:31 am

Post by Xayzeck »

distract town from what exactly?
GMT+8
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:33 am

Post by Wolfy »

In post 201, Xayzeck wrote:distract town from what exactly?
from scum reading you...
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:36 am

Post by Xayzeck »

not really though

what exactly have i done to distract town from scumreading me?
GMT+8
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:47 am

Post by Wolfy »

In post 163, Xayzeck wrote:Fake cop claims are garunteed to have a CC I believe, so if he is newbscum trying to fakeclaim he is either really dumb, or has really big balls because he's willing to bet nobody will CC, and that's highly unlikely.
In post 203, Xayzeck wrote:not really though

what exactly have i done to distract town from scumreading me?
..and we just established that a fake cop claim would
never
be CCd - but you said it was
guaranteed

I also notice that since I gave a scum read on you yesterday...
Xayzeck – was very active defending himself when Mora was pushing. Not a lot of other pro-town activity.
...your attempts at pro town activity has gone back up. It just doesn't come across as pro-town to me (even though I agree that MMs claim is not fake)
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:52 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 197, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 182, Xayzeck wrote:given the real cop does cc
In post 192, Xayzeck wrote:given that any pr does chose to cc
pls read thx
this is the third time i'm quoting this, and you still do not seem to realise that in all my scenarios i assumed that the pr would cc.

i still don't see how this distracts the town from scumreading me?
GMT+8
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:58 am

Post by Moratorium »

Please stop bringing this up, every time you do I have to go re-read page 8 and then I have hallucinations.

Your whole "given the X" thing is headache-inducing.

EXPLAIN IT TO ME LIKE I'M A FIVE YEAR OLD.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:59 am

Post by Wolfy »

In post 205, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 197, Xayzeck wrote: this is the third time i'm quoting this, and you still do not seem to realise that in all my scenarios i assumed that the pr would cc.
that's my point - why would you assume the pr would CC? It's a ridiculous assumption. The pr would never cc.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:02 am

Post by Xayzeck »

my fakeclaiming stuff is under the assumption that a pr will cc if he can cc

aka, someone claims jk, but i am tracker, and jk and tracker cannot be in the same setup, therefore I will cc

this makes the cop fakeclaim a bad idea if you're scum, as no matter what setup you're in, you will be cc-ed.

there are possible scenarios and roles you can claim and avoid a cc, which i explained on page 8.

realistically, you won't be cced, because if the real cop cc-ed, we would lynch scum, but we would lose cop. that is bad for town. thus cop will stay quiet. however, since cop knows he is cop, he can see through cop fake claim, and this will give him confidence to scumread fakeclaimer, and help town lynch scum while avoiding cop claim. this also makes a cop fakeclaim a bad idea

therefore cop claim is real

anything you don't get?
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:03 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 207, Wolfy wrote:that's my point - why would you assume the pr would CC? It's a ridiculous assumption. The pr would never cc.
not too sure why i've been assuming the PR would cc

not too sure why you find this important
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:05 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 203, Xayzeck wrote:what exactly have i done to distract town from scumreading me?
you have not told me what i have done to distract the town from scumreading me

anyway, off to bed for tonight
GMT+8
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:48 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Updated Reads;

Spoiler: Town
MM - Since his post stating he isn't mafia, with reasons I have previously stated, plus the fact he has now claimed cop and I don't believe he is lying this is an obvious townie for me

Shinobi - Another clear townie. Pressuring people, asking questions, just saying and doing all the right things. Would like to see some reads/thoughts on the game so far.

Wolfy - With his recent exchange with Xayzeck, I believe Wolfy is town. Whilst this is his first real pro-town act, it's enough to have me leaning town for now.

Spoiler: Scum
Mala - My initial read was town, but that was based on gut feeling. Due to her inactivity levels and not much pro-town action, I am leaning towards scum

Mora - Feelings of scum are getting stronger and stronger. Whilst it may look like he is actively scumhunting, what he actually appears to be doing is focusing in on one person and trying to prove that they are scum. I don't like this tactic, it's almost like there are no other people in the game. Looks scummy to me, sticking with this read for now.

Xayzeck - Leaning towards scum. Not much pro-town activity and a lot of his posts don't really have any real content to further the game. Most of his posts are pointless/lacking direction

Spoiler: No Read
HashtagSELFIE - What I will say is I have noticed his name on the list of names at the bottom of the main forum page on numerous occasions, he is most definitely checking this thread out but not providing his opinions/thoughts. Whilst this looks scummy, I am still undecided for now.

thatguy2 - not enough posting. Would like to see more
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:58 am

Post by Moratorium »

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... em_Lynched

This is the school I subscribe to, though I admit to being nowhere near as effective as I've seen Albert B. Rampage be with scumhunting in the past.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:11 am

In post 212, Moratorium wrote:http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... em_Lynched

This is the school I subscribe to, though I admit to being nowhere near as effective as I've seen Albert B. Rampage be with scumhunting in the past.
That is a really good article and would be an excellent choice of article to follow if you were scum. Do you need a step-by-step guide on how to play the game? That looks mighty suspicious to me. It does however explain your style of play.

Excellent article.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:48 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 211, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Updated Reads;

Spoiler: Town
MM - Since his post stating he isn't mafia, with reasons I have previously stated, plus the fact he has now claimed cop and I don't believe he is lying this is an obvious townie for me

Shinobi - Another clear townie. Pressuring people, asking questions, just saying and doing all the right things. Would like to see some reads/thoughts on the game so far.

Wolfy - With his recent exchange with Xayzeck, I believe Wolfy is town. Whilst this is his first real pro-town act, it's enough to have me leaning town for now.

Spoiler: Scum
Mala - My initial read was town, but that was based on gut feeling. Due to her inactivity levels and not much pro-town action, I am leaning towards scum

Mora - Feelings of scum are getting stronger and stronger. Whilst it may look like he is actively scumhunting, what he actually appears to be doing is focusing in on one person and trying to prove that they are scum. I don't like this tactic, it's almost like there are no other people in the game. Looks scummy to me, sticking with this read for now.

Xayzeck - Leaning towards scum. Not much pro-town activity and a lot of his posts don't really have any real content to further the game. Most of his posts are pointless/lacking direction

Spoiler: No Read
HashtagSELFIE - What I will say is I have noticed his name on the list of names at the bottom of the main forum page on numerous occasions, he is most definitely checking this thread out but not providing his opinions/thoughts. Whilst this looks scummy, I am still undecided for now.

thatguy2 - not enough posting. Would like to see more
In post 133, Wolfy wrote:Ok – for what little it’s worth…

Leaning town

BlueBloodedToffee
– it looks, from my very limited experience, like active scum hunting from a newbie. If he was an experienced player I might not be reading it so strong.
Moratorium
– looks like active scum hunting. Putting pressure on people (Xayzeck, BBT) and getting reactions. He is an experienced player though so he could just be fooling a dumbass like me… that’s why it’s only leaning.
Shinobi
– looks like active scum hunting to me. Lots of pro town questioning and trying to get people working together.

No read

HashtagSELFIE

thatguy2

Leaning scum

Malakittens
– Nothing specifically scummy – just not enough pro town activity. I expect (and have seen in games read through) much more pro town activity from the IC when they are town. Need to find some time to look through some of Mala’s games.
Xayzeck
– was very active defending himself when Mora was pushing. Not a lot of other pro-town activity. Nothing definite – this is mostly a gut feel.
Mafia Moderator
– gut feel. He doesn’t post anything useful to town.

Not sure I've added any real value here but it's probably a worthwhile exercise for everybody to go through.

These two posts are
almost
exactly the same in reads, anyone want to guess why?

~

Also, we should stop the whole setup discussion. We can either have a doc or a BP. Most likely the latter as, the doc setup is more rarely seen than the BP, but both have equal chances of appearing.

If we had a cop; there would be a CC from at least the active players. The only two who could still be a cop would be Selfie or ThatGuy2.

~

Also, the more I read BBT and Wolfy's ISO's back to back the more I see similar posts by them. Ugh, makes me believe there's a chance one is scum, but I need more time to figure out which.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:10 am

Post by Wolfy »

In post 214, Malakittens wrote:
These two posts are
almost
Because we are both seeing the same scummy behaviour in you?
We are reading Moratorium differently
If we had a cop; there would be a CC from at least the active players...
Really? So if you were the cop you would CC at this point? Day 1? I find that hard to believe.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:15 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 215, Wolfy wrote:
These two posts are
almost
Because we are both seeing the same scummy behaviour in you?
We are reading Moratorium differently
If we had a cop; there would be a CC from at least the active players...
Really? So if you were the cop you would CC at this point? Day 1? I find that hard to believe.
It's your wording; your reads are basically the same besides the fact he moved MM up due to the claim and then moved Mora down.

Either he's scum parroting you or you could be scum. A majority of your posts are similar in terms of content. You started talking about twilight, he started talking about twilight. You worded that there wasn't enough protown activity from me; he worded it the same.

As a cop, yes I would have done it by now. Even on Day 1~

Removed Alt Slip ~JS
Last edited by JacobSavage on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:19 am

Post by Malakittens »

Also, Wolfy, did JS ever replied to you in regards to me?

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:20 am

Post by Shinobi »

UNVOTE: Mala

Gonna catch up, gotta shower first and hopefully I'll be able to post things of use.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:32 am

Post by Wolfy »

In post 218, Malakittens wrote:Also, Wolfy, did JS ever replied to you in regards to me?
who is JS and what question did I ask him/her?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:34 am

Post by Malakittens »

JacobSavage.

Also, nevermind, that wasn't you. It was BBT.

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:37 am

These two posts are
almost

~

Also, we should stop the whole setup discussion. We can either have a doc or a BP. Most likely the latter as, the doc setup is more rarely seen than the BP, but both have equal chances of appearing.

If we had a cop; there would be a CC from at least the active players. The only two who could still be a cop would be Selfie or ThatGuy2.

~

Also, the more I read BBT and Wolfy's ISO's back to back the more I see similar posts by them. Ugh, makes me believe there's a chance one is scum, but I need more time to figure out which.
What's a BP and what does IOS mean?

Can you explain your last sentence. If mine and Wolfy's posts are similar, why are we both not scum? Why only one?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:38 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 143, Shinobi wrote:
In post 142, Malakittens wrote:Also Mora:

If you don't like it then just don't react to it or even better do one up and ignore it. The fact you even put attention to it gives you more unwanted attention to it.

But, hey, You missed my point and it's not even all about you.

Newbies are holding me on a high scale and expecting me to act similar to a player who has far more experience than I do. I want them to learn not everyone plays the same way and that each player is different.

So yeah, I get annoyed at comments like "Omg, you're not playing like Thor or Nacho".
To be honest, I'm not actually sure why everyone is scumreading you off of that. I mostly just voted you because it would stir up discussion faster than anything else I could think of.

When you get the chance, I want you to give us your opinions on the BBT and Mora debacle.

Also, I'm focusing on why BBT and Wolfy's reads are almost the same. As for BBT/Mora, I'm getting a huge experienced scum player coaching ingame an inexperienced scum player vibe, but considering it's a newbie this game shouldn't be applied as heavily as other queue games.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:41 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 222, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:

These two posts are
almost

~

~

What's a BP and what does IOS mean?

Can you explain your last sentence. If mine and Wolfy's posts are similar, why are we both not scum? Why only one?
Bulletproof~

ISo is isolation posts. If you go look after post number it will give up ISO where it just pulls up posts from
that
player.

It's because at least one of you are trying actively hard to fit in by sheeping reads and going with the majority.

I don't think both inexperienced-scum would follow each other; one would probably try sheeping a semi-experienced player or something.

Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:44 am

Post by Moratorium »

In post 223, Malakittens wrote:
In post 143, Shinobi wrote:
In post 142, Malakittens wrote:Also Mora:

If you don't like it then just don't react to it or even better do one up and ignore it. The fact you even put attention to it gives you more unwanted attention to it.

But, hey, You missed my point and it's not even all about you.

Newbies are holding me on a high scale and expecting me to act similar to a player who has far more experience than I do. I want them to learn not everyone plays the same way and that each player is different.

So yeah, I get annoyed at comments like "Omg, you're not playing like Thor or Nacho".
To be honest, I'm not actually sure why everyone is scumreading you off of that. I mostly just voted you because it would stir up discussion faster than anything else I could think of.

When you get the chance, I want you to give us your opinions on the BBT and Mora debacle.

Also, I'm focusing on why BBT and Wolfy's reads are almost the same. As for BBT/Mora, I'm getting a huge experienced scum player coaching ingame an inexperienced scum player vibe, but considering it's a newbie this game shouldn't be applied as heavily as other queue games.
I'm literally coaching. Check out this article. That acronym means FlibbidyFloo. Stop rolefishing.

Shouldn't be a vibe, I'm coaching over here.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”