Mini 1634 - English Premier League Mafia (Game over)

BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:57 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 210, Ollie wrote:Considering the mod supports Forest, I'd say that Liverpool are likely to be scum in this game. Only team I know their fans don't like cos of Hillsborough. Not sure how else the mod would decide who the scum were, maybe he'd line the clubs up with roles first then work from there? It might be pissing in the wind a bit to try & work out which clubs were allocated to which roles but it still might be worthwhile looking at that.

I hate the 2nd attempt to push this even more

Also, why would you vote Guyett then push his shitty-ass reasoning?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:58 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 216, Yiley wrote:I really don't like those whisker posts on the last page. Like really don't. So that's where my vote goes.
VOTE: whiskers
I should be more active now that the holidays are over.

This also needs to be killed with fire.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:00 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 220, deathfisaro wrote:@Guyett

I know how BBT's vote ended up in me. It's not that hard to see.
I misjudged Kaboose's PR because he breadcrumbed the opposite direction. He never denied that he was LP even when pressure built up so the possibility of him being more so BP didn't even cross my mind. If he's conditional infinite BP, he should have SUPER towned, not "gonna afk until people start dying". And lynchproof wasn't a far-fetched idea, as Scripten was lynch resistant (which makes way more sense for town).

Take a step back and re-read 199. Does it sound like I'm protecting Whiskers or suspecting you? Try saying you still think I'm protecting Whiskers.
I can only see that as lining up mislynches (actually if Whiskers flips scum I'd likely be next to be lynched because you planted the idea that I "protected" Whiskers? But 1-1 trade is never worth it for scum so... this is so hard).

Both flipped town PRs were strictly pro-town, I'd take a step further and argue that all town PRs are. Two flips so far: one allows you to actively scumhunt and obvtown without fear of NK, the other gives one fewer NK. Nothing grey about these powers. According to people the game's generally believed to be 10-3 and you need a guilty child in the game when there are 10 PRs? I don't think you're outguessing the mod, you're outderping the scum.

In post 190, Mario Balotelli wrote:Kaboose (7-LYNCH)- BROseidon, Guyett, BlueBloodedToffee,
Scripten
, deathfisaro, 4burner, Whiskers

At least one of these has to be scum, it's too hard to imagine a 7 town mislynch.
Both you and BBT were on Kaboose wagon and now you two are starting day 2 with Whiskers wagon. However, from the opening of day 2 BBT's play makes sense. RA was on Whiskers wagon from yesterday so him joining makes sense. Yours doesn't.

As for who I find scummy from day 1, I need to re-read the whole thing. I was already on vacation when this game started and couldn't follow up closely enough. I'm still busy till 2nd (expecting 14-16 hr work days till then) but I'll try to check in.

This is pretty town. Earnest and at times stupid in a way that I wouldn't expect scum to be.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:01 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 225, Red Arrow wrote:I said town/not scum... not town outright. Meaning I am just not seeing them as scum right this minute. But I am not really picking up on anything scummy from the other 4.

The word you're looking for is "null"
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:05 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 252, Guyett wrote:I have a sneaky feeling scum are being quiet letting town make noise fighting each other

:facepalm:

Let's fill the thread with empty posts that look shiny on the surface level but don't actually do anything!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:07 am

Post by BROseidon »

BBT and RA are the only people towning it up enough for me to have town reads on them. Death and 4burner are probably the most town after that, but even then I'm not super confident in those reads.

VOTE: Yiley
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:07 am

Post by Yiley »

In post 276, BROseidon wrote:
In post 216, Yiley wrote:I really don't like those whisker posts on the last page. Like really don't. So that's where my vote goes.
VOTE: whiskers
I should be more active now that the holidays are over.

This also needs to be killed with fire.

What exactly about this aggravates you to this degree? (Except the fact that that I havent been more active?)
Permanent scum read
Red Arrow
Red Arrow
Townie
Red Arrow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by Red Arrow »

In post 278, BROseidon wrote:
In post 225, Red Arrow wrote:I said town/not scum... not town outright. Meaning I am just not seeing them as scum right this minute. But I am not really picking up on anything scummy from the other 4.

The word you're looking for is "null"

thats the one lol

I will address anything outstanding towards me from BBT tomorrow (and anything else obviously) just checking in. Happy new year to everyone.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:54 pm

Post by massive »

In post 265, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Any other opinions on anything massive?

Sure. I feel like I have enough experience playing with you to identify your town game, so that's good. I think Scripten was probably killed because he was a voice for NOT insta-lynching Whiskers for his bad lynch vote; remove the voice of sanity and it makes it easier to run him up without opposition, and that's pretty much where we started. Still not crazy about RA and still don't feel like I had my questions for 4burner yesterday answered, but I can hold off on that.

vote Guyett

Right now the Whiskers action is enough to start there, and when I'm back at work tomorrow I'll go back and reread in earnest.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:09 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

You missed this Yiley;
In post 239, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 235, Yiley wrote:182-183 is t I don't like about whiskers. Those are just so bad.

That's funny, because 183 actually gives me town-vibes. What is 'bad' about them? Try not being so generic in your replies, I'm looking for why you think he is scum.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:10 pm

In post 280, BROseidon wrote:BBT and RA are the only people towning it up enough for me to have town reads on them. Death and 4burner are probably the most town after that, but even then I'm not super confident in those reads.

VOTE: Yiley

Jesus Christ.

Can you not town-read RA and death please?

Thanks.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:12 pm

Massive, what are your thoughts on Death?

Also, why is Guyett's vote the most suspicious out of everyone who voted Whiskers?
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:56 pm

Post by Guyett »

In post 283, massive wrote:

vote Guyett

Right now the Whiskers action is enough to start there, and when I'm back at work tomorrow I'll go back and reread in earnest.

I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:22 pm

Post by 4burner »

Dodge until most likely tomorrow. Sorry folks.
deathfisaro
deathfisaro
Goon
deathfisaro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:04 pm

Post by deathfisaro »

In post 220, deathfisaro wrote:I'm still busy till 2nd (expecting 14-16 hr work days till then) but I'll try to check in.

Barely alive atm.
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:30 pm

Post by Ollie »

No one has come out as Man U yet, interesting.

In post 275, BROseidon wrote:
In post 210, Ollie wrote:Considering the mod supports Forest, I'd say that Liverpool are likely to be scum in this game. Only team I know their fans don't like cos of Hillsborough. Not sure how else the mod would decide who the scum were, maybe he'd line the clubs up with roles first then work from there? It might be pissing in the wind a bit to try & work out which clubs were allocated to which roles but it still might be worthwhile looking at that.

I hate the 2nd attempt to push this even more

Also, why would you vote Guyett then push his shitty-ass reasoning?

I voted for Guyett for justice & to uphold the integrity of mafia moderation around the globe.

It's my reasoning you filthy animal. The first thing I did when I replaced in was ask the mod who he supported. You're reaching like a mother fucker. So I like my vote more on you now...

VOTE: BROseidon

how do you like them apples, bitch?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:37 am

Reasoning for vote Ollie?
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:44 am

Post by Ollie »

I think he's trying too hard to come across like he's all about taking down scum. He's reaching far too much, looking to swoop on stuff that isn't there. Talking about innocuous posts like they're a personal slight on him. Just cast your eye down his posts on this page. It looks fake.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:02 am

I certainly didn't like his posts, but I'm thinking it's more down to play-style than scuminess.

I found his post regarding Guyett quite funny though because that's what I thought when I was reading his posts.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:02 am

Ollie, what are your thoughts on Yiley and death?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:06 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 218, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 177, Whiskers wrote:Yeah, it would have been. Because it would have been a poor, not-very-strong reason. Thats the "etc" part.

OK, so you didn't 'RVS' vote me because you found a better place to put your vote. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that given you had reasoning for this second vote, reasoning that made it your priority vote, that it was a serious vote.

In post 177, Whiskers wrote:
It doesn't matter, as according to you, RVS can be for a "nonsensical reason." Consider this that; I said it was always a scumtell, and that was nonsense.

Or, if you'd prefer, I'll say, no, there's no trend (to my knowledge) of scum doing this more than town. So no, it isn't a scumtell. It still is, though, anti-town. It still is, too, a dickbag move.

But here, you're making it seem like your vote on Guyett(?) was not a serious one either? So you placed your serious vote on Guyett for a scum-tell you thought you had (even though you exaggerated it), you then retracted this scum-tell and said that actually it isn't a scum-tell, and proceeded to follow this with arguing that your vote on Guyett was actually an RVS vote. What a load of %&^$.

I can't rightly say that it truly is a scumtell. So why would I carry on with it? It
still
was my first post in the game. It was
still
a vote for not a very good reason.

I kept my vote there later 'cause I found Guyett scummy, just I voted him, initially, in my
first post
, because he did something that I personally dislike.

In post 224, Red Arrow wrote:yup, Ollie. My thoughts exactly. It seemed like an 'oops did I just hammer' knowing full well he did. The Ahhh ok seemed to make out that he didn't care and accepted he had just hammered without care and the bottom is nothing but trying to justify what he did.

Don't get me wrong. I thought Kaboose was scum with him (Whiskers), I was wrong on that regard and I probably would have voted him if I had been back before lynch. But that whole hammer vote and follow up was pretty off to me.

Kaboose was L-2 when I voted him-- or, as I was reading along, that's where I wrote it in my post. I voted, I posted, then continued reading, and saw someone else vote him... Which meant I had just been the hammer, unless someone had unvoted. They hadn't.

For the record, it always looks scummy when someone quickhammers and follows up. Looks scummy when someone quickhammers and doesn't. Looks scummy when someone quickhammers, regardless.

I likely would have voted him in the end, anyway-- just like you claim you would have done. I didn't mean for it to be a quickhammer. It's too bad about his role, that seems really powerful, and it's too bad he got mislynched-- but that seems to be the way it was going to go.

But look, don't say it's my follow up post. It's important for me to acknowledge that I had fucked up. And after, to try to get Kaboose's final reads, in Twilight of his lynch. You think it's disingenuous? What's a "good" oopslynch post look like, Red Arrow?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:13 am

What are your thoughts on the formation of your wagon Whiskers?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:17 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 238, 4burner wrote:My gut says scum kills scripten to send us on false trails. NK could have fallen on townie lurker of which there are at least one, for lack of info, but instead hits scripten. I don't think he was any more of a threat than anyone else, and he definately wasn't a universal town read. So why kill him over a strong town lead?

He could have been mislynch bait, but instead they NKd him. Something I need to think about.

What??

Why on earth
would scum kill a townie lurker? To be nice to the townies? First of all, that would be entirely bad scumplay.

Scripten was really, really town. I don't know who else thought he was, or if he was unanimous or not-- but he clearly was, even prior to the flip. He was a "threat" because he was clever about his post and reads, in other words, he was a good scum hunter. Let's go back and take a look at his suspicions and dig around in there a little bit, because maybe he
was
a threat to a scum somewhere.

Who was a strong town read? first thing that comes to mind, is to frame that "strong town read", but I'm not sure there
were
any. Scripten was pretty far up there, IMO.
And yeah, he could have been mislynch bait, or a townie lurker could have. You're acting too dumb to scum, but I'm not sure I'm buying it. How many scum games do you have under your belt, mister?

I'm quite liking BBT's 239, although,
In post 239, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
@220 - @death - Your assumption of why I voted you is concerning. It shows self-awareness, which is usually a trait coming from a scummy mindset. Is this something you spoke about overnight?

I disagree that this is really a scumtell. I think it's pretty important for all players to keep in mind how they're being perceived. A good town player (though, perhaps not all playstyles of good town player) will use manipulation just as much as a good scum player would.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:20 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 246, Red Arrow wrote:BBT is simply pushing the 'I said scum could be on his wagon' post meaning I am not looking into it, despite the fact I have adressed it MANY fucking times.

Yes, I said scum could possibly be on it. However, as i've said 1000 fucking times already. I am going after legit scummy behaviour (Whiskers & Kaboose) over a simple hunch. I never said it was a guarentee. I said it was possible that at least one scum was on it.

But again as I said 1000 times, and this one last time I will post it in big bold letters to get it through your thick fucking skull.

I will scum hunt based on legit behavior of others and not a hunch.

He is just repeating the same thing over and over and over without realizing I answered the question many times day 1. I will go on actual scummy behaviour than a simple hunch that someone may have been scum on his wagon. I don't get why he is pushing this so much. I said a few times its worth coming back to at a later time.

Right now I will go for people who are actually scummy. I have nothing more to back up 'at least 1 could be scum'

this is dragged on far too fucking long. BBT Deal with it.

What's scummy about my behaviour? In your own words? Please make a full case, with citations and reasons. Also, please answer my question yesterday, about why you think my first post, regarding BBT, was an "overreaction."
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:22 am

Post by Ollie »

In post 294, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Ollie, what are your thoughts on Yiley and death?

Only 6 very short posts, he needs to post more otherwise I'm gonna start thinking he has something to hide. If he can't commit to the game then he needs to get replaced, same goes for everyone else who isn't getting involved.

death?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”