Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:34 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 1167, Ellie wrote:Intuition and deductive reasoning were both involved.
witchcraft

In other news, MathBlade is most probably town.

In post 1189, SilverWolf wrote:House's replace out was townish.

Agreed.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:36 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 1199, Ellie wrote:
In post 1196, Klingoncelt wrote:Okay, I ISO'd Cheetory, and I have him at leaning Town.

Why?

Why should she tell more than you did for your town read of elusive?
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:44 pm

Post by Ellie »

So she doesn't get lynched?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Post by Shinobi »

What was townish about House's replacement?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:26 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1203, Shinobi wrote:What was townish about House's replacement?

It was genuine and not faked and gave me a town frustration feel.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:00 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1182, vikingfan wrote:Strictly speaking, off policy, lynching klingon has some positives:

A, it's only a townie. We don't risk losing a power role on day 1.
B, if we move on to someone else, we risk outing more powerful roles (I do NOT want to out any protective roles or other town PRs at this point)
C, we probably have something like a third of the game being scum so obviously not every claim is going to be true. Strictly mathematically then, we have a 1/3 chance of hitting scum and that's going purely randomly. Add in comments like lynching 3 slots and it is definitely not a random lynch, ergo, the chances of hitting scum go up.

What am I missing here?

I think this is scum. Still working on VCA but we should never lynch someone we believea ret own ever. Only a townie means not a scum.

Saying you don''t want to out more powers at this point is craziness. Yous hould never want to out powers. this implies a mindset of wanting to expose things to scum.

Thisi s a closed setup. I don't know how many scum there are or not.

VOTE: vikingfan
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:01 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1197, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 1038, House wrote:Does a person deserve to die over a single post?

I think it really depends on the post. However in this case, that first post on it's own isn't enough to vote for her, it's her trying to justify it as any sort of relevant scum hunting. If people had gone along with that, it would be a little-to-no information lynch, which works out great for scum.

@KlingonCelt;
What was your reasoning for Kitz when you joined that wagon?

Her play was ... strange all along, it was this post that finally did it for me:

"In post 925, Kitz wrote:Oooooh shit~

That makes me L5?
I'm unaffected to this pressure. In fact, the voting is so fast that it's unrealistic and unreasonable.
One of these voters are definitely scum.

However, to make things a bit interesting, I have a confession. Was gonna post this regardlessly anyway.
I actually didn't know what roles are available. The only role I knew was my own, and I was all blind. I tried to look around this thread to see what roles are available, since I'm used to my own site meta that roles available are on the same thread - OP 1st Post. That made me overly neutral and would only open up later when I actually had an idea of stuff.
Thanks to the discussion of Wolf and House tho, I know what roles are around."

It was so wtf.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:03 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1199, Ellie wrote:
In post 1196, Klingoncelt wrote:Okay, I ISO'd Cheetory, and I have him at leaning Town.

Why?

He's asking questions and trying to get players involved.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:07 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1202, Ellie wrote:So she doesn't get lynched?

At last count I was L-6.

Klingoncelt: Aeronaut, TSO, SilverWolf, FA_Q2, vikingfan [L-6]

Who is the scum on my wagon? Not WS.

Definitely scum somewhere in Aeronaut, TSO, FA_Q2, vikingfan.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:14 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1206, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1197, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 1038, House wrote:Does a person deserve to die over a single post?

I think it really depends on the post. However in this case, that first post on it's own isn't enough to vote for her, it's her trying to justify it as any sort of relevant scum hunting. If people had gone along with that, it would be a little-to-no information lynch, which works out great for scum.

@KlingonCelt;
What was your reasoning for Kitz when you joined that wagon?

Her play was ... strange all along, it was this post that finally did it for me:

"In post 925, Kitz wrote:Oooooh shit~

That makes me L5?
I'm unaffected to this pressure. In fact, the voting is so fast that it's unrealistic and unreasonable.
One of these voters are definitely scum.

However, to make things a bit interesting, I have a confession. Was gonna post this regardlessly anyway.
I actually didn't know what roles are available. The only role I knew was my own, and I was all blind. I tried to look around this thread to see what roles are available, since I'm used to my own site meta that roles available are on the same thread - OP 1st Post. That made me overly neutral and would only open up later when I actually had an idea of stuff.
Thanks to the discussion of Wolf and House tho, I know what roles are around."

It was so wtf.

Ok, so that's pretty good reasoning. So, why move off that solid read and instead try to lynch three empty lurker slots?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:21 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1209, Aeronaut wrote:

Ok, so that's pretty good reasoning. So, why move off that solid read and instead try to lynch three empty lurker slots?

I didn't vote for any of the empty slots. I asked the others if they wanted to do it.

At that time I had no superstrong scum reads on anyone. Even the one on Kitz was basically over a confusing playstyle.

I mean, I could vote for Pisscop, claiming that he's scum because once he moved his vote off TSO he jumped on every wagon that rolled by.

(Actually I do have him and TSO at leaning scum, along with FA_Q2 and the House slot.)
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:38 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

So you're trying to get us to vote for the empty slots, but you wont vote for them yourself?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:29 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1211, Aeronaut wrote:So you're trying to get us to vote for the empty slots, but you wont vote for them yourself?

:facepalm:

I was wondering how everyone felt about it. Don't be so derpy.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:47 pm

Post by elusive »

MathBlade, vikingfan claimed cop.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:21 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 1180, Wake1 wrote:
In post 1179, Ellie wrote:pisskop, you seem like you want people to think you're town, but are actually scum.

So what exactly makes you think that?

Hi Ellie. Not sure if you missed it, but I asked you a question.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:54 am

Post by vikingfan »

In post 1205, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1182, vikingfan wrote:Strictly speaking, off policy, lynching klingon has some positives:

B, if we move on to someone else, we risk outing more powerful roles (I do NOT want to out any protective roles or other town PRs at this point)
C, we probably have something like a third of the game being scum so obviously not every claim is going to be true. Strictly mathematically then, we have a 1/3 chance of hitting scum and that's going purely randomly. Add in comments like lynching 3 slots and it is definitely not a random lynch, ergo, the chances of hitting scum go up.

What am I missing here?

I think this is scum. Still working on VCA but we should never lynch someone we believea ret own ever. Only a townie means not a scum.

Saying you don''t want to out more powers at this point is craziness. Yous hould never want to out powers. this implies a mindset of wanting to expose things to scum.

Mathblade, I've already claimed cop a long time ago and people had already discussed the rough probability of how many scum there are. based off past games, 1/3 is a good estimate, which is why I used it.

I agree, klingon is a compromise lynch. I"m just concerned that A, we won't get enough votes on someone else to get a lynch with some inactive slots and B, going after someone else will out more PRs. You are correct though that a klingon lynch won't tell us much. That said, I have this question, whose lynch would? I'm not coming up with anyone offhand.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:21 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

In post 1198, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 1074, FakedBlogger wrote:Aeronaut is there a difference between how much thought you put into a post depending on alignment?

Not particularly, or at least I don't think so. Moreso, it changed with confidence; When I'm pretty confident I'm right, I tend to make shorter trollier posts, and when I'm less confident I tend to stay more on topic and be more analytical.

I find it oddly meticulous that you conceived the answer and copied it, wrote and posted the question, pasted the answer, topped it off with a nonchalant remark:

In post 96, Aeronaut wrote:Ok. Let's generate discussion

@Everyone: what's the biggest flaw in your towngame? Your scumgame?

In post 97, Aeronaut wrote:For me as town, I tend second guess myself too much; I always assume I'm wrong and vote with the crowd, when I should have gone with my gut.

As scum, I have a lot of trouble when the game gets that awkward point where the only scummy people are the ones aligned with you; I usually freak out and choke, and then get lynched. It's a vicious cycle.

Anyone who's played a game with me can vouch for that.

In post 99, Aeronaut wrote:I mean, I guess that's a pretty big flaw

Describe your state of mind when you wrote this.

In post 1140, elusive wrote:pisskop, NakedJogger is being a really antagonistic brat. Do you have any concerns about this?

NakedJogger, I suggest you try a modicum of civility. This dbag shtick might have worked for you in other games but stop trying to overcompensate.

I'm overcompensating for the lack of clothes and bequest of fucks about your suggestions. Never have I made a derogatory comment directed at anything other than playstyle in discord with the higher good of delineating the rift between townie and scummy behavior.

@ SW 1076, please.
What does you asking what something that doesn't have anything to do with scumhunting has to do with scumhunting have to do with scumhunting?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:40 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1205, MathBlade wrote:

What am I missing here?

We are not lynching a claimed cop.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:52 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1076, FakedBlogger wrote:I don't think scum would've suggested to policy lynch replacees like Klingon did unless she was getting bored.

In post 1057, Klingoncelt wrote:Your game is off, House. You're nitpicky and boring.

In post 1061, Klingoncelt wrote:So why Kitz, boringHouse?

In post 1065, Klingoncelt wrote:I've never known him to be so oddly nitpicky and boring before.

hmm. SW, did Klingon's responses alleviate or aggravate your scumread on her?

Mildly strengthens because her and I both know House and that he wouldn't respond well to this and when you add in she started a conversation that resulted in him being replaced..........................yeah.

I don't really have a better alternative atm either although I do agree with ellie about pisskop's tone being forced/clipped and I have a slight scumread on that spot. I'd rather not get another person within claiming distance, we are close to deadline also. meh-my whole case on her is weak but I'd rather not NL either.
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:10 am

Post by Kitz »

In post 1206, Klingoncelt wrote:Her play was ... strange all along, it was this post that finally did it for me:

That latter part would be there regardless of being voted, as I have repetitively mentioned.
As for the unrealistic votes, I didn't see pressure or lynch votes, but basically a wagon that I couldn't read and it came from nowhere. Many votes are naked, there's no questions directed to me, there was a lack of reason and there were scummier players around.
What's the point of being pressured by such an obnoxious speed wagon?

I still remain with my bold claim that at least one or two of the voters are Scum due the nature and speed of that wagon.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:40 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1216, FakedBlogger wrote:
In post 1198, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 1074, FakedBlogger wrote:Aeronaut is there a difference between how much thought you put into a post depending on alignment?

Not particularly, or at least I don't think so. Moreso, it changed with confidence; When I'm pretty confident I'm right, I tend to make shorter trollier posts, and when I'm less confident I tend to stay more on topic and be more analytical.

I find it oddly meticulous that you conceived the answer and copied it, wrote and posted the question, pasted the answer, topped it off with a nonchalant remark:

What?

In post 96, Aeronaut wrote:Ok. Let's generate discussion

@Everyone: what's the biggest flaw in your towngame? Your scumgame?

In post 97, Aeronaut wrote:For me as town, I tend second guess myself too much; I always assume I'm wrong and vote with the crowd, when I should have gone with my gut.

As scum, I have a lot of trouble when the game gets that awkward point where the only scummy people are the ones aligned with you; I usually freak out and choke, and then get lynched. It's a vicious cycle.

Anyone who's played a game with me can vouch for that.

In post 99, Aeronaut wrote:I mean, I guess that's a pretty big flaw

Describe your state of mind when you wrote this.

Uh, I wanted to generate discussion instead of circlejerking all day.

the third quote is just replying to someone who said that their biggest flaw was that they get lynched.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:44 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1212, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1211, Aeronaut wrote:So you're trying to get us to vote for the empty slots, but you wont vote for them yourself?

:facepalm:

I was wondering how everyone felt about it. Don't be so derpy.

Yea, that's what makes it so scummy.

Instead of taking a solid stance on it, you felt to need to see if everyone was going to agree with you, which is so fucking terrible. If you were town, you wouldn't be afraid to have a different opinion, but here,
you're actively trying to fit in.

Scum.

Can. We. Please. Lynch. This.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:44 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Anyone resisting this lynch should be lynched tomorrow.
2023 W/L | 1-0
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:55 am

Post by T S O »

Klingoncelt, you've yet to explain why scum would have to be on your wagon. If your wagon was founded on a completely irrelevant reason, maybe, but you made a stupidly scummy statement. So... no, not really.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:56 am

Post by T S O »

Also why do you put it out there you'd vote pisskop? Why don't you actually do it? Is it because you don't want to have to back up your read on him by yourself?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”