pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:43 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 1033, Klingoncelt wrote:Was there anything Towny about either?

Do you think the lurkers/inactive slots of this game are scummier than all of the active slots?
Who do you want to lynch?

In post 1057, Klingoncelt wrote:Your game is off, House. You're nitpicky and boring.

Ohh? Do you know House's play?

In post 1065, Klingoncelt wrote:Dood. I thinks you haz scumz.
VOTE: House

Image So its not just me.

In post 1071, Klingoncelt wrote:Maybe it's just that I'm used to everyone's psycho playstyle at USMB. I'm reading the game going on over there, it's full of rage and aggro. I'm surprised no one's had a heart attack yet.

I may have to see how that site is like. I've heard of it via one of my other forums, but never went.

In post 1063, House wrote:
In post 1061, Klingoncelt wrote:So why Kitz, boringHouse?

Why should I bother humoring questions from someone who is intent on insulting me?

You're being awfully oversensitive. That's like a love tap, even for a casual game of mafia.
. Also quitting a game would hurt the players as much as any actual offenders. Reconsider.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:43 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 1111, Ellie wrote:I am now part of this game.

Hi! You sound like you know your way around a large game.

In post 1140, elusive wrote:pisskop, NakedJogger is being a really antagonistic brat. Do you have any concerns about this?

He's being a bit antagonistic. He seems to play like that. I don't approve, but he isn't threatening people or attacking people over their play.
. Do you think he's being predatory or opportunistic in his attacks?
. Did you notice my questions?

In post 1149, MathBlade wrote:If you have any questions please let me know especially if acryon missed anything they were supposed to address.

Hi! Must be interesting to be a twin.
. Acryon played a closed-up game. How do you play?

In post 1150, Boonskiies wrote:Mm, I don't find the need to point out people using incorrect pronouns necessary.

Since I am guilty of this, I agree.
. Gender/Race/etc and their generalizations would make for a good discussion in the general questions subforum, though.

In post 1173, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 1167, Ellie wrote:Intuition and deductive reasoning were both involved.

That doesn't really tell me anything.

mmm. This.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:12 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

I think I was incorrectly reading Kitz as being a snarky quiet poster, but the quiet manner she entered the game seems to be more indicative of her being nervous in a null way? I think? New posts aren't pinging me as much.

NJ's push on her the last few pages feels pretty forced to me.
VOTE: NJ

elusive wrote:CHeetory6, why do you have such less posts? Why?
Been having a hard time getting into this game. Getting a little burnt out. q.q
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by Wake1 »

OK.

It's Thursday.

Going to wade in now.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by Ellie »

pisskop, you seem like you want people to think you're town, but are actually scum.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:24 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 1179, Ellie wrote:pisskop, you seem like you want people to think you're town, but are actually scum.

So what exactly makes you think that?
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Pisskop -- I play like me. There really is no good summary.

One of my favorite answers I have heard about my play is that I seem to play with a split personality but I seem to get the right answers at times :P I am hard to understand. Not sure what you mean by close either.

And yep...I am Titus's twin. It is very awesome being her twin....shhhhh she may not be reading the thread. :P

Catching up more tomorrow :) just a quick phone post as I thought I would be doing VCs today.

I am reading.

~Titus.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Strictly speaking, off policy, lynching klingon has some positives:

A, it's only a townie. We don't risk losing a power role on day 1.
B, if we move on to someone else, we risk outing more powerful roles (I do NOT want to out any protective roles or other town PRs at this point)
C, we probably have something like a third of the game being scum so obviously not every claim is going to be true. Strictly mathematically then, we have a 1/3 chance of hitting scum and that's going purely randomly. Add in comments like lynching 3 slots and it is definitely not a random lynch, ergo, the chances of hitting scum go up.

What am I missing here?
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:41 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1145, elusive wrote:Actually I was thinking of that too (re voting NJ).

TBH, I haven't played a game with ABR from start to finish but it seems like he's known for being good at certain town things by other people. I'd rather kill a few people before him. It also seems like he gets NKed a lot night one? Is that true of people who have played with him?

Klingoncelt, based on the fact that so far I've never played a game where scum was lynched day one and also your sentiments - how do you feel about no lynch? Or lynching someone like cheetory?

I'm not a fan of either, depending on the game.

I'm having a ton of problems with this game, such a high number of replace-outs creates confusion and stalls reads.

I'm ISOing players and trying to get some kind of grip on them, but I'm not having much luck. Even by Day1 standards, my reads list has way too many nulls. I'll re-read Cheetory tonight. @Cheetory - don't replace out for the next couple of hours, okay?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:42 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 1181, MathBlade wrote: :P I am hard to understand. Not sure what you mean by close either.

Okay, sounds fun. I mean that Acryon seems to be conservative with his questions and opinions. Kind of introverted or like an observer.

In post 1179, Ellie wrote:pisskop, you seem like you want people to think you're town, but are actually scum.

Okay. So as asked above, how so?

In post 1146, Ellie wrote:I'd be happy with a NakedJogger wagon.
VOTE: NakedJogger

. Your slot is essentially contentless.
What is your case on NJ?

In post 1182, vikingfan wrote:Strictly speaking, off policy, lynching klingon has some positives:
<snip>
What am I missing here?

That sounds like a compromise lynch. I dont think compromise lynches are good for us unless we can learn from them.
. What do we learn from lynching Klingon? If she is town, who do we examine further? Or if she flips scum?
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1182, vikingfan wrote:Strictly speaking, off policy, lynching klingon has some positives:

B, if we move on to someone else, we risk outing more powerful roles (I do NOT want to out any protective roles or other town PRs at this point)
C, we probably have something like a third of the game being scum so obviously not every claim is going to be true. Strictly mathematically then, we have a 1/3 chance of hitting scum and that's going purely randomly. Add in comments like lynching 3 slots and it is definitely not a random lynch, ergo, the chances of hitting scum go up.

What am I missing here?

That it's not cool to lynch a Townie. We have a few hours until deadline to find some scum.

I am sure House's slot is Scum. However, since there's a general consensus about not voting slots:

UNVOTE:
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by elusive »

Why would he say "Good luck town" that seems a little excessive or is that a scum House thing to do?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:54 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1186, elusive wrote:Why would he say "Good luck town" that seems a little excessive or is that a scum House thing to do?

He'd do this as town for sure. Not sure if he would as scum.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:55 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1186, elusive wrote:Why would he say "Good luck town" that seems a little excessive or is that a scum House thing to do?

It's either 100% genuine or he's trying to make his slot look townish. I've seen it done by a number of players, scum and town.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:56 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

House's replace out was townish.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

House, Viking, Kling I'm leaning town on. I'm not missing too much, and I'm caught up on the more recent pages...enough to know elusive's scum. Subtly calling throwing the word town in his post, acting like it means something if
he/she/they
calls himself town. Pfft.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 1185, Klingoncelt wrote:

What am I missing here?

That it's not cool to lynch a Townie. We have a few hours until deadline to find some scum.

I am sure House's slot is Scum. However, since there's a general consensus about not voting slots:

UNVOTE:

There is no 'consensus' about not lynching scummy slots. There is one about not randomly lynching them simply because they are replacing out. If house was a scum read before then there is not reason to change that until his replacement moves the read.

Your last scum post was more like lets lynch these guys because they replaced out even though I don't have a single thing to identify them as scum.

This post reads more like making useless excuses.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:27 pm

Post by Ellie »

In post 1184, pisskop wrote:Okay. So as asked above, how so?

This is the measured response of scum trying to look unruffled.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:27 pm

Post by Ellie »

You ask questions. Ask for clarifications. Take small but boring positions. Light buddying - me & klingon on this page. No substance, but consistently doing things that
look
like substance.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:27 pm

Post by Ellie »

So you are scum. But I want to wagon NakedJogger first because he irritates me more.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:39 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1191, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 1185, Klingoncelt wrote:

UNVOTE:

There is no 'consensus' about not lynching scummy slots. There is one about not randomly lynching them simply because they are replacing out. If house was a scum read before then there is not reason to change that until his replacement moves the read.

Your last scum post was more like lets lynch these guys because they replaced out even though I don't have a single thing to identify them as scum.

This post reads more like making useless excuses.

You interpret things with a knee-jerk.

In the first place, there's only one lynch per Day, so all the replace-outs couldn't possibly all get lynched right away.

Second, I was asking a question, as opposed to OMG LET'S LYNCH THESE SLOTS NOW SHEEP ME YOU MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just wanted to see how others felt. Of course I wouldn't want to lynch a slot that most were reading as Town, but if one of them were looking pretty scummy...

And there
was
shit hitting the fan over my question, enough that I will withdraw any votes I have on a replace-out.

FA, I don't do useless excuses. You know that.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:56 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1183, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1145, elusive wrote:Actually I was thinking of that too (re voting NJ).

TBH, I haven't played a game with ABR from start to finish but it seems like he's known for being good at certain town things by other people. I'd rather kill a few people before him. It also seems like he gets NKed a lot night one? Is that true of people who have played with him?

Klingoncelt, based on the fact that so far I've never played a game where scum was lynched day one and also your sentiments - how do you feel about no lynch? Or lynching someone like cheetory?

I'm not a fan of either, depending on the game.

I'm having a ton of problems with this game, such a high number of replace-outs creates confusion and stalls reads.

I'm ISOing players and trying to get some kind of grip on them, but I'm not having much luck. Even by Day1 standards, my reads list has way too many nulls. I'll re-read Cheetory tonight. @Cheetory - don't replace out for the next couple of hours, okay?

Okay, I ISO'd Cheetory, and I have him at leaning Town. Funny thing, while I was going over his ISO, I noticed some scumminess coming from FA, some meaning lots.

He's being very conservative this game with his own play, but he's pretty accusatory when another player makes a questionable post. It's like going from vanilla pudding to horseradish. He doesn't want his own play to stand out, he does want others' play called into question. FoS FA_Q2.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:56 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1038, House wrote:Does a person deserve to die over a single post?

I think it really depends on the post. However in this case, that first post on it's own isn't enough to vote for her, it's her trying to justify it as any sort of relevant scum hunting. If people had gone along with that, it would be a little-to-no information lynch, which works out great for scum.

@KlingonCelt;
What was your reasoning for Kitz when you joined that wagon?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:05 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1074, FakedBlogger wrote:Aeronaut is there a difference between how much thought you put into a post depending on alignment?

Not particularly, or at least I don't think so. Moreso, it changed with confidence; When I'm pretty confident I'm right, I tend to make shorter trollier posts, and when I'm less confident I tend to stay more on topic and be more analytical.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:25 pm

Post by Ellie »

In post 1196, Klingoncelt wrote:Okay, I ISO'd Cheetory, and I have him at leaning Town.

Why?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”