Not Voting (1)-
droog

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-11-06 22:00:00)
- Nov 6th 22:00 GMT
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:20 am

Post by Fink »

In post 1216, Bert wrote:
In post 1209, Fink wrote:Honeymoon is over.

I ain't in no relationship! Seriously, I've been waiting for someone to pressure my slot for a while. What took you so long to be visibly wary about my cool indifference? :dead:

I was a little suspicious of your predecessor anyway, but I was really waiting for you to say something of substance because I wasn't sure you'd even really caught up yet. And because we had two wagons I found to be very very scummy, it seemed like the focus should be on them.

WHen you later claim that I had your slot on a honeymoon or whatever you said, I was merely talking about my tolerance for your slot being cooly indifferent. Bins and DCXVI were already people worth talking about. But I was waiting for you to take some real stances and make some comments and eventually gave up. That's what I meant.

In post 1202, Fink wrote:I don't think Thor would have tunneled so long and hard as scum on just the one player, for weeks on end, but I'm not really sure, I think that merits some looking into. I'll try to find something, but any thoughts from you Bert?

This part about Thor and his meta seems so deceptive to me. like a scumhunting facade. What exactly do you hope to achieve by looking at Thor's past games?

I thought I was clear on what I wanted to achieve. My instinct was to townread Thor for something, but then I remembered all the talk about him being hard to read and thought maybe this isn't a town thing. And I was going to go look, had some trouble, and then Thor essentially confirmed for me that it's not a town-or-scum thing for him. So I'm not townreading him for that anymore, it's null.

Can you clarify what you think is deceptive about that? It seems like offers to do more work (which I
have
been doing) are being routinely met with scumreads, while we aren't punishing people for blatantly
lying
being mistaken, or not bothering to read previous days.

And you're the third person to accuse me of not scumhunting, ignoring most of what I've said since replacing in, why hypocritically not doing much yourself.

At least one of Bert/Phil/Droog must be town by simple mathematics, so it bothers me that they all like to accuse people that are scumhunting of being scum for not scumhunting, especially while being useless themselves.

But I don't believe they can all be town.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:14 am

Post by Fink »

In post 1224, Bert wrote:@Fink Re: 1209: what did DCL do to dispel suspicion? He went on what you call a 'honeymoon.' I haven't dispelled suspicion, and neither did my predecessor. Also - Why would holding off on posting reads until the flip be a means for extra town credit? I don't understand.

Never said he was on a honeymoon, was talking about the period of waiting for you with that comment.

By dispel suspicion I meant that some people were less-than-thrilled with Bins entrance and seemed to be eyeing the slot. DCLXVI came in and posted a very lengthy and not that helpful analysis of the game thus far, and it served to at least impress at least Droog (Why doesn't anything
I
do every impress you Droog? :( ) and seemingly a few others as I recall. But after that he started to slack off terribly.

Regarding the holding off on reads until after the flip, what I meant was that he was implying a lot more scumhunting and Important Thoughts than it turned out he had ever had. The many things he was holding off on saying sounded like he had some grand scum catch or case or analysis of the wagon, but it turned out all it was was "I don't have any reads, was waiting for the flip" which is bullshit. Any of us could have said that. But he made himself look good short term, which seems like the kind of thing one might do if you wanted to make sure people didn't question the mislynch wagon you started too much and wanted to stay out of the spotlight the next day.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:21 am

Post by Fink »

In post 1229, Phillammon wrote:I think the day will be over by saturday because I have empirical proof that there's sufficient people willing to vote for me to get me quicklynched if that's what they want.

I want to lynch you, but I don't want to quicklynch you. We have a new piece of information in Bob/Blair's innocence, and we have a new player to get acquainted with. That's the whole reason I followed Thor's lead (in a way) by pressing Bert instead of continuing to attack you. It's not like I suddenly think you're town, but I have no interest in ending the day quite so fast. Don't worry about a quicklynch from me.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:02 am

Post by Bert »

Prod dodge.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by droog »

Spoiler:
In post 1251, Fink wrote:
In post 1216, Bert wrote:
In post 1209, Fink wrote:Honeymoon is over.

I ain't in no relationship! Seriously, I've been waiting for someone to pressure my slot for a while. What took you so long to be visibly wary about my cool indifference? :dead:

I was a little suspicious of your predecessor anyway, but I was really waiting for you to say something of substance because I wasn't sure you'd even really caught up yet. And because we had two wagons I found to be very very scummy, it seemed like the focus should be on them.

WHen you later claim that I had your slot on a honeymoon or whatever you said, I was merely talking about my tolerance for your slot being cooly indifferent. Bins and DCXVI were already people worth talking about. But I was waiting for you to take some real stances and make some comments and eventually gave up. That's what I meant.

In post 1202, Fink wrote:I don't think Thor would have tunneled so long and hard as scum on just the one player, for weeks on end, but I'm not really sure, I think that merits some looking into. I'll try to find something, but any thoughts from you Bert?

This part about Thor and his meta seems so deceptive to me. like a scumhunting facade. What exactly do you hope to achieve by looking at Thor's past games?

I thought I was clear on what I wanted to achieve. My instinct was to townread Thor for something, but then I remembered all the talk about him being hard to read and thought maybe this isn't a town thing. And I was going to go look, had some trouble, and then Thor essentially confirmed for me that it's not a town-or-scum thing for him. So I'm not townreading him for that anymore, it's null.

Can you clarify what you think is deceptive about that? It seems like offers to do more work (which I
have
been doing) are being routinely met with scumreads, while we aren't punishing people for blatantly
lying
being mistaken, or not bothering to read previous days.

And you're the third person to accuse me of not scumhunting, ignoring most of what I've said since replacing in, why hypocritically not doing much yourself.

At least one of Bert/Phil/Droog must be town by simple mathematics, so it bothers me that they all like to accuse people that are scumhunting of being scum for not scumhunting, especially while being useless themselves.

But I don't believe they can all be town.

i like this case generally
((though i have no idea why you accuse me of whatever))

im going to sheep it for now while i reread
was going to look on the dys slot but i'll give that sub a chance

VOTE: bert
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VC 5.03
Phillammon (2)-
Shaddowez, Bert
(L-2)

Shaddowez (1)-
Thor665
Thor665 (1)-
Dyslexicon
droog (0)-

Fink (0)-

Dyslexicon (0)-

Bert (3)-
Fink, Phillammon, droog
(L-1)

Not Voting (0)-

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-11-06 22:00:00)
- Nov 6th 22:00 GMT
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by droog »

what is it about the philamonn slot that has attracted sly near lynch wagons two days in a row?

fink will resent the word sly so:

why has philamon been almost lynched two days in a row as an option for people who didn't like the current lyrch?
thor's right -- something's off there
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:53 am

Post by Bert »

Long weekend. I see I am at lynch -1.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:57 am

Post by Bert »

Be back later...read the last two pages just then.
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by Phillammon »

Forgot about MCM. Not sure HOW I forgot about MCM, but I did. Fortunately, there are no demands on my time tomorrow outside of sleep and one NUEL game, so the promised analysis will be coming up then.
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Marine Corps Marathon or Man Crush Monday?
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by Phillammon »

London Comicon, actually, which is why I didn't get anything done today.
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:37 am

Post by Fink »

So Thor,

What do you make of the fact that no one has got on Shaddowez with you?
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:58 am

Post by droog »

i dont like how dyslexicon has gotten away
without much attention for a long time

fink, question

Spoiler:
In post 1199, Not_Mafia wrote:
VC 4.14
Bicephalous Bob (5)-
Thor665, droog, Phillammon, Dyslexicon, Fink
LYNCHED

Phillammon (3)-
Shaddowez, Bicephalous Bob, Bert
(L-2)

Shaddowez (0)-

Thor665 (0)-

droog (0)-

Fink (0)-

Dyslexicon (0)-

Bert (0)-

Not Voting (0)-

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-10-21 20:00:00)
- Oct 21th 19:00 GMT

In post 832, Not_Mafia wrote:
VC 3.13
Blair (0)-

Phillammon (3)-
Blair, Dyslexicon, Fink
(L-2)

shaddowez (0)-

Thor665 (1)-
acryon
droog (0)-

Fink (1)-
Pillammon
acryon (5)-
droog, Thor665, shaddowez, DCLVXI, Fink
LYNCHED

Dyslexicon (0)-

DCLXVI (0)-

Not Voting (0)-

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-10-11 20:00:00)
- Oct 11th 19:00 GMT

In post 283, Not_Mafia wrote:
VC 2.04
Blair (0)-

Phillammon (0)-

Shaddowez (0)-

Thor665 (0)-

droog (0)-

YYR (0)-

acryon (0)-

Dyslexicon (0)-

wgeurts (6)-
droog, YYR, Thor665, Blair, Shaddowez, Phillammon
Lynched

Fokem (0)-

Not Voting (4)-
acryon, Dyslexicon, wgeurts, Fokem

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-10-10 20:00:00)
- Oct 9th 19:00 GMT

last three lynch wagons:

wgeurts: droog, yyr/fink, thor, blair/bob, shaddowez, philammon
acryon: droog, thor, shaddowez, DCL, philammon
bob: thor, droog, philammon, dys, finx

you, i, thor, and philamonn have been on all three intended lynches
i.e. half of the living town is making all the decisions

do you think scum is inside or outside this group?
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:07 am

Post by Phillammon »

well that in one fell swoop basically invalidated everything I was about to sit down and do. Though in my defense I was gonna use pretty colours while I was at it.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:21 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1263, Fink wrote:What do you make of the fact that no one has got on Shaddowez with you?

I have no clear cut opinions yet as there are too many variables and not enough data.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:26 am

Post by Fink »

In post 1264, droog wrote:last three lynch wagons:

wgeurts: droog, yyr/fink, thor, blair/bob, shaddowez, philammon
bob: thor, droog, philammon, dys, finx

you, i, thor, and philamonn have been on all three intended lynches
i.e. half of the living town is making all the decisions

do you think scum is inside or outside this group?

The problem is, I think the issue is muddied by all the lurking and replacements. It seems entirely possible that scum could just be sitting back and letting town tear itself apart as long as we aren't on the right track. That's my theory behind scumBert. But yeah, I can see the argument that scum could be driving us too.

As Shaddowez was saying, the fact that the Phil wagon keeps almost happening and failing to go through at the last minute is an additional reason I'm suspicious of him (besides the other stuff). But the problem I'm having with reading into this is that the most active players are making all the decisions really.

Droog, if you, Thor, and I weren't involved in most of the decisions, that would seem weirder to me. We're the most talkative.
Phil, Dys, Shaddowez and Blair/Bob all seem to be around the middle, talking a lot sometimes and annoyingly quiet during other times, and during the times they've been less engaged, they haven't had as much of an impact.

Phil is the outlier in that group (but he wasn't on the Acryon lynch, was he?) so that means he hasn't actually had as much influence as you, Thor, and I. And this last day, it came down to either Phil or Bob, and that doesn't shock me at all. It's more surprising he and Acryon weren't attacking each other at the end there.

So yeah, in short, I don't think you can read anything into that really. What's more interesting are the wagons that didn't happen.

But if you were going back and doing this, why'd you get the Acryon wagon wrong? Or am I misremebering that?
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:29 am

Post by Fink »

No, you even quoted it in your own post on the topic. But you then claimed Phil was on it in your summary. So the truth was only behind a spoiler. Phil's at L-2 right now, but if I move my vote you could hammer him.

Townpoints for Phil.

VOTE: Droog
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:31 am

Post by droog »

oh, you're right, phil was not on acryon
i must have been looking at the wrong wagon when i typed that

still i would break the game into you/me/thor and everyone else
phil as an outlier is interesting. maybe ive been wrong and it is him.

still right now im more interested in everyone else who has gotten by without being on these lynches
i think thor is town and im starting to reverse my position on you (toward town)

phil, same question:
is scum in the thor/me/fink, outside it, or in both?
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:32 am

Post by droog »

????

why would i intentionally make that mistake????
why would i manipulate something and leave it wide open?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:36 am

Post by Thor665 »

I don't even follow the claimed manipulation.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Bert »

Fink, I don't know what are you talking about with regard to Droog. That's a really flimsy reason to move your vote off me.

In post 1264, droog wrote:i dont like how dyslexicon has gotten away

A replacement search for dyslexicon has been going on for a while.

Watching football. Later.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:43 am

Post by droog »

In post 1264, droog wrote:i dont like how dyslexicon has gotten away

fink, question

In post 832, Not_Mafia wrote:
VC 3.13
acryon (5)-
droog, Thor665, shaddowez, DCLVXI, Fink
LYNCHED

[/b] - Oct 11th 19:00 GMT

last three lynch wagons:

droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:44 am

Post by droog »

In post 1272, Bert wrote:A replacement search for dyslexicon has been going on for a while.

even when dys was active
thor was the only person paying her much attention
((though philammon might have had a case on her?
dont quite remember because my point is that
i cant remember her getting any flak
))

Return to “Completed Open Games”