Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by Moonlight »

Bah, I accidentally quoted that because I was going through their ISOs, looking for mentions of each other. Anyway, since I did quote it, I was wondering if Tricks was indirectly getting me to ignore midget there. >_>
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Count

Tr1ckster (4) - BoroPhil, Moonlight, Baezu, 4 Heads of Insanity
BoroPhil (2) - randomidget, Tr1ckster
Not_Mafia (1) - Finglove
YurikoJasmine (1) - idk
Finglove (1) - YurikoJasmine
Zephyrus (1) - Not_Mafia

Not Voting (3) - Zephyrus, tman2nd, The_Ascended

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline is May 22nd, 8PM PST
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2014 9:22 pm

Post by tman2nd »

I'm very lazy. But, I know It will be easier to be involved in this game after I push myself to get caught up. It seems I'm not good at handling two games at once. Well, now I'm being replaced in the other game, so I can feel less overwhelmed and only think about this game. If I disappear again after this, I promise I'll replace out. Now, to get caught up. Sorry for my laziness.
Finglove
Finglove
Goon
Finglove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2014 11:54 pm

Post by Finglove »

So I'm rereading the whole thread, god help me. This post is my analysis of the first half, i.e. up to page 12. I've tried to pull out a small sample of posts I think are interesting (either individually, or in light of subsequent discussion)
In post 39, Not_Mafia wrote:You seem to be trying way too hard to find scumtells in RVS
So it was/is this kind of post that makes me suspicious of NM. The whole point of RVS is to start accusing people of scumtells to get things moving.
In post 192, BoroPhil wrote:Tricky, rubbish reasons are rubbish reasons are rubbish reasons. why does the fact they are early on make a difference?
The borophil-tricky arguments were interesting. I think I'm with borophil in that, although most of our reasoning is going to be somewhat arbitrary (I mean, there's no public/town information yet), there is still a hierachy within the inferior reasoning we have available. For instance,
In post 227, Baezu wrote:Moon if I was trickster and I have played games with you where we were buddies as townies and I rolled scum this game I would continue playing the same way with you so that you wouldn't suspect anything. Doesn't this seem super plausible and likely?
In post 241, Tr1ckster wrote:All that said, I think Baezu is probs town and just paranoid to pieces. What do you say, Moon?
Trickster is being too friendly with too many people for a properly suspicious vanilla townie, to my mind. And I consider that a better form of reasoning than "was it a joke or a scumtell" RVS stuff.

Part II to follow.

PS: I didn't post this yesterday because I got bogged down - this is a bit of a monster at 25pp and 13 people and D1 scumhunting is hard work!
Finglove
Finglove
Goon
Finglove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 12:14 am

Post by Finglove »

In post 311, Not_Mafia wrote:He has a valid point, you've been trying to self impose a town bloc with Moonlight and establish yourself as town leader all game.
I am similarly suspicious of the townbloc/leadership from Trick.
In post 333, Zephyrus wrote:I like Boro's FOS, although might be bad since it looks like I'm buddying up with him
In post 348, Not_Mafia wrote:@Moonlight That was a bit flippant of me sorry, however it's not productive to have you two conf biasing and constantly congratulating each other in a circle, if one of you is town and one of you is scum it can become fatal late game.
In post 320, Zephyrus wrote:I haven't voted for Baezu because I see no reason in voting her because she voted me.
However, having just ISO'd Zephy, this post slipped me by. This is way too self conscious to have come from town, if you're town, why would Baezu's voting you affect your desire to vote them?

VOTE: Zephy
These two posts of Zephy, particularly taken together, are much too self-aware for my liking. I'm also going to
UNVOTE: N_M
because these catches are more towny than most things I've seen of D1.
In post 457, Moonlight wrote:Tricks' flip will tell much more than Zeph's though, he interacted with many more people than Zeph when I think about it.

VOTE: Tr1ckster
Ah, the sad demise of the townbloc. It continues:
In post 466, Tr1ckster wrote:
In post 465, Moonlight wrote:How would I be certain that you're scum unless I'm scum with you? We both know that's not true.

You tried to redirect attention from Zeph and you assumed the worst of Mastin as she caught up. Your reaction to her scumreading you is what's making me confident though. Town-Tricks would have welcomed that with open arms, just as I did. =/
Are you saying you welcoming it was planned?

FoS Moon

I didn't welcome it because she scumread me for what I perceive to be no town motivated reason whatsoever. Because I expected her to read me correctly. Besides, you know I think very differently from you. I tend to be far more confident and aggressive.. and.. to my detriment.. OMGUS-y. Or at least I expect you do.

I have never welcomed a scum read on me with open arms.
In post 506, Tr1ckster wrote:Exactly.

Zeph isn't scum, I don't think.

I'm not passive aggressive.
So a Trick as Scum, Moon as Town narrative fits quite nicely with the observed posting between the two of them. In particular, Moon was careful to point out the limits of the townbloc, and seemed to be keeping alive the possibility of Trick as scum, which I didn't see Trick doing. I was, previously, partially swayed by the early claim, but actually I think on reflection it's probably not alignment indicative. Zeph, I was previously townreading, but having seen those two posts together I find that pretty scummy. So those are probably my two scumreads for now, and since Trick has interacted (and more colourfully) with more people, it makes sense to vote for him today.

VOTE: Trick. [L-2]
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 1:59 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 559, Moonlight wrote:
In post 557, Tr1ckster wrote:You've never seen me lie about my reads before?

Never seen me institute fake pressure?

You're starting to make me wonder whether I really ever played with you.
I've seen you lie about your reads, sure. But to say that you tried to put pressure on mastin is really hard to believe, there was no fucking way anyone would feel pressured by that lone vote you tossed her way.
Exactly why I needed to toss more than a vote her way.
The funniest thing in this argument of ours is that you say you didn't want an obvious wagon on her because you'd be scumread for it. And now that I'm talking about how bad your vote on her was, you act surprised. By your own logic, why shouldn't I scumread you?
You could misinterpret it that way, yes.
As to your "bigger picture" comment, you mentioned a keyword: "D2". I'm not going to look for the whole scum team on D1, I have learned my lesson about not being a scumhunting god. No one is. I want to see a flip for now, and even if I get killed tonight I'll be fine with it, I've shared each and every thought I've had, I've tried my best with what I've seen.
Uh huh. Yeah.. not debating meta with you. Let's just say if I was reading you based on meta I would be certain you're scum right now. ;)
I'm looking forward to seeing answers to your , at least if you're somehow Town I might be able to tell through those interactions, our own isn't really helping. >_>
Uh huh... so ... why can't you read me from our interactions again?
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 3:42 am

Post by Moonlight »

In post 108, Tr1ckster wrote:
In post 104, Moonlight wrote:Time for me to share my early reads. In the order they have posted:

NM puzzles me. He cast a random vote on mastin and ignored his wagon for a while, until he didn't. His vote on me is a lot like Boro's on Tricks, scumreading someone for trying too hard to get things going.

Zeph hasn't caught up, so no read.

Tricks gives me the same feeling he gave me in our first game. I have seen him play scum, but never early, only after replacing in. So far this seems very much like his Town play.

Boro seems to consider reachy cases a scumtell and that's something I don't agree with, but that tells me nothing about his alignment.

tman's posts rub me the wrong way. His vote on NM seemed to be random, so he didn't really make anything of the pregame posts. After noticing the wagon, he showed apathy, which I can't say I appreciate.

midget is... strange. I've only played one game with him and it was our first, so his playstyle might have developed, but he seems much bolder and confident than I remember. Not sure what that means, but it's noteworthy.

Jasmine doesn't like wagons and I want to know why before I decide what to make of her.

Pasch's posts appeal to me, and even though I disagree with his viewpoint on reachy cases I can understand it. His defense of NM makes me townread him, because I don't see any scum motivation for him to disapprove of the wagon... unless those two are scum together. =P

Baezu seems to rely on meta and to dislike buddying, which I don't know what to make of.

4 Heads is going to be a headache (ba dum tsh!). I hate when the heads disagree like that.

To sum up: townread on Tricks and Pasch, scumread on tman, null on everyone else but I'm paying NM, midget and Jasmine extra attention.
I'd agree with most of this.

I'd like to add that my eye is on Boro and Fin, the former for... a rather.. interesting argument against me, and the latter for a naked vote. Both are null at the moment, however.

However, I would like to say I think midget hasn't really changed much at all, but you're better at noticing this sort of thing than I.

I'm not willing to give Pasch a town read yet, but that might simply be because he's too straightforward for me to read, I think. :P I'll trust you on this one until I believe otherwise.

4 Heads is going to be a headache just reading their posts.. >.< Although I like seeing their thought processes. Makes me more comfortable with them and I'll give them a town read for now.
In post 4, Tr1ckster wrote:Hey Moonlight! Guess who else is with us! Our old buddy randomidget!
In post 42, Tr1ckster wrote:
In post 40, Randomnamechange wrote:I'm worried that Moonlight is scum because he played such a strong game first time round.
We just played a game with him as scum. You'll know if and when he's scum.

That said... why are you bringing up doubt of Moonlight alone? There are four people on the N_M wagon... two of them you've played with before, why Moonlight?
Because I see things that don't fit. I have already explained how your manipulation makes sense as Town only if you thought you could take a lazy road without consequences. Plus. you're way too wary of how you're being read.

If you're seeing similarities between my play in the previous game and this one, you should be after me. Why aren't you?
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 3:44 am

Post by Moonlight »

God fucking damn it with the quotes! D: I keep forgetting what posts I've been meaning to reply to.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 3:48 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

@Trickster Why is Moonlight the only person's case you'll respond to and the only person you will explain your reads to? Why is he not scum or VI like everyone else on your wagon? At the very least this is extremely anti-town play
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 3:54 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 606, Moonlight wrote:Because I see things that don't fit. I have already explained how your manipulation makes sense as Town only if you thought you could take a lazy road without consequences. Plus. you're way too wary of how you're being read.
Am I really? Hm. I don't mean to give off that vibe.
If you're seeing similarities between my play in the previous game and this one, you should be after me. Why aren't you?
I don't believe in meta reading you after the very few games we've played.
In post 608, Not_Mafia wrote:@Trickster Why is Moonlight the only person's case you'll respond to and the only person you will explain your reads to?
He's the only one trying to make a legitimate case on me. All I see is vibes coming from everyone else. If you can present me with a case anyone else has made, I will gladly respond to it.
Why is he not scum or VI like everyone else on your wagon?
You think everyone else on my wagon is VI or scum? Explain.
At the very least this is extremely anti-town play
Responding to the case made against me is anti-town? Now I'm really confused.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 3:55 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

Also.. I'm sorry I've been absent ... I was horribly ill the past two days. I'm feeling a bit better now, however.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 4:02 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

No,
you
have been mudslinging at everyone scumreading you calling them either scum or VI and when asked to explain your cases and/or to respond to people's cases against you have been obstinately ignoring it all game, which is extremely anti-town.

I have to leave the flat now so I don't have time to go quote farming but we both know that there has been plenty of stuff raised by other people that you have flagrantly ignored, mainly from me and Borophil.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 4:05 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 611, Not_Mafia wrote:No,
you
have been mudslinging at everyone scumreading you calling them either scum or VI and when asked to explain your cases and/or to respond to people's cases against you have been obstinately ignoring it all game, which is extremely anti-town.

I have to leave the flat now so I don't have time to go quote farming but we both know that there has been plenty of stuff raised by other people that you have flagrantly ignored, mainly from me and Borophil.
No, we don't both know that, and it's fallacious of you to make that claim. I saw Boro's case, and most of it has already been addressed.

Gimme examples of your claims, please. I don't like baseless attacks.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 4:23 am

Post by Moonlight »

In post 609, Tr1ckster wrote:I don't believe in meta reading you after the very few games we've played.
You've lost me here; you implied you see similarities between my play in this game and the one game I've been scum in. If you don't believe I'm scum, then you must believe I've watered down my Town game, which I'd never do.

You excused your inactivity by saying you've been sick (and I hope you stay healthy), but I really wonder if the timing is a coincidence. As soon as I toyed with a Tricks/midget pair, I hear barking and there are no bites. Hmm.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 4:27 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 613, Moonlight wrote:
In post 609, Tr1ckster wrote:I don't believe in meta reading you after the very few games we've played.
You've lost me here; you implied you see similarities between my play in this game and the one game I've been scum in. If you don't believe I'm scum, then you must believe I've watered down my Town game, which I'd never do.
What?

For one thing, I refuse to meta read you off of two games.

For another thing.. You would never water down your town game? Explain this, then:
In post 559, Moonlight wrote:I'm not going to look for the whole scum team on D1, I have learned my lesson about not being a scumhunting god. No one is. I want to see a flip for now, and even if I get killed tonight I'll be fine with it, I've shared each and every thought I've had, I've tried my best with what I've seen.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 4:28 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

A couple of things. 1) I wagon-hop. That's just how I play.
Anyone else finding it odd that Finglove's only two scumreads are the scumreads of the majority of players? Might be just me.
BoroPhil
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 4:34 am

Post by BoroPhil »

Tricky it is quite incredible that you accuse not of baseless claims and ask for examples when you are happy to fire off baseless claims at me and call it a waste of time when asked to provide examples. you have pointedly refused to interact with me for the past few pages.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 4:39 am

Post by Moonlight »

In post 614, Tr1ckster wrote:For another thing.. You would never water down your town game? Explain this, then
That's not watering down my game, it's the opposite. I'm waiting for a flip to tell me I'm on the right track before I take a serious look at associative tells.

In every game I've tried to use associative tells pre-emptively, they've been inaccurate. And every time I've needed someone to put me back on the right track, and they did, and things worked out from there.

I'm liking your "ignore his meta because the games are too few" approach. This way you might actually come up with something that looks legit about how I'm scum in this one. Entertain me, I'm waiting.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 4:45 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 617, Moonlight wrote:
In post 614, Tr1ckster wrote:For another thing.. You would never water down your town game? Explain this, then
That's not watering down my game, it's the opposite. I'm waiting for a flip to tell me I'm on the right track before I take a serious look at associative tells.

In every game I've tried to use associative tells pre-emptively, they've been inaccurate. And every time I've needed someone to put me back on the right track, and they did, and things worked out from there.

I'm liking your "ignore his meta because the games are too few" approach. This way you might actually come up with something that looks legit about how I'm scum in this one. Entertain me, I'm waiting.
The only scum read I have on you is associative. I actually think you're probably town. Did I ever say I had a scum read on you this game? I don't believe so. If I read you as scum, I would have my vote on you. Instead, my vote is on Boro, who is scum. He's bringing up already addressed issues in an attempt to distract me and seem town.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 4:54 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm phoneposting so I can't quote but quote Boro's case for me and show me point by point where you've addressed it. And none of these weaksauce "this is nonsense" or "I get bad vibes" non-answers, actual specific game-related responses deconstructing it.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 4:56 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 619, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm phoneposting so I can't quote but quote Boro's case for me and show me point by point where you've addressed it. And none of these weaksauce "this is nonsense" or "I get bad vibes" non-answers, actual specific game-related responses deconstructing it.
And N_M is doing the same thing Boro is.

Speaking of which.. do you even have a case on me? I thought you just said you agreed with Boro.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 5:05 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

ISO me now and then tell me I don't have a case on you. Show me where you have addressed what I've been saying about you forcing a townbloc, your buddying, your mudslinging. Show me where you've addressed Boro's case, the majority of the playerlist is scumreading you so you are in no position to be doing this ridiculous and patently untrue "I already addressed it" stalling
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 5:07 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

Um. Does anyone else see the irony of this situation?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 5:09 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

No, N_M, I will not do for you the thing you refuse to do for me. :lol:
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 5:10 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Why are you contuing this unrepentant refusal to simply show where you've addressed points against you? What possible pro-town motivation do you have in this?

Return to “Completed Open Games”