NY 179: Cute and Fluffy Mafia (Town Win)

I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:23 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Hey Nero, ur obviously caught up, how about a vote? And since u hinted me, how about explaining why?

Not feeling TDA folks. My gut is feeling queasy over the following 4 players so far: flubbernugget, yuni, Nero, and pacman.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:25 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

TDA + IAI
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:26 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

I <3 u too
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:20 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 145, TheDudeAbides wrote:But at least Kid A is probably town.

Makes me want to lynch tda even more. It odds timing he said that after he was accused of omgusing everyone who voted him.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:33 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

VOTE: TDA

Though I do find it very interesting that dragonspawn never called out TDA on his misrep and actually tried to argue it as a genuine case.

DGB hopping on the misrep is also yucky.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:36 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 131, YuniChikako wrote:
Spoiler: dragonspawn and TDA stuffs that ended up being a bit long because quotes and redundancy(?)
In post 87, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 76, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 26, dragonspawn wrote:I'm buddies with someone I don't know

I'd love to know why you said this, I mean it's a piece of information that I simply don't have access to.

if you don't know then you clearly can't read. But we both know you can since you managed to edit the post and cut off half the question as well as the request for you to produce some sort of reasoning for your accusation that I was buddying someone who I still haven't even seen a post from.

the question at this point is why go to the lengths of making an accusation, then editing the post asking you to back it up to try to incriminate me. It doesn't make any sense. It's also pretty darn scummy. But is that because you are scum o just completely insane and dishonest? I'm not sure yet. But you've definitely attracted my attention.

so would you please answer the original question of why you think I'm buddying Nero? I fugue the more you talk the easier it will be to determine your alignment.

I see dragonspawn as somewhat scummy, but not exactly in the same way as TDA does. dragonspawn seemed to have started to get serious on getting scum reads a bit early, so dragonspawn's post that seems to be "on trial", seems to have taken place around the time he really began reading into people's posts (#27 #44 (not sure if derping around on #44 or just..)) and I think it's his full reaction that's the problem:
In post 26, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 21, TheDudeAbides wrote:Dragonspawn is Nero Cain's buddy.

I'm buddies with someone I don't know and hasn't posted yet?
I'd love to see the reasoning

The end part there is way more scummy than the single part that TDA edited ("I'm buddies with someone I don't know"). Especially the bolded part. It shows defensiveness. TDA's post was obviously him derping around. If dragonspawn's reply was ("I'm buddies with someone I don't know and hasn't posted yet. Best buddies lel") then it would have been okay. But that bolded part shows him taking TDA's RVS lulz seriously.

I can see where TDA was coming from, but the editing of the post was awkward and actually hurt his case, I think. It doesn't capture the seriousness of dragonspawn's post. If TDA is town, he's not doing a very good job after doing that. I can almost smell the bw.

Of course, it is entirely possible that dragonspawn is a "little bit too serious town" and TDA is scum trying to take advantage of that, but ended up steering his "suspicions" in a weird place. "I'd love to know why you said this, I mean it's a piece of information that I simply don't have access to" takes that certain edited part of dragonspawn's post too seriously. It's just a weird scum-read.

Or they're both town who take things a little too seriously. Who knows.

Not sure if I quite got my point across, and I may have been redundant. Anyway I think I'll hold out a bit longer and see how this turns out.
Oh, and I guess I should end these turtle shenanigans.
UNVOTE: firebound12

Had dragonspawn not responded so aggressively rvs would have been dragged out even longer than need be.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:45 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 112, TheDudeAbides wrote:If he'd just said something about Nero not having posted yet, there wouldn't be a problem.

I did. In the question you cut apart.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:02 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 154, Flubbernugget wrote:VOTE: TDA

Though I do find it very interesting that dragonspawn never called out TDA on his misrep and actually tried to argue it as a genuine case.

how didn't I call him out on it?
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:04 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 155, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 131, YuniChikako wrote:
Spoiler: dragonspawn and TDA stuffs that ended up being a bit long because quotes and redundancy(?)
In post 87, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 76, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 26, dragonspawn wrote:I'm buddies with someone I don't know

I'd love to know why you said this, I mean it's a piece of information that I simply don't have access to.

if you don't know then you clearly can't read. But we both know you can since you managed to edit the post and cut off half the question as well as the request for you to produce some sort of reasoning for your accusation that I was buddying someone who I still haven't even seen a post from.

the question at this point is why go to the lengths of making an accusation, then editing the post asking you to back it up to try to incriminate me. It doesn't make any sense. It's also pretty darn scummy. But is that because you are scum o just completely insane and dishonest? I'm not sure yet. But you've definitely attracted my attention.

so would you please answer the original question of why you think I'm buddying Nero? I fugue the more you talk the easier it will be to determine your alignment.

I see dragonspawn as somewhat scummy, but not exactly in the same way as TDA does. dragonspawn seemed to have started to get serious on getting scum reads a bit early, so dragonspawn's post that seems to be "on trial", seems to have taken place around the time he really began reading into people's posts (#27 #44 (not sure if derping around on #44 or just..)) and I think it's his full reaction that's the problem:
In post 26, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 21, TheDudeAbides wrote:Dragonspawn is Nero Cain's buddy.

I'm buddies with someone I don't know and hasn't posted yet?
I'd love to see the reasoning

The end part there is way more scummy than the single part that TDA edited ("I'm buddies with someone I don't know"). Especially the bolded part. It shows defensiveness. TDA's post was obviously him derping around. If dragonspawn's reply was ("I'm buddies with someone I don't know and hasn't posted yet. Best buddies lel") then it would have been okay. But that bolded part shows him taking TDA's RVS lulz seriously.

I can see where TDA was coming from, but the editing of the post was awkward and actually hurt his case, I think. It doesn't capture the seriousness of dragonspawn's post. If TDA is town, he's not doing a very good job after doing that. I can almost smell the bw.

Of course, it is entirely possible that dragonspawn is a "little bit too serious town" and TDA is scum trying to take advantage of that, but ended up steering his "suspicions" in a weird place. "I'd love to know why you said this, I mean it's a piece of information that I simply don't have access to" takes that certain edited part of dragonspawn's post too seriously. It's just a weird scum-read.

Or they're both town who take things a little too seriously. Who knows.

Not sure if I quite got my point across, and I may have been redundant. Anyway I think I'll hold out a bit longer and see how this turns out.
Oh, and I guess I should end these turtle shenanigans.
UNVOTE: firebound12

Had dragonspawn not responded so aggressively rvs would have been dragged out even longer than need be.

you can't give me all the credit. Without tda saying stupid things I wouldn't have needed to say anything. I dislike stupid reasoning
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:11 am

Post by dragonspawn »

VOTE: tda

I find quote editing scummy behavior so the best evidence we have so far is tda.

plus id like to see where this wagon goes.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:13 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 147, evilpacman18 wrote:Did we catch scum already? Huh. Good work team.
Judging by that VC, ABR is probably town too, which is fun.

did we? I'm not sure. We have some leads though.

who are you voting for?
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:40 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 153, Garmr wrote:

Makes me want to lynch tda even more. It odds timing he said that after he was accused of omgusing everyone who voted him.

I also timed it after Kid A posted, so that's cute.
I think he voting because of some foolish belief that talking about one's self is scummy, and I think if he was scum, he would have made sure to say that rather than hang a vague vote on the wagon.

On the other hand, pacman pushing the wagon without voting gets a frowny face.

Since there is no misrep this is dumb. I in no way changed the meaning of dragonspawn's post.
The first part was the disingenuous part (where he talked about not knowing Nero Cain), the second part (where he talked about Nero Cain not posting) I don't have a problem with. The fact that the second part is there is irrelevant because of how the word "and" works.

In post 159, dragonspawn wrote:VOTE: tda

I find quote editing scummy behavior so the best evidence we have so far is tda.

plus id like to see where this wagon goes.

I can assure you that quote editing is not scummy.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:13 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 157, dragonspawn wrote:

how didn't I call him out on it?

84 nvmnd
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:45 am

Post by dragonspawn »

So editing a quote to say something it doesn't mean isn't scummy?
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:00 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 150, I Am Innocent wrote:Hey Nero, ur obviously caught up, how about a vote? And since u hinted me, how about explaining why?

Not feeling TDA folks. My gut is feeling queasy over the following 4 players so far: flubbernugget, yuni, Nero, and pacman.

DBG why aren't you voting TDA?
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:28 am

Post by Kid A »

didnt mean to quote that
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:45 am

In post 153, Garmr wrote:

Agree
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:27 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 163, dragonspawn wrote:So editing a quote to say something it doesn't mean isn't scummy?

That didn't happen.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:29 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

Flubber joins the list of people who don't know what and means.
-Thompson.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:45 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 167, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 163, dragonspawn wrote:So editing a quote to say something it doesn't mean isn't scummy?

That didn't happen.

so everyone is imagining that you cut a question in half, pulled it out of context as a response to accusation, made it a statement to try to make it look like I am claiming to buddy someone who hadn't posted at the time? I suppose all the votes for you based on this not happening aren't really there either?

if you really believe that nonsense there is no reasoning with you
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:11 am

This is not the time for discussion. This is the time for quicklynch and hammertime.
AlternateAccount
AlternateAccount
Townie
AlternateAccount
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:30 am

Post by AlternateAccount »

In post 168, TheDudeAbides wrote:Flubber joins the list of people who don't know what and means.

When I get home I'm going to post an image of bill Clinton talking about the definition of the word "is" is. Until then vomit smilies to evilpacman and drippinggoofball for calling people scum but not voting or pressuring their suspicions.
The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:43 am

Post by The Dream Weaver »

bump
The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon