LoL eSports Discussion

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:54 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1361, BROseidon wrote:TSM also have the advantage of having individually top-tier players, unlike C9

This is laughable. WildTurtle (as you stated), Amazing, and Dyrus are not anywhere close to world class/top tier.
In post 1365, BROseidon wrote:Metros and balls.

Sneaky is not on the level of deft, deft eu, imp, etc, and lemon's strength is what he brings outside of straight up mechanical skill.

Meteos & Balls are both world class obviously, but Hai/Lemon/Sneaky's synergy comes from the shot calling and rotations/map mechanics. Individual player skill matters less in competitive team games than team synergy. Case in point: Doublelift.
In post 1371, BROseidon wrote:Dyrus almost always goes even, and he's been doing fine vs Ackerman (who is very clearly a world-caliber player)

Amazing is world calibre on lee and Elise

The only thing Dyrus has going for him is his Renekton play. He had shitty games on any other top laner he tried this season (namely, Gragas, Lulu, and Shyvana). Also, saying he's "going even" in lanes versus the trash top laners in NA LCS doesn't really mean much. And it especially doesn't mean much when tons of games don't even have him GO to lane at the start.
green shirt thursdays
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:02 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 1374, Iecerint wrote:Amazing is pretty good on Lee. Not so much on Elise that I've noticed.

He's done better on Elise, IIRC. I mean, weren't both G5s against LMQ and C9 on Elise? And I'm decently sure that whatever his champ he was a good help in getting Bjergsen and Dyrus to duocarry in the vs. LMQ G5.

Even so, his champ pool is still very prohibitive. Banning him out is still viable (Elise and J4 still aren't really at high tiers for him, though Elise may get there before Worlds), but
maybe
not the best given that Bjergsen and WildTurtle can still be carries and Dyrus is kinda-maybe starting to be a 3rd threat for them, or at least getting on the positive side of being a consistent rock (or so I hope).

I'd probably still never put them past the Quarters, and definitely not past semis, but with how much they stepped up at PAX I'd say TSM could very well get 2nd in Group B, or even 1st.

P-EDIT: Did Dyrus even
play
Renekton in the summer? Also, you forgot Mundo. Even ignoring that G5 I still recall him having pretty good games on that.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:26 am

Post by dramonic »

Everytime someone says Meteos is top-tier, and angel loses his wings :(
On a more interesting note, Atlus is now the best caster for saying "Let's get down to business
to defeat the Huns
"
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:30 am

Post by GreyICE »

Dyrus reminds me of Homme. Everyone likes to discount him, but he's spent ages in the top lane, and simply nothing fazes him anymore. 4 man dive at 2:30? He's been through it. Someone playing Lee Sin top for the cheese? He's seen it. The return of Rumble? Been there, done that, got t-shirt.

No matter what you do, Dyrus will be getting farm, Dyrus is unlikely to die repeatedly without significant Jungler attention, you can leave Dyrus out to dry and he'll come through it alright. When it comes to teamfights he's not the shotcaller, but he listens to calls 100%, and when he's told to engage he engages damn well. It's not a style that wins solo queue and propels you to the top of challenger, but he's spent time in the high ranks, and he should not be discounted. Do I think he's the equal of Save? Perhaps. He's not as far off as people think.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:44 am

Post by pickemgenius »

man im good at saying nothing also.

this is really easy.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:01 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 1378, GreyICE wrote:Dyrus reminds me of Homme. Everyone likes to discount him, but he's spent ages in the top lane, and simply nothing fazes him anymore. 4 man dive at 2:30? He's been through it. Someone playing Lee Sin top for the cheese? He's seen it. The return of Rumble? Been there, done that, got t-shirt.

No matter what you do, Dyrus will be getting farm, Dyrus is unlikely to die repeatedly without significant Jungler attention, you can leave Dyrus out to dry and he'll come through it alright. When it comes to teamfights he's not the shotcaller, but he listens to calls 100%, and when he's told to engage he engages damn well. It's not a style that wins solo queue and propels you to the top of challenger, but he's spent time in the high ranks, and he should not be discounted. Do I think he's the equal of Save? Perhaps. He's not as far off as people think.

Yeah, pretty much this. I don't know why Reck dislikes him and Wildturtle so much.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:04 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 1375, xRECKONERx wrote: the trash top laners in NA LCS

Ackerman and Balls are super good, you even admitted to the latter. Seraph is also arguably super good (and Korean, since you guys value that so much) just not clicking yet with his team and NA.

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:06 am

Post by BROseidon »

Way to forget Quas.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:11 am

Post by Iecerint »

Wild Turtle is cute. ^^
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:11 am

Post by kdowns »

NA's tops from what I've seen aren't that bad and seem to be on equal ground for the most part, the two NA tops that I see get beaten the most are InnoX and Westrice.

Dyrus is a world class Top Laner, even Koreans and other regions have acknowledged this consistently.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:13 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 1380, Venmar wrote:I don't know why Reck dislikes him and Wildturtle so much.

Well I mean, Dyrus' attitude is absolutely terrible. Or was, he seems to have discovered humility during the summer split.
Disliking WildTurtle is like disliking Krepo. It means you're a bad person >:(
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:14 am

Post by Iecerint »

Ya Dyrus crying after LMQ or C9 or whatever it was was super sweet.

I call him Papa Bear whenever he shows up anywhere.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:15 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1381, Venmar wrote:Ackerman and Balls are super good, you even admitted to the latter. Seraph is also arguably super good (and Korean, since you guys value that so much) just not clicking yet with his team and NA.

Yes, so you've listed two people out of the 8 teams in the LCS. Seraph isn't actually that good IMO. Balls & Ackerman are the only two I'd consider great top laners in NA, and the rest are all very lackluster.

I don't dislike Dyrus or Turtle as people, wtf is this shit? I just don't think they're as good as others mechanically (since apparently individual mechanics are how we judge a team).
green shirt thursdays
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:16 am

Post by Iecerint »

Seraph is a pretty good player, but he made a name for himself using strategies that CLG doesn't ever utilize.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:17 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

If we were going just off of personalities, TSM would be my favorite team, bar none. Watching them goof around and watching them bond is fantastic. As far as just being of a fan of the team/mechanics, it's gotta be C9, though. They just consistently put on exciting games.
green shirt thursdays
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:22 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1387, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 1381, Venmar wrote:Ackerman and Balls are super good, you even admitted to the latter. Seraph is also arguably super good (and Korean, since you guys value that so much) just not clicking yet with his team and NA.

Yes, so you've listed two people out of the 8 teams in the LCS. Seraph isn't actually that good IMO. Balls & Ackerman are the only two I'd consider great top laners in NA, and the rest are all very lackluster.

I don't dislike Dyrus or Turtle as people, wtf is this shit? I just don't think they're as good as others mechanically (since apparently individual mechanics are how we judge a team).

Quas
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:22 am

Post by BROseidon »

I don't actually get why people outside the super high level hardcore people always overlook Quas
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:25 am

Post by pickemgenius »

cause he plays for curse.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:29 am

Post by zoraster »

I watched much of that TSM gamecrib or whatever and I can't really figure out why people like their personalities, except maybe WildTurtle (admittedly, the roster has changed a ton since then. maybe the new guys are a lot of fun, not sure). Cloud9 seems way more likable to me if personal likability is the reason to root for a team.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:39 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1392, pickemgenius wrote:cause he plays for curse.

And is their best player.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:40 am

Post by GreyICE »

By the by, Venmar, despite being solidly on the Korean Hype Train (I've watched every OGN game this season, and the quality difference is real and noticeable. It doesn't mean that other regions are "less fun" but it's quite like watching the challenger scene versus the LCS) I did pick 3 Western teams to go on. This is why I didn't pick the others:

C9
- Cloud 9 has high individual skill from Balls and Hai, Meteos is good (despite the hate), but they make their money on their teamplay. They were, for the two splits in the LCS they were noted for their ability to come back from early game deficits with great teamfighting, and teamfighting has remained their strong point. But they're up against NJWS. NJWS is where they are because they are the best team at minion wave manipulation in the world (yes, the very, very best). They have rigid discipline, and are perfectly able to use map movement and rotations combined with minion wave control to crush down turrets in lanes they're not even in. They're playing Cloud 9's game, but they're better at it. Alliance? They just have a higher level of individual skill in all positions. That's why the team was formed - godlike individual skill in all positions. They've meshed that with good teamfighting. C9 teamfights better, but I don't see Alliance falling behind early, which means that teamfights will be an item war.

LMQ
- They're green, it shows. Their group is simply too strong for them to rise above. There's an outside chance, but they're against Fnatic, OMG, and SSB. They can't beat blue, meaning they need to get both OMG and Fnatic, and I just don't see that happening.

SK
- TSM, Royal Club, TPA. Are they the equal of any of these teams? I can't really say they are. They're just flat the weakest team in their group.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:42 am

Post by Iecerint »

Quas is cute. ^^
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:43 am

Post by pickemgenius »

tsm
*was*
are a bunch of bros just being bros playing league of legends.

admittedly the baylife had been low throughout this past season, but the last few weeks of lcs they seem to have found some of the baylife again.

PEDIT:

And he plays for curse. idk curse isn't exciting. quas as a personality isn't exciting.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:47 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 1382, BROseidon wrote:Way to forget Quas.

I was actually thinking of saying Quas, since he does have some of the best stats in NA. However I think Quas is more of a teamplayer than anything, than a carry player.

In post 1387, xRECKONERx wrote:
I don't dislike Dyrus or Turtle as people, wtf is this shit?\

I don't think I said that, I apologize if I did. I meant as players.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I meant dram
green shirt thursdays

Return to “The Arcade”