Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

I dont have a lot of time tonight or tomm but I'm really at a loss as to how to proceed atm.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by Venmar »

We lynch Titus because everything else in this thread is boring asf
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by Speaker for the Dead »

In post 1899, Rogue wrote:Trying not to let dark ages happen again

muffina said to tell you we're town
"Sickness and healing are in every heart; death and deliverance in every hand.” orson scott card, speaker for the dead
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:38 pm

Post by Rogue »

I miss quicktopics.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:43 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1900, borkjerfkin wrote:I dont have a lot of time tonight or tomm but I'm really at a loss as to how to proceed atm.

We could lynch SnowStorm.

Just a thought.

In post 1903, Rogue wrote:I miss quicktopics.

Me too :(
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1901, Venmar wrote:We lynch Titus because everything else in this thread is boring asf

Can you just claim lyncher or scum? Thanks.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:05 pm

Post by Rogue »

In post 1905, Titus wrote:
In post 1901, Venmar wrote:We lynch Titus because everything else in this thread is boring asf

Can you just claim lyncher or scum? Thanks.

Neither. I'm kinda wondering if your win condition is to lynch Venmar

~Rogueh
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

VOTE: Snowstorm

Mostly for solidarity, but here's the one germane thing I want to discuss about him:

What I mentioned earlier is still something worth talking about:

bork wrote:Only thing that pings me is 1083-1116-1120 re:toogeloo looks at least like it could be a fabricated conclusion that he planned to arrive at considering nothing Toog did between those posts should've changed his mind.

Here is the progression for reference:

Spoiler:
In post 1116, SnowStorm wrote:Would scum Loo believe he could just do what he did and get away with it? It was a really bold move.

In post 1120, SnowStorm wrote:What could justify the risk he's taking? Maybe Eek or Titus being scum? It would still be a bold move and it would only switch attentions from one of his partners to him. So, I think he'd only do this if they really didn't want us to get one of the abilities... The more I think about this the harder I find it to believe that Loo's actions were scum motivated.

VOTE: Cloud Nine.

In post 1121, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 1117, Toogeloo wrote:The gamestate in and of itself has allowed people to coast and just discuss abilities. It's near impossible to develop reads on anyone, especially those that were in the two Neighborhoods that weren't going to get voted on. You guys essentially gave everyone in those hoods a free pass to agree, disagree, go absent, etc.

I've been sitting here sifting through isos and most all of them are just discussion about setup and how best to get abilities. Hell, most of the lynch discussions have been revolving around Policy Lynching instead of picking scum. Even Eek's wagon was largely considered a Policy Lynch.

Now that Sonic/Mastina are free to be voted, you should be happy Nero. You've been harping about them being scum all game day.

The only think that bothers me with you is that you had no problem with the gamestate when you first posted. You had no problem with focusing only in half of the players and working towards fulfilling the objectives. So this change of mind comes of as unnatural.

In post 1606, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 1602, Nero Cain wrote:Titus isn't helping town at all. She's either scum with bad logic or town with bad logic that's cluttering up this thread so I say utility lynch her.

But Toog/ULF/SOD are all really scummy too. and Rouge is p scummy me thinks but that could just be NS being wrong as shit.

So lets talk about Toog/speaker and ULF. What are your reads there?

Titus is town. Loo is town. Rogue is TBD, so is ULF.

As for Speaker, I was starting to really like them up until they started their anti-Aronis campaign out of nowhere. I'm still not sure what to make of it.

Not only has Toog pretty much done nothing in that span to warrant the hard townread (especially after 1121 which doesn't really jive with how sure he is that toog is town cause that should be a pretty legitimate concern), but I can't empathize with a hard townread of Toog AT ALL resulting from vote-all-the-neighborhoods-gate; once again, the possibility of setting the objectives back under the guise of 'scumhunting more' and 'putting a higher % of scum in the lynch pool' is still a pretty obvious potential scum motivation that people are just dismissing out of hand because ????

Especially because toog hasn't exactly come out and flexed a whole lot of scumhunting chops since he did that whole thing (he's made a few information relaying posts I guess). If toog came in and actually started scumhunting with a wide breadth as a result of his vote thing, that's when you can make the argument he's town for doing it.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by Titus »

It is, because he's scum. If Venmar's decided to just throw the game away and be an ass to wind up on my blacklist for no reason... then he can be town.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Post by Venmar »

Lol why would you blacklist me over being town
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:33 pm

Post by Titus »

Because you're not making an effort to play to a town wincon at all. You're just filling the thread with useless shit and everyone townreads you for being stupid. Age of Idiocracy are not games I play in.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 1907, borkjerfkin wrote:
Not only has Toog pretty much done nothing in that span to warrant the hard townread (especially after 1121 which doesn't really jive with how sure he is that toog is town cause that should be a pretty legitimate concern), but I can't empathize with a hard townread of Toog AT ALL resulting from vote-all-the-neighborhoods-gate; once again, the possibility of setting the objectives back under the guise of 'scumhunting more' and 'putting a higher % of scum in the lynch pool' is still a pretty obvious potential scum motivation that people are just dismissing out of hand because ????

Especially because toog hasn't exactly come out and flexed a whole lot of scumhunting chops since he did that whole thing (he's made a few information relaying posts I guess). If toog came in and actually started scumhunting with a wide breadth as a result of his vote thing, that's when you can make the argument he's town for doing it.

It doesn't matter to me what Toog has done since the fuck up, it matters to me why he did it in the first place. The progression you quoted should show you my thought process, which in itself should tell you that I actually thought about it and how it affected my read on Loo instead of just adding it to my scum read on him.

Now can we get more votes on scum Cloud?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Snow was really really wrong about Toog about how he wasn't giving scum a larger mislynch pool.

In post 1611, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1601, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 1596, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1592, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 1580, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1570, Titus wrote:Nero, we were focusing on one neighborhood. Neighborhoods are majority town. Half the game didn't even care. He reinvigorated interest in the game.

nope, other then nerfing town objectives and
giving scum a wider mislynch pool
, [...]

Why do you keep saying that? We don't know how scum is divided among the hoods, but if we assume it is balanced (we have no way to know if it isn't), then the chances to mislynch increased with the chances to lynch scum, thus staying the same. So it's not like by expanding the lynch pool he was increasing our chance to mislynch.

'cause its very likely to be true? Unless scum are bunched up in my hood and some other hood then Toog nerfing the objective of two hoods and opening up the lynch pool seems like it would only help scum.

Well, we don't know that and I think it's a little to early to be assuming certain hoods have more scum in them than others...

but if I say "well he's opening up a bigger lynch pool" and you say "well we don't know that there are more town in those other hoods." Isn't tat assuming that there is more scum in the two hoods that were being voted for? We know there are atleast 6 town in those other hoods so unless you want to argue that all 4 scum are in those two hoods then yea...it seems like there'd more town and thus opening us up to more possible mislynches.

I also thought he was p scummy early game when he said "I don't have scumreads on anyone in my hood" but that's when I was under the impression that this was more of a setup and not randomly distributed but even then, I guess it's still possible that scumstorm could that if he's the only one in his hood *shrugz* but I get the same feeling from him as I did in ny172 so yeah....

I still think there's much better d1 lynches in like Titus, Toog, maybe SKOT, I am SUPER surprised that cloud 9 isn't getting ran up.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1911, SnowStorm wrote:It doesn't matter to me what Toog has done since the fuck up, it matters to me why he did it in the first place.

I am in totes disagreement here. I think Toog scum could easily go "yeah, I did something with no town benefit and actually harmed the town but...I just wanted to shake things up." I equally dislike the fact that he was trying to get me to switch my focus from him/titus and talk about ULF (even though I have been despite him claiming that I haven't.) and then him not following up on it.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1911, SnowStorm wrote:It doesn't matter to me what Toog has done since the fuck up, it matters to me why he did it in the first place.

I'm just really surprised that you're just super-oversimplifying the obvious WIFOM aspect of what you're talking about in 1116-1120, especially where there are supplemental things like 1121 that should be murking up the read for you and no real evidence that 'why he did it in the first place' is actually a thing that he cares about.

As far as your own question about what is the scum motivation: you can't deny that what he did had a tangible anti-town component and by definition creates potential scum motivation, even if obviously can't be proven one way or the other.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 1912, Nero Cain wrote:Snow was really really wrong about Toog about how he wasn't giving scum a larger mislynch pool.

but if I say "well he's opening up a bigger lynch pool" and you say "well we don't know that there are more town in those other hoods." Isn't tat assuming that there is more scum in the two hoods that were being voted for? We know there are atleast 6 town in those other hoods so unless you want to argue that all 4 scum are in those two hoods then yea...it seems like there'd more town and thus opening us up to more possible mislynches.

I also thought he was p scummy early game when he said "I don't have scumreads on anyone in my hood" but that's when I was under the impression that this was more of a setup and not randomly distributed but even then, I guess it's still possible that scumstorm could that if he's the only one in his hood *shrugz* but I get the same feeling from him as I did in ny172 so yeah....

I still think there's much better d1 lynches in like Titus, Toog, maybe SKOT, I am SUPER surprised that cloud 9 isn't getting ran up.

I didn't follow up to that post because I don't understand the logic behind it and I still think you were making a wrong assumption. We don't know the distribution of scum between the hoods, so it is safer to assume that they're equally distributed and that the odds of lynching scum in between 10 players are the same as in 20. Yes, it is a bigger lynch pool, but it doesn't matter because the odds are the same.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

So why Storm and not Titus? They are both calling Toog town for what he did. You think scumstorm is sheeping towntitus?

borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1912, Nero Cain wrote:I am SUPER surprised that cloud 9 isn't getting ran up.

I want Nati to come back to the thread.

He had a similar(ish) meltdown in Tales of You but that contained both more 1) anger and 2) content than I've seen this game from him and I want to know why, considering his not being the leading wagon here.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1916, Nero Cain wrote:So why Storm and not Titus? They are both calling Toog town for what he did. You think scumstorm is sheeping towntitus?

I am really, really conflicted about Titus (as I've said) and want to vote with Majiffy and Rogue here, who I both think are town.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1918, borkjerfkin wrote:You think scumstorm is sheeping towntitus?

Also considering 1109 (Titus) is both before and very close to 1116, 1120 (Snowstorm) that actually isn't implausible.
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:16 pm

In post 1917, borkjerfkin wrote:I want Nati to come back to the thread

then stop posting

75 pages in 3 days is good for inducing apathy and not much else
"Sickness and healing are in every heart; death and deliverance in every hand.” orson scott card, speaker for the dead
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

I don't understand why the hell you're singling me out for that or that every interaction you're having with me is some kind of being irritated.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

And yeah I know it's muffin this time.
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:20 pm

yeah because i was really singling you out for making 75 pages in 3 days
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1915, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 1912, Nero Cain wrote:Snow was really really wrong about Toog about how he wasn't giving scum a larger mislynch pool.

I didn't follow up to that post because I don't understand the logic behind it and I still think you were making a wrong assumption. We don't know the distribution of scum between the hoods, so it is safer to assume that they're equally distributed and that the odds of lynching scum in between 10 players are the same as in 20.
Yes, it is a bigger lynch pool
, but it doesn't matter because the odds are the same.

The bolded was my point. But of the two hoods that were originally being targeted, its not like everyone was lynchable. As bork said, its WIFOU but I think there's plenty of scum motivation to add to a pool of potential mislynches. Also, the part out not following up wasn't about you, it was about Toog who basically tried to get me to shift my focus onto UFL and then never followed up on that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”