The Wire Season 1 Mafia: Baltimore Police and Omar Victory!

vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:00 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

@Desp: You played with me a handful of games. In all of them I was town. Why do you think I'm not town here?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:03 am

Post by BBmolla »

I actually liked Desp's stuff about the doc target not making sense, I wasn't saying that was meaningless, I'm just scared of lynching the doctor
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:04 am

Post by BBmolla »

I'm a pansy.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
POWERFUL TOWNIE
POWERFUL TOWNIE
Goon
POWERFUL TOWNIE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:31 am

Post by POWERFUL TOWNIE »

Know what: ACTIVITY TIME!

list all the players and put if they are town or scum that way we all have one organices list of reads and not this giant piss fight of who is town and who is not

RSD, if thats jiffy readinng ves as town I would like to have a word with you. I think hes not town as you think
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:47 am

Post by Dr Pants »

scum reads are as follows:
Action Dan
SKOT
Muffin
Vezok

everyone else is town or null
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:48 am

Post by ActionDan »

That's tough ap.

Can I put down "I don't trust anyone except maybe slandarr and pants" and get away with it?
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
ReallySexyDudes
ReallySexyDudes
Goon
ReallySexyDudes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:50 am

Post by ReallySexyDudes »

In post 978, POWERFUL TOWNIE wrote:

RSD, if thats jiffy readinng ves as town I would like to have a word with you. I think hes not town as you think

2bad4u
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:51 am

Post by ActionDan »

Also after that inconsistency that MC quoted, pretty willing to lynch vezok. Also his posts really aren't town at all since his replace in
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by TheAdrienC »

@Mod: Vote count, please?
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Already was on it :P.

Vote Count #11
Dr. Pants

ReallySexyDudes

BBmolla

ActionDan

POWERFUL TOWNIE

vezokpiraka
--ActionDan, Messiah Complex, Titus(L-5)
Titus

Slandaar

Messiah Complex

zMuffinMan

Xisiqomelir
--zMuffinMan, vezokpiraka, mastin2, TheAdrienC (L-4)
mastin2
--Xisiqomelir (L-7)
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
--ReallySexyDudes, Dr. Pants, POWERFUL TOWNIE, BBmolla, (L-4)
Anatole Kuragin

TheAdrienC

Not Voting: Slandaar, Anatole Kuragin, Sharpest-knife-on-tree

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch! Deadline on August 10th, 11:30 PST

Prodding Xisqomelir
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
ReallySexyDudes
ReallySexyDudes
Goon
ReallySexyDudes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by ReallySexyDudes »

SKOT wagon? Best wagon.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:19 am

Post by Sharpest-knife-on-tree »

vote xis...
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:35 am

Post by Slandaar »

My good friend Anatole is not answering my calls. I know he's in but he just won't pick up the phone for some reason...

:(
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:01 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only point I'm convinced by is the vezok slot's night actions not reconciling with reads, but that's already been said 100 times.

Slardar, your response to my suspecting you was valid - I don't really have a follow-up. It makes me uncomfortable that you're more or less Presumed Innocent but I think that was the extent of my suspicions.

I'm not super helpful with so many players and so few lynches.

VOTE: Vezok
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:14 am

Post by Xisiqomelir »

We need to lynch mastin please gang. Vacillating until deadline is not a winning play.
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:21 am

Post by Xisiqomelir »

In post 984, ToastyToast wrote:
vezokpiraka
--ActionDan, Messiah Complex, Titus(L-5)

Xisiqomelir
--zMuffinMan, vezokpiraka, mastin2, TheAdrienC (L-4)

Sharpest-knife-on-tree
--ReallySexyDudes, Dr. Pants, POWERFUL TOWNIE, BBmolla, (L-4)

Not Voting: Slandaar, Anatole Kuragin, Sharpest-knife-on-tree

I'm still on page 31.

Shady: mastin, Anatole Kuragin, Pants

Not Shady: Dan, Slandaar, Venjiffy, Molla

I will not be voting Sharpest (yes I saw him vote me). Trust me when I say that his demonstrated skill at the game is not what anyone would call "proficient" (Proof: highly recent meta).

In post 984, ToastyToast wrote:
With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch! Deadline on August 10th, 11:30 PST
[/area]

Prodding Xisqomelir

Received.
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:23 am

Post by Xisiqomelir »

In post 793, POWERFUL TOWNIE wrote:
In post 604, Xisiqomelir wrote:I would ask town to please read the words people type

i'm scum, can I give reading a hard pass?

Oops I mean Im TOWN lol. That was almost a salamence moment.

ILU pidg
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:39 am

Post by Xisiqomelir »

In post 925, POWERFUL TOWNIE wrote:Can someone who think Dr. Pants is town give me a case for it?

He seems like a popular townread but Im not seeing it exactly.

I don't have that opinion, mainly because D2 he got agitated about even the prospect of discussing NKs:

In post 270, Dr Pants wrote:anyone who questions the nk gains instant scum points

and then today when we had entirely different N2 NK flavour from N1 he evaded Dan's point about the topic:

In post 544, ActionDan wrote:well well well. would you look at that kill flavor. Man I wonder why that could be. Well, does anyone feel like SPECULATING? No? Damn shame. Guess we'll never know

Here are the NKs this game:

In post 175, ToastyToast wrote:
PeregrineV, Johnny Weeks, Self-Activated Tree Stump, was caught on the wire and shot from an unknown distance Night One!

In post 537, ToastyToast wrote:
Antihero, Cass, One-Shot Commuter, was a victim of police brutality night 2!

I can buy either of:

1) Successful protect N1 by town
2) Successful suppression N1 of killing abilities (subtle distinction from #1)

I can't buy:

1) Failure of action N1 by scum (points to entirely lurksack scumteam, and mastin is highly present this game)
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:44 am

Post by Xisiqomelir »

In post 975, vezokpiraka wrote:@Desp: You played with me a handful of games. In all of them I was town. Why do you think I'm not town here?

"Please unvote me"
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:47 am

I could be wrong, but isn't "the wire" slang for wiretapping - as in "getting caught on the wire" would be being implicated in a crime by the police?
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:55 am

Post by Xisiqomelir »

In post 994, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I could be wrong, but isn't "the wire" slang for wiretapping - as in "getting caught on the wire" would be being implicated in a crime by the police?

You aren't wrong in the flavour context of the show, there is that, but there is also the conjunction and independent clause:

"AND SHOT AT A DISTANCE"

Which I find somewhat perturbing.

While you are here, can you please explain how you didn't end up voting until this page?
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:23 am

Post by Xisiqomelir »

In post 776, mastin2 wrote:
Spoiler:
Hey, Xisi.
I'm a Normal Reviewer.
The NRG are working on the Traitor role.
I know it better than most people.
There are more variations than you think.
The mafia can be told the traitor's identity.
This, AND ONLY THIS, version would allow us to 100% be able to scumhunt off of DGB interactions.

The mafia can be told there is a traitor in the game, but not who the traitor is.
The mafia can be told nothing about the traitor.
The traitor can be told who the mafia are.
The traitor can be told nothing about the mafia.
The traitor can be recruited.
The traitor can be killed.

So there are 3.5 variables: mafia knowledge, traitor knowledge, and kill/recruit (these can be separate: mafia recruiters, for instance).
None of these are exclusive.

The appeal to authority is gratuitous. Being in an uninformed majority is what the game is predicated on, and I have to make the best decisions I can with what information I have. Your hastening to respond to every point with dismissal rather than engagement is making me feel that my decision is highly sound.

In post 776, mastin2 wrote:
Xisiqomelir wrote:Can you please enumerate "plenty" exactly? If it turns out that "two" is rather a more a plurality than a miniscule subset of "plenty" that is worth disclosing.
Two off the top of my head. There's more, of course, but I'm lazy, two served the purpose adequately, and because the whole point is entirely null-and-void, I'm not going to bother.

You cannot actually evade my queries. Allow me to re-state and expand upon them:

1) Why were you so highly insistent yesterday that the neighbourhood contained zero scum?
2) Why are you hastening to avoid having to acknowledge your own prior stance?
3) What is the meaning, in plain English, of the following spoilered prose?
Spoiler:
In post 362, mastin2 wrote:SPEAKING OBJECTIVELY. This is as painfully obvious as it can be. How the heck can you be this dense, Slandaar? It's simple.

DGB sees a neighborhood. She believes absolutely that her two partners are town. She knows that paranoia on the neighborhood will exist. She also knows that the paranoia will be focused on her. She believes fully, 100%, that as far as the rest of the game is concerned, if there's any scum in the neighborhood, it's her. Of course she personally knows herself to be town, but nobody else does. But she also believes 100% that after she flips town, people will (or at least, SHOULD) believe that the other two neighbors are town. I don't see how this can't be clear to you. This has been laid out by her and by me explicitly multiple times. She (subjectively) thinks that the neighborhood should be (objectively) all-town, but thanks to paranoia, will (objectively) be suspected, but the focus will be on her. And she knows (objectively) that if anyone in the neighborhood is scum, it'd be her. So in spite of subjectively knowing herself town, she advocates her death, because she (subjectively) believes that the other neighbors will be objectively town when she dies.

Is this the opinion other players hold, no. But she thinks it should be. It makes perfect sense if you actually bother to follow the train of thought that goes into it. You can disagree with her conclusion (be it that the neighborhood is all town, she should die, or both), sure. But just because you disagree with her conclusion does not mean you shouldn't be able to figure out how she reached it. I've *been there*. I know exactly how she feels. There's a reason I pioneered the Mastin Gambit. Is it ideal play, I happen to disagree and think it is not. Is it play that can be coming from town,
YES
. Just because she isn't playing the way you think is ideal doesn't mean she's scum; it just means your ideals differ from hers.

4) How is it not valid to query your positions and reasoning for those positions when they are proven to be erroneous?

In post 776, mastin2 wrote:For the record. This basically necessitates a townread on me. Know why, Xisi?

Because zMuffinman has something like a 15+ game history with me and in every single game so far, has gotten the correct read. (Vice-vera too, for what it's worth. To the point where
as scum, I auto-nightkill zMuffinman N1 no questions asked
. He's my first kill priority, surpassing even P.)

I'm not enthralled with this defence. Since you are invoking 3rd party meta, let's ask him.

@zMuffinMan
: Is the quoted post by mastin a legitimate reason to dismiss the possibility of her being scum this game? Can you cite any games recent games with mastin as scum where you did not die N1 as town?

In post 776, mastin2 wrote:(Btw, Xisi's stances that post are horribad. It's basically saying "don't want to lynch either Vezok or zMuffinman, but I easily can.")

Not the case. My post:

In post 771, Xisiqomelir wrote:I have to take another long train ride, so I would like to provide my stances on two topics of discussion:

-I didn't think bookitty was scum. I am slightly perturbed that muffin's push on me doesn't involve interacting with me, but I'm not in a rush to fling rope in that direction
-No one should cc vezok's claim, and the claim itself is peculiarly early. I guess this is lynchable but I would far prefer mastin

Which is a pretty clear "will not lynch today" for muffin and "could lynch today, but not as a first choice" for vezok.
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:30 am

Post by Xisiqomelir »

In post 990, Xisiqomelir wrote:Not Shady: Dan, Slandaar, Venjiffy, Molla.

I would like to discuss this a little bit more as well.

-I have scum meta with Dan. There is no chance he would stake out a stance as aggressive as:
In post 320, ActionDan wrote:
I call them as I see them.

Why don't you do me the courtesy of explaining why NK speculation of any form is scummy next time before demanding explanations for statements that are self-explanatory. PV did not seem particularly townish in any capacity, and therefore looks more like a vig kill than a scum kill.

if he wasn't town.

-Majvenmar is POE town with one scum neighbour dead, and also found that scum neighbour and lead the wagon.

-Slandaar is engaging in an active thought process for the benefit of town:
In post 286, Slandaar wrote:The point was if DGB were town she would know she doesn't need to be lynched for her neighbours to already be considered masons. This being one of her big arguments as to why she wants to be lynched. It sounds really pro-town though when you are saying you confirm two people as masons by being lynched it
sounds
like you have thought it through and have the towns interests at heart.

:cool:

-I always think Molla is town.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:31 am

In post 995, Xisiqomelir wrote:
In post 994, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I could be wrong, but isn't "the wire" slang for wiretapping - as in "getting caught on the wire" would be being implicated in a crime by the police?

You aren't wrong in the flavour context of the show, there is that, but there is also the conjunction and independent clause:

"AND SHOT AT A DISTANCE"

Which I find somewhat perturbing.

While you are here, can you please explain how you didn't end up voting until this page?

It does seem like that wouldn't be typical procedure for a cop.

As a replacement in such a large game I've had trouble getting invested in it, I don't really have a good reason.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:17 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

reading this flavour pissing contest is making my eyes glaze over. i feel like some old guy who's stumbled across a group of kids fighting about who the best pokemon is

out of interest, how many people familiar with flavour saw desp's first post and knew who it was a flavour crumb for before him claiming it?

since that whole argument seems to be based on the premise it was easily recognisable and that anyone who knows the flavour would see it

(the point about the quote about mastin not dying should be addressed though since that one actually doesn't make sense regardless)
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”