Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:51 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1197, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 1194, acryon wrote:Everything is within the context of a game; you can't try to exclude that. In the game we are in, no one has done it nearly as much as her, and given the rest of her posting history, her numerous naked reads are especially bad.

'Within the context of this game'
does not matter
. You are alleging that no town player would do this; that is an argument pertaining to a player's overall approach to participation in a game, which means that it is necessarily a universal argument, that could be applied in any given game, not just this one. 'She's doing Thing X more so than everyone else in this game'
is not the same
as 'She's more likely to do Thing X as scum than town'.

Stop saying "overall approach." Her naked reads this game have nothing to do with an approach; the vast majority of her posting is fluffy reads without reason. That's not an approach; that's scum trying to appear active and involved, but ultimately offering nothing.

In post 1199, Titus wrote:Wow. Most of my townreads in this game haven't bern naked at all. :o

Y'all should realize acryonis very defensive for a guy with zero votes.

Interesting, because IIRC I quoted a whole bunch of them that were, in fact, naked.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:52 am

Post by scrambles »

what's naked?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:52 am

Post by acryon »

CDB - Are you trying to tell me that posting without actual substance with such repetition like Titus has isn't a scum-tell on any level?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:53 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 1195, acryon wrote:@CDB: Let's flip the script then. Why do you think she is town?

My argument is not that she's town, it's that you are not presenting a single good reason why she is more likely to be scum than town. I am arguing that the things that she is doing that you are calling scummy are in fact pretty damn null.

However, separately to that, I am leaning town on Titus mainly because I actually think it's relatively easy to figure out the thought processes behind her stated reads if you actually consider them. I've also already mentioned that, if Amy were to flip scum, I would think it more likely that Titus would be town in that scenario, though that's beside the current point.
#greenshirtthursdays
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:55 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1203, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 1195, acryon wrote:@CDB: Let's flip the script then. Why do you think she is town?

My argument is not that she's town, it's that you are not presenting a single good reason why she is more likely to be scum than town. I am arguing that the things that she is doing that you are calling scummy are in fact pretty damn null.

However, separately to that, I am leaning town on Titus mainly because I actually think
it's relatively easy to figure out the thought processes behind her stated reads if you actually consider them
. I've also already mentioned that, if Amy were to flip scum, I would think it more likely that Titus would be town in that scenario, though that's beside the current point.

:facepalm: Really? Go ahead and explain some of those for me then. Especially if she is scum, then you "figuring out the thought processes" is completely wrong anyway.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:56 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Most people don't go out of their way to make a big spiel about why they are town reading another player. That's one of the problems I had with Riddle's case against CDK: Riddle was comparing CDK's in-depth scum cases with CDK's less-in-depth town reads. Apples and oranges.

For a minimalist playstile like Titus has, it's not uncommon to see "<other player> is town" and not much else. So what? Who cares? If that other player flips scum, then it becomes relevant as to why Titus was reading that other player as town. If Titus later decides that that other player is scum, then it becomes relevant as to why Titus was previously reading that other player as town and why the switch. Until either of those events happen, though, a naked town call is null.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:57 am

Post by Green Crayons »

CDK = CKD*, my bad
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:57 am

In post 1198, Green Crayons wrote:
@CDB:

In post 1180, ChannelDelibird wrote:OK. This is why I'm coming around to an acryon vote. CKD, consider this as a start to answering your question about 'who are the scum who wanted an Amy wagon to succeed?' in post 1147.

Eh? Only CDB, farside, and Riddle were on the Amy-wagon (per ).

Huh. I'd actually not realised that acryon had never voted for Amy. I had simply assumed that from posts like this and this that he must have been, as well as reactions like this and this to Amy's emotional blowup.
#greenshirtthursdays
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:58 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1205, Green Crayons wrote:Most people don't go out of their way to make a big spiel about why they are town reading another player. That's one of the problems I had with Riddle's case against CDK: Riddle was comparing CDK's in-depth scum cases with CDK's less-in-depth town reads. Apples and oranges.

For a minimalist playstile like Titus has, it's not uncommon to see "<other player> is town" and not much else. So what? Who cares? If that other player flips scum, then it becomes relevant as to why Titus was reading that other player as town. If Titus later decides that that other player is scum, then it becomes relevant as to why Titus was previously reading that other player as town and why the switch. Until either of those events happen, though, a naked town call is null.

But it wasn't just her town-reads. She wasn't providing anything for her scum-reads either. It's just that her town-reads were
so
prevalent and never had even a single reason behind them.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:58 am

In post 1196, scrambles wrote:
In post 1190, ChannelDelibird wrote:Scrambles, I ask because this is the most recent post of yours that I can find on an iso-scan declaring your list of scumreads (though acknowledging that you've since moved me to null-pending); let me know if I'm missing one. But now you're accusing Riddleton of "deliberately distorting content". So is
Riddleton on your scumlist now?
What does that mean for Titus and CKD?

Yeah that was only four hours ago. Someone doesn't just switch slots over one post.

So you think he was "deliberately distorting content" but is not scummy?
#greenshirtthursdays
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:59 am

Post by Green Crayons »

She had two scum reads: scrambles and you. I'm pretty sure she explained her read on scrambles, and you dismissed it as bad. She called you scum after quoting a particular post of yours, so it's not hard to deduce why she thought you were scum (the reason: that post).

Working from memory.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:01 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 1209, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 1196, scrambles wrote:
In post 1190, ChannelDelibird wrote:Scrambles, I ask because this is the most recent post of yours that I can find on an iso-scan declaring your list of scumreads (though acknowledging that you've since moved me to null-pending); let me know if I'm missing one. But now you're accusing Riddleton of "deliberately distorting content". So is
Riddleton on your scumlist now?
What does that mean for Titus and CKD?

Yeah that was only four hours ago. Someone doesn't just switch slots over one post.

So you think he was "deliberately distorting content" but is not scummy?

Did I say that?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:02 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1210, Green Crayons wrote:She called you scum after quoting a particular post of yours, so it's not hard to deduce why she thought you were scum (the reason: that post).

Working from memory.

Sorry to say that didn't happen.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:02 am

In post 1211, scrambles wrote:
In post 1209, ChannelDelibird wrote:So you think he was "deliberately distorting content" but is not scummy?

Did I say that?

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p6278039
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:02 am

MOD: Could we have a prod on TobyLoby, please?
#greenshirtthursdays
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:02 am

Post by Green Crayons »

scrambles, you have gotten feisty.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:02 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1208, acryon wrote:
In post 1205, Green Crayons wrote:Most people don't go out of their way to make a big spiel about why they are town reading another player. That's one of the problems I had with Riddle's case against CDK: Riddle was comparing CDK's in-depth scum cases with CDK's less-in-depth town reads. Apples and oranges.

But it wasn't just her town-reads. She wasn't providing anything for her scum-reads either. It's just that her town-reads were
so

I have been providing them.

Look at my iso. You can literally read a chain of thought. But hey keep selling the useless discredit.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:03 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1212, acryon wrote:
In post 1210, Green Crayons wrote:She called you scum after quoting a particular post of yours, so it's not hard to deduce why she thought you were scum (the reason: that post).

Working from memory.

I beg to differ:
In post 1050, Titus wrote:
In post 990, acryon wrote:
In post 989, ChannelDelibird wrote:
Kudos to both Beli and one of CDB's posts for instantly making everyone vote for me. I'm not even going to bother right now because clearly I'm getting lynched. Yes I'm giving up, yes it's bad, but I completely lose it when people vote me when I'm town. WIFOM alert, but as scum I tend to actually play to my wincon in these situations and try to get the wagon off me.

Examples, please!

I'd also like to point out that it seems very odd that someone would "completely lose it" when people vote them as town. Multiple townies are usually mislynched every game. Does it suck? Yes, but it happens every game. It seems odd to have such a reaction to something that happens
all the time

Probably scum. I lose it frequently as town is I am the mislynch. My losing it is usually relative to the amount of confidence I have in my team nailing the other scum.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:05 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1217, Green Crayons wrote:

Working from memory.

I beg to differ:
Kudos to both Beli and one of CDB's posts for instantly making everyone vote for me. I'm not even going to bother right now because clearly I'm getting lynched. Yes I'm giving up, yes it's bad, but I completely lose it when people vote me when I'm town. WIFOM alert, but as scum I tend to actually play to my wincon in these situations and try to get the wagon off me.

Examples, please!

I'd also like to point out that it seems very odd that someone would "completely lose it" when people vote them as town. Multiple townies are usually mislynched every game. Does it suck? Yes, but it happens every game. It seems odd to have such a reaction to something that happens
all the time

Probably scum. I lose it frequently as town is I am the mislynch. My losing it is usually relative to the amount of confidence I have in my team nailing the other scum.

So then her reason why she is ok to lynch me is because I thought Amy losing it in the manner she did to be scummy? That's even worse.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:06 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 1213, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 1211, scrambles wrote:
In post 1209, ChannelDelibird wrote:So you think he was "deliberately distorting content" but is not scummy?

Did I say that?

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p6278039

Grats, you know how to link posts.
Again, did I say that?
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:06 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 1215, Green Crayons wrote:scrambles, you have gotten feisty.

I actually kinda like arguing. :D
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:08 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1216, Titus wrote:
In post 1208, acryon wrote:

so

I have been providing them.

Look at my iso. You can literally read a chain of thought. But hey keep selling the useless discredit.

Also, you cannot read the chain of thought. And anyone that thinks you can is doing some *creative* dot-connecting, which is probably propped up by their own thoughts rather than what you have actually provided.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:08 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 1217, Green Crayons wrote:

Working from memory.

I beg to differ:

Examples, please!

all the time

She was talking about Amy.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:09 am

In post 1219, scrambles wrote:Grats, you know how to link posts.
Again, did I say that?

This is a really annoying shtick to be using here. You clearly implied that he was doing so, so if it was a joke could you please just fucking say as much and let me drop one of the many lines of inquiry that I am currently trying to juggle coherently?
#greenshirtthursdays
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:10 am

Post by Riddleton »

Perhaps, but I have evidence to suggest otherwise. He made a post where he asked Chaos to explain his townread of Amy. This implies two things:-
1) He has an opinion regarding his townread of Amy (and not just a vague hunch)
2) He values people to express their opinions on towmreads
as well
as scumreads.

Return to “Completed Open Games”