Vote count 2.02

Metalcyanide (3):
West9, Aristophanes, Lyserg-Zeroz
Aristophanes (3):
acryon, Metalcyanide, prawneater
Ginko (1):
YYR

Not voting: Ginko, VysePresident, farside22
With 10 alive It takes 6 to lynch. Day ends in: (expired on 2015-02-08 08:07:00)
Last edited by Honey bee on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ginko
Ginko
Townie
Ginko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Ginko »

farside wrote:Let's look at this from a different pov for a moment. I don't see ari and lal as scum together. I don't see anyone who has. Metal as I said doesn't look like scum with lal. If metal is mafia what does ari gain from pushing metal scum?
Why wouldn't they want to hypothetically bus as scummates in this kind of position? o.o I don't think I understand what you're getting at here.
I'm also still leaning that Metal's town, and Aristo jumping on him here feels opportunistic to me in a self-preservation kind of manner.

farside wrote:Also when I read ari's last post it reads very derpy.
How does this not also describe all of the posts you were scumreading him for before?

-Cheetory6
Hydra of JohnnyFarrar and Cheetory6.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:33 am

Post by farside22 »

Ginko: did you just ignore the case I made on ari day 1? Or are you saying he reads exactly the same? If the same explain how.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:35 am

Post by farside22 »

Also want a reason for the metal town read.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Ginko
Ginko
Townie
Ginko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:49 am

Post by Ginko »

No, I didn't ignore the case you made for Ari on D1. I asked why it would be valid to say Ari is leaning town for derpiness when a lot of his play on D1 also strikes me as being derpy and you didn't acknowledge it then at the time.

I associate scumMetal with a lot of on the surface play. His arguments for his reads strike me as being meatier here than they have in what I remember about his scum game and that strikes me as genuine town thought process.

-Cheetory6
Ginko
Ginko
Townie
Ginko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:54 am

Post by Ginko »

Just so I'm clear, I'm not saying I think it's weird that you didn't excuse what you saw as scummy play on D1 as being scummy, I just think it's really weird that this is the first time that you're calling Ari's posts derpy and that it strikes you as townie here rather than null.

-Cheetory6
Lyserg-Zeroz
Lyserg-Zeroz
Townie
Lyserg-Zeroz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:09 am

Post by Lyserg-Zeroz »

@Metal: Like, I can understand liking the Ari wagon more and that Acryon wagon seemed like out of nowhere to you, but I'm more concerned about the fact that you didn't address or voice your thoughts on the points against Acryon at all (or maybe at least on farside's townread on Acryon). The Ari wagon was losing traction in favor of the Lal one, but you didn't really push the Ari one more, nor took note of the alternative wagon on one of your suspects (as opposed to the leading one on one of your townreads). It makes me agree with West's comments on how you were doing nothing and feel like you were being too sideline-y by the end of last phase and not genuinely pursuing your Acryon suspicion.

@Ginko: I'm gonna be mad if you are a wolf actually being that cheeky about it >:C ... also, don't forget the question about Vyse. Talk to me more about the Metal townread, I'm honestly sorta conflicted on him because there's stuff he's done that I do like.

Besides what's above: I feel like he was just throwing around the "newb" part of his newbtown read, mostly because I can see why some of Lal's post would point to newb, but not why Metal was so reading them as town. I don't like his Lal read on : When I read stuff like that he can't follow her thought process, that she's "oddly defending him" or that she's pointing to someone else reasoning to justify a vote, I just felt like the "newbtown" read came out of nowhere as a conclusion to that read.

I like that he tried to pinpoint the origin of his townread at the end of , but that also came after a fair amount of pressure calling for a justification, and he didn't follow up on that when I commented on it :C

@farside: You hadn't expanded on Ginko being there, but whatevs.
You mean the "define town hammer" comment? Eh, when I read that I thought that was just Lal thinking that was a specific mafia term rather just a "that looks townie".

@Acryon:
I can't say for sure what I was thinking then, because it's just what I wrote down in my spreadsheet at the time for who Lal's likely buddy(s) were, and it wasn't based on anything particularly in-depth; I just needed a spot for everyone. I imagine it had something to do with her leaving West off of her initial readslist, as well as her followup in 190, combined with the aforementioned West comments.

I was wondering why you hadn't brought up (umpormpted) your original thoughts on the West/Lal interaction again, considering the flip and all, and with this I suppose I get that you didn't because of the nebulous/shallow nature of your original read of their interactions... but on the other hand, I mean I appreciate the effort of having a spreadsheet and all, but comments like this make me think you were more interested in fabricating or having a readslist than in the reasoning and points behind the readslist itself .-.

acryon wrote:
I thought was very off, so I voted to apply some pressure and see what we got out of Ari. Ari was voting Metal, but then, after I voted and West expressed some suspicion, Ari quickly jumped aboard the Lal wagon to steer away from himself. The rest of his posts that weren't answering direct questions were pretty active lurky. Post 53 pinged me as scum, and nothing after that convinced me that it wasn't from scum.

Hmm... I don't really have such strong feelings for 53 and his questions about me and Ginko. I could see that as a genuine attempts to start convo and his answer in sort of says that too. I see what you are saying with the jump on Lal, but: The Metal vote does look like reaction test anyways (scum or town intentions, idk, but reaction test nontheless), don't you think it's natural that he would then act on the conclusions he got off it? Or do you think the scumminess of the fact outweights the possible town intentions of it or something like that? As for the active lurking: ... Oh, there's actually a lot of quickposting to apologize for lack of time. Did you mean that?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:17 am

Post by acryon »

In post 531, Lyserg-Zeroz wrote:
@Acryon:
I can't say for sure what I was thinking then, because it's just what I wrote down in my spreadsheet at the time for who Lal's likely buddy(s) were, and it wasn't based on anything particularly in-depth; I just needed a spot for everyone. I imagine it had something to do with her leaving West off of her initial readslist, as well as her followup in 190, combined with the aforementioned West comments.

I was wondering why you hadn't brought up (umpormpted) your original thoughts on the West/Lal interaction again, considering the flip and all, and with this I suppose I get that you didn't because of the nebulous/shallow nature of your original read of their interactions... but on the other hand, I mean I appreciate the effort of having a spreadsheet and all, but comments like this make me think you were more interested in fabricating or having a readslist than in the reasoning and points behind the readslist itself .-.

There's a reason everyone isn't constantly updating the thread with their full reads list (regardless of maturity). It doesn't make sense and it would just muck up the thread. I didn't bring up West because I am waaaay more confident in Ari-scum than I am in West-wolf. I'd rather focus on lynching the person I am far more confident about.

In post 531, Lyserg-Zeroz wrote:
acryon wrote:
I thought was very off, so I voted to apply some pressure and see what we got out of Ari. Ari was voting Metal, but then, after I voted and West expressed some suspicion, Ari quickly jumped aboard the Lal wagon to steer away from himself. The rest of his posts that weren't answering direct questions were pretty active lurky. Post 53 pinged me as scum, and nothing after that convinced me that it wasn't from scum.

Hmm... I don't really have such strong feelings for 53 and his questions about me and Ginko. I could see that as a genuine attempts to start convo and his answer in sort of says that too. I see what you are saying with the jump on Lal, but: The Metal vote does look like reaction test anyways (scum or town intentions, idk, but reaction test nontheless), don't you think it's natural that he would then act on the conclusions he got off it? Or do you think the scumminess of the fact outweights the possible town intentions of it or something like that?

Considering Metal didn't even get a chance to post between the time Ari voted him and switched to Lal, I would say that it was
not
a reaction test, since there was literally no reaction from it before Ari switched off of it.

As for the active lurking: ... Oh, there's actually a lot of quickposting to apologize for lack of time. Did you mean that?

Yes.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:51 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 531, Lyserg-Zeroz wrote:@Metal: Like, I can understand liking the Ari wagon more and that Acryon wagon seemed like out of nowhere to you, but I'm more concerned about the fact that you didn't address or voice your thoughts on the points against Acryon at all (or maybe at least on farside's townread on Acryon). The Ari wagon was losing traction in favor of the Lal one, but you didn't really push the Ari one more, nor took note of the alternative wagon on one of your suspects (as opposed to the leading one on one of your townreads). It makes me agree with West's comments on how you were doing nothing and feel like you were being too sideline-y by the end of last phase and not genuinely pursuing your Acryon suspicion.

So I may have seemed sideline-y because I had just gotten to work at the end of the D1 and as has been discussed I was stupid with the time stuff. It's also hard to post with your boss looking over your shoulder.
I was trying to figure out how long I would have to post so I could throw in my 2 cents about the Lal and Acryon wagon but the hammer came down and we found out my reads were wrong so as far as I’m concerned it was a good thing I didn’t get to talk.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by farside22 »

Lyserg: I'm working on it one at a time. I get lots of interruptions.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by farside22 »

Acryon who is part of your scum group?
Ari/ginko and metal same question to you 3 as well.
Lyserg-Zeroz
Lyserg-Zeroz
Townie
Lyserg-Zeroz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by Lyserg-Zeroz »

^K

@Metal: But you don't have to be mad about it :C, sorry for continuing to harp on this: I think you are referring to your posts starting from 420, right? My impression of sideline-y-ness...sidelineness(?), starts from before those, for example, when Ginko asks you about your change of reads on Acryon would've been a good time to chime in on the Acryon wagon. Also, I didn't realise the mod posts had that cool timer thing until after the dayphase had ended xP... and thou it made me feel really dumb at first, I do echo Ginko's questioning of Ari questioning you on that.

Btw, are your other scumreads just the associative tell (because they didn't vote Lal) or is there more to it to them?

@Acryon:
There's a reason everyone isn't constantly updating the thread with their full reads list (regardless of maturity). It doesn't make sense and it would just muck up the thread. I didn't bring up West because I am waaaay more confident in Ari-scum than I am in West-wolf. I'd rather focus on lynching the person I am far more confident about.

I doubt the honesty of the first sentence when it is trying to cover for my comment on a specific situation by turning to the general case; when on D1 you go "I think these two might be scumpartners" and then we get one of those two to flip scum, I expect a follow up of some sort or at least I think it's fairly clear that the situation is not analogous to your hyperbole of "everyone consatnly updating the thread with full reads list". I understand the second point, but need time to think about that and in how conceding it is essentially giving you a pass to tunnel.

Considering Metal didn't even get a chance to post between the time Ari voted him and switched to Lal, I would say that it was not a reaction test, since there was literally no reaction from it before Ari switched off of it.

Why are you acting as if reaction test votes could only be aimed at the person who got voted? How was Lal's switch to Ari not a reaction? In any case, there's still a fair point there:
@Ari:
Why did you not wait for Metal to react too if you actually voted him partly because you suspected him (slight ping or w/e)?

Yes.

... is this really an integral part of what gives you confidence on the Ari case?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm

Post by farside22 »

Oh and ginko I didn't say I had a town read on Ari and I don't see the derpy from day 1 being like his bigger post day 2.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:07 pm

Post by farside22 »

Lyse: if I don't get to ginko read by the end of thursday poke at me.
I'm pretty beat tonight.
Lyserg-Zeroz
Lyserg-Zeroz
Townie
Lyserg-Zeroz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:17 pm

Post by Lyserg-Zeroz »

^Will do. Btw, I can see were Ginko's coming from with the derpy point. Things that I could call derpy from Ari d1 are stuff like apparently taking RVS jokes too seriously. You saying that one big post was one of Ari's best but then calling it derpy also feels a bit weird. Can you expand on how it is derpy to you and if this means anything alignment-wise to you?
prawneater
prawneater
Goon
prawneater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:07 pm

Post by prawneater »

UNVOTE: Aristophanes

I was hoping more people would jump on Aristophanes.

Aristophanes is a bad lynch. Aristophanes is lowhanging fruit and an easy vote-park. We should stop talking about him and we should instead be looking at anyone currently on his wagon.

Based on how many votes were on him, it's impossible for mafia to be with him unless they were bussing D1. Lalendra the werewolf also voted him D1. He's confirmed town for me.

9 voters have been on him at various points in the day (Ginko, acryon, orcinus_theoriginal, West9, VysePresident, Metalcyanide, farside22, Lalendra, metalcyanide) and he's always been in danger of being lynched.

Right now metal and acryon are on him. They are good lynches. Acryon already looked scummy yesterday.

VOTE: acryon
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by VysePresident »

At risk of being a hypocrite, I'd really like to get some content from YYR soon.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:40 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Like, for what it's worth, I'm not so sure that the NK was directed at Orc. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I gather TTH has a fairly positive sitewide reputation, and I know from playing with her that she a fairly decent player. This would indicate a veteran, not a D2er.

I also don't like Ginko's focus on the NK. It feels like he's setting up a narrative. I kinda want the Seer to look into him tonight.

More in a few hours.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:16 am

Post by VysePresident »

Or not. Forgot about this one until just now, and it's six A.M. again. Heading to bed.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:00 am

Post by acryon »

In post 536, Lyserg-Zeroz wrote:@Acryon:

I doubt the honesty of the first sentence when it is trying to cover for my comment on a specific situation by turning to the general case; when on D1 you go "I think these two might be scumpartners" and then we get one of those two to flip scum, I expect a follow up of some sort or at least I think it's fairly clear that the situation is not analogous to your hyperbole of "everyone consatnly updating the thread with full reads list". I understand the second point, but need time to think about that and in how conceding it is essentially giving you a pass to tunnel.

Perhaps I was being a little hyperbolic, but I think my point stands. No one is a completely open book, and everyone has thoughts in their head that will come out when they decide it's the right time. It's no different for me.

In post 536, Lyserg-Zeroz wrote:
Considering Metal didn't even get a chance to post between the time Ari voted him and switched to Lal, I would say that it was not a reaction test, since there was literally no reaction from it before Ari switched off of it.

Why are you acting as if reaction test votes could only be aimed at the person who got voted? How was Lal's switch to Ari not a reaction?

Lal's switch to Ari was a reaction, but I think, if anything, he was looking for an opportunity as scum. And he may have thought it was likely someone would bite on his naked vote. The problem is, if he is town, he should expect people to jump on him for that, so I don't buy it as a reaction test from town in that way.

In post 536, Lyserg-Zeroz wrote:
Yes.

... is this really an integral part of what gives you confidence on the Ari case?
[/quote]
No.
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:02 am

Post by Honey bee »

*Prodding YYR*
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:06 am

Post by acryon »

In post 540, prawneater wrote:UNVOTE: Aristophanes

I was hoping more people would jump on Aristophanes.

Aristophanes is a bad lynch. Aristophanes is lowhanging fruit and an easy vote-park. We should stop talking about him and we should instead be looking at anyone currently on his wagon.

Based on how many votes were on him, it's impossible for mafia to be with him unless they were bussing D1. Lalendra the werewolf also voted him D1. He's confirmed town for me.

...What? So it's impossible unless mafia were bussing D1 (because that's unlikely :roll:). There were 6 different people on him day 1, and you are listing him as confirmed town to you because you don't think scum would bus D1? This is actually insane.

In post 540, prawneater wrote:9 voters have been on him at various points in the day (Ginko, acryon, orcinus_theoriginal, West9, VysePresident, Metalcyanide, farside22, Lalendra, metalcyanide) and he's always been in danger of being lynched.

Right now metal and acryon are on him. They are good lynches.

This is not how logic works.

In post 535, farside22 wrote:Acryon who is part of your scum group?

:good:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:15 am

Post by farside22 »

My question was worded terrible.

I should be asking this better.

Acryon: who do you see as scum together and why?

I'm looking for ari, ginko and metal to anwser that as well.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:17 am

Post by acryon »

In post 547, farside22 wrote:My question was worded terrible.

Oh haha that makes more sense. I was wondering what you were expecting there.

For the scum-team, I see Ari, Lyserg, and Vyse.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:34 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 548, acryon wrote:
In post 547, farside22 wrote:My question was worded terrible.

Oh haha that makes more sense. I was wondering what you were expecting there.

For the scum-team, I see Ari, Lyserg, and Vyse.

Why?

Lyse: I expect derpy during rvs, but as I said day 1 about ari the derpy didn't match up. Example he says he was joking about something, but then says it again seriously. That joke looks less jokey.

Return to “Completed Open Games”