LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:49 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

In post 1281, Ansuz wrote:Yes, I wanted you to expand upon your reads. You had a lot of excitement early game, a very strong albeit not very concentrated push to gamesolve and I loved that from your slot, and yet it's stopped pretty much completely. Show your life again, little one.

Nice to see someone appreciate my being eager to play mafia on here. But I'd rather just sit back and watch town kill themselves at this point. >_>

Oh, wait... That was a joke. Yeah. :shifty:
When locked in a fortress in your own mind, be careful what door you open.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:01 am

Post by Konowa »

In post 1277, Osseus pseudotripodis wrote:
In post 1255, geraintm wrote:
In post 1218, Konowa wrote:As for the LYLO talk, Town is pretty smart to know when LYLO is occurring. Fact that there was -zero- kills N1, makes it pretty evident that there are no 3rd party scum.

I would agree with this. I have a vig but for there to be a serial killer in the game who resisted the temptation to shoot would be something

(Prays no one looks through my old games )

Yeah let's not let this BS slide either. This is a Mini game. An X-Shot Serial Killer is much more reasonable. That or you targeted Kthx N1 and that's why there was no kill...
Konowa doesn't know why, but this really bugs Konowa.

Does Osseus pseudotripodis disagree with Konowa with the fact that there were -zero- night kills N1 that a third party is unlikely?
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Konowa »

More gut, but Konowa doesn't like LynxKuroneko's D2 play. It is falling into the realm of a player who is following the game and not actually playing. Konowa is glad kthxbye is hiding behind LynxKuroneko Tonight as it will clear up quite a bit.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:33 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

Yes, I'm glad, too. But I'm not keen on letting my uber-noobidity run things, you know? Glad you stopped being my guardian angel, though, Konowa. It was getting creepy; felt like you were buddying me hard. And I can at least say I've put in a lot more effort than Scorched_Earth.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:18 am

Post by d3x »

In post 1302, Konowa wrote:Konowa is glad kthxbye is hiding behind LynxKuroneko Tonight as it will clear up quite a bit.
Reluctantly for me, but I agree...
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Osseus pseudotripodis
Osseus pseudotripodis
Goon
Osseus pseudotripodis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:07 am

Post by Osseus pseudotripodis »

In post 1301, Konowa wrote:
In post 1277, Osseus pseudotripodis wrote:
In post 1255, geraintm wrote:
In post 1218, Konowa wrote:As for the LYLO talk, Town is pretty smart to know when LYLO is occurring. Fact that there was -zero- kills N1, makes it pretty evident that there are no 3rd party scum.

I would agree with this. I have a vig but for there to be a serial killer in the game who resisted the temptation to shoot would be something

(Prays no one looks through my old games )

Yeah let's not let this BS slide either. This is a Mini game. An X-Shot Serial Killer is much more reasonable. That or you targeted Kthx N1 and that's why there was no kill...
Konowa doesn't know why, but this really bugs Konowa.

Does Osseus pseudotripodis disagree with Konowa with the fact that there were -zero- night kills N1 that a third party is unlikely?

OP does disagree with Konowa. However, I think it's either Ger or no one. Vig is a common safe claim for SKs. Plus, is an X-shot SK in a Mini out of the question? Is it out of the question that both anti-town factions targeted the same player, resulting in the same no kill?

But let's not let BS like "me fake-claiming as an SK without shooting is unlikely" and then goes "oh by the way I've done it before". The problem I continue to have with Ger is that he's throwing his scumminess right in our faces with every post. The only reason he hasn't been lynched is because he claimed Vig. That's the ONLY reason. Take that away and we'd have strung him up by now. For me, claims are never enough. For every true claim out there exists twice as many fake claims. You take away the Vig claim from Ger and you are left with an oh so very scummy player. He's gonna kill me tonight, and I don't want him skating by just because he can prove he can kill. He still needs to prove he's town.

My point was though, let's not fall into the trap that because a player claimed Vig they can confirm themselves as town. That's all I was saying.
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:55 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

Didn't think about the fact that Vig is a safe claim for SK...

But the no-deaths on N1 does make it seem less likely that there is SK action...

Ack... Not sure if I can trust Geraintm or Osseus. If Geraintm's lying to us and we believe him, town's going to hurt a lot soon. But then there's the above paragraph.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:15 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 2.12

Then comes Sigfather's
mighty son,
Vithar, to fight
with the foaming wolf;
In the giant's son
does he thrust his sword
Full to the heart:
his father is avenged.

Hither there comes
the son of Hlothyn,
The bright snake gapes
to heaven above;

Against the serpent
goes Othin's son.

In anger smites
the warder of earth,--
Forth from their homes
must all men flee;-
Nine paces fares
the son of Fjorgyn,
And, slain by the serpent,
fearless he sinks.

Josh_B
(4): LynxKuroneko, d3x, Kthxbye, Thor665
Ansuz
(3): Mantisdreamz, geraintm, Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
(2): Ansuz, Josh_B
LynxKuroneko
(2): TunnelMates, Osseus pseudotripodis

Not Voting
(0):

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: September 5, Midnight US Eastern Time

Countdown: (expired on 2014-09-04 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:30 am

Post by geraintm »

Very quickly posting, nearly midnight here.
I don't think I can win at the moment. I am going to shoot someone tonight. If it goes through, then people will go and say I am a serial killer and want me dead.
If it doesn't then they will lynch me.

I have this massive fear I am going to be blocked from my shot tonight.
I'll explain why, and why I think people think my shot won't go through.

My role said I am a one shot vig.
But if I wait till the third night my shot is immune to all interference except protection. (I believe when I claimed I said my role had caveats. This is it)

Do people think that it is likely that scum have a way of blocking my shot somehow?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Kthxbye »

I think geraintm is town.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by d3x »

We now have just over 28hrs and the closest Wagon is only at L-3. Considering we have 3 players that haven't even posted in the last 28hrs {and 1 player that can't Vote}, I'd say it's time to consolidate the Lynch Wagon.

GTKAS - d3x
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by LynxKuroneko »

Edit to this post. -> Meant 'above sentence'.

So the board state is:

geraintm (claimed town one-shot vig, wants to shoot Osseus)

Kthxbye (claimed town hider, wants to hide behind LynxKuroneko)

d3x (claimed conftown by Kthxbye on N1, wants to lynch Josh, fine with B_E lynch)
Only one who really evaluated hiplop wagon

Osseus (Says LynxKuroneko is optimal lynch. Scumreading Mantis, Ansuz. FoS towards geraintm as SK. Says self conftown due to 'N2 flip'.)
* Ironic, eh?

Burning_Earth (dead-weight Vanilla Town claim, generally agreed lynch material)

Konowa (Unloved. But its funny how you were all about defending me D1, then once your Post Restriction situation got out of your control, you decided to go after me. Trying to get heat off yourself? Overall good at pointing out player interactions (ISO for details))

Thor (Tunneled Konowa about post-restriction, but before that was happy lynching anyone, and seemed a little opportunistic with votes)

Mantis (What sticks out is that B_E is town, and states suspicions, but was easily swayed by TunnelMates soon after (ISO for easy view))

TunnelMates (Posts reads, then proceeds to swap votes between scumreads while lightly touching on subjects afterwards).

Josh (ISO is short enough to read through in a minute.)

Ansuz (Read list. This sticks out.)

Lynx (a little batshit insane, which is neat. I'm fine with being the hider target (anything to clear my name), but I hope its the right decision at this point.
* I'm also fine with a Josh lynch, as HighShroomish was a scummy player and Josh hasn't truly done much to turn that around. If there's heavy disagreement, please state that.
* B_E, if truly a VT, could at least try to do more than one-line commentary.
* Geraintm, if you're a 1-shot vig, then you're a VT with a chance to screw town over. I'm leaning towards no SK due to the no-kill on N1.
* Konowa, I liked thinking of you as town considering you were assertive and willing to make the pushes, but your recent slip up does leave room for doubt.
* d3x, your opinion of me is one I'll never get over *teardrop*
* Thor665, considering we seemingly hivemind-agreed that gameplay506 was town / risklynch due to his claim, I'm hoping we made the right choice. Your push on Konowa produced results, but your other actions were more sheep and less scum hunt.
* Mantis, not sure what to think of you, really... Your defense of B_E and his VT claim ties you two together today.
* TunnelMates, I sense the potential to be really helpful to town. But there seems to be something holding you guys back, as if trying not to say too much (avoiding responsibility / ties?)

If
we have a doctor, the only person I see worth protecting at this point is Kthx, but would that work?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Well Lynx, you just made me think you may be town after all after ^that.

Guess that means Mantis should be cleared or condemned. Too quiet girlfriend and it's making me paranoid. I shall confirm you if you are town or condemn you with my death and not yours. Not like you are posting much in this game anyway...
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by d3x »

Damn it Kthx, stop. Say you're Hiding behind 1 person and stop saying you'll switch Targets {this is what, the 3rd or 4th you've said you're Targeting?}. That's how WIFOM happens.

Hide behind Lynx. Your Hide isn't just for your own benefit, it's for the Town's. If you can sort out someone with a Wagon right now, you should. geraintm said he's taking care of Ansuz, so he's out. Stick to Lynx.

GTKAS - d3x
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:44 pm

Post by Thor665 »

It doesn't matter as long as he knows to hide behind the last one he states in thread he's hiding behind he can change his mind every ten minutes for all I care.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:14 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1230, d3x wrote:Frankly, I dislike Josh's p very much. The end relating to Konowa blatantly ignores that literally
hundreds
of posts occurred in between those 3 quoted posts.

oh ya

In post 1230, d3x wrote:Josh's p is also really gross. There are legitimate questions being posed to his strange posts/phrasing and he jumps to the old "why did you find my predecessor scummy?".

i remember not liking his response to my response to his question. i said that my vote on HS was a pressure vote. and he replied back "seems like it"

..if it seemed like it, why did he make that question to me (and kthx). i dunno, was a little odd i thought.

In post 1230, d3x wrote:I'm feeling ScumMantis less.

that's good
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1231, Osseus pseudotripodis wrote:

I mean you just used two scum-tactic staples in this post. "lol why didn't you vote EVERYONE instead!" and "you're reading everyone as scum" when A) I can only vote one player and B) when I say I don't trust players it's not that I'm implicitly reading them as scum but because I don't trust their reads. Let's not try to lump in the implication that I'm just vanity reading Ansuz as scum. The reasons I have him in the scum category are completely independent from the reasons I am voting Lynx.

ok. what are the different reasons?
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1232, Thor665 wrote:
Why aren't you trying to convince me Ansuz is scum?

it probably didn't occur to me cause at the time i was paranoid about you. i'm still catching up the last few pages so i dunno. also, why would i convince you specifically? i have said my thoughts on ansz in general.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1312, Kthxbye wrote:Well Lynx, you just made me think you may be town after all after ^that.

Guess that means Mantis should be cleared or condemned. Too quiet girlfriend and it's making me paranoid. I shall confirm you if you are town or condemn you with my death and not yours. Not like you are posting much in this game anyway...

just want to respond to this quickly. it's cause i've been working a shit ton :( sooo tired no rest for the wicked
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:28 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1317, Mantisdreamz wrote:it probably didn't occur to me cause at the time i was paranoid about you. i'm still catching up the last few pages so i dunno. also, why would i convince you specifically? i have said my thoughts on ansz in general.

:neutral:
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1241, Konowa wrote:feebs, etc.

Konowa would be placing a vote on Josh_B here if Konowa had a vote.

alright at this point in reading, i'm thinking that maybe josh is a good vote. i like konowa for town, d3x is obvtown (and he made a good point with josh's post where he quotes konowa in the span of ~500 posts where he changed his mind on hilpol. which, not really a big deal.

...maybe thor is alright too... just thor it was your insistence that you shall be tunneling konowa's post restriction all game long and making such a fuss, that looked pretty iffy
^(mentioned thor, cause he is also on josh up to this post as well)
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1319, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1317, Mantisdreamz wrote:it probably didn't occur to me cause at the time i was paranoid about you. i'm still catching up the last few pages so i dunno. also, why would i convince you specifically? i have said my thoughts on ansz in general.

Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1320, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 1241, Konowa wrote:feebs, etc.

Konowa would be placing a vote on Josh_B here if Konowa had a vote.

alright at this point in reading, i'm thinking that maybe josh is a good vote. i like konowa for town, d3x is obvtown (and he made a good point with josh's post where he quotes konowa in the span of ~500 posts where he changed his mind on hilpol
)
. which, not really a big deal.

edited to fix crucial error
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1243, Konowa wrote:
In post 1192, Konowa wrote:Because if Konowa slips three times, Konowa becomes Hated (Lynch -1)
and loses Konowa's vote for the day
. Konowa didn't want to try and prove the claim this way, but it might be easier. The Loved/Hated condition is removed in LYLO but the removal of the vote still occurs in LYLO if Konowa slips three times. Town doesn't likely need Konowa's vote for the Day, so whatever.

:(

Town has four votes for Josh_B with seven needed to lynch, Town can get three more.

aw man

UNVOTE: ansuz
VOTE: josh

^placeholder till i finish catching up.. but maybe he has posted more scummy than townish things.
gotta recheck his iso after catchup.

sorry for all the multiple postings.. it's just easier than copying and pasting all quotes into a gigantic wall
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:54 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1185, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1182, Mantisdreamz wrote:who do you have as town thor?

The obvious ones, D3x and Kthx - I've said as much before.
You're complaining that I'm "pressing" people as I try to develop other reads - so you're at least aware I'm attempting to get other reads...so I'm not sure where this whine is coming from nor going to.

to be fair, it wasn't whine. it had occurred to me though, that you were pressing more than stating, "i like so and so's post". i don't have to say to you, that scum like to keep their options open for moving their vote around.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”