NY 176: Completely Ridiculous Mafia (Game Over)

Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

@Reinoe, if you had to choose one, who would you rather lynch, Aegor or Mirhawk, and why?
2023 W/L | 1-0
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 762, MVP wrote:Twie bob toomai aegor

That's the scumteam

Goodnight Los Angeles

What the fuck did you just literally posted my page 6 townreads and posted here as a scumread
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by MVP »

In post 776, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 762, MVP wrote:Twie bob toomai aegor

That's the scumteam

Goodnight Los Angeles

What the fuck did you just literally posted my page 6 townreads and posted here as a scumread

Oops!
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by MVP »

:>

ugh
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 775, Aeronaut wrote:@Reinoe, if you had to choose one, who would you rather lynch, Aegor or Mirhawk, and why?

Ewwww that question. I'll mull this over tomorrow. I can't guarantee I'll answer.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by Toomai »

Is there any basis to the MVP wagon other than active lurking? I'm not seeing it.
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 779, reinoe wrote:
In post 775, Aeronaut wrote:@Reinoe, if you had to choose one, who would you rather lynch, Aegor or Mirhawk, and why?

Ewwww that question. I'll mull this over tomorrow. I can't guarantee I'll answer.

Answer the question, or I'm going to assume you are avoiding it.
2023 W/L | 1-0
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:18 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Fun fact: owls.

Votecount 1.25
MVP [L-3] - TheWayItEnds, Cabd, Cephrir, Depraved Justice, AngryPidgeon

Toomai [L-4] - MVP, Mirhawk, Aeronaut, Aegor

reinoe [L-5] - Bicephalous Bob, T S O, Toomai

T S O [L-6] - Ki-Gi, reinoe

Bicephalous Bob [L-7] - Izariael

Not Voting [0] -

With 15 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2014-08-30 21:00:00)

Some of MVP is V/LA a bit.
Aegor is LA til Friday.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by Izariael »

I'm still mulling my next move, but I know my current vote won't be of any use, so...

UNVOTE: Bicephalous Bob
Depraved Justice
Depraved Justice
Goon
Depraved Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by Depraved Justice »

Speaking of ignoring questions...Aero, pls explain why you are worried about Ki-gi sitting on TSO when you are town reading Ki-Gi?
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:58 pm

Post by reinoe »

Spoiler: Drunk posting
guys i just took a dump while drinking a glass of wine, while reading shakespeare, while listening to Bach. I was so fucking classy I was oozing class. oozing class out of my poopchute. bach kinda sukks compared to mozart. baroque music isn't as good as traditional classical music anyway but wtfever

Selkie
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:58 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Ki-gi seems town to me, but that's the one thing that seems less townish to me.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Depraved Justice
Depraved Justice
Goon
Depraved Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:02 pm

What is exactly less townish there? You think he's just bandwagon hopping?
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 781, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 779, reinoe wrote:

Answer the question, or I'm going to assume you are avoiding it.

if i had to vote someone and it was me aegor and mirhawk in lylo i would vote mirhawk. mirhawk is always a nightkill target eventually and that's just because he's good but if he's scum he wouldn't slip up. aegor if he were scum he'd slip up eventually although I haven't played a ton of games with Aegor. If it came down to today being a wagon on aegor and a wagon on mirhawk and we could only lynch one though i would just fucking no-lynch because i learned my lesson on lynching townreads during deadline.

But right now I'm town reading both of them. I hope that answers your question. very hintly slightly lynch on mirhawk

Selkie
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:09 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 787, Depraved Justice wrote:What is exactly less townish there? You think he's just bandwagon hopping?

I think it's possible.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Ki-Gi
Ki-Gi
Goon
Ki-Gi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by Ki-Gi »

I'm comfortable with my vote on T S O. I could change it to DJ but that's it. I don't think Toomai, MVP, or reinoe are scummy enough to lynch at this point. Toomai asks some weird questions, MVP lurked for a bit but isn't anymore, and reinoe trolls. None of them have done anything to indicate alignment, which I could understand being a scumtell by itself, but I have more confidence in T S O or DJ who I have witnessed actually being opportunistic and attempting to manipulate the town.
Woe is me
Depraved Justice
Depraved Justice
Goon
Depraved Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:57 pm

In post 790, Ki-Gi wrote:who I have witnessed actually being opportunistic and attempting to manipulate the town.

I'd ask you to back that up but when know that ain't going to happen.
Ki-Gi
Ki-Gi
Goon
Ki-Gi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:02 pm

Post by Ki-Gi »

In post 791, Depraved Justice wrote:
In post 790, Ki-Gi wrote:who I have witnessed actually being opportunistic and attempting to manipulate the town.

You could always click on your ISO.
Woe is me
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:24 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 739, AngryPidgeon wrote:Fuck your townread on me, Cephrir. It doesn't make any sense .

<3

In post 740, T S O wrote:
In post 736, Cephrir wrote:
In post 727, T S O wrote:Cephrir, I don't get your stance on this whatsoever, by the way.

I have a stance on this?

You were talking to both me and reinoe when I was arguing that when I said I was going to start posting content, reinoe's scumread on me for not immediately doing so was rubbish. Despite this, I never really felt your opinion was shared on the matter - but you seem to have posted it now.

My opinion is/was as follows:
-I thought you were a bit on the scum side before the whole fiasco, and that reinoe was meh.
-I now feel slightly better about you because <reasons>
-reinoe has not changed my opinion re: him basically being a troll
-...but his hovering over you and expecting you to accomplish anything in the meantime was unfair.

In post 742, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 737, Cephrir wrote:
In post 735, AngryPidgeon wrote:God, this backandforth is really tedious. I think Nero is town. This just feels like the exact sort of stuff I'd expect Nero to post.

Tell me more?

About Nero?

While I disagree with his posts about KiGi, it just makes sense in my head that Nero is pushing that. Its exactly the sort of thing I could see Nero giving a shit about as town. Gut? I don't really know how better to explain that. Ya its a bit OMGUSy, but that is sort of part of the picture. Nero wants to inject himself into the game, Nero sees what he perceives is someone throwing mud at him. Nero decides person is scum and attempts to get into the game by talking about them and defending himself. I realize I'm sort of creating a narrative that leads to the conclusion of Nero town, but that is what I see right now. Its not the strongest read ever, but I'm interested in leaving him alone for now.

Shit like "How is mollie supposed to post when she isn't in this hydra" makes me want to kill myself though.

I don't know how to tell Nero's alignment. I know a little bit about what he tends to do, and I think I tend to find his posts slightly more detail-oriented/nitpicky/generally not fun to read as town, but limited experience. I appreciate the attempt to explain.

In post 747, Aeronaut wrote:

In post 577, Mirhawk wrote:
In post 513, Depraved Justice wrote:
no? I think Reinoe is clearly trolling and even if he's not then I don't really suspect him nor am I calling AP scum for answering a question/giving his two cents. (as you are implying) I only think he's scummy if Ki-Gi flips scum.

If your take away from my ki's convo is that I'm mad that he doesn't suspect AP then either I haven't done a good job of explaining why I suspect him or you are just flat out not reading and I'm going with door #2 here.

I also don't think I've been active lurking at all. I think I was inactive this game and then CABD lead the derpy charge that I was scummy for this and now everyone (including yourself) is piggybacking that argument.

You're door two option feels right for a reason. Mostly because I don't really care about what you and KI-Gi were talking about. My impression from that entire line of dialog was that you were pursuing a silly line of reasoning, and were trying very hard to make it look serious.

Your reaction to him not answering the question was also way out of proportion to the offense. I would have expected you to maybe ask him the question again, or ask if agreed with the other answer or something like that. Not go in all out attack mode and demand answers while simultaneously insinuating that it was scummy to allow others to "intrude" on your conversation.

I also don't like that you're distancing yourself from the lurking point. Calling it "Cabd's derpy change" is a soft discredit on what was a very valid point. You weren't posting, then you showed up to respond when you were mentioned. Claiming you hadn't read the game only makes this look worse as that makes it even less likely that you could just happen to notice the post you were mentioned in.

In post 514, Depraved Justice wrote:
if this was how you felt why did you wait to post about it and not say this in 451?

I was feeling snarkier then I had been in 514. Also I had to go back and dig up that quote of you demanding that Ki-Gi had to be offended by someone else answering his question.

In post 567, Aeronaut wrote:
Reinoe vs TSO is town on town. They just don't like each other in general. It's who's on their wagons that I'm interested in. Lets take a look.

reinoe [L-5]
- Bicephalous Bob, T S O, Toomai
T S O [L-6]
- Ki-Gi, reinoe

Yea, I think it's time for a Toomai lynch. Ki-gi being there sort of worries me.

VOTE: Toomai

Why do you think it's town on town, and more importantly, why do you think everyone else should necessarily have arrived at the same conclusion? Seems like an arbitrary assumption.

In post 750, Depraved Justice wrote:but you were fine with folks breathing down my neck, So explain the difference?

The difference is that you could get a post in edgewise and weren't literally being called scum every ten minutes on the dot.

In post 753, Bicephalous Bob wrote:{you, ap, aegor (I changed my mind about keeping him)} are my favorite lynch subjects

I would think that, given that these reads are nowhere near anyone else's, you'd have felt compelled to explain them at some point.

In post 755, reinoe wrote:@Cephir
How do you think someone should respond to 435?

Dunno what the point of this is, but I'd probably have given a one-word response, yes or no. Possibly with a joke thrown in. I say this without remembering how you responded.

In post 763, Aegor wrote:Will any of these suspicions on me turn into votes? They are kind of bland right now.

In post 659, Cabd wrote:
In post 658, Aegor wrote:My current lynchpool is {DJ, Toomai, Ki-Gi}

Opinion on MVP?

He can go, but after Toomai.

Did the self conscious post not strike a chord with you? I'm surprised that post is getting called null, I would really expect that bit to ping one way or the other, but this makes three people who've called it null I think. o.o

In post 772, Mirhawk wrote:Cephrir is not only trying to have no opinion on anything, but he's pretty much flat out saying that that's what he's doing. Nobody seems to care though.

I gave a reads list. I therefore have opinions about most of the players. I'm simply choosing not to remind everyone of what those opinions are every time I post, and am playing in a somewhat hands-off manner.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:26 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Fuck quote tags. Another post slipped in there too, but if I was going to do something with it, I no longer recall what it was.

In post 739, AngryPidgeon wrote:Fuck your townread on me, Cephrir. It doesn't make any sense .

<3

In post 740, T S O wrote:
In post 736, Cephrir wrote:
In post 727, T S O wrote:Cephrir, I don't get your stance on this whatsoever, by the way.

I have a stance on this?

You were talking to both me and reinoe when I was arguing that when I said I was going to start posting content, reinoe's scumread on me for not immediately doing so was rubbish. Despite this, I never really felt your opinion was shared on the matter - but you seem to have posted it now.

My opinion is/was as follows:
-I thought you were a bit on the scum side before the whole fiasco, and that reinoe was meh.
-I now feel slightly better about you because <reasons>
-reinoe has not changed my opinion re: him basically being a troll
-...but his hovering over you and expecting you to accomplish anything in the meantime was unfair.

In post 742, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 737, Cephrir wrote:
In post 735, AngryPidgeon wrote:God, this backandforth is really tedious. I think Nero is town. This just feels like the exact sort of stuff I'd expect Nero to post.

Tell me more?

About Nero?

While I disagree with his posts about KiGi, it just makes sense in my head that Nero is pushing that. Its exactly the sort of thing I could see Nero giving a shit about as town. Gut? I don't really know how better to explain that. Ya its a bit OMGUSy, but that is sort of part of the picture. Nero wants to inject himself into the game, Nero sees what he perceives is someone throwing mud at him. Nero decides person is scum and attempts to get into the game by talking about them and defending himself. I realize I'm sort of creating a narrative that leads to the conclusion of Nero town, but that is what I see right now. Its not the strongest read ever, but I'm interested in leaving him alone for now.

Shit like "How is mollie supposed to post when she isn't in this hydra" makes me want to kill myself though.

I don't know how to tell Nero's alignment. I know a little bit about what he tends to do, and I think I tend to find his posts slightly more detail-oriented/nitpicky/generally not fun to read as town, but limited experience. I appreciate the attempt to explain.

In post 567, Aeronaut wrote:
Reinoe vs TSO is town on town. They just don't like each other in general. It's who's on their wagons that I'm interested in. Lets take a look.

reinoe [L-5]
- Bicephalous Bob, T S O, Toomai
T S O [L-6]
- Ki-Gi, reinoe

Yea, I think it's time for a Toomai lynch. Ki-gi being there sort of worries me.

Why do you think it's town on town, and more importantly, why do you think everyone else should necessarily have arrived at the same conclusion? Seems like an arbitrary assumption.

In post 750, Depraved Justice wrote:but you were fine with folks breathing down my neck, So explain the difference?

The difference is that you could get a post in edgewise and weren't literally being called scum every ten minutes on the dot.

In post 753, Bicephalous Bob wrote:{you, ap, aegor (I changed my mind about keeping him)} are my favorite lynch subjects

I would think that, given that these reads are nowhere near anyone else's, you'd have felt compelled to explain them at some point.

In post 755, reinoe wrote:@Cephir
How do you think someone should respond to 435?

Dunno what the point of this is, but I'd probably have given a one-word response, yes or no. Possibly with a joke thrown in. I say this without remembering how you responded.

In post 763, Aegor wrote:Will any of these suspicions on me turn into votes? They are kind of bland right now.

In post 659, Cabd wrote:
In post 658, Aegor wrote:My current lynchpool is {DJ, Toomai, Ki-Gi}

Opinion on MVP?

He can go, but after Toomai.

Did the self conscious post not strike a chord with you? I'm surprised that post is getting called null, I would really expect that bit to ping one way or the other, but this makes three people who've called it null I think. o.o

In post 772, Mirhawk wrote:Cephrir is not only trying to have no opinion on anything, but he's pretty much flat out saying that that's what he's doing. Nobody seems to care though.

I gave a reads list. I therefore have opinions about most of the players. I'm simply choosing not to remind everyone of what those opinions are every time I post, and am playing in a somewhat hands-off manner.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:31 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

In post 794, Cephrir wrote:I would think that, given that these reads are nowhere near anyone else's, you'd have felt compelled to explain them at some point.

as I said, the people in that pool aren't exactly incredible scumreads as much as it'd-be-nice-if-these-people-disappeared reads, although there's a good chance that there's some scum in it
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:45 am

Post by T S O »

In post 792, Ki-Gi wrote:

You could always click on your ISO.

That's complete fucking trash; back up your statement or sit down.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:05 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 795, Bicephalous Bob wrote:
In post 794, Cephrir wrote:I would think that, given that these reads are nowhere near anyone else's, you'd have felt compelled to explain them at some point.

as I said, the people in that pool aren't exactly incredible scumreads as much as it'd-be-nice-if-these-people-disappeared reads, although there's a good chance that there's some scum in it

I'd still like it if you'd share with the class, I can't see your thought process unless you actually post it
Bartleby the Scrivener
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:46 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 774, Izariael wrote:I'm not sure I know what BEETLEJUICE is... (I've seen the movie once but it was over 15 years ago...) Based on the context, I'm led to believe it's when a lurking player suddenly appears when their name is spoken? In which case no, I don't think it's a tell.

Yes that is pretty much it. I believe it has its name because the character Beetlejuice would appear when his name was called? Its been ages since I've seen that movie/cartoon.

Aeronaut: Were you content with Reinoe's answer to your question? What do you make of it?

In post 793, Cephrir wrote:I don't know how to tell Nero's alignment. I know a little bit about what he tends to do, and I think I tend to find his posts slightly more detail-oriented/nitpicky/generally not fun to read as town, but limited experience. I appreciate the attempt to explain.

I think the only time I've ever actually seen Nero as scum was in that Mykonian cult game and he replaced out before I even replaced in...I think. I could be misremembering that. So I'm not totally sure what I'd look for in Nero scum, but I'm fairly content with what I've seen so far. It looks like town, it feels like Nero in general.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:52 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

TSO, I'm not trying to be snarky or anything but what did you expect from post 765? Honestly, I didn't have the giveadarn to do more than skim it loosely and it looks like you are just reiterating some IIoA about what Reinoe by quoting his entire iso and summarizing it. Did you honestly expect that post to sway people into voting Reinoe?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”