Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:00 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 999, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 847, farside22 wrote:Someone who doesn't think chaos/beli are scum together need to sell me on scum motivation from beli not looking to self preserve

explain to me what you meant/were asking here farside. when you posted this, did you think bel and chaos are a scum team or not.

I meant to post who does, not doesn't.
I was asking those who had them as scum together thought it was scum motivation.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:17 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

In post 1000, farside22 wrote:

I meant to post who does, not doesn't.
I was asking those who had them as scum together thought it was scum motivation.

thought i caught you in a lie..or at least something didnt make sense to me.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:06 am

Post by Titus »

In post 998, acryon wrote:
In post 997, Titus wrote:Scrambles stop avoiding me.

If you are referring to you questioning him about linking his completed games and time-frames, you could have easily done it yourself in the time you've been waiting.

Not if he has played on other sites with usernames. I want this for a reason.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:18 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1002, Titus wrote:
In post 998, acryon wrote:
In post 997, Titus wrote:Scrambles stop avoiding me.

If you are referring to you questioning him about linking his completed games and time-frames, you could have easily done it yourself in the time you've been waiting.

Not if he has played on other sites with usernames. I want this for a reason.

Well you didn't specify that in the question, and I certainly wouldn't glean from your question that you were expecting links to games outside this site. Kind of great lengths for someone to go to so you can analyze their meta, which is often useless anyway. To be honest, if I had games on other sites, I probably wouldn't bother to go and find them to give to you either. I thought it was your VCA that was world-class; where is that?
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:51 am

Post by Amy Farrah Fowler »

Replies in bold.

In post 984, ChannelDelibird wrote:OK, let's get into details about why I think Amy is probably scum. This is the expanded version of my notes from time of replace in; I'll go over Amy's latest contributions next.

--

This post is oddly over-explainy for a non-newbie game, which leads me to suspect that Amy is more interested in presenting a squeaky-clean image than is normal for town.
I like to call that reasoning, but... whatever floats your boat.

Here Amy frames Belisarius's prime purpose as gaining "towncred", which doesn't sit right with me. If Belisarius is town, then his main purpose is to lynch scum, not to gain towncred. If Belisarius's purpose was to gain towncred for himself rather necessarily than get his target lynched, then that would be indicative of scum - but, although Amy is voting for Belisarius already, she's not addressing him like scum here. Town finding further proof of a scumread like this say to everyone else "hey, look, this guy's trying in vain to gain towncred!", not "this isn't the way to gain towncred, man". This reads like an awkward interaction between buddies, where Amy is leaving room for Belisarius to buck up his ideas.
Maybe I'm just tired but I don't get WTF you're on about here, sorry.

This is an example of what I previously referred to as Amy appearing to already know people's alignments. It's an extremely spurious reason to townread somebody and feels much more like Amy trying to ingratiate herself with the town than it does like a really considered read.
Other people townread him for that too, go pick on them. And I read him as town for that due to the reasons I stated there and then. I really can't see how that shows that I 'know other people's alignments'.

I also think it's telling that absolutely nobody engages with this Toby post. It's a post that goes against the grain of most people's last stated Amy reads at the time, but nobody points out how random or strange it is? I think scum would be happier to just leave that alone and hope it goes away rather than either explicitly throw down a read or attempt to somehow act like they know why Toby is saying it.
The way I saw that was a semi-joke and not really something realistic that she intended to actually happen, as seen via the reasoning and such. Try harder.

So Amy comes in at the start of Day 2, all high and mighty about how it's a travesty that Skelda got lynched over Belisarius, it should have gone through, can't believe you didn't listen to me etc etc etc. But where was she to push it through? There were over three days between Amy's last post of Day 1 and the lynch scene. Worse than that, the last time that you could even generously say that Amy actively pushed to promote a Belisarius lynch was this - POST 99. Everybody gets busy sometimes, something which I certainly appreciate given my record, but I'm just not seeing the conviction in getting it done that Amy would have us believe was there all along.
I don't believe I was 'high and mighty' in that post. I provided reasons for not being there, stop picking on me for that, it's pretty unfair, I'd have been there if I could have.

This is the start of an absurd angle of attack that also bothers me about Amy. It is not at all healthy to be so absolute about lining up scumlynches before a single one of those reads has flipped, when god knows what happens in between Days to affect how you go. Scum are more likely to see the longer picture for lynches because they know that they have to get a certain amount of town players lynched before them in order to win.
That was my theory, I went with it, I want to lynch you to follow through but that's not going to happen. I worked it out that way, and I was fine with it.

Here's Amy not saying anything. I don't buy it when Amy says that she's happy for the discussion to be dominated by the Chaos wagon instead, because it's inconsistent with the tone of her post at the start of the Day decrying our failure to get Belisarius the day before and demanding that we put it right that day. It's yet another sign that Amy doesn't believe in the Belisarius lynch anywhere near as much as she would have us believe and is, IMO, a sign that you should be extremely wary when people encourage you to believe that I could be one of Belisarius's buddies.
The tone of my post does not match up to that, that was my honest input at the time.
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:59 am

All in all, CDB's reasoning is shit, no other way to put it. I feel like he either read many of the posts out of context and tries to make them appear scummy. He criticizes me for a 'complex' scumread and yet the reasoning behing the 'scumminess' of some of my posts needs a lot of imagination to be taken seriously.
You're also using a lot of negative adjectives which make the things I do seem all the worse. It's a mix of an overreaction with overstating some things.

Does nobody else see anything. Somebody just lynch him, he'll flip scum and you'll all be grateful.
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:02 am

I'm slowly convincing myself to replace out. I stopped having fun when CDB came in, he's a jerk, I'm taking this way too seriously and I have better things to do with my spare time than getting upset with morons on a message board.

On the other hand replacing out can be considered bad in my situation and no doubt someone will yell at me for it. Nevertheless if I get this annoyed/upset again I'm going.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:11 am

read this case again and....

In post 1004, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:
Replies in bold.

In post 984, ChannelDelibird wrote:

This is an example of what I previously referred to as Amy appearing to already know people's alignments. It's an extremely spurious reason to townread somebody and feels much more like Amy trying to ingratiate herself with the town than it does like a really considered read.
Other people townread him for that too, go pick on them. And I read him as town for that due to the reasons I stated there and then. I really can't see how that shows that I 'know other people's alignments'.

I also think it's telling that absolutely nobody engages with this Toby post. It's a post that goes against the grain of most people's last stated Amy reads at the time, but nobody points out how random or strange it is? I think scum would be happier to just leave that alone and hope it goes away rather than either explicitly throw down a read or attempt to somehow act like they know why Toby is saying it.
The way I saw that was a semi-joke and not really something realistic that she intended to actually happen, as seen via the reasoning and such. Try harder.

So Amy comes in at the start of Day 2, all high and mighty about how it's a travesty that Skelda got lynched over Belisarius, it should have gone through, can't believe you didn't listen to me etc etc etc. But where was she to push it through?......

couple questions CD....

where does Amy indicate she knows alignments? I looked at that post...it isnt anything more than any one else did. Why that whole day was full of people saying such and such looks town.

In post 116, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:
In post 111, SnugglyDuckling wrote:
In post 53, Mr_Blonde wrote:Generally players that hand out reads for seemingly arbitrary reasons get the stink eye from me.

Fair enough but I rarely find reasons to suspect people other than arbitrary ones so prepare to give me a lot of stink eyes.

Townpoints for the above post.

While I partially agree with acryon and hope you find some legitimate reasons too, this post jumps out to me as towny, if only because I can't really see scum, especially newbie scum, replying in that way.

ummm, so snuggly/titus has not flipped, by saying that Amy knows alignments and here is proof, you are saying that Snuggly must be town. How do YOU know that Snuggly is town? IF Snuggly flips scum, then this point in your Amy case doesnt make any sense whats so ever. Care to explain?

Also lets say she was all high and mighty??...is that scummy? She was one of the first 2 people on the Bel wagon day 2...She had plenty of time to come off of it.

_______

Also AAF, please answer my questions.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:16 am

In post 1006, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:I'm slowly convincing myself to replace out. I stopped having fun when CDB came in, he's a jerk, I'm taking this way too seriously and I have better things to do with my spare time than getting upset with morons on a message board.

On the other hand replacing out can be considered bad in my situation and no doubt someone will yell at me for it. Nevertheless if I get this annoyed/upset again I'm going.

well this is all types of bullshit. Consider this post "yelling".

you are basically saying "people leave me alone or I am taking my ball and going home". THIS IS THE GAME! I get why you might be upset (that is why I retired years ago). BUT YOU FINISH YOUR COMMITMENT.

What exactly is bothering you right? CD case against you? Why?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:16 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Amy, I apologise if I've stopped you from having fun in this game - please be assured that this is the last thing that I would want to do. I haven't at any point sought to personally offend you or argue against you for anything personal; my arguments (whether or not you see them as valid) are only related to your actions in this thread and how I feel they are likely to reflect on your alignment.

As I've said, I appreciate that my most recent sequence of posts is perhaps obnoxiously long, but this is a game of mafia, in which your actions are going to be subject to scrutiny. You say I'm "picking on you" and it absolutely isn't meant to be that at all; this is just me attempting to find scum and explain to people why I've come to those conclusions. If there is something specific that I've done that you feel has crossed a line in that regard, please let me know what it is and I shall be careful not to do it again - I really can't stress enough how much I don't want to be somebody who is taking the fun out of this game. Hell, I am totally willing to admit that I could be wrong about you (I'm wrong plenty often) but, for as long as I think your being scum is the most likely explanation for things that are happening in this thread, I will be arguing for your lynch.
#greenshirtthursdays
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:17 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1006, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:I'm slowly convincing myself to replace out. I stopped having fun when CDB came in, he's a jerk, I'm taking this way too seriously and I have better things to do with my spare time than getting upset with morons on a message board.

I am very confused at this... You're acting like you have never played a game of mafia before and you are taking this all very personally for someone that has played before.

Let's make some things very clear. Whether CDB is right or wrong, or his reasoning is right or wrong, he is not a jerk for presenting a case.
This is a game.
Honestly, your response has done far more to convince me that you are scum than his case has, because it is very hard to believe that someone who has played mafia before would react so foolishly to someone calling them scum.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:18 am

edit.."what is exactly bothering you right now? CD's Case against you? Why?"
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:19 am

and while you are here playing "nice" CD...answer my question in regards to your case.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:20 am

In post 1012, curiouskarmadog wrote:and while you are here playing "nice" CD...answer my question in regards to your case.

Don't worry, I did see them while I was previewing that post above. I am technically on shift right now and wouldn't have responded immediately if I hadn't thought it important to say the above quickly and clearly. It is quiet, though, so I should be able to get to them soon.
#greenshirtthursdays
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:23 am

In post 966, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 948, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:

And last but not least, I'm happy with my 'elaborate' triple scumread. It works, and I connected the dots that way, and we have one scum down.
You're scum #2, I know that much.
CKD has been slowly reducing in scumminess, although I'm not happy with that. I think I'm less inclined to scumread people who contribute a lot of non-fluff. But I'm still aware of the associative tell (or at least that's kind of how I interpreted it) and with Beli flipping scum, I'm going to point out that that's still out there.

(consider this comment a reverse WIFOM post)Okay going to help you out there a little bit. As Scum, I also post a lot of “non-fluff”, if you meta my scum games, you will see that I will go after a scum buddy mightily if I feel like they might be coming off scummy to the town. So I know you are saying I am townish for non-fluff posting, but I am telling you I do that as scum too. Now that I am telling you this, what are your thoughts on me now? Still less inclined to scumread me?

In post 588, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:
CKD = scum then Beli = scum (defence of Beli, deflected wagon)
Beli = scum then Chaos = scum (protectiveness, made up an imaginary wagon earlier in the game), a little more so than CKD (as mentioned above)
Chaos = scum then Beli = Scum (defence, as mentioned above)

I guess I am confused how I got downgraded in my scumminess between 588 and 948. I mean with Bel flipping scum, given your rationale I should have been MORE scummy right?

I am asking this, because I am trying to understand your reasoning for scumreads (for everyone/or in general/for CD) in this game.

Nonono, I'm not using non-fluff as a towntell. It's just a personal irk, whereby I automatically feel less inclined to lynch someone if they're posting things I deem as logical. But generally I try not to let that affect my reads.
So yes, by standardized reasoning you should be more scummy in my mind. Despite that my townread on you has been growing, although I'm still not dismissing you as town. And I'm much less inclined to lynch you as opposed to CDB.
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:25 am

In post 1011, curiouskarmadog wrote:edit.."what is exactly bothering you right now? CD's Case against you? Why?"

I don't know...

People aren't listening to me, and I know how dumb that sounds but I'm going with that.
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:27 am

Sorry, the CDB stuff is formulating itself into logical sentences in my head so there may be bitty case posts:

Generally town don't need to add extra negative adjectives to get their point across. And scum have to fabricate reasons for scumreads.
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:27 am

In post 1008, curiouskarmadog wrote:

well this is all types of bullshit. Consider this post "yelling".

you are basically saying "people leave me alone or I am taking my ball and going home". THIS IS THE GAME! I get why you might be upset (that is why I retired years ago). BUT YOU FINISH YOUR COMMITMENT.

I know, I know, that's why I'm staying.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:30 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1016, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:Generally town don't need to add extra negative adjectives to get their point across. And scum have to fabricate reasons for scumreads.

I don't know that I quite agree with this. I often see town using added negative adjectives to get their point across. Especially with a reluctant town, you sometimes need to do this to get people on board a wagon that you know is the right one. In your case, since you were town-read by most people, it may take some negative adjectives to help overcome that initial read people had on you.
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:31 am

In post 1018, acryon wrote:
In post 1016, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:Generally town don't need to add extra negative adjectives to get their point across. And scum have to fabricate reasons for scumreads.

I don't know that I quite agree with this. I often see town using added negative adjectives to get their point across. Especially with a reluctant town, you sometimes need to do this to get people on board a wagon that you know is the right one. In your case, since you were town-read by most people, it may take some negative adjectives to help overcome that initial read people had on you.

Understandable, but surely if CDB's case was solid then those wouldn't have been necessary despite anything else at the time.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:37 am

Amy, could you please respond to 1009 in some way; I am hesitant to say much more until we have some sort of understanding on the subject.
#greenshirtthursdays
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:38 am

Nothing's crossed a line, just roll with it.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:40 am

OK, well then I definitely don't understand why I'm being called names and I'd appreciate it if you took a little more time to think about your posts if that's going to be a regular thing.
#greenshirtthursdays
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:44 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 962, Titus wrote:Scarmbles, random question. Can you link me to all finished games you have and include the proximate timeframe.

I actually have no finished games on mafiascum.
I just finished one on a different site and im currently modding a game.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:49 am

Post by scrambles »

I dont see how anyone sees amy as scum. Maybe a reread for some players is in order

Return to “Completed Open Games”