Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by Rogue »

In post 1513, RubikAshtray wrote:I was fucking raging irl, doesn't mean I'll rage on thread.

I didn't expect the game would be like this, I'm a bit confused about everything. I'm not happy with my play, as I know I'm not doing anything useful.

I'll put a readlist up soon if it's any good

@mollie bork and jiffy

What do you guys think of the first line? I figured newbtown called out on a "scumslip" would be more panicky but he sounded calm in the QT and now he said he was raging irl? I don't know if I buy it

pedit-

fair enough
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 1596, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1592, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 1580, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1570, Titus wrote:Nero, we were focusing on one neighborhood. Neighborhoods are majority town. Half the game didn't even care. He reinvigorated interest in the game.

nope, other then nerfing town objectives and
giving scum a wider mislynch pool
, [...]

Why do you keep saying that? We don't know how scum is divided among the hoods, but if we assume it is balanced (we have no way to know if it isn't), then the chances to mislynch increased with the chances to lynch scum, thus staying the same. So it's not like by expanding the lynch pool he was increasing our chance to mislynch.

'cause its very likely to be true? Unless scum are bunched up in my hood and some other hood then Toog nerfing the objective of two hoods and opening up the lynch pool seems like it would only help scum.

Well, we don't know that and I think it's a little to early to be assuming certain hoods have more scum in them than others...

Rogue wrote:
In post 1593, Speaker for the Dead wrote:do you really think macandcheese are town?

I'm not really sure regarding them

I wouldn't kick and scream against a wagon on them, but I want to pursue Snowstorm.

I don't like how he automatically jumped to the defensive with just a few votes on him

...What?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Titus isn't helping town at all. She's either scum with bad logic or town with bad logic that's cluttering up this thread so I say utility lynch her.

But Toog/ULF/SOD are all really scummy too. and Rouge is p scummy me thinks but that could just be NS being wrong as shit.

So lets talk about Toog/speaker and ULF. What are your reads there?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Macaronis and Cheese
Macaronis and Cheese
Goon
Macaronis and Cheese
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by Macaronis and Cheese »

UNVOTE:

Gonna reevaluate things.

~Macaronis
"Prof Friday...is like the opposite of Aronis."
- Magua
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Post by Rogue »

In post 1595, SnowStorm wrote:What's the deal with the votes on me? Like where the hell did that came from?

pedit-

lol, trying to call me scum

I've got more town in my pinky toe than you have in your entire body
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Post by Speaker for the Dead »

In post 1599, Speaker for the Dead wrote:
In post 1597, Rogue wrote:
In post 1593, Speaker for the Dead wrote:do you really think macandcheese are town?

I'm not really sure regarding them

I wouldn't kick and scream against a wagon on them, but I want to pursue Snowstorm.

I don't like how he automatically jumped to the defensive with just a few votes on him

but jumping to the defensive is not auto scum look at how we react in games

I 4 1 am like "

fucking accidentally hit command and it submitted

"I 4 1 am like, 'WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE THESE REASONS ARE RETARDED'"

and so forth

so the defensiveness doesn't turn me off, no
"Sickness and healing are in every heart; death and deliverance in every hand.” orson scott card, speaker for the dead
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:22 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 1602, Nero Cain wrote:Titus isn't helping town at all. She's either scum with bad logic or town with bad logic that's cluttering up this thread so I say utility lynch her.

But Toog/ULF/SOD are all really scummy too. and Rouge is p scummy me thinks but that could just be NS being wrong as shit.

Titus is town. Loo is town. Rogue is TBD, so is ULF.

As for Speaker, I was starting to really like them up until they started their anti-Aronis campaign out of nowhere. I'm still not sure what to make of it.
Feu et Vol
Feu et Vol
Goon
Feu et Vol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by Feu et Vol »

In post 1598, SnowStorm wrote:"Titus is not pushing things well" - What does that mean? How is that a scum tell?
"is constantly just screaming I am Town listen to me" - Again, how is this a scum tell?
"their push on Venmar makes no sense what so ever" - Since when is making no sense a sign of scum?
What's all that about trolling?
And that last paragraph, what? You're arguing that Titus tunneling on you but not being convinced/not voting you is a scum tell? Why would she do that as scum? I mean, why would she tunnel on you as scum if she had no intention to mislynch you?

1. Titus seems to believe as town they are a godsend. If this were to be true then their logic would be easy to follow. It is not easy to follow here. They find the littlest things and just harp on the relentlessly. This is a scum tell because scum have to do everything they can to get a mislynch and they have to find the littlest things to push them with.

2. This is a scum tell because most of their posts are just that. Screaming that they are town and should be listened too. It doesn't come off as genuine town frustration but scum frustration that they can't get a single person to listen to the convuluted reasons to scum-read people. They also can't back down though because that would be a scum claim because apparently Town Titus tunnels people to death.

3.There should at least be some sort of followable logic in their push on Venmar but I don't see it. I classify their push their just like the push on Marquis based on nothing but tells that aren't real.

4. Titus thinks that town Marquis should troll in every game or else they are scum. They don't care the situation or the circumstances they just want Marquis to troll.

5. Why would town scream and shout about how scum I am but yet not vote me? It is Titus being able to later come back to once again push my mislynch. They know they won't get it today so they have to reserve it for later. The tunneling part goes back to the fact that Town Titus apparently tunnels people so Titus has to continue to tunnel me or else they would no longer look town to people, in their own eyes.

-Beast

P-edit:

How is titus town?

Quand il crache son souffle brûlant, la flamme au bout de sa queue s'embrase.
Une hydre de «beastcharizard» et «Marquis».

Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:27 pm

In post 1600, Rogue wrote:
In post 1513, RubikAshtray wrote:I was fucking raging irl, doesn't mean I'll rage on thread.

I didn't expect the game would be like this, I'm a bit confused about everything. I'm not happy with my play, as I know I'm not doing anything useful.

@mollie bork and jiffy

What do you guys think of the first line? I figured newbtown called out on a "scumslip" would be more panicky but he sounded calm in the QT and now he said he was raging irl? I don't know if I buy it

pedit-

fair enough

I am not in your qt so i don't have the same baseline as you.

the only thing that stands out is that majiffy suggested that he interact with other players and he didn't and now that I think about it this makes majiffy seem town.
"Sickness and healing are in every heart; death and deliverance in every hand.” orson scott card, speaker for the dead
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:28 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 1604, Rogue wrote:
In post 1595, SnowStorm wrote:What's the deal with the votes on me? Like where the hell did that came from?

pedit-

Are you under the influence of hallucinogenics? I'm just asking, why did those two players suddenly decide to waste their votes and time on me?
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:29 pm

reading 1602 reminds me why it's best to pretend that nero isn't in the game

hey nero

here's a ball

ready

ready

FETCH, NERO

GO

now hopefully that will distract him for a while so people who aren't awful at mafia can play the game
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1601, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 1596, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1592, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 1580, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1570, Titus wrote:Nero, we were focusing on one neighborhood. Neighborhoods are majority town. Half the game didn't even care. He reinvigorated interest in the game.

nope, other then nerfing town objectives and
giving scum a wider mislynch pool
, [...]

Why do you keep saying that? We don't know how scum is divided among the hoods, but if we assume it is balanced (we have no way to know if it isn't), then the chances to mislynch increased with the chances to lynch scum, thus staying the same. So it's not like by expanding the lynch pool he was increasing our chance to mislynch.

'cause its very likely to be true? Unless scum are bunched up in my hood and some other hood then Toog nerfing the objective of two hoods and opening up the lynch pool seems like it would only help scum.

Well, we don't know that and I think it's a little to early to be assuming certain hoods have more scum in them than others...

but if I say "well he's opening up a bigger lynch pool" and you say "well we don't know that there are more town in those other hoods." Isn't tat assuming that there is more scum in the two hoods that were being voted for? We know there are atleast 6 town in those other hoods so unless you want to argue that all 4 scum are in those two hoods then yea...it seems like there'd more town and thus opening us up to more possible mislynches.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:30 pm

In post 1606, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 1602, Nero Cain wrote:Titus isn't helping town at all. She's either scum with bad logic or town with bad logic that's cluttering up this thread so I say utility lynch her.

Titus is town. Loo is town. Rogue is TBD, so is ULF.

As for Speaker, I was starting to really like them up until they started their anti-Aronis campaign out of nowhere. I'm still not sure what to make of it.

:neutral:

it didn't really come out of nowhere I mean you have access to the qt and this thread so
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

oh hush Mollie.

some of the things you've been saying have been really head desk and you don't care enough to respond expect for calling me dumb and bad so what? I'm supposed to town read you? Like I know this whole ant-town/abrasive playstyle is popular among the newer players on this site but its really bad townplay and ya'll need to stop.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by Titus »

pedit-

This is not calling you scum.

If it is, knock it off. You're both town.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:40 pm

that wasn't mollie

i don't think mollie would be that abrasive, anyway

i think your reads are genuinely awful, so i'm just going to pretend you don't exist

the only one you're maybe right on is metalmastin hydra
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

which reminds me that I need to make an alt so I can get in on this whole terrible logic + being an ass to everyone that suspects you=town meta craze that's currently running around

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by Titus »

Feu, I have no problems voting you. I'm attempting to not "blindly deathtunnel" and actually work with my townreads. Again, your whole wall is a catch 22. I vote you, well I'm scum for only voting people who I'm tunnelling and not working with townreads. If I don't well, you argue what you're arguing. The rest is recappage of shit I've already shut down and I'm going to try not to bog down the thread by refuting lies for the umpteenth time.

Analyze the whole game.

You, Nero and Venmar can only say Titus.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1616, Nero Cain wrote:which reminds me that I need to make an alt so I can get in on this whole terrible logic + being an ass to everyone that suspects you=town meta craze that's currently running around

It's only being dumb that gets a townread. Being an ass is not required.

Being smart (voting people who further a scum wincon but are spun as dumb) gets scumreads.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:42 pm

although

In post 1613, Nero Cain wrote:some of the things you've been saying have been really head desk

YA TELL ME ABOUT IT

our skype conversation is fucking hilarious from my point of view
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:43 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1607, Feu et Vol wrote:
In post 1598, SnowStorm wrote:"Titus is not pushing things well" - What does that mean? How is that a scum tell?
"is constantly just screaming I am Town listen to me" - Again, how is this a scum tell?
"their push on Venmar makes no sense what so ever" - Since when is making no sense a sign of scum?
What's all that about trolling?
And that last paragraph, what? You're arguing that Titus tunneling on you but not being convinced/not voting you is a scum tell? Why would she do that as scum? I mean, why would she tunnel on you as scum if she had no intention to mislynch you?

1. Titus seems to believe as town they are a godsend. If this were to be true then their logic would be easy to follow. It is not easy to follow here. They find the littlest things and just harp on the relentlessly. This is a scum tell because scum have to do everything they can to get a mislynch and they have to find the littlest things to push them with.

2. This is a scum tell because most of their posts are just that. Screaming that they are town and should be listened too. It doesn't come off as genuine town frustration but scum frustration that they can't get a single person to listen to the convuluted reasons to scum-read people. They also can't back down though because that would be a scum claim because apparently Town Titus tunnels people to death.

3.There should at least be some sort of followable logic in their push on Venmar but I don't see it. I classify their push their just like the push on Marquis based on nothing but tells that aren't real.

4. Titus thinks that town Marquis should troll in every game or else they are scum. They don't care the situation or the circumstances they just want Marquis to troll.

5. Why would town scream and shout about how scum I am but yet not vote me? It is Titus being able to later come back to once again push my mislynch. They know they won't get it today so they have to reserve it for later. The tunneling part goes back to the fact that Town Titus apparently tunnels people so Titus has to continue to tunnel me or else they would no longer look town to people, in their own eyes.

-Beast

P-edit:

How is titus town?

Thank you for following up and I really like this post as far as reinforcing my townread on you, especially seeing where you're head is at with points #1 and #3 - Titus is making some points that I think are really pants on head. I think #4 is also contributing to a bunk read on you guys from her.

I just don't know if I think that's scummy or not overall or just really out of touch in certain spots. I think the confidence, playing mediator to her town reads, and trying to generally drive the game is what's swinging me the other way.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1609, SnowStorm wrote:

pedit-

Are you under the influence of hallucinogenics? I'm just asking, why did those two players suddenly decide to waste their votes and time on me?

Sometimes you have to vote a player to get a read. Their both town and working together. Sometimes you have to trust them to get to the right conclusion. Don't antagonize unnecessarily. I only use it when really overtly frustrated. A misunderstood wagon is insufficient.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1600, Rogue wrote:

@mollie bork and jiffy

pedit-

fair enough

What mollie said basically - I have no frame of reference for this.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 1607, Feu et Vol wrote:

-Beast

P-edit:

How is titus town?

Ok, so that's all mostly based on Titus meta and your perceptions of what scum do and don't do, which seem very generalized. For example, I don't agree that a town push has to make some logic. I don't think scum do everything they can to get a mislynch. And they don't save mislynches for later when they're more likely to get lynched first.

I think you're doing what you're describing in point 4. (Well, not exactly that, but the same principle). You're tunneling on her based on your Titus and scum meta and you're not putting any effort to contextualize it to the situation of this particular game and player. You're forcing it all into a scum read.

Titus is town because I just don't see that play coming from scum. Sure she says a lot of crap and doesn't know when to stop, but I get a genuine town feeling from her posts. I also think that she wouldn't be such a big distraction if she weren't and that the quality of her posts would be better if people would stop pushing crap on her too.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1615, Speaker for the Dead wrote:i think your reads are genuinely awful

ok, who should I be scum reading muffin?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”