Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:11 pm

Post by Fink »

Okay, another thing I've dug out of an old game. Again this isn't a "case" so much as something for people townreading (Droog in this case) to think about.

Here's something our dead buddy Bob said about Droog in Micro 405, in which Bob was town and Droog was scum.
In post 663, Bicephalous Bob wrote:that was surprising

droog really seemed convinced of his nonsense and he genuinly seemed offended and not understanding when it was dismissed

even rereading now I can't say which posts don't fit in his act

The point: if this kind of thing is part of anyone's reads, this is not the kind of behavior worth townreading Droog over.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:16 pm

Post by droog »

In post 1399, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1397, Phillammon wrote:I'm not townreading Bert because you are scumreading him, I repeat- I'm still reasonably convinced he is scum. However, what *you* are giving as your reasons for lynching him feels like bussing in a scramble to be on the first successful scum lynch of the game (if Bert does, indeed, flip scum), which, oddly enough, fits my existing reads. Hence the following. VOTE: Fink

This doesn't compute.

For this to be a valid vote wouldn't it only work if you were convinced Bert was scum - so that the case on Fink is based off Bert being scum, and therefore you should always have a better scum read on Bert than Fink, and you unvoted Bert to vote Fink.

I'm lost.

im with thor on this one
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:18 pm

Post by droog »

In post 1400, Fink wrote:The point: if this kind of thing is part of anyone's reads, this is not the kind of behavior worth townreading Droog over.

lmfao
you genuinely elicited a laugh
feel free to sow doubt however you like but

if you're implying im scum
and therefore a liar anyways
why do you need to prove that i'm a good liar?
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:19 pm

Post by droog »

actually, rereading, i could see bert/fink
maybe i will go back to the bert wagon
will ponder
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by Fink »

I'm not trying to imply Droog is scum because he's good at looking like he believes bullshit cases. I think Droog is scum because of the way he came back around to scumreading me at the start of Day 4 after it became clear Phil was going to tunnel me (and yeah, I think Phil is town in this situation), and for the way Droog, once so concerned with the readability of the thread decided to get everyone skimming over my points in a way he already pointed out much earlier was anti-town. And the way Droog has been paying more attention to excuses for "throwing (me) on the scum pile" than in looking for actual alignment-specific behavior. And the way Droog is so sure of Bert's flip, and finds me scummy and wrong for that, despite earlier being on Acryon/Bob/Wgeurts himself, that's a weird disconnect. And the way Droog told me Phil was influencing all the recent lynches and asked me about it in a way I was likely to jump on as the Phil wagon was picking up steam without me.

But since some people are townreading Droog, and the point of the game is to get your scumread lynched, I am pointing out that some reasons I suspect some people are townreading him are invalid. I'm saying that believing your own bullshit is a null tell because I suspect some think it is a town tell and it's not.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by droog »

In post 1404, Fink wrote:so concerned with the readability of the thread

you're blowing things up again'
where does
"i dont like thor and blair endlessly discussing'
become
'i am so concerned that everyone can read the thread
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VC 5.09
Phillammon (0)-

Shaddowez (0)-

Thor665 (1)-
Dyslexicon
droog (2)-
Thor665, Fink
(L-2)

Fink (2)-
droog, Phillammon
(L-2)

Dyslexicon (0)-

Bert (1)-
Shaddowez

Not Voting (1)-
Bert

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-11-06 22:00:00)
- Nov 6th 22:00 GMT
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by droog »

In post 1404, Fink wrote:And the way Droog is so sure of Bert's flip, and finds me scummy and wrong for that, despite earlier being on Acryon/Bob/Wgeurts himself,

some things there is no answer for besides:
this game has gone on a long time
i am not the same person i was a month ago
i do not have the same reads i had a month ago

((you're special : ] ))
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:32 pm

Post by Fink »

In post 334, droog wrote:blair,
too many words kills discussion
take dyslex as an example

In post 335, droog wrote:have you ever had a brilliant case against scum
and they proceed to have a long form argument with you?

no one will read it
most people will develop town or null reads on you and your accuser
thats what the last few pages have felt like
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by droog »

In post 1404, Fink wrote:And the way Droog told me Phil was influencing all the recent lynches and asked me about it in a way I was likely to jump on as the Phil wagon was picking up steam without me.

this is utter bs
it was a typo

don't pretend this is only the small part of your case
that gets tacked on at the end
you voted me solely on this point
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by droog »

In post 1408, Fink wrote:

no one will read it

you caught me!
i wallposted

shouldve let you be the only wallposter
right? :lol:
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by Fink »

I'm glad you think I'm special :oops:

But the point is that you are so damn sure about Bert, because my reasoning is bad because I was on the wagons you were on. In fact you were more enthusiastic about Acryon than I was by a good deal (and much has been made of this.) Admittedly I was more enthusiastic about Bob I think. But the point is, you don't make sense saying that... unless you are scum.

Anyway, I'm out for the night, I'll pick this up tomorrow.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by droog »

In post 1360, droog wrote:
you say scum phil i say town phil
you say scum bert i said scum bert
you say town thor i say town thor

In post 1378, droog wrote:bert is going to flip town

In post 1403, droog wrote:
no reason
just a premonition
will ponder

In post 1403, droog wrote:actually, rereading, i could see bert/fink
maybe i will go back to the bert wagon

your read on bert is going exactly
like your reads on acryon and on bob
it will have the same result

In post 1404, Fink wrote:And the way Droog is so sure of Bert's flip, and finds me scummy and wrong for that

whatever you say dear
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:25 am

Post by Fink »

We have a day until deadline (yes, I no we can no-lynch, but I thought most of us were thinking that was bad for moral and against the spirit of things to take advantage of the mod error). And yet I move my vote back to Droog, post some more thoughts on him, he responds AND EVERYONE ELSE SHUTS UP????

Come on guys, there should be some discussion in here. Bert, I've seen you post elsewhere in that time, same for Thor (although at least he's on the wagon I'm talking about, so he has given an opinion already), Phil was logged on earlier as well. Let's talk about this stuff.

And aside from the annoying lack of discussion, I want you guys to ask yourselves if Droog's discussio-killing tactics of immediately responding to anything I say against him with a flood of nonsense are effective. I think it looks very effective right now.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:29 am

Post by Fink »

And I just want to lay out this thread of conversation in order...
In post 1405, droog wrote:
In post 1404, Fink wrote:so concerned with the readability of the thread

you're blowing things up again'
where does
"i dont like thor and blair endlessly discussing'
become
'i am so concerned that everyone can read the thread

In post 1408, Fink wrote:

no one will read it

In post 1410, droog wrote:you caught me!
i wallposted

shouldve let you be the only wallposter
right?

Talk about goalpost moving, he goes from claiming he never cared about the readability to "you caught me, I wallposted" Obviously my response was not about wallposting, but it's a cute way to make it look like he answered my accusation without actually answering it. Why am I the only one besides Thor finding this scummy?
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:30 am

Post by Bert »

Oh, sorry. I'm here. This morning I was going to type something about this being a bizarre turn of events with the two late wagons, but I decided not to post.

I'm really not sure about things, so I'm content no-lynching...it's psychologically more comfortable for me knowing there are 5 town alive and none in the process of being replaced...so waiting for a Dys replacement is ideal for my selfish desires at this point....

4 vs. 2 is much harder than 5 vs. 2 unless one scum goes after the other.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:31 am

Post by Fink »

In post 1409, droog wrote:
In post 1404, Fink wrote:And the way Droog told me Phil was influencing all the recent lynches and asked me about it in a way I was likely to jump on as the Phil wagon was picking up steam without me.

this is utter bs
it was a typo

don't pretend this is only the small part of your case
that gets tacked on at the end
you voted me solely on this point

Again, I don't understand how it can be a typo, but he just keeps repeating that, but also, I never acted like I just tacked it on, it is something I find him very scummy for, and I'm not sure how anyone could think I think otherwise. I've been (over?)abundantly clear on this.

But now he's blatantly claiming that I "voted him solely on this point" which is a lie, as he damn well knows. I was scumreading him
before
he even made the post in question. As I have explained.

Lynch all liars.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:34 am

Post by Bert »

besides, me endorsing not lynching Bob made me look really suspicious. I don't feel compelled to back the droog wagon as I oppose it, and your wagon isn't worth the effort - it'll end up like yesterday where I backed Phil wagon and put it in a tie before someone switched wagons to Bob and finished Bob.

I also have suspicions that I'm wrong about you, but both my suspicions for and against you are 90% unfounded, so......
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:34 am

Post by Fink »

In post 1415, Bert wrote:Oh, sorry. I'm here. This morning I was going to type something about this being a bizarre turn of events with the two late wagons, but I decided not to post.

I'm really not sure about things, so I'm content no-lynching...it's psychologically more comfortable for me knowing there are 5 town alive and none in the process of being replaced...so waiting for a Dys replacement is ideal for my selfish desires at this point....

4 vs. 2 is much harder than 5 vs. 2 unless one scum goes after the other.

That's actually a good point. I hate how stalled this is, but yeah, I guess I'm happy waiting for a replacement too. We don't exactly seem like a town predisposed to agreeing with each other...
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:35 am

Post by Fink »

In post 1417, Bert wrote:besides, me endorsing not lynching Bob made me look really suspicious. I don't feel compelled to back the droog wagon as I oppose it, and your wagon isn't worth the effort - it'll end up like yesterday where I backed Phil wagon and put it in a tie before someone switched wagons to Bob and finished Bob.

I also have suspicions that I'm wrong about you, but both my suspicions for and against you are 90% unfounded, so......

Can you elaborate a bit on your 90% unfounded Thor suspicions, as I asked before?
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:41 am

Post by Phillammon »

Apologies. That's apparently what happens when you post at 36 hour sleep dep, sorry.

I like Bert as a lynch much more than I like Fink, much MUCH more than I like droog right now. UNVOTE: Fink
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:55 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Shaddowwez has been prodded, he must respond in thread within 24 hours or be replaced.
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:56 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

SlickWilly replaces Dyslexicon. 48 hours has been added to the deadline.
SlickWilly
SlickWilly
Townie
SlickWilly
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by SlickWilly »

Greetings and salutations.

So far I have only made it to page 10 of this epic struggle. A bit foreboding, as I see the sad fate of a wandering newb, and I myself am a wandering newb (at least to the site, I have some experience in general). I assure you that I won't quickhammer like some trigger happy loon. Aside from that, no promises.

I'll go ahead and give you folks a sneak-peak at my reaction so far. My "this-is-far-too-early-but-imma-show-em-my-gut-anyhow" FoS is Thor. He has come out hard on early lynchs, cemented on it, and had an air of certainty about it. There was light buddying on D1 with the gunner, but his 'logical deathmatch' with Blair seemed anti-town. Distracting the overly stoic townie bodes ill.

As the title says, it's a very shaky finger. Shaky like arthritis, not like certain of guilt. I'll be more detailed when I get up to speed, and I'll likely throw my hands in the air and retract that finger.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1420, Phillammon wrote:I like Bert as a lynch much more than I like Fink, much MUCH more than I like droog right now.

Why do you town read Droog? Or, at least, townread him more than two other players which, considering the amount of scum left, is the same thing.

In post 1422, Not_Mafia wrote:
SlickWilly replaces Dyslexicon. 48 hours has been added to the deadline.

:roll:

In post 1423, SlickWilly wrote:As the title says, it's a very shaky finger. Shaky like arthritis, not like certain of guilt. I'll be more detailed when I get up to speed, and I'll likely throw my hands in the air and retract that finger.

Dude, back off, I'm going to wilt under this pressure.

Return to “Completed Open Games”