Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:46 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Burn: that explains the things has been happening. Aafter should be replaced, there has been no posts from him since ages.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:13 am

Post by Regfan »

@ Mod, Can we have a deadline extension given that there's a slot in the game that hasn't posted at all today and most of yesterday.

Okay Muffin, had time to sit down and read through properly now about the only thing I agree with you on is taht his reaction towards me pushing him did look kind of townish, here's the problems I have with/Siv - 1) I'm reading in a very different light to you, here's how I'm seeing it and the situation, last game Siv was scum in this setup he suggested scum all pick the same number, then said they can't actually do it because he wouldn't be able to explain picking a mundane number p much, that's what he's done this game though and it reads a lot like he's actually decided to follow through with the strategy this time. 2) I don't find any of his reads list to have any real backing and find a lot of his thoughts contradict each other (Will grab/go into these more if needed but I've touched on them before) and 3) His vote coming into today and his reasoning behind it (Trying to use the night kill as an excuse for a read) is something I have a lot of difficulty following.

Think I'm going to take some time to mull and think about this game tonight and tomorrow, somethings not adding up at the moment and need to work out what it is, people really need to start contributing in the meantime though because it feels like there's only 3-4 of us playing as is.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:23 am

Post by Aneninen »

@Flubber, – why do you think the Vigilante is the most useful role for both factions? I disagree with other points too (a Jailkeeper is just as useful for the town, a Doc is almost useless for the scum). You've left out the following roles: Vengeful, Redirector, Fruit Vendor/Neighbourizer.

In post 856, Flubbernugget wrote:Maybe it was a wk? Look, my thing is that it looked way too informed. And what's with all this "hurr durr hes scum but u dnt vote him" bullshit?
You only get one vote.

Excuse me, what does "wk" mean here? What does the underlined part mean?

_____

@Hephaestus, – as for your scumreads. Salamence/Muffin: you're right, we skimmed over Sala's late-Day1 posts – however, we'll never get an explanation for that. Muffin doesn't seem to be scum in himself. Flubber: I agree. Gameplay: I simply don't understand his gameplay but, I think he's more likely town than scum. You've also said that your townreads weren't too "well-built". As for me: whom am I buddying?

@Hephaestus, – your reasoning is not essentially right. In my opinion a Vig could claim on Day1 if they wanted to get hints for the Nightkill. After the first flip and analyzing the hints the Vig might get plenty of reads... Who agrees? (I'm especially interested in Muffin's opinion. Anyway, he's right in .)

_____

In post 873, Regfan wrote:
In post 839, uctriton00 wrote:Page 18, where Aneninen and pretty much Regfan, decided to claim the Elmo and ZZZX slots. To me that was a very pro-scum move, because the backup is easily WIFOMable if you're a vanilla goon in PYP, and of course knowing who has a role cop is very beneficial to scum, because a town role cop can fish out all fake claims. For that already I don't like either Aneninen or Regfan. I also have a way of gut-reading scum by observing posting style, but it will take some meta reading to work it out. For now, my gut of Aneninen is scum.

Okay this is your only mention of me at all, you've not commented on anything else I've done or any of my other posts yet you say
"heph is incredibly scummy to me right now; I've seen vanilla town heph and it's nowhere near as -derpy- as it played out."
and then proceed to vote me in over joining the Heph wagon, makes absolutely no sense at all, literally none so explain to me what I'm missing and why I shouldn't be reading this as you distancing with Heph.

...and that's FoS in my eyes too. First of all, he scumreads Hephaestus and votes for Regfan next – 2 posts and 10 minutes later than Gameplay had done the same!

I can add these:

In post 806, uctriton00 wrote:Siv and Anninem come off as scummy during the first half of the game as well

In post 839, uctriton00 wrote:
(... post has been edited by me)
For that already I don't like either Aneninen or Regfan. I also have a way of gut-reading scum by observing posting style, but it will take some meta reading to work it out.
For now, my gut of Aneninen is scum.
(
) I don't know the offical VC (mod has been flaking on that), but I'd say there's at
least 1 scum in Anninen Regfan and Heph, and I'd like to lynch from that pool at this point.
(
)

If his reads were genuine about that Aneninen/Regfan/Hephaestus trio, he could
(1) either vote for Hephaestus, since that seems to be the strongest wagon
(2) or vote for me if I were indeed his strongest read (even if it would be a new wagon).
He did none of those. He strengthened a counter-wagon with his vote.

I think he's scum and there is a high chance of an Uctriton/Hephaestus scumpair. (In this case Flubber must be town or my reads are totally flawed.)

UNVOTE:
– I'm still willing to lynch Hephaestus but okay, let's give him some time so that he can catchup and post more.

VOTE: Uctriton
– Prove me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure about this now.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:58 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Heph, you said in your post that Regfan's wagon could not have been a scum gambit. Was anyone implying that it *was* a scum gambit?

I find it odd you'd use this to defend Regfan. I'm just trying to see your line of reasoning to give Regfan a town read.
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:01 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Flubber, it's not fluff I was trying to get. I'm trying to explain why I think Anatole had no business being lynched. That being said, it is indeed the case I am working off of; to me I saw no reason to lunch that ZZZX slot, and it was a convenient lunch. Role picking, while it CAN flop between alignments, is a worthwhile thing to use to hint in pick your power.

And good news is that I think you have townie reasoning going on there, as in it didn't look like a manufactured answer. Have a town card.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:15 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Regfan, regarding your post at the bottom of the previous page, I'm reading who I think can be scum. I have you and Anninem and Hephaestus, all for various reasons. And as I disclaimed to gameplay, I see him as a bro (because I get his frustrations as being a large volume poster with 0 participation otherwise) and I've confirmation biased him as town, but that doesn't mean I think he wouldn't be worthy of a vig shot if one exists in case any of Reg/An/heph is wrong, and I let scum gameplay have a win over town Anatole.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:17 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Nope we need a vc
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:24 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Anninem, so because I didn't vote Heph, it means I am scum? The logic in your eyes is, that because I'm not putting my vote on my scummiest read, that I'm lying about something, and thus we enter LAL (which I saw someone write in this game a while back)

I think heph is scummy, as much as you and Regfan. If you read my meta, I'm willing to spread votes on all my scum reads to get reactions. It's one basic way of hunting, to spread suspicions amongst all your reads. The whole shake a tree theory.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:27 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Nevermind ignore my post. uctrit has it right
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:32 am

Post by Aneninen »

Ooooookkkaaaaay,

_____

Unofficial Vote Count

Hephaestus
(3): Regfan, Flubbernugget, Hephaestus
Regfan
(3): Saki, gameplay506, uctriton00,
gameplay506
(1): Elmo TeH AzN
uctriton00
(1): Aneninen

Not Voting (4): Hephaestus, Aafter, Hershey kiss, Siveure DtTrikyp,

With 12 Left it Takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is in ??? (We should get some extra time due to replacements, inactive slots, etc.)
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:33 am

Post by Aneninen »

By the way, Uctriton, why do you care about Anatole that much?
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:03 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Ok hepha is probably scum

VOTE: Hepha
Hershey Kiss
Hershey Kiss
Townie
Hershey Kiss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:37 am

Post by Hershey Kiss »

Uct, in 16 pages, all you got was two town reads? One of which was already lynched and flipped town? That's pretty weak. <-edit: oh. I read the next post. You think two of my town reads are scummy too and didn't say why.

Those saying muffin is obvtown, what looks genuine about his place regarding the rolecop claim? To me, it looks like he knew ZZZ was town and wanted town cred.

Reg, I have Anen as town too, but I don't see where the ridiculously obvious part comes in. Can you explain that a little? I liked your points about Saki.

Uct, you talk about Sal replacing out in anger. It seemed random to me. Like I don't think he said anything about why. How could you know it was in anger. The only way I can think of that you'd know is if you are scum with him and he said something out of thread. Tell me why I'm wrong.

Something about Flubber's Elmo push feels unnatural to me. Like it's all about his read on Siv and that's it. I don't like it at all.

Anen, you make a good point that if Uct thinks Heph is scum, the Regfan vote is weird. Especially when all he says about it is that he is avenging Anatole and Regfan was the one leading that lynch. I was gonna point out that you are kind of doing the same thing going against a heph wagon while scum reading him but I guess letting him catch up is fair. I find myself agreeing with a lot of your reads. I think we did this yesterday too.

Anyway. I think one of heph and flubber is scum and the other is town. I think Uct is scum and he fits as a buddy with either of them. Muffin might still be scum, but not with heph. So that gives me either heph/uct/??? or flubber/uct/muffin. If heph and uct are scum, the third could be maybe a lurker or Elmo although Elmo doesn't look that bad. Maybe the aafter slot? But Uct is the only one that fits as scum no matter who else is and I kind of want to force everyone to take anopinion on him soooooo...

Vote Uct
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:43 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Maybe Hershey can be scum too, that'd be interesting.

Sal was completely angry at the end of Day 1 and replaced out at town incompetence. To me that's the most likely story. I find that Anatole likely did the same thing.

As far as my bromance with the Anatole slot, it's because I respect him as a player.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:45 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Hershey I probably missed your town reads, what do to have?

And I do not have much in terms of more than the town reads in 30ish pages as you point out, not much I can do there. I've started gaining more as I've been in the game, which is all I can do at this point to help.
Hershey Kiss
Hershey Kiss
Townie
Hershey Kiss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:50 am

Post by Hershey Kiss »

That seems like OMGUS that you are caling me scum now.

The point on Sal is that you seemed to know he replaced out because of anger. You weren't speculating until I asked. You stated it as fact.

As for town reads, siv and regfan are my top ones. Anen, Gameplay, and Saki are next tier.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:55 am

Post by uctriton00 »

I take that omgus back it was more out of anger.

Question, you are voting me because you want everyone to have an opinion of me. In your eyes, am I a sphere of influence over the game? If so, why?
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:57 am

Post by uctriton00 »

The main reason I find it odd is that I've been in the game for only really a dozen or so posts (and take into account I post a lot by not compacting everything into single posts), so I'm wondering what you see here in me or my slot which wants you to get the town looking at me.
Hershey Kiss
Hershey Kiss
Townie
Hershey Kiss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:00 am

Post by Hershey Kiss »

Why does being voted make you angry?

Wanting an opinion was only part of the vote. I want to give heph time to catch up. Your thing about Sal was weird and looked like you knew too much. Your post on the first 16 pages lacked a ton, including reads and reasons for the few reads you did provide. And I like Anen's point about your Regfan vote. But to answer your question, I mostly want opinions on you because most people haven't been able to give one yet and it's good to know where everyone stands.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:17 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 888, uctriton00 wrote:Maybe Hershey can be scum too, that'd be interesting.1
Sal was completely angry at the end of Day 1 and replaced out at town incompetence. To me that's the most likely story. I find that Anatole likely did the same thing.2
As far as my bromance with the Anatole slot, it's because I respect him as a player.3

(1) Is it an OMGUS or you think so because she agrees with some of my reads?
(2) You've been misinterpreting things. I didn't feel that Sala had left the game because he had got angry on the town. As for Anatole, I don't want to talk about it but he had no problems with the townies, in general.
(3) That's nice but, not a good gameplay. Respecting someone has nothing to do with the alignment. If I think someone's scum I'm trying to lynch them, regardless of the respect I show – and I expect others are doing the same.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:30 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 887, Hershey Kiss wrote:
Those saying muffin is obvtown (...)1
Something about Flubber's Elmo push feels unnatural to me. Like it's all about his read on Siv and that's it. I don't like it at all.2
(...)
Anyway. I think one of heph and flubber is scum and the other is town.3 I think Uct is scum and he fits as a buddy with either of them. Muffin might still be scum, but not with heph.5 So that gives me either heph/uct/??? or flubber/uct/muffin. If heph and uct are scum, the third could be maybe a lurker or Elmo although Elmo doesn't look that bad. Maybe the aafter slot? But Uct is the only one that fits as scum no matter who else is and I kind of want to force everyone to take anopinion on him soooooo...6

(1) Muffin's not obvtown according to my reads. I don't think he's scum but Salamence's late-Day1 posts, as I said, disturbed me.
(2) I've been telling the same thing. Maybe with more fluff. ^_^
(3) Many of us thinks so.
(4) F-ck, I don't know what have I wanted to comment here but there is no (4) right now...
(5) Why?
(6) Uctriton is my strongest scumread now. The more he posts the scummier he looks. Though I still haven't forgot Hephaestus and Flubber.
Hershey Kiss
Hershey Kiss
Townie
Hershey Kiss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:36 am

Post by Hershey Kiss »

I feel like people have called muffin town though.

Muffin/heph because heph was obsessed with Sal being scum and kind of seemed to be rolefishing him. If they are scum together, that's just a very good job of faking that and I don't think heph is the kind of player to pull that off.

And I agree with your number six.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 876, Regfan wrote:1) I'm reading Post 116 in a very different light to you, here's how I'm seeing it and the situation, last game Siv was scum in this setup he suggested scum all pick the same number, then said they can't actually do it because he wouldn't be able to explain picking a mundane number p much, that's what he's done this game though and it reads a lot like he's actually decided to follow through with the strategy this time.

two things about this

(a) that's the kind of awful idea i'd expect someone to think about and then not actually follow through with it, because it both destroys any chance they have of getting useful PRs (while giving town all the useful PRs) and doesn't even do much of anything (because no one looks at number choices as a way for clearing people except maybe in early game but even then, no) - it's basically betting the game on LOLWIFOM while giving town all the power they could ever want, which might seem like a good idea for all of 5 minutes but i doubt is something any scum team would ever actually choose to do

(b) he said this publicly, as in other people have read this, and while this doesn't necessarily mean he wouldn't ever do this (despite how awful a plan it actually is), it's an extremely silly reason to think it actually happened when he expressed this idea publicly

meh

it can be revisited after heph/flubber are dead, i guess, but i don't think that's what happened here

In post 876, Regfan wrote:2) I don't find any of his reads list to have any real backing and find a lot of his thoughts contradict each other

*shrug* i don't really see any logic leaps and a lot of the issues you expressed aren't actually that much of an issue imo (e.g. i remember you saying something about his anen read that was pretty meh and not really a stretch to see how he could go from what he said to leaning town on anen)

In post 876, Regfan wrote:3) His vote coming into today and his reasoning behind it (Trying to use the night kill as an excuse for a read) is something I have a lot of difficulty following

maybe. i'm trying to recall times i've ever seen scum do this and drawing blanks though (i know ive seen scum express suspicion based on NKA but i cant remember ever seeing scum kill someone and then vote someone else out the gate trying to pin blame on them)

*shrug*

would either be really bold or really dumb move as scum
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 873, Regfan wrote:You must have missed it / forgotten about it but I wanted your thoughts on Hersh too

more likely town than not

not particularly interested in making a town case here unless she's actually in contention for being lynched

i remember there was some post or posts or something you didn't like but i didn't really care about it when reading through
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:41 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 887, Hershey Kiss wrote:How could you know it was in anger. The only way I can think of that you'd know is if you are scum with him and he said something out of thread

. . . . .

i'm going to let you think about this for a minute until you understand how little sense this actually makes

Return to “Completed Open Games”