BoroPhil
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 5:51 am

Post by BoroPhil »

well fair enough, if there is more to it than I realised, I apologise.

it is hard to follow though. I thought the general idea with hydras was they worked together outside of the thread and presented their collective thoughts in the thread.
The_Ascended
The_Ascended
Townie
The_Ascended
Townie
Townie

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:07 am

Post by The_Ascended »

...You know you've signed up to do some serious work when the main topic of discussion is of the moral and ethical implications of hydras rather than the specific alignment of a player.
:P
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:11 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

Can I just say that, regardless of any ethics involving a Hydra, I think 4 heads is scum.
The_Ascended, is that mastin or pasch in the last post?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:13 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 402, Randomnamechange wrote:Can I just say that, regardless of any ethics involving a Hydra, I think 4 heads is scum.
Why?

And why does it matter?
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:18 am

Post by Baezu »

Have we gotten a VC yet? If not, is there someone who can provide a rough one? I'm on my phone and at work all day and I'd like to see who's where.

Zeph's posting do sort of look like moonlights in the game I modded where he gave up. It sucks to be caught as scum and easy to just buckle over. I know those signs. I've felt the same way before. It's as if the game is no longer fun and you're just waiting to die. Sorry, Zeph. You're a good player - you just got caught.
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
The_Ascended
The_Ascended
Townie
The_Ascended
Townie
Townie

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:20 am

Post by The_Ascended »

I'm just going to do some kneejerk reaction catchup notes in here.
Spoiler: So probably massively out of synch with Pasch
In post 3, Zephyrus wrote:This is going to be interesting, Trickster and Moonlight :L
First instinct is that this is scum.
In post 6, Not_Mafia wrote:Blushing... red... fire mafia... lynch it
And that this is town.
In post 7, Tr1ckster wrote:
In post 6, Not_Mafia wrote:Blushing... red... fire mafia... lynch it
Fire's orange. The really hot stuff is blue.
Fallacious argument.
Lynch it.
My thoughts are also that this was scum,
In post 8, Moonlight wrote:Mmm, lots of familiar faces.

I want to vote Not_Mafia already and we haven't even started. D:
And so was this, but I'm not exactly sure, especially given the method of confirming.
In post 9, BoroPhil wrote:God I hope Moonlight is scum again.
This struck me as insanely town, though.

My feelings about both slots continue in their next posting. The basic summary of it is that I feel like BoroPhil is nice and relaxed town, whereas Moonlight feels a bit uptight, as if scum.
In post 23, tman2nd wrote:Hello, Trickster, Burke, Moonlight, Zeph, and Boro. I recently read part of the game you four played recently. :wink:

And, for something completely different, Not_Mafia seems to be trying to subliminally influence us into thinking that they are not mafia. :igmeou:

VOTE: Not_Mafia
I got a similar vibe from this, too.
So my page one impression, summarized:
A scum feeling from tman2nd and Moonlight, with a potential scum feeling from Trickster; a town feeling from BoroPhil and Not_Mafia. Though my first instinct on Zeph was scum, unlike the others (which I feel somewhat permanently, as in, the feelings aren't just a split-second instinct), the instinct faded and hasn't moved one way or another.
Just my page one impression, and this is of course before talking to Pasch.
BoroPhil
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:22 am

Post by BoroPhil »

In post 402, Randomnamechange wrote:Can I just say that, regardless of any ethics involving a Hydra, I think 4 heads is scum.
I agree.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:28 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

@mastin

Cool. So you have a bunch of... feelings? Err.. can you explain them please? Is there a reason for these feelings?

Also, spoilers aren't allowed. >.< Did you read the thread? Are you caught up? Because we already discussed this, I believe.

Finally, please don't tell me "I don't know, they're just gut reads.." because my first assumption will be that you're scum covering a scum buddy and a town player, one as a white knight to protect the other one. And the reason you're using feelings is because you can't debate them or work with people's feelings. So please don't tell me you don't know, they're just feelings.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:31 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Trickster they're just page 1 reads, you seem... jumpy
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:31 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

The posts you picked to quote, mastin, are interesting. The posts you chose not to quote is also interesting. The fact that you disagree with your partner is also intriguing. I wonder if he's going to get a lecture on bussing his scum buddy? How strong would you say your reads are at this point, mastin?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:32 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 408, Not_Mafia wrote:Trickster they're just page 1 reads, you seem... jumpy
Jumpy would describe it well, I think. WHy is she posting if she's only read page 1? The last time I saw someone do that they were scum trying to set up a lynch on town.
BoroPhil
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:35 am

Post by BoroPhil »

posting her catch up as she reads the thread. what on earth is wrong with that?

hopefully the two heads will come to some sort of common conclusion at the end of it.

here's an idea Tricky. Why don't you wait until they are finished before butting in?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:39 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Page by page reads show greater willingness to be transparent and can assist town in reminding them of stuff they may have forgotten, which is especcially helpful in a game as fast paced as this.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:41 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 411, BoroPhil wrote:here's an idea Tricky. Why don't you wait until they are finished before butting in?
Why? If she felt ready to post her reads in the thread, why should I wait to post my responses to them?
In post 412, Not_Mafia wrote:Page by page reads show greater willingness to be transparent and can assist town in reminding them of stuff they may have forgotten, which is especcially helpful in a game as fast paced as this.
It also brings up no longer relevant topics and kindles old flames that need not be kindled.

That said, I'll give her a chance to respond to my questions.
The_Ascended
The_Ascended
Townie
The_Ascended
Townie
Townie

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:44 am

Post by The_Ascended »

Spoiler: Second impressions
Still kneejerk, but on later pages. :P
In post 25, Finglove wrote:VOTE: Not_Mafia
First instinct on this is town.
In post 27, Randomnamechange wrote:OH HEY ITS THESE GUYS I KNOW THESE GUYS.
Good to see you again Tricks, Moonlight and Zephrus. Wait a minute!
Zephyrus
phyr
fyr
fire
Vote Zephryus
With this one, it's difficult to tell, but I do get a very slight initial impression of it being town, albeit much weaker than most initial impressions.
In post 29, YurikoJasmine wrote:Following a wagon so soon?

vote: finglove
So I know that using interactive tells so soon off of so little is a bad idea, but I did it anyway. This post was nulltown, but it was these two pushing her that made me think she's town.
In post 57, Tr1ckster wrote:Initial reads:
Scum:
tman2 - why question a wagon and mark it as worthless and keep your vote on it?
Not_Mafia - why worry about who's which mafia?

Null:
finglove - please explain rvs vote.
YurikoJasmine - questions wagon. why?

Town:
Moonlight - seems townie, asks good questions. typical moonlight game start confidence.
randomidget - notes good things
My initial read was...scum. My second read is...still scum, but legitimately scumhunting, and not scum with tman2. Maybe scum with Moonlight, maybe scum thinking Moonlight's town, difficult to say.

Of course, that assumes accuracy about the tman2/Moonlight reads. The tman2 read definitely does hold, though.
In post 60, Moonlight wrote:@Tricks: I agree with your scumreads and I can't believe that people are calling this a random voting stage when there's a 4-vote wagon. :facepalm:
Actually, this makes me strongly think Moonlight's scum with tman2, because "people" is essentially only tman2.

And by the way--this feels like
exactly
the same Not_Mafia as my previous game with him. (Rather, the same NotMafia, just better slightly, having taken my advice I think.) I don't really know what his scumgame is, but if this is it, I would be thoroughly impressed; it is really, really town-looking.
And by the way, my overall tone this game is going to be as relaxed and soothing as I can make it be, since that's the kind of environment that I need right now. Low-stress, low push, not playing at full capacity and more casually scumhunting.

So my page 3 summary is similar to Pasch's, though with a slightly different take.
I agree about tman2 being scummy, and liked Pasch's questioning of Trickster and calling out of Moonlight, though I'm of course a bit disappointed he thought them town in spite of that. Ah, well. We'll work out the chinks after I get caught up. I do like his direction, though.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:48 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

@ Trickster Nothing is ever "no longer relevant" in mafia. (That's semi-hyperbole but you get my point)
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:51 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

There's no such thing as a relaxed, soothing scumhunt. I think mastin of all people would know that.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: The_Ascended

Please explain why you think N_M's game is town.

PEdit:

I would disagree. But even if you think that, there is stuff that's so outdated it's not helpful to discuss it anymore.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:55 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 416, Tr1ckster wrote:There's no such thing as a relaxed, soothing scumhunt. I think mastin of all people would know that.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: The_Ascended

Please explain why you think N_M's game is town.

PEdit:

I would disagree. But even if you think that, there is stuff that's so outdated it's not helpful to discuss it anymore.

Of course you can have a relaxed tone/demeanour and scumhunt.

Your unnecessarily defensive interaction with Mastin's early game reads just reels of bad omgus to me

VOTE: Trickster
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:58 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 417, Not_Mafia wrote:Of course you can have a relaxed tone/demeanour and scumhunt.

Your unnecessarily defensive interaction with Mastin's early game reads just reels of bad omgus to me
You can have a relaxed demeanor and scumhunt, but the scumhunt itself is never relaxed.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 7:00 am

Post by Baezu »

This whole game is based on feelings. None of us know who is scum and who is town, Mastin.

Also don't like tricksters sudden jump on ascended
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 7:01 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 412, Not_Mafia wrote:Page by page reads show greater willingness to be transparent and can assist town in reminding them of stuff they may have forgotten, which is especcially helpful in a game as fast paced as this.
I wholeheartedly agree
Show

Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 7:02 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 419, Baezu wrote:This whole game is based on feelings. None of us know who is scum and who is town, Mastin.

Also don't like tricksters sudden jump on ascended
She knows. She's played mafia for quite some time now.

Which is one reason my vote is on her.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 7:07 am

Post by Baezu »

Ok. We'll keep an eye on her tricks.
Show

The_Ascended
The_Ascended
Townie
The_Ascended
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 7:19 am

Post by The_Ascended »

Spoiler: And impressions continue
In post 80, Baezu wrote:
In post 53, Randomnamechange wrote:Tricks is a playing a very similar game to the game he played when he was town. So yeah.
I disagree. He seems way more confident and town-leader in this game than he was in the game I modded. I don't think learning can be applied that quickly so I'm tending to lean scum on him. Which game are you referring to, RM?
In post 82, Baezu wrote:This actually helps prove my point. What happened to your RQS? If you're town you wouldn't mind garnering that attention but as scum, you prob want to maintain a lower profile
So I've gained a fair amount of respect for Baezu's scumgame, especially since this is a multiscum game and Baezu could be legitimately scumhunting even as scum. However, between these and the previous post to this, my initial impression of Baezu
is
a townread.
In post 94, Moonlight wrote:VOTE: tman
In post 95, Tr1ckster wrote:VOTE: finglove
Mighta gotten it backwards, or half/half. Still think those three are scum, since that's just the general vibe I've gotten from their posting. They seem like they're legitimately scumhunting, sure, but their whole approach seems to be focused on playing town, but not too town, and not actually being town. That's just the feeling I got, though.
In post 102, Randomnamechange wrote:
vote 4 heads

If they had been reading through the thread, they would know that we were out of RVS. Mafia lazy? Also, not really sure how I am buddying.
Though I think the vote is misguided, I do feel like this comes from town.
In post 101, 4 Heads of Insanity wrote:
Town-read on Tr1ckster.

VOTE: Baezu
In post 103, 4 Heads of Insanity wrote:
I disagree with my other heads, scumread on Tr1ckster.
The gimmick will probably grow old, I'm sure, but I actually liked this dissonance entrance into the game. I can understand seeing things other ways, but it felt really sincere to me.
In post 104, Moonlight wrote:To sum up: townread on Tricks and Pasch, scumread on tman, null on everyone else but I'm paying NM, midget and Jasmine extra attention.
And I really didn't like this readslist. Basically most of it felt like, well...scum scumhunting, rather than town scumhunting.
In post 109, Tr1ckster wrote:Actually, I don't like the amount of dependence on past play present in the game at the moment. From pretty much all directions.
You do realize this includes you, right? And how you've interacted with others, especially about Moonlight?
In post 113, tman2nd wrote:Moonlight seems town to me. So, does Trick even though I get a weird feeling from some of his posts.
Secret conspiracy theory: The mod lied. This game's not Fire & Ice. There's only three scum, all on a single team, comprised of these three, interacting this way.
:P
In post 115, idk wrote:Anyway, initial thoughts:
-Not_Mafia seems pretty town. Their first post about the "Are you Fire or Ice?" just seems like some RVS fun, nothing scum-motivated.
-Tr1ckster and Moonlight really seemed to jump on that RVS "reasoning" as a scumtell, and that seems pretty (the word is escaping my mind atm so I'll just say: ) suspicious, but I agree with Ascended: their other posts seem pretty town, they're just barking up the wrong tree
So I was thinking idk was town at this point.
-Finglove obviously is suspect for just dropping in with a bandwagon vote and no other comment
...And then I went, "Hmmm......",
-Tman's not liking the Not_Mafia wagon but keeping his vote there is really annoying, and I do not like his most recent post, specifically his reasoning for keeping his vote on N_M.
...And thought, "I really shouldn't be not-liking this...but I'm really not liking this."
My BoroPhil townread has strengthened, as have my feelings that Finglove is town (midget also slightly more town to me). tman is still a suspect of mine, but admittedly not as much of one. And I have my eye on idk.
In post 124, Moonlight wrote:@Tricks:
In post 0, LlamaFluff wrote:5) No quoting any private communication or PMs, including your role PM. No using invisible text,
spoiler tags
, or encryption codes. Violation of this rule will result in a modkill.
Bolded the important part.
I realize the moderator has made a rule, but seeing as how it's a stupid-ass rule, I've elected to ignore it. :P
/how to actually use Nick Fury quotes.
*cough*
The mod hasn't clarified that rule, yet, so I'll stop using spoiler tags until it is, butyeah. Stupid rule is stupid, so here's to hoping the mod rules it as just that. :P
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 7:25 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

:lol: Respect gained for well used Nick Fury quote.

Define the difference between scum scumhunting and town scumhunting?

Return to “Completed Open Games”