Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 2:37 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 1248, Moratorium wrote:I just don't know how to proceed right now.
Scumhunt inside the VT claims? Seems like the obvious answer. If you're town there's a lot of interactions you can read inside of between BBT-Mala and BBT-Xay, surely you could put forward a case on one of the combinations of those and try and convince me to lynch the VT claim that you think is scum?

Or you could wait until I re-read everything tomorrow and comment on my analysis but that seems the lazy way.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 2:44 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 1234, Malakittens wrote:I'm not ruling anything out, but why didn't BBT CC right in the beginning?
well, i've been put in a similar situation, and I only cced late in the day

I had confscum, all I had to do was search for a buddy. of course, it isn't the same situation as this game where there is confirmed doctor, in that game the cop died the day before so the scum claimed doc in lylo. I just held back the claim and called it a fake claim, and tried to draw some associative tells and what not

although it isn't the same situation, but my two cents
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 2:47 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 1235, Malakittens wrote:IM NOT SCUM THOUGH. Holy living fuck stop because if I'm lynched today town loses.
there are things that people should say in lylo

this isn't really one of them
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 2:49 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 1237, Malakittens wrote:Good god if we do end up lynching the Rb'r please cop me so I can confirm myself inno, Ty.
"holy shit my partner is screwing up i'll just go all out with this shit"

Mala why does this feel so forced?
GMT+8
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 2:50 am

Post by Moratorium »

I'll play to my win condition, but I need to think about how better to explain this. There's a combination of events that just occurred in quick succession, and in my head I'm trying to sort out three-way, but I really didn't expect Reg to basically say "oh that? that could have been <newbie condition 614>"... "oh, this? that could have been <newbie condition 1218>".... and explain everything away and give it all no merit.

1) The CC was late, and only offered once it was plain that only a CC could save the scumteam. There's even some hesitation here which to me read as BBT asking for advice from his partner on whether to claim/whom should claim.

2) BBT scum-confirmed himself by accident. "You can put a line through Mala and myself as well." The important part here is where he presumes that Malakittens/Xayzeck isn't a possibility.

3) BBT lies about his role PM, stating that the PM says he can self-protect, which it doesn't. Which he didn't know, because he didn't realize (or had forgotten) the PM's were quoted in the OP.

4) BBT states that he self-protected, which isn't possible. How many newbie doctors *wouldn't* go look at the wiki or ask the mod to know if self-protection is allowed here?

5) Bulk without content.

---

I mean, that's a lot to ignore. Isn't it a lot to ignore? If I was the claimed confirmed cop in this game, and I was presented with just point #3, I and I'm sure 99% of this site would be done with this lynch.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 2:51 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 1238, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'd rather lynch Mora as it's a conf. scum for me, but Regfan has suggested he is more willing to lynch outside of the doctor claims so that leaves me with you.
But if he's confscum, why are you not pushing for him as well? Just because our conftown is looking to lynch between Mala and myself doesn't mean you stop generating content with your confscum.
GMT+8
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 2:51 am

Post by Moratorium »

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 3:01 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1254, Moratorium wrote:I'll play to my win condition, but I need to think about how better to explain this. There's a combination of events that just occurred in quick succession, and in my head I'm trying to sort out three-way, but I really didn't expect Reg to basically say "oh that? that could have been <newbie condition 614>"... "oh, this? that could have been <newbie condition 1218>".... and explain everything away and give it all no merit.

1) The CC was late, and only offered once it was plain that only a CC could save the scumteam. There's even some hesitation here which to me read as BBT asking for advice from his partner on whether to claim/whom should claim.

2) BBT scum-confirmed himself by accident. "You can put a line through Mala and myself as well." The important part here is where he presumes that Malakittens/Xayzeck isn't a possibility.

3) BBT lies about his role PM, stating that the PM says he can self-protect, which it doesn't. Which he didn't know, because he didn't realize (or had forgotten) the PM's were quoted in the OP.

4) BBT states that he self-protected, which isn't possible. How many newbie doctors *wouldn't* go look at the wiki or ask the mod to know if self-protection is allowed here?

5) Bulk without content.

---

I mean, that's a lot to ignore. Isn't it a lot to ignore? If I was the claimed confirmed cop in this game, and I was presented with just point #3, I and I'm sure 99% of this site would be done with this lynch.
I was always counter-claiming after stating I did not believe your claim. That much was obvious, I already explained why I left it a little later.

I really don't understand how that confirms me as scum. You had just put a line through Mala/Xayzeck, which was one of your options. I said you can put a line through myself and Mala as well (because it's a repeat of an action) as that team is not possible. Your options were irrelevant because it all hinged on you being the doc, which you're obviously not.

Why the hell would self-protection not be allowed? I assumed that there wouldn't be a problem with it.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 3:02 am

Post by Regfan »

Mora, you can say I'm "Ignoring it and passing it all of as nothing" all you want. It's not the case, I'm explaining the bits I get and stating the bits where I feel your logic is faulty and also stating the bits that I have an issue with. I also "haven't done the lynch already yet" because I like I've said several times already today am planning on re-reading the whole thread tomorrow and contemplating lynching inside the VT claims first for a chance at autowin since that's where I believe the roleblocker to be (And heck your unvote on BBT shows that you're considering that too) so if you're town help in that.

1) It was pretty obvious that he was always CC'ing you, the fact that he was FoSing you and calling your motives to be manipulative suggested that right away so it wasn't a "claim only when it can save the scum team" situation at all. 2) I've explained this, you've ignored it. She was always cc'ing you therefore Mala/Xay was never possible to him in the first place so that entire area is objectively not a scum slip. 3) This, this is the only one you have a point on. 4) Eh, like I said I've seen it happen several times off-site and a few on-site so the act of "trying to self-save" is not a scum-tell alone.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 3:04 am

In post 1255, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 1238, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'd rather lynch Mora as it's a conf. scum for me, but Regfan has suggested he is more willing to lynch outside of the doctor claims so that leaves me with you.
But if he's confscum, why are you not pushing for him as well? Just because our conftown is looking to lynch between Mala and myself doesn't mean you stop generating content with your confscum.
Because we need 3 votes for a lynch. If Regfan is not willing to lynch my conf. scum, then I have to go to my second choice.

I would very much rather lynch Mora, but that doesn't seem possible in our current situation.

PEdit - Regfan, I'm a he.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 3:04 am

Post by Xayzeck »

@BBT, But the role pms in the main post don't say anything about self protection? So why did you say it was in the role pm?
GMT+8
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 3:05 am

I didn't check the main post (which I would have if I were lying to make sure I got it right). I made a mistake.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 3:06 am

Post by Xayzeck »

Then what did you check? The pms in the main post are the same as the pms you would receive.
GMT+8
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 3:09 am

I didn't check anything. I just stated what I thought I remembered/had read, I obviously worded my post pretty badly though.

A lot of what I have said lately is being mis-represented/mis-interpreted and there isn't a whole lot I can do about it.

I made a mistake.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 3:11 am

Post by Moratorium »

In post 1258, Regfan wrote:Mora, you can say I'm "Ignoring it and passing it all of as nothing" all you want. It's not the case, I'm explaining the bits I get and stating the bits where I feel your logic is faulty and also stating the bits that I have an issue with. I also "haven't done the lynch already yet" because I like I've said several times already today am planning on re-reading the whole thread tomorrow and contemplating lynching inside the VT claims first for a chance at autowin since that's where I believe the roleblocker to be (And heck your unvote on BBT shows that you're considering that too) so if you're town help in that.

1) It was pretty obvious that he was always CC'ing you, the fact that he was FoSing you and calling your motives to be manipulative suggested that right away so it wasn't a "claim only when it can save the scum team" situation at all. 2) I've explained this, you've ignored it. She was always cc'ing you therefore Mala/Xay was never possible to him in the first place so that entire area is objectively not a scum slip. 3) This, this is the only one you have a point on. 4) Eh, like I said I've seen it happen several times off-site and a few on-site so the act of "trying to self-save" is not a scum-tell alone.
But that's what i'm saying.. there comes a point where if you just "explain" several points away, with explanations that aren't 100%, the statistical error becomes so overwhelming that you can't possibly just state that it's all just explainable.

And I still don't think lynching in the VT claims is the way to go. It's lylo. But I guess that's FMPOV, you apparently think the gap between Xala/Mala is less than the one between me and BBT. Which is absurd to me.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 3:12 am

Post by Xayzeck »

And only now you're clarifying this?
GMT+8
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 3:12 am

Just think about it for a second.

If I was lying, why would I not check to make sure what I was posting was the truth? I'm much more likely to make that mistake through telling the truth in an off the cuff manner.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 3:13 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 1264, Moratorium wrote:And I still don't think lynching in the VT claims is the way to go. It's lylo.
I don't think this has anything to do with anything? Rather, lynching in the VTs makes more sense.
GMT+8
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 3:13 am

Post by Moratorium »

In post 1263, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I didn't check anything. I just stated what I thought I remembered/had read, I obviously worded my post pretty badly though.

A lot of what I have said lately is being mis-represented/mis-interpreted and there isn't a whole lot I can do about it.

I made a mistake.
Hey, look at that, the cleverness.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 3:14 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 1266, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Just think about it for a second.

If I was lying, why would I not check to make sure what I was posting was the truth? I'm much more likely to make that mistake through telling the truth in an off the cuff manner.
panic and pressure are pretty good reasons. kinda like flailing, where you would grab on to anything just to make yourself look more believable

although this is not a scum specific trait, so I do see where you're coming from
GMT+8
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 3:18 am

Post by Moratorium »

In post 1267, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 1264, Moratorium wrote:And I still don't think lynching in the VT claims is the way to go. It's lylo.
I don't think this has anything to do with anything? Rather, lynching in the VTs makes more sense.
It's an argument between lynching the most likely target, and trying for an RB, which isn't actually necessary to win this game, and loses it if we're wrong. And, of course, the RB could simply be hiding in plain sight with 200+ posts, just like I did as the doctor with 200+ posts, rendering an RB hunt futile.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 3:18 am

Post by Moratorium »

shit 300
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 3:21 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 1264, Moratorium wrote:But that's what i'm saying.. there comes a point where if you just "explain" several points away, with explanations that aren't 100%, the statistical error becomes so overwhelming that you can't possibly just state that it's all just explainable.
There are some explanations that are pretty blatantly true though like 1) BBT was always CC'ing you as doc the second he FoS'ed you after you'd claimed doc, either he's town and cc's or he's scum and can't FoS a clear and therefore locks himself into claiming doctor which makes 2) The entire "Xay/Mala" scum-team ruling out ect. ect. completely irrelevant and not a scum tell since the list you made was never relevant to him so you pushing those as scum-tells won't go anywhere.
In post 1264, Moratorium wrote:And I still don't think lynching in the VT claims is the way to go. It's lylo. But I guess that's FMPOV, you apparently think the gap between Xala/Mala is less than the one between me and BBT. Which is absurd to me.
It's more a case of I think the scum roleblocker would be less inclined to take the risk of claiming doctor and therefore I think the roleblocker is left within the VTs, that means lynching inside the VTs is what'll give us a better chance of getting autowin. So either make an argument to me that BBT cc'ed you as doctor as the roleblocker or work on figuring out which of the VT claims is his partner if you're town, just complaining "Oh how can you not see how scum he is, anyone else would have got this by now!" is not going to do anything for me at all, especially since you, yes you hammered yesterday before anyone got a chance to assess any of F-16s content and if I was given that opportunity I'd have likely pulled the lynch of him and we'd be in a very different and likely much better situation right now.

Anyway I'm going to bed. I can already tell this'll be a fun/frustrating read through tomorrow.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 3:33 am

Post by Moratorium »

In post 1272, Regfan wrote:So either make an argument to me that BBT cc'ed you as doctor as the roleblocker or work on figuring out which of the VT claims is his partner if you're town, just complaining "Oh how can you not see how scum he is, anyone else would have got this by now!" is not going to do anything for me at all, especially since you, yes you hammered yesterday before anyone got a chance to assess any of F-16s content and if I was given that opportunity I'd have likely pulled the lynch of him and we'd be in a very different and likely much better situation right now.
That's fair.

I think the odds are that the Roleblocker is in the VT's. I think those odds aren't 100%, because if BBT/Xayzeck, and Xayzeck having claimed VT on Day 2, BBT may not have wanted to put his partner in that spot (again, hence the partner daychat post, which I read as "oops, we didn't discuss this in QT"). If BBT/Mala, Mala looks and feels like the RB. BBT has mentioned a billion times this game that he's been after Mala the whole game, so that if he flips goon, we don't suspect Mala.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 5:51 am

Post by Malakittens »

Somehow I managed to get into a bad mood before going on break. Tried reading the last few pages and I think BBT needs to stop tunneling because its getting old and if he's actually town and Keeos this up its gonna cost the game.

Also Xayz I say that regardless of alignment, but I'm sick of bbts tunneling especially in LyLo. He's not even opening to the possibility I'm town and its a bad perspective in LyLo. He needs to knock it off asap
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”