Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2498, farside22 wrote:Apparently having 50% options throughout the game on who to lynch should look town to GC for some reason.

I never claimed my process makes me look town. Although using POE when we had three mislynches to go through is solid strategy, it isn't alignment indicative.

I'm saying that my process doesn't make me look like scum.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:54 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 2496, farside22 wrote:You need to read my links and tell me why I'm wrong.

I've read the game. A lot. GC's behaviour is not unnatural. It is reflective of a difficult game in which reads are constantly being questioned and in which we have had to compromise ever since the scrambles lynch. You are holding him to a higher standard than several other players for no good reason.
#greenshirtthursdays
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:54 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2497, Green Crayons wrote:lol

The only lynch I have ~*~ wanted ~*~ for the past two days is a farside lynch.

I have settled for pursuing other lynches. Just like CDB did yesterday. Just like Riddle is doing today.

Riddles options were you or ckd.
he didn't list 3 or 4 people he was willing to lynch day 4 like you did and you sure have no issue with day 6 if I get lynched on pushing what CKD? Riddle? Maybe bring CBD to the ring since he stated riddle as a 2nd option after my lynch.

Let me know how this doesn't read as a game plan.

Where the fuck do I go after today?

No where and tomorrow when I'm dead you will still have your options open.

Give me a fucking break. :roll:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:55 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2501, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 2496, farside22 wrote:You need to read my links and tell me why I'm wrong.

I've read the game. A lot. GC's behaviour is not unnatural. It is reflective of a difficult game in which reads are constantly being questioned and in which we have had to compromise ever since the scrambles lynch. You are holding him to a higher standard than several other players for no good reason.

I'm holding him to a standard that is not freeking higher.
You have 2 scum reads.
Riddle has 2 scum reads
Titus has 2 scum reads.
I have 1.

How the fuck am I holding him to a higher standard?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:57 am

Post by Green Crayons »

It's like you read a game where I just pulled names out of the air to make the POE scum pool.

Oh, wait, that game didn't happen. You're just ignoring how this game actually unfolded.

lol, okay, I'm scum because I wasn't able to whittle down to 2 scum candidates by today? lol
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:58 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2503, farside22 wrote:
You have 2 scum reads.
Riddle has 2 scum reads
Titus has 2 scum reads.
I have 1.

Wait, I thought you were all up in arms by the fact that I was looking at only two people: CKD and farside?

In post 2492, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2484, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2477, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2467, farside22 wrote:This is where I see a motive with lynches. I know I'm town so his move to CKD and saying he could convince riddle on my lynch if CKD is town makes me read lining up lynches for a scum win.

lol, already debunked:
In post 2332, Green Crayons wrote:And here's further scum logic. "You think Player X and Player Y are scum candidates. I think Player X and Player Y are town. You must therefore be scum setting up mislynches!"

This surface-level logic - refusing to consider and weigh the basis for a player's suspicions - is a great scum template, because it can be applied to anyone! Examples:

1) farside thinks GC and Titus are scum candidates. I think GC and Titus are town. Therefore farside must be scum, setting up mislynches!
2) Riddle thinks CKD and GC are scum candidates. I think CKD and GC are town. Therefore Riddle must be scum, setting up mislynches!
3) CKD thinks GC and CBD (I think?) are scum candidates. I think GC and CBD are town. Therefore CKD must be scum, setting up mislynches!

lol, double standard, these people aren't also suspicious to farside for the exact same play:
In post 2056, ChannelDelibird wrote:I really can't make it simpler than this, CKD.
Especially
if I thought I had more time than I did, why wouldn't I want somebody who I could still quite plausibly see as town to show signs of reconsidering and making sure that they were on the right track? How many times do I have to explain that the choice between you and Amy is essentially arbitrary to me before you accept that I'm not protraying you as Beelzebub incarnate?

In post 2445, Riddleton wrote:No one's willing to join me on CKD. Thus, my options are stay on CKD and be a stubborn person; or compromise. You even awknowledged this stance yourself with Farside/Amy yesterday.

I already said that CKD and you are my main suspects. Voting CKD first is safer, yes, in the rare event both of you are town. But no one is willing to join me on it (bar GC who doesn't seem to be really buying CKD as scum which farside pointed out)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:00 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2505, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2503, farside22 wrote:
You have 2 scum reads.
Riddle has 2 scum reads
Titus has 2 scum reads.
I have 1.

Wait, I thought you were all up in arms by the fact that I was looking at only two people: CKD and farside?

In post 2492, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2484, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2477, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2467, farside22 wrote:This is where I see a motive with lynches. I know I'm town so his move to CKD and saying he could convince riddle on my lynch if CKD is town makes me read lining up lynches for a scum win.

lol, already debunked:
In post 2332, Green Crayons wrote:And here's further scum logic. "You think Player X and Player Y are scum candidates. I think Player X and Player Y are town. You must therefore be scum setting up mislynches!"

This surface-level logic - refusing to consider and weigh the basis for a player's suspicions - is a great scum template, because it can be applied to anyone! Examples:

1) farside thinks GC and Titus are scum candidates. I think GC and Titus are town. Therefore farside must be scum, setting up mislynches!
2) Riddle thinks CKD and GC are scum candidates. I think CKD and GC are town. Therefore Riddle must be scum, setting up mislynches!
3) CKD thinks GC and CBD (I think?) are scum candidates. I think GC and CBD are town. Therefore CKD must be scum, setting up mislynches!

lol, double standard, these people aren't also suspicious to farside for the exact same play:
In post 2056, ChannelDelibird wrote:I really can't make it simpler than this, CKD.
Especially
if I thought I had more time than I did, why wouldn't I want somebody who I could still quite plausibly see as town to show signs of reconsidering and making sure that they were on the right track? How many times do I have to explain that the choice between you and Amy is essentially arbitrary to me before you accept that I'm not protraying you as Beelzebub incarnate?

In post 2445, Riddleton wrote:No one's willing to join me on CKD. Thus, my options are stay on CKD and be a stubborn person; or compromise. You even awknowledged this stance yourself with Farside/Amy yesterday.

I already said that CKD and you are my main suspects. Voting CKD first is safer, yes, in the rare event both of you are town. But no one is willing to join me on it (bar GC who doesn't seem to be really buying CKD as scum which farside pointed out)

That's today.

Day 4 you had Amy, me, Ckd and cbd
Today you said CBD and me then switched to Ckd and me.

Let me know which one I should believe since it keeps changing.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:19 am

Post by Riddleton »

In post 2499, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2496, farside22 wrote:How many people has he listed as scum? Do you know I have seen scum do the exact same thing not to long ago.

Oh, a meta attack without citing the previous game.

Quick, Riddle, get in here and make sure to be as critical of this meta attack on me as you were of my "meta" attack on farside!

(insert critical non-approving post here)
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:25 am

Post by Riddleton »

I'll be doing some analysis tonight so stay tuned for that.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:26 am

Post by Riddleton »

farside
, you have one scumread correct, in GC? Whom would you think is scum should GC hypothetically flip town?
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:35 am

Post by Riddleton »

Hey
CDB
, I noticed this and I want you to clarify:

ChannelDelibird wrote:Most questions are about farside, though, really. Again, will definitely be rereading around those things but, combined with the stuff I raised last night, this is starting to feel like something I want to explore.
I definitely want the farside-v-GC argument to go the fuck away because it's obnoxiously loud and long, and right now I'm definitely inclined to want farside gone first.

This seems to imply you see the final scum in the farside vs GC argument, correct? That it's not just town vs town noise?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:42 am

That's not meant to say that scum is definitely in that pair but I do think that, if neither are scum, we need their really loud conflict to no longer be an issue because it would continue both to distract them and to make the thread more obnoxious for the rest of us to read. It helps that I think that farside is now the likeliest scum - partially because her participation in the argument does not stand up as genuine scumhunting - but, if I were a player unsure about who looks scummiest, I would want to lynch the scummiest of the two.
#greenshirtthursdays
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:52 am

Post by Riddleton »

CDB
, so was your lynch order in a later post ("Farside > Riddle > GC > CKD > Titus") a typo considering you think the likely final scum is in the GC vs farside interactions?

---

Anyway, I need to rethink about the game. I'm not so sure of the gamestate as I initially thought.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:55 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2509, Riddleton wrote:
farside
, you have one scumread correct, in GC? Whom would you think is scum should GC hypothetically flip town?

POE: would be titus.
She's been MIA since the scrambles vote
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:00 am

In post 2512, Riddleton wrote:
CDB
, so was your lynch order in a later post ("Farside > Riddle > GC > CKD > Titus") a typo considering you think the likely final scum is in the GC vs farside interactions?

That's not what I just said. I think farside is likely the final scum. I think GC is probably town, though less certain of that than I am of Titus and CKD. The order was not a typo.
#greenshirtthursdays
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:22 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

In post 2510, Riddleton wrote:Hey
CDB

ChannelDelibird wrote:Most questions are about farside, though, really. Again, will definitely be rereading around those things but, combined with the stuff I raised last night, this is starting to feel like something I want to explore.
I definitely want the farside-v-GC argument to go the fuck away because it's obnoxiously loud and long, and right now I'm definitely inclined to want farside gone first.

This seems to imply you see the final scum in the farside vs GC argument, correct? That it's not just town vs town noise?

this....this is why I think Riddle is town. furthermore, this is an excellent point.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:28 am

In post 2515, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 2510, Riddleton wrote:Hey
CDB

this....this is why I think Riddle is town. furthermore, this is an excellent point.

when I first read that, it sounds like an opinion of someone who thought X and Y were town. Who cares if the argument is obnoxiously loud and long. info can be obtained through that "long" argument. You (CDB) "feel" like one person in that argument is scum. Shouldnt you be pouring over it to see if a.) you are on the right track and b.) what you scum suspect is saying and not saying? what else is being discussed today that is MORE important in your eyes?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:35 am

We've already been over the fact that I've skimmed some of the longer posts at times and missed things being discussed (the no-majority-necessary-to-lynch-at-deadline rule, for example). That's the kind of issue that I'm getting at with arguments like this.

Now please also bear in mind the fact that I since
have
been poring over said argument in the process of reevaluating both farside and GC. But I've always been fairly upfront (in this game and in others) about the fact that I find excessively long posts a pain in the arse and will sometimes not read them, at least initially.

Also I don't really know how you got that I was saying that both of them were town in that post because it is one of several around that time which pointed out that I was increasingly suspecting farside.
#greenshirtthursdays
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:52 am

usually in games. when someone says, "I think the argument between X and Y is loud/obnoxious/distracting/whatever" is because they are not interested in the argument because X and Y are town (or perceived town). Who cares about two townies going at it? When someone I think is scum is posting. I am fucking reeeeaadddding their posts. Looking for slips or trips. Looking for lies to add to my case. looking for mentions that I can meta or follow up on. Or looking for insight...seeing how others are attacking them. REadjusting my suspects if needed. Are they scum or an easy target?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:59 am

Sure, but I don't really understand where your problem is. For a long time I thought both of them were town and so I found their argument merely an annoyance (and, as others picked up on, it distracted me from noticing some of the things discussed in their posts, like the deadline rules). I've always wanted it to go away. Before it was because I thought they were both town. Now it's because I think farside is scum.
#greenshirtthursdays
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:47 am

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 5.08
(L-2)
Farside22: (2) Green Crayons, ChannelDelibird
(L-2)
Green Crayons: (2) Farside22, Riddleton
Riddleton: (1) Titus

Not Voting: Curiouskarmadog

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-11-25 17:49:00)

Mod Notes:
None
[/area]
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:48 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm not going to keep going back and forth with GC.
I made my point. I don't know why cbd disagrees with me.
I'll go 1 for 1 with GC.
I just want cbd to think about what I said when I flip town, in case he's around during end game.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:17 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Nothing new to post.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:23 am

so if all things stay constant, you will be lynched GC..thoughts?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:24 am

In post 2521, farside22 wrote:
I just want cbd to think about what I said when I flip town, in case he's around during end game.

why post this sentence...as of right now, you are not going to be lynched.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Open Games”