Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3000 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:59 am

Post by Shiro »

In post 2996, AngryPidgeon wrote:You are just sitting in the corner and blowing spitballs at dram who is a known chronic lurker.

First you are speculating that I should be aware of that fact

Second yes I am calling him out for it it a horribly trait that makes it very easy for scum to hide.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3001 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:07 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2987, Egg wrote:
In post 2981, Titus wrote:
In post 2969, Egg wrote:Titus did I miss your answer to my question about Drixx not voting Flubber or House?

Nope. I don't remember it. Requote please.

Why didn't he?

Royal wrote: Wake's entire case is he is on VLA *eyeroll*

Misrep much?

From as far as I can recall neither Flubber nor House were major wagons.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3002 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:19 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 2999, dramonic wrote:
In post 2990, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 2980, dramonic wrote:that's cute.
@Shiro: You don't need more reads though. Wake is pretty obviously scum, we'll recheck tomorrow to see which fruitcakes were so bloody resilient to the lynch.

@Freeko: You think as scum I wouldn't try to get Titus lynched?
Christ, she's like the easiest player to mislynch since joining the site.

How do you know Titus is a mislynch?

Scum is more careful about how they behave. More calculated or whatever.
Titus is a complete trainwreck.
This isn't even low-hanging fruit territory, at this point she's a potato.

W
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3003 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:20 am

Post by Garmr »

@Shiro: You don't need more reads though. Wake is pretty obviously scum, we'll recheck tomorrow to see which fruitcakes were so bloody resilient to the lynch.

Would like to point out titus is a train wreck no matter her alignment.
A Royal Saint
A Royal Saint
Goon
A Royal Saint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3004 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:24 am

Post by A Royal Saint »

In post 2987, Egg wrote:
In post 2981, Titus wrote:
In post 2969, Egg wrote:Titus did I miss your answer to my question about Drixx not voting Flubber or House?

Nope. I don't remember it. Requote please.

Why didn't he?

Royal wrote: Wake's entire case is he is on VLA *eyeroll*

Misrep much?

Nope. Accurate representation. :)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3005 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3003, Garmr wrote:

No. If you people hadn't corralled around a useless lurker or voted me for playing the game right, there would be no trainwreck.

Also, as scum I am not a trainwreck, I direct the trainwreck.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3006 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

Wake88 - 7 - dramonic, DeltaWave, Egg, pisskop, Titus, Flubbernugget, Garmr

Titus - 3 - AngryPidgeon, A Royal Saint, Albert B. Rampage
dramonic - 3 - Shiro, texcat, dragonspawn

Albert B. Rampage - 1 - freeko

Not Voting: Wake88, Aneninen, ika

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2015-04-02 18:49:13)

V/LA: Albert B. Rampage, "several days" from Tuesday March 17; Aneninen, through Sunday, March 22; Wake88 through Tuesday March 24; Shiro, through Wednesday, April 15
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3007 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:35 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3000, Shiro wrote:
In post 2996, AngryPidgeon wrote:You are just sitting in the corner and blowing spitballs at dram who is a known chronic lurker.

Second yes I am calling him out for it it a horribly trait that makes it very easy for scum to hide.

No, I'm not speculating that you should be aware of that; that in fact has nothing to do with my point against you. My point against you is that you are sitting on the sidelines. you are not taking any stances on anything controversial or doing anything that really looks like scumhunting. I refuse to believe that Dramonic is the most interesting person in the game for you right now that you aren't commenting on other things, but choose to vote him instead. Voting Dramonic is basically the most unobtrusive thing anyone could do at this given time and that combined with your complete lack of scum-hunting or opinions on relevant topics is highly highly scummy.

Now the defense that you aren't aware of his meta is funny because its not relevant to my point. Further, by using your lack of knowledge to defend yourself you are suggesting that his meta IS relevant here, but aren't doing anything with your new knowledge about it. If it truly doesn't matter as you seem to tihnk, then you wouldn't be using it as an angle for strawmanning my point against you. Personally, I don't care about meta, me pointing it out was just to emphasize exactly how silly your vote on him is to me.

I just noticed that all the A-names are voting Titus, we just need to get Anen in on this one. Speaking of Anen, I owe everyone a crappy towncase for him that no one is going to agree with.

I'm not sure if Dragon/Shiro would both go after Dram in tandem as a team (unless maybe Dram is on their team which would be a highly specific case?). Not impossible I guess, but meh.

This wake wagon is pretty clearly scums way of letting town tear itself apart. I pretty much refuse to believe that Wake is scum if not for the complete and utter lack of posturing. His entire attitude about perfection makes a huge amount of sense to me even if it also annoys me. I don't erally see any scum motivation for elaborately faking hissy fits about his personality and I fdon't really think Wake of all people has the mental fortitude to conjure up such an elaborate persona and wall it up with all sorts of AtE to boot. Like really I'd be FUCKING impressed. The only thing I can't rule out is that he is an SK and is having an easier time with this because he IS genuinely scumhunting, but I still am not touching his wagon with an 11.5 foot pole.
A Royal Saint
A Royal Saint
Goon
A Royal Saint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3008 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by A Royal Saint »

In post 3007, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 3000, Shiro wrote:

No, I'm not speculating that you should be aware of that; that in fact has nothing to do with my point against you. My point against you is that you are sitting on the sidelines. you are not taking any stances on anything controversial or doing anything that really looks like scumhunting. I refuse to believe that Dramonic is the most interesting person in the game for you right now that you aren't commenting on other things, but choose to vote him instead. Voting Dramonic is basically the most unobtrusive thing anyone could do at this given time and that combined with your complete lack of scum-hunting or opinions on relevant topics is highly highly scummy.

Now the defense that you aren't aware of his meta is funny because its not relevant to my point. Further, by using your lack of knowledge to defend yourself you are suggesting that his meta IS relevant here, but aren't doing anything with your new knowledge about it. If it truly doesn't matter as you seem to tihnk, then you wouldn't be using it as an angle for strawmanning my point against you. Personally, I don't care about meta, me pointing it out was just to emphasize exactly how silly your vote on him is to me.

I just noticed that all the A-names are voting Titus, we just need to get Anen in on this one. Speaking of Anen, I owe everyone a crappy towncase for him that no one is going to agree with.

I'm not sure if Dragon/Shiro would both go after Dram in tandem as a team (unless maybe Dram is on their team which would be a highly specific case?). Not impossible I guess, but meh.

This wake wagon is pretty clearly scums way of letting town tear itself apart. I pretty much refuse to believe that Wake is scum if not for the complete and utter lack of posturing. His entire attitude about perfection makes a huge amount of sense to me even if it also annoys me. I don't erally see any scum motivation for elaborately faking hissy fits about his personality and I fdon't really think Wake of all people has the mental fortitude to conjure up such an elaborate persona and wall it up with all sorts of AtE to boot. Like really I'd be FUCKING impressed. The only thing I can't rule out is that he is an SK and is having an easier time with this because he IS genuinely scumhunting, but I still am not touching his wagon with an 11.5 foot pole.

This gets thumbs up. :) Well except the Aneninen town thing. Can't say it better myself.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3009 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

AP ill give you a 12ft pole if you're interested
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3010 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:52 pm

Post by Titus »

@AP, show me something by AP that's actually scumhunting from Wake.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3011 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I'm back and done with the 4-day stretch of work for now. At the hospital yesterday a gun-wielding kidnapper/idiot came into our hospital and kidnapped a coworker in the RCC section, thus causing the hospital to go on lock-down. You can read about it here: http://journaltimes.com/news/local/crim ... f6280.html . I was smack-dab in the middle of that crap, and am still a bit disturbed by it. Work went well today, and I'm hoping to play the game more tomorrow before and after blood donation at same hospital.

As for reads, maybe it's true that I shouldn't be playing Mafia for now, because there's just no time for it. Truth be told I joined because of the players, because I played this exact game awhile ago. And I haven't replaced out because I told NS that I wouldn't, and I don't want to be known as that dude who keeps replacing out. It's sort of like a commitment. Anyways, you guys want reads from me, and if I were in your shoes I can certainly understand that, because it's been a really long time, and it's not cool when a player stays in the game but doesn't really come up with reads or make a commitment on who's what.

I'm in a dilemma, guys. I don't wanna replace out, but I'm really struggling here. It's definitely a time issue. But I think, to some extent, it's also a brain-energy issue. Works leaves me brain-drained. There's so many things to juggle, and so many responsibilities that you must deal with. It takes a lot of brain-power to scum-read someone. For me it is, because I'm typically very careful, and second-guessing myself. If I scumread say, Garmr, because he's hopping on wagons and not really providing much if any reason for it, how do I know if he's actually scum? I don't, and I can't. So what do I do, and what do I do if I do succeed in getting him lynched, but he flips Town? Do we even have a standard for what's actually scummy, and what isn't?

My method for scumhunting involves searching for people who use hyperbole, or those who try to twist words or actions. A lot of things that people try to say are scummy really isn't, and much of it is just conjecture. Blather. So, what? Do I have to put a disclaimer at the end of each post every time I scumread someone? I just don't like sloppy and reckless scumreads, and it sucks seeing players get mislynched over and over. I get that in Mafia there's going to be a ton of mislynching, but I should be allowed the self-determination, at least on my part, to be more careful than the rest, right? If you were in my shoes here, on all of these issues, what would you guys do? Can you help me out here, please? You might do me a world of good here.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3012 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:39 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

@Flubber: You do that, stud.
@Wake88: I think alcoholism is the solution you are seeking.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3013 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:42 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

<3<3<3 now vote wake
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3014 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:47 pm

Post by Titus »

If you're scumhunting involves hunting hyperbole, well it should come up as a positive as frequently as Bozo the clown tells bad jokes. See what I did there.

@Wake, given your personal drama, it may be best if you replace out. What you faced is a once in a lifetime issue. I wouldn't hold it against you at all. I wouldn't change my read on your slot, but I wouldn't think any less of a person for it.

Also, if there was a standard of what was scummy, I'd be a hell of a lot better at this game. AS both alignments. Each player has their own standard.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #3015 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:51 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

Wake's hospital is getting SK'ed for real. Shit just got heavy.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3016 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3017 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3012, AngryPidgeon wrote:@Flubber: You do that, stud.
@Wake88: I think alcoholism is the solution you are seeking.

Thanks but I don't need the clients. Although Wake would be my favorite if he was in my neck of the woods.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3018 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:50 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 3003, Garmr wrote:

No no no.
As town she's a trainwreck.
As scum she's a plane crash.
There's a difference!
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3019 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:53 pm

Post by Titus »

Elaborate please.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3020 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by dramonic »

On the difference between a plane crash and a trainwreck?
I mean, unless a plane crashes onto a train, they're two vastly different disasters!
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
A Royal Saint
A Royal Saint
Goon
A Royal Saint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3021 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:44 pm

Post by A Royal Saint »

In post 3011, Wake1 wrote:I'm back and done with the 4-day stretch of work for now. At the hospital yesterday a gun-wielding kidnapper/idiot came into our hospital and kidnapped a coworker in the RCC section, thus causing the hospital to go on lock-down. You can read about it here: http://journaltimes.com/news/local/crim ... f6280.html . I was smack-dab in the middle of that crap, and am still a bit disturbed by it. Work went well today, and I'm hoping to play the game more tomorrow before and after blood donation at same hospital.

As for reads, maybe it's true that I shouldn't be playing Mafia for now, because there's just no time for it. Truth be told I joined because of the players, because I played this exact game awhile ago. And I haven't replaced out because I told NS that I wouldn't, and I don't want to be known as that dude who keeps replacing out. It's sort of like a commitment. Anyways, you guys want reads from me, and if I were in your shoes I can certainly understand that, because it's been a really long time, and it's not cool when a player stays in the game but doesn't really come up with reads or make a commitment on who's what.

I'm in a dilemma, guys. I don't wanna replace out, but I'm really struggling here. It's definitely a time issue. But I think, to some extent, it's also a brain-energy issue. Works leaves me brain-drained. There's so many things to juggle, and so many responsibilities that you must deal with. It takes a lot of brain-power to scum-read someone. For me it is, because I'm typically very careful, and second-guessing myself. If I scumread say, Garmr, because he's hopping on wagons and not really providing much if any reason for it, how do I know if he's actually scum? I don't, and I can't. So what do I do, and what do I do if I do succeed in getting him lynched, but he flips Town? Do we even have a standard for what's actually scummy, and what isn't?

My method for scumhunting involves searching for people who use hyperbole, or those who try to twist words or actions. A lot of things that people try to say are scummy really isn't, and much of it is just conjecture. Blather. So, what? Do I have to put a disclaimer at the end of each post every time I scumread someone? I just don't like sloppy and reckless scumreads, and it sucks seeing players get mislynched over and over. I get that in Mafia there's going to be a ton of mislynching, but I should be allowed the self-determination, at least on my part, to be more careful than the rest, right? If you were in my shoes here, on all of these issues, what would you guys do? Can you help me out here, please? You might do me a world of good here.

All I can do is offer a hug. Best wishes. If you replace out I understand. If not I'll try to be as understanding as possible. There are limits. I think you're town and when you are town you're usually rather sharp so I would hope you can stick around. But I understand if you can't as RL comes first. Whatever you do I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3022 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:31 pm

Post by Egg »

Titus, Flubber vs House were competing wagons and both overtook the Anen wagon as lead wagon. Drixx voted Delta at that point. My question, which anotherperson or two asked already, is why would he jump on Delta rather than Flubber or House if he was trying to push any old mislynch over Anen?

Royal, not a single vote on Wake has been for taking a V/LA. Hell, it's not even a lurker or inactivity case. It's the content to words ratio. It's the lack of committing to things even though he's shown he can stay caught up and active. And then there's Delta's wall and the early Day 1 points on top of that. To say he's being wagoned for taking a V/LA is a huge misrep.

Wake, sounds like a shitty ass day. Hope everyone is ok. We actually just had a civilian employee taken hostage at the jail I work at.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3023 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:34 pm

Post by pisskop »

Im sure Wake understands its not personal.

Wake hasnt made a case for one person to lynch. Nor has he begun hunting using a new style. Playing a less focused read is going to result in more of this arhuing and conflict, although you are typical quite well spoken. You can be both concise and cordial, but you need practice. Start now. Dont think about it; start with your heart and move with your gut when you look.

Changing an aspect of oneself is a daunting challenge that takes commitent. Gotta start here. You having a a busy workday is a good thing outside of this forum, and so is paying your own way. Its an underappreciated virtue thats not being ingrained by our culture any longer.

But this is a game where for whatever reason you are proving UNSAT. At the end of the day its appeals to emotion and toexperience/ofauthority.

Id lynch Shiro today as an alternative. Or maybe ika. but probably just you or her.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3024 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:37 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 3023, pisskop wrote:Im sure Wake understands its not personal.

@Wake

You havent made a case for one person to lynch. Nor has he begun hunting using a new style. Playing a less focused read is going to result in more of this arhuing and conflict, although you are typical quite well spoken. You can be both concise and cordial, but you need practice. Start now. Dont think about it; start with your heart and move with your gut when you look.

Changing an aspect of oneself is a daunting challenge that takes commitent. Gotta start here. You having a a busy workday is a good thing outside of this forum, and so is paying your own way. Its an underappreciated virtue thats not being ingrained by our culture any longer.

But this is a game where for whatever reason you are proving UNSAT. At the end of the day its appeals to emotion and toexperience/ofauthority.
its scummy, and your irritation reads as scummy. What redeeming features have you presented?

Id lynch Shiro today as an alternative. Or maybe ika. but probably just you or her.

Eb Wop
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”