Mini 1648: Mafia in the Noose Factory. (Game Over)

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:25 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 194, ploben wrote:I'm curious here. You're saying when you post them you're more apt to ride those reads until the end. You're saying you have 3 suspects you're confident in. But you don't want to post them? Why not? I think we're on the same page but why not share your information and help us solve this?

I do better when I play at a leisurely speed.

My vote on monkey was/is quite serious.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:12 am

Post by Kaboose »

Spoiler:
In post 5, pisskop wrote:
[Vote: BBT

I read a few
of your games. You scury.

I know this is an RVS but what a terrible reason to RVS imo, like nothing was going to form from this, and if the person is actually "scury" why would you bring attention to yourself by pointing it out to them?

In post 7, pisskop wrote:I wish :eek:

Early game WIFOM, WHY would you wish you were scum in a game based around hunting such things?

In post 20, Zebulin wrote:Clarification for those who haven't played with Boonskiies: In our last game, he hammered without a claim, White Knighted a major scum tell in order to see their reaction, and trolled me for two solid days before I got town to lynch him (we were both Vanilla Townies). I was then lynched in lylo due to Boonskiies' flip, and the game was lost. I still harbor bitter resentment for him over that, and will tunnel the fellow Day 1 so I don't need to worry about his weird, weird playstyle for the rest of the game.

I really don't like this picture painting of someone early in the game as a bad guy for no reason. I'm also a firm believer than the only game that matters during this game is this game and that nothing from any other game has any bearing on what will/can happen this game. So you're trying to make him a bad guy this game, for acting bad in another. I don't like that.

In post 33, ploben wrote:
Zebulin is L-1 like 30 seconds into D1. Please don't quick hammer. Let's talk this out people.

IF I were to assume you both town, I'd have to question why you would come to a rescue in this way with the colors and the picture that stands out. How would you know enough about Zeb to know this was a bad idea to lynch? Did you have a town read on Zeb from everything to this point?

In post 48, tip wrote:
vote: tip

what's up :D

I'm trying to create a policy lynch on people who self vote from now on. It's unhelpful WIFOM, and unhelpful to town if you're town. Mafia love to create doubt causing WIFOM, and love to be unhelpful to town. I'll be pushing anyone's lynch who self votes beyond this post of mine.

In post 63, MonkeyMan576 wrote:Hammering this early is really a bad idea.

No one had given intent to hammer. And it's the same question for you as for ploben. How do you know it's a bad idea? Were you town reading Zeb at this point enough to think this?

This is me being caught up to the end of Page 4.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:55 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Vote Count 1.08pisskop: (1) Always Mafia
randommidget: (3) pisskop, ploben, tip
tip: (1) randommidget
Zebulin: (4) Luca Blight, House, Boonskiies, BlueBloodedToffee
MonkeyMan576: (1) Slandaar
BlueBloodedToffee: (2) Ponystar17, Zebulin

Not Voting: MonkeyMan576

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2015-03-08 19:53:20)

Mod Notes:
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:02 am

Post by Zebulin »

In post 197, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
- Zeb, it's very much not a rhetorical question. I want an answer. Your post was serious as well, I'm not buying you were having 'fun'.

It IS a rhetorical question. There's no way I can answer that without implying it was a serious vote. IT. WAS. NOT.

You can "not buy it" if you want, but that doesn't change the intention of the vote.
Ponystar17
Ponystar17
Goon
Ponystar17
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:06 am

Post by Ponystar17 »

Slandaar: You can say "hey, that's weird and scummy, lynch her" all game without actually explaining yourself, and I won't bother to address your accusations. Your one point does stand, though - I suppose that mention of Zeb probably not roleclaiming all game could be interpreted as subtle PR-hunting, although it was intended as a caution against anyone who believed him later in the game. However, the sheer wooliness of the rest of your case leads me to believe that it's fake, for whatever reason. BBT still bothers me more than you do, but I don't like cases with no actual content. Your last post explains your case no more adequately than any of your others. Also, if you suspect me, why is your vote still on MonkeyMan? I've seen no explanation of why your vote on him should have turned serious - he was your RVS vote, unless I'm wrong.

My current impression of BBT: buddying me quite a bit, regardless of alignment. Could be a genuine observation that I look town to him, but he didn't exactly pick my towniest post to comment on, so I kind of doubt that. Might be buddying me so that I unvote him/think he's town, might be buddying me so that I look like scum.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:18 am

Post by pisskop »

Pls explain?
. You've got all that wifom in your posts, expressly state he has no alignment, then imply he is scum. on a 1-11 scale of scumminess that a 6.5
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:19 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 230, pisskop wrote:Pls explain?
. You've got all that wifom in your posts, expressly state he has no alignment, then imply he is scum. on a 1-11 scale of scumminess that a 6.5

Expound on BBT, his specific comments on your posts, and how he is scum.

. Dman dude has that habit of not referencing people directly so as to obfuscate his interactions. not alignment indicative, but damn annoying.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:26 am

Post by ploben »

In post 226, Kaboose wrote:
IF I were to assume you both town, I'd have to question why you would come to a rescue in this way with the colors and the picture that stands out. How would you know enough about Zeb to know this was a bad idea to lynch? Did you have a town read on Zeb from everything to this point?

I thought the vote count on Zeb was L-1. From what I've seen on this site generally when people vote someone they know it's L-1 and they make it clear. The fact that it didn't happen kind of took me back a little so I felt they need to announce the L-1, which in the end was wrong because I had the game size wrong. Thinking 9 total players when in fact 13. Poo poo on me.

It was not about Zeb's alignment and me defending him. It was all about the fact that "player X" is L-1 and that wasn't announced.

I think when you get caught up on the game you'll see my logic on the whole "push Zeb claim" thing in future posts.
Ponystar17
Ponystar17
Goon
Ponystar17
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:44 am

Post by Ponystar17 »

Assuming you're talking to me in #231 and #230, pisskop...
Firstly, WIFOM? No. I don't say that BBT has no alignment - I personally think he's very likely to be scum. Hence why my vote's on him. I'm not implying that I think he's scum. I think BBT is scum. Is that clear enough for you? I'll explain why below.

Side note: I find it hilarious that you fail to even mention my name when you address me and then call me out on not quoting people. I'm not even angry, just... with that and the spelling mistakes (which I assume are probably due to phone-posting or something) I find it very difficult to take you seriously. Still, I'll try.

BBT is scum because he was PR-hunting, and explicitly admitted to it in several posts. I can dig up the links for you if you want, but I don't think it's necessary, and I'm not inclined to put a huge amount of effort into responding to you after your zero-effort-looking post unless you specifically ask me to. In any case, it shouldn't take a genius to figure out why trying to expose PRs is anti-town, and using PR-hunting as an
excuse
for something is even more dubious (which he does "to prevent 20 pages of BS"). To clarify since I believe he asked why admitting to it made him scummier than lying: I'm not even sure if that [PR-hunting] was his real purpose in doing that. All I know is that either a) he was PR-hunting (anti-town) and doing it very badly or b) he wasn't PR-hunting and he's been lying to everyone (anti-town).

BBT began acting strangely towards me in #201 (although I suppose he could be interpreting it as town for some reason nobody else has noticed, including me). In #212, he again says I'm town without citing real reasons. I admit it isn't much, but BBT hasn't been terribly wordy in any of his posts, which doesn't leave me with much to go on.

PS: are you being sarcastic or hypocritical with that last comment? I'm having trouble figuring it out from the tone of your post.
tip
tip
Townie
tip
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:58 am

Post by tip »

hello i have not read any posts so far; been busy. back to business as usual tomorrow. apologies,
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:59 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Been busy with job-hunting and other stuff. I will post something Tomorrow, probably.
tip
tip
Townie
tip
Townie
Townie

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:59 am

Post by tip »

i read the above post. logging off now, cya
tip
tip
Townie
tip
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:00 am

Post by tip »

i can't ego-search either. this SUCKS
tip
tip
Townie
tip
Townie
Townie

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:00 am

Post by tip »

bye for now
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:10 am

Post by ploben »

In post 233, Ponystar17 wrote:
Side note: I find it hilarious that you fail to even mention my name when you address me and then call me out on not quoting people. I'm not even angry, just... with that and the spelling mistakes (which I assume are probably due to phone-posting or something) I find it very difficult to take you seriously. Still, I'll try.

Pony I find this interesting that you brought this up. Do you think pisskop is doing this on purpose or that he has no clue he's even doing it, yet calling people out for it?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:11 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 237, tip wrote:i can't ego-search either. this SUCKS

Stop being filthy alt then.

. Also, using multiple browsers will let you be logged in two different accounts at once.
Ponystar17
Ponystar17
Goon
Ponystar17
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:24 pm

Post by Ponystar17 »

In post 239, ploben wrote:
In post 233, Ponystar17 wrote:

Pony I find this interesting that you brought this up. Do you think pisskop is doing this on purpose or that he has no clue he's even doing it, yet calling people out for it?

I'm... actually not sure. While I see what you're trying to get at, I've had a very hard time reading the tone or intent of pisskop's post. I'm not even sure what I find so confusing - I think it's partly that I'm also trying to interpret the content, but I feel like that alone shouldn't be enough to confuse me so much.

...reading back over pisskop's other posts, I'm inclined to believe that he's just not (being) particularly tactful or invested in this game. My guess is that he's being hypocritical by accident (he doesn't realize he's doing it).
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 233, Ponystar17 wrote:Assuming you're talking to me in #231 and #230, pisskop...
<snip>
<snip>
PS: are you being sarcastic or hypocritical with that last comment? I'm having trouble figuring it out from the tone of your post.

I was talking to you, about BBT. If you'll interpret the context of my post I'm sure you'll see that I'm talking about BBT when I say 'he doesn't quote the people he talks to. Its one thing to respond in order, its another to just label posts and respond back.

I wanted to see where your head was at. no reason to get snippy. That's what BBT does :mrgreen:
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 3, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:VOTE: Boon

Let's start a wagon.

I think BBT wanted to L-1 somebody from the get. I'm not scumreading yet, and frankly I don't know how to split the baby wrt BBT.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:45 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 241, Ponystar17 wrote:...reading back over pisskop's other posts, I'm inclined to believe that he's just not (being) particularly tactful or invested in this game. My guess is that he's being hypocritical by accident (he doesn't realize he's doing it).

Nothing hypocritical about me. If I'm not quoting you its because I'm responding to a numerically close post. I guess you could say its kinda almost maybe the same thing, but . . . I wouldn't
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:53 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I'm not sure it would be wise to lynch a psudo-claimed lover this early in the game.
Ponystar17
Ponystar17
Goon
Ponystar17
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by Ponystar17 »

pisskop: Yeah, I'm sorry. I think I overreacted to your post more than I initially realized - having to actually communicate with people who use bad spelling and grammar has always made me feel very uncomfortable, and I think I did take that out on you. Please do try to be clearer about who you're talking about, though - I was under the impression that you were referring to me throughout the post, even though you did use male gender pronouns at one point.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by Kaboose »

In post 101, pisskop wrote:Ploben, Can I ask your total mafia experience?

In post 117, pisskop wrote:That looks terrible, and House needs to get into the game.

I like Pisskop and BBT for town.

I think we should lynch Tip because he/she seems really useless as well as scummy.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by Kaboose »

oh I had those quoted. I liked the first post because that's a decent way to get a read on actions. The second post isn't scum motivated because scum would most likely encourage lurking townies not encourage them to post.
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:17 pm

Post by Zebulin »

In post 245, MonkeyMan576 wrote:I'm not sure it would be wise to lynch a psudo-claimed lover this early in the game.

I'm pretty sure Boonskiies was just saying things to get us out of RVS, which is good. Correct me if I'm wrong Boon.

I'm not really thinking BBT is scum as much now. It seems he genuinely thinks the PR-fishing was a good idea, and I think scum would've backtracked. BBT didn't. I still disagree on the point of PR-fishing. UNVOTE: BlueBloodedToffee

VOTE: tip I just ISO's everyone to see who's contributing the most, and tip has by far the least content per post. (House and MonkeyMan576 need to have more content too. Ponystar17 has a ton of content per post.) I'm not actually sure if he's posted anything that's productive this game.

tip: Could you post more content? It's better to have 1 content post than 5 non-content posts per day imo.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”