gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:34 am

Post by gossamer wings »

In post 687, Nashville Dreams wrote:The following is not a country song.

don't know why the stars fall from the sky
I don't know why the heavens open wide
Don't know where the winds of change will blow
But when I'm with you, I don't need to know
I wanna feel your feet lifting off the ground
Wanna feel you love me at the speed of sound
Babe, it could end tonight, know it would be alright
'Cause I'm gonna love you, somewhere on the other side

So like I'm in this mood and this song wasn't what I was looking for because I had another song in mind, but this one works too because its so fucking beautiful. I can't this show.

Anyways what I really meant to say is Tammy I'm going to look into what my partner thinks is a scum slip. I mean at first it pinged me because I remember Tammy and I once talking about how she caught nacho due to a very similar thing, but I got mixed signals there. Plus the fact she can't figure out that my partner switched it, not the head that was townreading Tammy prior to that.

I have no idea what this means. But from what I can glean: I have made no scum slip. It is impossible for me to make a scum slip considering I have a town role pm. I have no problem with you guys deciding to be a secret hydra and keeping your alts private because hey I like alts and come from a site that plays behind alts, but I'm going to call b. Fucking s. On you playing on a secret alt and then referencing conversations you and I have had. I don't know who you are, I don't know the conversation we had, so I can't place it or even defend myself from it. I've caught nacho based on some very specific things, and they tend to be gut and tone and his interaction with me or the ways in which he reads others. There is one instance where I read him on something specific, but my reasoning was something so specific and out there that the only people it nk I told were nacho, cabd, malakittens and empire. Not only have I not made the post in question, but Cabd's comodding, and I really doubt malakittens, nacho or empire is in that hydra or we wouldn't be going through this silly charade.

As for the other ways I read nacho you think are similar here, I have no idea why. Whichever one of your heads thinks you're an EXPERT in reading me just is not, is barking up the wrong tree, and is annoying me in the process.

Yeah, and if you're actually going to make a she's scum because she can't tell our heads apart in the process, when a.) you guys have been keeping your mains hidden, b) it's based on italicizing or not music lyrics, and c) the post I referred to literally claimed you guys had synced up I will scream. I took enough shit from mollie in the reckoning for LIEING because I couldn't tell her and Bert apart when I quoted a previous game.
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:36 am

Post by gossamer wings »

Oh I forgot to mention that it is somewhat unnerving and slightly suspicious that Nashville went Mia when challenged by someone not their hyper focus and when they do come back still only talk about me. I love being talked about and all, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:42 am

Post by gossamer wings »

Anyway, I need to actually get out of bed and get ready for work, but I read through baboon again last night and still keep coming back town. I'll explain it more when I get home tonight.

I do agree with Bork that that frustrated response to me looks townish, and falcon has seen a few other posts he likes, but it's bot something I feel super confident on. (This is about ft).
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:56 am

Post by gossamer wings »

Also if one of those heads is ffery I'm going to scream and declare you most probably scum. Because if ffery is in that hydra and either committed or didn't recognize the bullshit tactic that whichever itslicize head pulled on me with that hounding to give a scum read and thinks that's a reason to call me scum when it pissed me off when broseidon/desp and PV did it to her in tales, and hasn't said anything about it, then they are scum. There is no way no how a hydra with a town ffery in it thinks that's a way to read me.

And of its Bert fuck you. I actually wanted to keep from playing with you after time shift for awhile. You tell me right now if you're Bert, so I know to avoid you like the plague.

Actually, fuck it. The only people that I can think of that would reference ways I've caught nacho, would if town not be interacting with me this way.

VOTE: nashville
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:01 am

Post by gossamer wings »

and no this is not omgus and don't anyone dare to frame it that way. I have been amused with their hydra and have thought I would amuse them. Thought that one heads Tammy Hunter thing was cute.

HOWEVER, when they disappear, and then one head talks about conversations I've had with them about how I catch someone in particular then that's not just some cute little hydra who doesn't know me and is trying to read me because they've read games and thought they were good at it. That is someone who actually knows me, and is actively trying to derail the game. And that is complete BS that they are now referencing conversations I've had with them because they don't have to face any consequences or interrogating regarding their hydra because they're hiding behind it being SECRET.

I don't believe they way they're going about the game, with them supposedly actually knowing me comes from town at all.
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:06 am

Post by gossamer wings »

also if that is bert, they are pretty much confirmed scum, or completely twisted in the mind. Because if it is Bert, and he was hounding me like that for a suspect and thinking it means something after hounding the fuck out of me in Timeshift Mafia when I was confirmed fucking town so much to the point I replaced out so I wouldn't have to deal with him anymore, then he's either super fucking slow or scum.
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:09 am

Post by gossamer wings »

I have to go to work, but that does remind me.

Oh expert in my meta aka TAMMY HUNTER: Can you pretty please tell me what you think you hoped to gain by hounding me for a suspect?
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:30 am

Post by gossamer wings »

Maybe it is a little omgus, but I have relevant points.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:52 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

The stars at night
are big and bright
clap clap clap clap
deep in the heeeeeaart of texas

I'm catching up from the weekend, and my townreads now consist of two I'm pretty confident in - tammybugs and arthur fonzarelli.
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:43 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

Here's where I am on people:

Town

Lissa
: Basically I see three options

a) Lissa is town legitimately didn't have anything in her role PM about scum in the hood and wasn't afraid to say so
b) Lissa is scum who didn't have anything in her role about scum in the hood but was willing to take the chance that everyone else's role PM didn't look like 5-offs and it paid off
c) Lissa is scum who has some sort of thing in her role PM that exactly one person in the hood knows how many scum are in the hood
I think a is incredibly more likely than either b or c.

Tammy/F-16
: I have been seeing hints of Tammy town meta all game, but the thing that really gets me on reread is this post:

Spoiler:
In post 296, gossamer wings wrote:
In post 290, Cutty Shark wrote:Yeah I'm going to hold off till tomorrow

Just save it. I'm serious. I'd rather be able to work with your hydra this game and if it's going to be anything like your interaction with me tonight, it's going to make that near impossible.

So save it.

You're not going to change my play style. You're not going to make me feel shitty for sometimes posting music lyrics or pictures or videos in a game that represents how I'm feeling or a random thought. I'm not going to let you make me feel like shit about myself.

I'd rather be able to work with you and if you do anything like that, I won't be able to work with your hydra. If it bugs you that much we can avoid each other in games going forward, but we're here now, and I don't want this game to be made unpleasant.

This is almost carbon copy how they interacted with my slot in Vesperia after we did a (imo) really soft suspect of them. I remember thinking two things: 1) Tammy is overreacting like hell (which I am using here not to admonish her but to show how I think she has precedent for doing this) and 2) If this is fake it is a level of emotional manipulation ["Let's avoid each other from now on"] that I think is almost too, I dunno, unsportsmanlike. I think it is incredibly more likely these words were said in a bout of frustration.

Want to acknowledge that I like what F-16 is doing too even if I don’t trust myself to read him correctly (and our interaction this game is nothing like our interaction in 346 but that’s easily explained by the fact that he’s reading me correctly this time)

Mara/Ceph:

There's a lot going on here, but I think the gist is that they're genuinely pursuing what they believe is FT scum. was the first town hint I had on them really early, but since then I've seen I good amount of interaction with most slots. looked town too - I feel like scum might've felt they needed to justify all their reads right then and there, if not to FT then to the rest of the game.

I guess I just literally don't see anything scummy here. I don't buy anything related to mara's meta (in the sense that she's markedly different from timeshift II, but more on that later

Leaning Town

IHNC
: I had them as strong town due to the manner in which they asked the question about QT vs PT, which is something I don't think would have even occurred to scum who already knew which of the PT/QT systems we were using. The read is getting stale and it’s tempered a bit because of what F-16 brought up about minor inconsistencies about their take on the BP vs FT thing so they’re here and not up one.

Fonz
: I talked about him earlier and don’t want to rehash that; maybe one niggle I have on him is that he should be able to see that although our vote is kinda stale (and I admit this), I actively said that if I had a better spot for it that it would be there, which is pretty much his own position on FT. I think he feels his vote is permissible because FT is a major wagon and Flub is not, but I would hope he can see where I’m coming from here.\

FT
: I am the least comfortable with this read, but every time I feel like he’s trying to appease people (and I think there’s a decent amount of this in his ISO) he drops something like fucking which reads town as fuck. I wish Baboon and FT would reevaluate or back off for a bit or do something else and see how they feel. I see small niggles of uncertainty in FT about Baboon every once in a while, which makes me think he earnestly is trying to read them.

Barely leaning town

5-off
: role claim. In fact regarding the neighborhood: as such that there is a chance that there is mystery member #5 and/or some weird FakeGodesque thing where scum can see the PT but not post in it, I want to avoid finagling my reads on BP/FT/5-off/Lissa so that there has to be one scum there. It's too early in the game for that kind of stuff.

Null

Ree:
*shrug*
Honey Bee:
Not enough there to make any stance I'm really comfortable with. Her activity level here is commensurate with her activity level elsewhere on site.

Leaning Scum

Flubber
: ISO me. I’ve said all I really feel I want to say on them (and I acknowledge it's going nowhere for the moment)

Anatole
: I hate the way that Anatole is presenting Mara’s meta. The point he’s been making is that Mara is pushing FT for something that is both 1) untrue and 2) something that Mara did herself when town (debatable) and more importantly is AWARE she did when town (I’d hazard to even say doubtful). I’ve asked for some elaboration and he came back with ‘well she bickered with Mollie the whole time [and other people thought that (irrelevant)]' but you see absolutely no hints of that in what she’s doing here with FT? Isn’t what she is actually doing compared to her meta much more relevant to the discussion than the secondary argument about what she is or is not aware of in her own meta?

Nashville
: I haven’t understood their angle on Tammy the whole game, and I definitely don’t buy that GW’s recent interaction with FT is ‘buddying baboon’ or even has anything to do with Baboon. This looks like a narrative to make Tammy look scummy for being in the middle of the argument (which is barely what is happening here), where it just looks to me that it’s a combination of trying to get a handle on both sides of it and Tammy getting pissed about people trying to tell her how to scumhunt.

And I seriously don’t believe that Tammy’s 580 was enough to go from “both our slots are consensus reading tammy as leaning town” to “Ima vote these sumbitches cause buddying”

Also outside of Tammy they’ve done pretty much done no scumhunting. I see some reads but I see few explanations.

VOTE: Nashville

This has been hopefully the only wall I’ll make all game.

-b
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:45 am

Post by gossamer wings »

In post 554, Honey bee wrote:And @bork you mean 51? It's voting where your suspicions lie is the problem. I believe the person who taught me this described it as “not voting like a townie” and I promise you many scum are guilty of it. Do you want examples? I can give them to you.

I'd like to see those examples.

~ F-16
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:53 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 710, gossamer wings wrote:
In post 554, Honey bee wrote:And @bork you mean 51? It's voting where your suspicions lie is the problem. I believe the person who taught me this described it as “not voting like a townie” and I promise you many scum are guilty of it. Do you want examples? I can give them to you.

I'd like to see those examples.

~ F-16

I would too just to more clearly see what exactly you're trying to argue here

-b
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:56 am

In post 709, Cutty Shark wrote:
Anatole
: I hate the way that Anatole is presenting Mara’s meta. The point he’s been making is that Mara is pushing FT for something that is both 1) untrue and 2) something that Mara did herself when town (debatable) and more importantly is AWARE she did when town (I’d hazard to even say doubtful). I’ve asked for some elaboration and he came back with ‘well she bickered with Mollie the whole time [and other people thought that (irrelevant)]' but you see absolutely no hints of that in what she’s doing here with FT? Isn’t what she is actually doing compared to her meta much more relevant to the discussion than the secondary argument about what she is or is not aware of in her own meta?

I think you missed my point. It's not that she's aware of anything that's significant - it's that she's fabricating reasons to find guilt and it's obviously disingenuous because the attitude she found suspicious and ascribed guilt to is the same attitude she had as town. I'll defer to Tammy if she disagrees that there is a disconnect here and in timeshift, but it's something that stuck out to me early on.
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:56 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 703, gossamer wings wrote:And of its Bert fuck you. I actually wanted to keep from playing with you after time shift for awhile. You tell me right now if you're Bert, so I know to avoid you like the plague.

Fairly certain it's not Bert (I don't think Bert would try to read me on meta 2 pages into the game)

I might know who itali-head is but my stance on this is the same stance I had in GIF's touhou game with waynegg -- they desired to be anonymous, the mod agreed, and I am going respect the desire for privacy.

But I'm going to outright ignore any arguments they make about "I've got meta on yooooooooou~!"

-b
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:58 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 712, Anatole Kuragin wrote:it's that she's fabricating reasons to find guilt and it's obviously disingenuous because the attitude she found suspicious and ascribed guilt to is the same attitude she had as town.

I am not missing the point.

I have asked you multiple times to

1) show me how this is true (outside of really vague things like 'she was bickering with Mollie' - how does that even map to 'she is passive')
2) show me how she is aware that she played like this and is therefore hypocritical and not just ignorant?

-b
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:04 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

I mean here's another excerpt I pulled up in like 15 seconds:

Mara wrote:Pedit: what of it?

there is absolutely nothing in my play that should make mollie think "holy shit, mara is scum", and she should be thinking the exact opposite. It's blatantly obvious that I have been making posts that would bring pretty much nothing but attention to my slot, and I have never had the guts to do that as scum, because of what my mindset tends to be as scum, town, and PR

So I really doubt that her own view of her play is that it was passive or reactive

-b
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:10 am

In 15 seconds I could pull up 10 examples of passive or disinterested play from that game (it's the bulk of her ISO after the hydra dissolved), but you're right - it wouldn't prove her own impressions of her play - only mine so it doesn't necessarily support this case. You guys know her better than I do I guess.
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:15 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

Having a hydra player abandon me would probably demotivate me too, and I think that's a very different case than being passive out of the gate, but either way the more important thing is that I don't think your position on her is particularly tenable, nor do I think you're evaluating the fact that her actual play this game looks a lot like exactly what she was doing with mollie back there.

What are your other reads?

-b
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 am

Gossamer and Fonz are townreads.
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:17 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

I gathered that from you posting that a few posts ago. Anything else?

-b
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:17 am

I basically mislynch 100% of my games day 1 so I'm trying to reign that in a bit and focus on townreads early. I'm pretty happy with these townreads though.
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:25 am

Post by gossamer wings »

In post 642, Nashville Dreams wrote:
In post 634, Cutty Shark wrote:
In post 609, Nashville Dreams wrote:No. My final answer is you were buddying Baboon. Egging him to vote Four. How hard is it for you to type what you think Baboon and Four fighting is?

I see absolutely no evidence of this

-b

The post where they said "Nice scumhunting advice". It buddies Baboon and Eggs him on.

How does it do this? Also, I don't understand the flow of your read on us. Take me through how you went from calling us town to scum. Also, why are you trying to read Tammy to the exclusion of everyone else including me?

~ F-16
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:32 am

Post by gossamer wings »

In post 713, Cutty Shark wrote:
In post 703, gossamer wings wrote:And of its Bert fuck you. I actually wanted to keep from playing with you after time shift for awhile. You tell me right now if you're Bert, so I know to avoid you like the plague.

Fairly certain it's not Bert (I don't think Bert would try to read me on meta 2 pages into the game)

I might know who itali-head is but my stance on this is the same stance I had in GIF's touhou game with waynegg -- they desired to be anonymous, the mod agreed, and I am going respect the desire for privacy.

But I'm going to outright ignore any arguments they make about "I've got meta on yooooooooou~!"

-b

Yeah, maybe you're right, I dunno. I had no intention of even trying to figure the hydra out, but when one head says they've had a conversation with me about how I scumhunt someone and is trying to tie it to my alignment here, that's garbage. I can't know the conversation, the context of it, or how it does or doesn't apply here.
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:33 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 720, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I basically mislynch 100% of my games day 1 so I'm trying to reign that in a bit and focus on townreads early. I'm pretty happy with these townreads though.

Feels like a cop out man. I was wrong before => any scumhunting I might do D1 is likely going to be fruitless?

Like I'm partially townhunting too. Townhunting is awesome. It's not mutually exclusive with scumhunting.

You obviously are emitting a scumread on Baboon and have mentioned the cases on FT were bad. You were able to make these posts right as you came in. Why the cold feet now?

-b
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:34 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 722, gossamer wings wrote:but when one head says they've had a conversation with me about how I scumhunt someone and is trying to tie it to my alignment here, that's garbage.

Yeah, I understand.

-b

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”