Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 5:59 am

Post by Moonlight »

Of course you'd keep me alive. Of course.

Tricks' flip had me re-examine my townread on The_Ascended, not because of mastin, like Tricks suggested, but because Pasch didn't show how his townread on Tricks switched. So much for that.

If Zeph is scum, would he shoot me in the first night after my promise to get back at him for his atrocious play, or would he keep me alive and hope I waffle?

The only townread that's solid for me is Boro now. Baezu has my attention, mostly because I have a bad feeling that if she was scum, she would shoot The_Ascended even with (or even based on) their townread on her. That's pure gut though and something I can't act upon, so...

VOTE: Zeph
Mr Glidder
Mr Glidder
Goon
Mr Glidder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 6:40 am

Post by Mr Glidder »

hey guiz i'm that tman2nd replacemtn

So uh not gonna lie, the whole site outage thing and subsequent login issues threw me compeltely off whatever train of thought I had going when I first read D1. I have my reads saved but I gotta go back and figure out why exactly they are what they are.

Town: Moonlight, (The_Ascended), 4HeadsofLoonies, Feneglin, Baezu
Null: idk, NS
Scum: (Not_Mafia), Borophil, Zephrus, randomidget

So yeah gonna see if I can stomach a skimmy reread. Until then:

Vote: randomidget

...because even though I don't totally remember exactly why he's scummy, he's still my strongest scumread. I hope to back this vote up with evidence in teh next day or so.
Good as gold. (i.e. totally useless until hammered into shape)
I'm an alt. Of who is the secret.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 6:48 am

Post by Moonlight »

You townread me, you scumread Zeph, I'm voting Zeph, but you don't form a proper wagon.

I guess working with someone else is an alien concept to some people. midget's in my null pile still, so I don't feel like changing my vote.
Finglove
Finglove
Goon
Finglove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 7:32 am

Post by Finglove »

Well, they killed one of my town reads and a null read, so I guess it could be worse, but not much. I don't have much time today, but tomorrow I'll update my reads based on interactions from tricks, NM and Ascended. I suspect Zeph won't come out well from this analysis, but as between randommidget, idk, yuriko's slot I don't know.
idk
idk
Townie
idk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 8:02 am

Post by idk »

Voila, the game is back.

Welcome Mr Glidder and Nobody Special. Hopefully those slots will finally be active.

@Mr Glidder: Why would you vote someone if you don't remember why you think they're scummy? At the very least, you could ISO them, try and jog your memory. There was literally no pressure on you to vote.

And, as Moonlight said, you scumread Zephyrus, who already has a vote and quite a good case, but you still vote midget instead...?

Anyway, I'm a bit busy right now, what with school ending and stuff, so I'm just gonna make this a quick post.

VOTE: Zephyrus

I'll try and check up on the thread later, and will definitely have a better post tomorrow/this weekend.
Mr Glidder
Mr Glidder
Goon
Mr Glidder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 9:55 am

Post by Mr Glidder »

Okay I'm a bit more into it now. First, elaborating scumreads:

randomidget:
  • and are coattails fluff.
  • : Poor vote. Supposedly not reading isn't alignment-indicative.
  • is a bunch of fence and middle-of-the-road opinions.
  • reminded me that existed and was kinda lame.
  • came back from inactivity and...contrubites just about nothing.
  • : "I think he's scum". Still no reasoning other than , which is just "I think he's scum" again.
Zephyrus:
  • Moonlight's was the first post that gave me something to go on either way, and the later pushed Zephyrus into my top 3.
  • : "Still here, just observing for now." Not_Mafia agrees this is a horrendous post.
BoroPhil: This is mostly a scumread by proxy, honestly. Moonlight's first called my attention to him and Finglove's resonates with me. There's something else that I feel bad about but can't find it. Weakest scumread.

As you can see, I have randomidget as a much stronger scumread than Zephyrus, hence why I voted him instead of forming a wagon on a lesser read.
Good as gold. (i.e. totally useless until hammered into shape)
I'm an alt. Of who is the secret.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 10:05 am

Post by Moonlight »

That shows why midget's play is poor, to which I can agree with. I still don't see scum motivation like I see with Zeph, who has the nerve to call people scum without ever voting.

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes for him to do that as newbscum in order to distance from his buddy.
Finglove
Finglove
Goon
Finglove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 9:35 pm

Post by Finglove »

Well, all three of the dead town were scumreading Zeph, along with everyone that has posted since (myself included). I can't see anything in his defence, except possibly very poor town play.

Other name that springs out is BoroPhil. Tricks and Ascended got worried about him at various points, and I was scumreading him a while back as Glidder pointed out. Let me just iso him...
Finglove
Finglove
Goon
Finglove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2014 9:43 pm

Post by Finglove »

In post 472, BoroPhil wrote:

If you do manage to lynch me, go after boro next, alright?
This is the sort of thing I would say if I was scum.

Would you describe this as ATF Tricky? I think I would.
(That's an in-line quote from Tricky)
In post 406, BoroPhil wrote:
In post 402, Randomnamechange wrote:Can I just say that, regardless of any ethics involving a Hydra, I think 4 heads is scum.
The_Ascended, is that mastin or pasch in the last post?
I agree.
This slipped through my net last time, but I don't think Boro ever talked about any reasons for a 4heads scumread, so this does come across as slightly-scummy buddying. Could be worth bearing in mind a Boro-midget team. I'm happy to follow a dead mans suggestion for now, we have plenty of time to lynch Zeph later if this doesn't go anywhere.

VOTE: BoroPhil
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 12:37 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 780, Mr Glidder wrote:Okay I'm a bit more into it now. First, elaborating scumreads:

randomidget:
  • and are coattails fluff.
    These were in the first 50 posts. I wasn't exactly going to be building any cases at this point

• : Poor vote. Supposedly not reading isn't alignment-indicative.
  • is a bunch of fence and middle-of-the-road opinions.
    So I'mm scummy for having fairly standard opinions? That is very similar to one of the main reasons for voting Tricks and look where that got us

• reminded me that existed and was kinda lame.
  • came back from inactivity and...contrubites just about nothing.
  • : "I think he's scum". Still no reasoning other than , which is just "I think he's scum" again.
I think a lot of my read on 4 heads was gut, which I should probably have explained. I'll admit my interactions with him have been weird
Welcome Glidderman and Nobody Special. I'm going to analyse the Night Kills later. I need to re-read to see who I want to lynch, but Tr1cks townflip works with a Zeph scumread still, and my ISO of him shows that I really wasn't paying attention in regards to how scummy he was playing. VOTE: Zephyrus Might as well get him to talk.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 4:39 am

Post by Baezu »

Hmmm. Why would they keep you alive moon? You're essentially conftown and that's a great nk for scum. The fact that you're still alive combined with the fact that you pointed it out in that first line throws up a red flag for me all over the place. Why do you think they kept you alive? Also, what's with the rapid vote out of the gate? Man that whole post reeks to me. It seems like it's coming from over cocky scum that thinks he can't get caught... :/

VOTE: moonlight
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 5:21 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I tend to agree with Baezu. (Hey, first time for everything ;) )

VOTE: Moonlight
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 5:27 am

Post by Moonlight »

Wow. Baezu is Zeph's buddy? I see, his whole thing against you without voting was distancing. You can't really be thinking I am scum in this one after having witnessed my scum play in your game.

If I get lynched, go for Zeph and Baezu, please.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 5:31 am

Post by Moonlight »

And NS replaced Jasmine, right? Fantastic, lynch him too after you're done with Zeph and Baezu.

If I'm going down, I'm taking 3 scum with me. I'm happy. :3
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 5:35 am

Post by Moonlight »

Also,
In post 785, Baezu wrote:Hmmm. Why would they keep you alive moon? You're essentially conftown
Excuse me? How the flying fuck am I confTown? Based on what? Reads? Don't make me laugh.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 5:41 am

Post by Moonlight »

But wait, there's more!
In post 404, Baezu wrote:Zeph's posting do sort of look like moonlights in the game I modded where he gave up. It sucks to be caught as scum and easy to just buckle over. I know those signs. I've felt the same way before. It's as if the game is no longer fun and you're just waiting to die. Sorry, Zeph. You're a good player - you just got caught.
What's up, Baezu? What's with the change of heart now that a Zeph lynch is on the table more seriously than ever before? You feel threatened, that's what. :)
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 5:49 am

Post by Moonlight »

I still can't believe that scum would come knocking on my door so obviously. It's so good that I'm starting to wonder if it's too good to be true. Good god is Baezu's post bad, and she said that
mine
reeks. xD

I'm going to lose faith in humanity if I get lynched today with this bullshit happening right before me.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 5:55 am

Post by Moonlight »

Was this really the master plan? Kill the 2 slots I can work with, leave Boro who I do
not
work well with as my only solid read, then mislynch me?

You magnificent bastards. Kudos, nicely done and all. Just watch what's going to happen to you if I flip and everyone knows my posts are genuine.

This is a Town victory in the making, even if I die for it.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 6:00 am

Post by Moonlight »

But what I'm really looking forward to seeing before any of that is how Zeph will make an excuse for no longer scumreading Baezu and come after me instead. ;)
Finglove
Finglove
Goon
Finglove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 6:04 am

Post by Finglove »

Mod: Votecount please

What's interesting about this set up is that, normally, I would discount Baezu and NS both being scum due to my perception of current site meta which is to avoid such blatent buddy-sheeping. However, with two scum teams, it's quite possible they could be scum from different sides. Hmm.

I don't think Moon is conftown but I am still townreading him. In fact, after tricksters flip, he really isn't conftown at all. Therefore, these votes seem scummy to me. Also, quite a limp-in from nobody special.

I want to wait to hear what boro has to say before moving my vote, but there's a lot of scumminess out there today.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 6:17 am

Post by Moonlight »

Thank you for making sense, Finglove, it seems to be a scarcity sometimes. I agree, Baezu and NS are probably not scum together, but I do believe they're simply on different teams. One of them (probably Baezu) is simply scum with Zeph and they don't like my push in the slightest. :p

I was never confTown, before or after a flip. I don't even want to try to understand how one could call me that.

Keep in mind that Baezu's vote came just after and I hope you'll see where I'm coming from.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 7:40 am

randomidget
Finglove
Moonlight
BoroPhil
Mr Glidder
4 Heads of Insanity
Baezu
Zephyrus
Nobody Special
idk

Least scummy at the top, most at the bottom. I really don't like the way idk is flying under the radar.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 7:42 am

VOTE: idk
Sorry, forgot to put my vote here.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 8:35 am

Post by Moonlight »

midget, I've never seen your scumplay, so I can't be confident in reading you, but this is probably not it. You're after someone no one else is after. You're not building a case, you simply state that idk is flying under the radar, while there are other, probably more serious matters at hand. Your vote is unlikely to result in a wagon.

I don't mean to discourage you from getting a better read on idk, but I'd be lying if I said I like your way of doing that. There are only 10 of us left, 4 of which are scum. I'm not looking at this as a 6:2:2, I'm looking at it as a 6:4 because that's what it is. If we mislynch today, we're so fucked if there are Town casualties in the second night.

We need to come together as a Town. Right now, Baezu and NS are against me being against Zeph. You'll need to choose a side and I can only hope you'll pick the right one.

Can we please win this?
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 8:42 am

Post by Moonlight »

And yes, I am openly appealing to emotion. Deal with it.

Return to “Completed Open Games”