BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:41 pm

Post by BBmolla »

(Not saying he is, but those two posts are very much the day 1 first 10 pages of the game style of posting over there.)
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 20, TheCow wrote:#newplayerswag
No grudge kills here.

No grudge kills here.

No grudge kills here.

No grudge kills here.

No grudge kills here.

Please tell me the town thought process for posting this post in particular. Like. I literally can't think of any.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:43 pm

Post by BBmolla »

"I'm gonna make a fluffy useless post referencing the setup so everyone likes me."

I guess? But that seems more scum oriented thinking imo.
Morgan
Morgan
Goon
Morgan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:46 pm

Post by Morgan »

Fluff posts aren't really alignment-indicative unless there's meta to back it up.
Morgan
Morgan
Goon
Morgan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by Morgan »

You remind me of Antihero.

This is going to be fun.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Vote Count 1.10
Albert B. Rampage (5)
-
pisskop, Astinus, vettrock, Teapot, BBMolla

Teapot (4)
-
texcat, Albert B. Rampage, archaebob, Morgan

Not Voting:
theslimer3, TheCow, Sup-Zero

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2015-02-14 21:36:32).
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by archaebob »

Teapot isn't new. Looks like he's an alt for someone. I've been back and forth on him. There's something insubstantial in his play - he mires himself in abstractions, and adds in extra sentences when he's doing things to smooth over his appearance. He has a sense of pro-town rhythm, but his actual reads aren't as confident as his writing. When he's been aggressive, it's usually in defense of something brittle, something he can hang his hat on. "We should pressure the lurkers, who's with me? " or "if X flips scum, then Y isn't." His recent defense feels manipulative, partially for these reasons. He's trying to logically dig his way out - "publicly held read." I'm not getting the honesty from him I need. He probably isn't the best lynch today, but I'm confused as to why BB is town reading him so heavily. I think if I were scum at his stage of development I could be just as energetic and engaged as he's been - it's just a matter of being there. Of wanting it.

Morgan I've been town reading, mostly because he arrives independently at a lot of the same feelings as me. His writing flows honestly enough, except for his first post, and his most recent post. Really don't love this last Teapot vote - seems like a bogus contradiction he's pointing out, and an exaggerated display of triumph. Until these recent replacements the game was suffocated by a lot of inactivity and noobery, so I was going out of my way not to question townreads on competent players when I had them. Overall, I think his stance towards Teapot is reasonable - he's reacting to some of the same stuff as me. I think. I don't fully trust him, but I'm not gonna put my head there right now.

Sup-Zero feels like town.

Texcat feels nervous. I think town though. Just made an overcalculated post. Hasn't been around enough recently though.

TheCow feels scummy, but, also just, sooooo much noob. I'm trying to figure out what I think should be done about players like this - how to not let them slip by, but also not monopolize town discussion early in the game with mostly one dimensional suspicions. He does look like noob scum. I wasn't going to derail discussion onto him at this point in the day, but I wouldn't fight his lynch.

ABR is my strongest scum read. There's no bite in him. Anywhere. And a whole lot of bull. I guess there's the possibility he's town who just really gives no fucks - like it wouldn't surprise me if Albert B. Rampage the human being has less than totally competitive motives for still playing games on this site. But I'm done psyching myself out trying to sort through that stuff; last time I did that when I had a scumread on him he came up Godfather. It's touch, cos I generally I dislike stringing up good players on Day 1. I believe in town environments and such and such. But there's really no indication that Rampage is going to be asset this game.

unvote

I definitely recommend Astinus as the vig kill - scummy and contentless. Actually pretty scummy though. Feels more like noobscum than noobtown.

Will most likely vote for ABR towards deadline.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:51 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 303, Morgan wrote:Fluff posts aren't really alignment-indicative unless there's meta to back it up.

It's not the fluff posts that bother me. It's the lack of other posts. It's the lack of opinions on people. And in particular there's no vote. Sitting on the sidelines waiting to see which way the wind is blowing? Looks like scum to me.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:53 pm

Post by archaebob »

* "It's
tough
, cos I generally dislike stringing up good players on Day 1..."
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:02 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Looking for a replacement for Astinus as she has not posted despite receiving her prod. :/
She can stay if she posts before I find one.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 303, Morgan wrote:Fluff posts aren't really alignment-indicative unless there's meta to back it up.

What town thought process makes someone post that
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Cause it's not true fluff, it's game relevent.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 40, TheCow wrote:Food for thought: would Mafia vote on a day one lynch, when they run the risk of being killed by the D1 Vengeance?

And I mean like

really
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 296, BBmolla wrote:
In post 290, Morgan wrote:My read on Cow has gotten stale over the years.

Why was it a townread

^I answered your deflection, your turn Morgs.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:12 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 306, archaebob wrote:but I'm confused as to why BB is town reading him so heavily.

To be quite frank because he had 86 posts and I thought he was new.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:19 pm

Post by vettrock »

My vote is on ABR. I don't think he has posted more than one line all game. If he is town, he is not really helping town find scum. I think the post with the most content other than is naked votes is:
In post 275, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Astinus and Teapot are my two suspects.

Where he provides some unsubstantiated read with no reasoning behind them. I don't really see him participating more in the future to enable us to get a good read on him. One could argue we could let him coast along and lynch him tomorrow, but are we going to get any better read tomorrow than today? It doesn't see likely.

In post 312, BBmolla wrote:
In post 40, TheCow wrote:Food for thought: would Mafia vote on a day one lynch, when they run the risk of being killed by the D1 Vengeance?

And I mean like

really
I saw that the first time, and meant to comment, but I forgot about it. This looks like newbscum trying to get a hint from town as to how they should vote to avoid suspicion. Probably would have been better asked in the scum PT instead.

Morgan and archbob both seem pretty town to me.

I've played one game before with BBMolla. He was scum and I was town. I'm going to go back and review it and see what kind of indicators it gives me.
Morgan
Morgan
Goon
Morgan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by Morgan »

I quickslotted him for a reason I don't feel like sharing, because in hindsight, it sucks.

(It was for admitting to newbie lurking instead of trying to convince us he wasn't lurking.)
Morgan
Morgan
Goon
Morgan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:21 pm

Post by Morgan »

Pop quiz.

ABR is town and intentionally letting himself get lynched for the vengeshot: y/n.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:24 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 87, Teapot wrote:
In post 82, droog wrote:
In post 41, Teapot wrote:
In post 39, droog wrote:fair warning
for everyone who hasnt done nightless

these are long games
and since were in setup spec
i want to avoid grind

Yeah, I already knew this. Now droog, your play so far doesn't feel like it usually does. You usually have some comments out on people by now.

do i know you

Yes

In post 107, Teapot wrote:
In post 104, archaebob wrote:@ Astinus -

Hi! Could you please get an avatar? It helps a lot while reading to be able to associate an image with a personality, as a visual cue.

@ everyone -

Quick survey.

1) How many games have you played on this site?
2) How old are you in real life?
3) What's the coolest thing you've ever seen on the internet? Where can I find it?
1. A lot.
2. Over 9000
3. I dunno, check 9gag at 9gag.com

Yes, Teapot is an alt of someone here, but doesn't want to reveal who, otherwise there would be no need for an alt.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:27 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 317, Morgan wrote:Pop quiz.

ABR is town and intentionally letting himself get lynched for the vengeshot: y/n.

If he is town, that is what he is doing. If he is scum, that is what he wants us to believe so that we think he is town. If scum, he is probably not the 2-shot vig, as that would be pretty risky behavior.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:28 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 317, Morgan wrote:Pop quiz.

No. I would wager pushing a meta point at the expense of dying D1 at best.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:41 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Unvote, vote Albert B. Rampage

Let's go. Time to give me the vig shot. I love being a hero.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I'm okay with this regardless of the outcome.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:48 pm

I always coast D1 and then get more engaged with the game D2 onwards. That's what I do in every game as town.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:49 pm

Unless I take notice of something that convinced me someone is scum. But since that hasn't happened this game yet, do you really want to trust me with the kill?

Unvote, vote Teapot

Return to “Completed Open Games”