Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3025 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 3011, Wake1 wrote:I'm back and done with the 4-day stretch of work for now. At the hospital yesterday a gun-wielding kidnapper/idiot came into our hospital and kidnapped a coworker in the RCC section, thus causing the hospital to go on lock-down. You can read about it here: http://journaltimes.com/news/local/crim ... f6280.html . I was smack-dab in the middle of that crap, and am still a bit disturbed by it. Work went well today, and I'm hoping to play the game more tomorrow before and after blood donation at same hospital.

As for reads, maybe it's true that I shouldn't be playing Mafia for now, because there's just no time for it. Truth be told I joined because of the players, because I played this exact game awhile ago. And I haven't replaced out because I told NS that I wouldn't, and I don't want to be known as that dude who keeps replacing out. It's sort of like a commitment. Anyways, you guys want reads from me, and if I were in your shoes I can certainly understand that, because it's been a really long time, and it's not cool when a player stays in the game but doesn't really come up with reads or make a commitment on who's what.

I'm in a dilemma, guys. I don't wanna replace out, but I'm really struggling here. It's definitely a time issue. But I think, to some extent, it's also a brain-energy issue. Works leaves me brain-drained. There's so many things to juggle, and so many responsibilities that you must deal with. It takes a lot of brain-power to scum-read someone. For me it is, because I'm typically very careful, and second-guessing myself. If I scumread say, Garmr, because he's hopping on wagons and not really providing much if any reason for it, how do I know if he's actually scum? I don't, and I can't. So what do I do, and what do I do if I do succeed in getting him lynched, but he flips Town? Do we even have a standard for what's actually scummy, and what isn't?

My method for scumhunting involves searching for people who use hyperbole, or those who try to twist words or actions. A lot of things that people try to say are scummy really isn't, and much of it is just conjecture. Blather. So, what? Do I have to put a disclaimer at the end of each post every time I scumread someone? I just don't like sloppy and reckless scumreads, and it sucks seeing players get mislynched over and over. I get that in Mafia there's going to be a ton of mislynching, but I should be allowed the self-determination, at least on my part, to be more careful than the rest, right? If you were in my shoes here, on all of these issues, what would you guys do? Can you help me out here, please? You might do me a world of good here.

Right I have had scum reads on both you and titus since the start of the day and explained a lot yesterday as well and I don't much reason on you? Get on your bike mate that's pathetic your reaching as hell for that read.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3026 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:42 pm

Post by Garmr »

With your situation through it sounds like you need a break to help sort yourself out. You also seemed to have over worked yourself as well by the sounds of it.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3027 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by ika »

why is titus not lynced yet?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3028 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:52 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3022, Egg wrote:Titus, Flubber vs House were competing wagons and both overtook the Anen wagon as lead wagon. Drixx voted Delta at that point. My question, which anotherperson or two asked already, is why would he jump on Delta rather than Flubber or House if he was trying to push any old mislynch over Anen?

Royal, not a single vote on Wake has been for taking a V/LA. Hell, it's not even a lurker or inactivity case. It's the content to words ratio. It's the lack of committing to things even though he's shown he can stay caught up and active. And then there's Delta's wall and the early Day 1 points on top of that. To say he's being wagoned for taking a V/LA is a huge misrep.

Wake, sounds like a shitty ass day. Hope everyone is ok. We actually just had a civilian employee taken hostage at the jail I work at.

Damn, you people have rougher times with criminals and they hire me.

I'll go back and check my VCA. I didn't see that, but if you could highlight where you mean, that would be helpful.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3029 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:11 pm

Post by Titus »

@Egg, I had to go to the guts to see your point.

Drixx makes a big deal about pushing useless people but never includes Flubber. Flubber is usually read as useless though because he doesn't post anything remotely near if then else format. This highlights as odd. Also, he wants to do this as the House wagon builds up steam, but then votes DeltaWave?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3030 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:13 pm

Post by pisskop »

bwahahahaha.

Lets lynch AP
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3031 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

^ Sorry, but I'm not getting lynched this game. Killing me is the only way.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3032 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:40 pm

Post by Egg »

Titus, you see what I'm getting at, right? If Drixx was just jumping any town wagon he could, why would he save Anen with a (second?) vote on Delta when House and Flubber had more votes?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3033 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:47 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 122, Aneninen wrote:I'm innefective because of my wallposts, which are annoying everyone.
No more sentences per post than 2d6 (2-12), which number is determined randomly.
The Number of Today is 3.

I don't really see any scum motivation to intentionally changeup playstyle in such an obvious way. I think there is more motivation to improve townplay by doing this. While Anen might believe that he will be a better debater as scum by being more concise, I think that being so open about changing his playstyle is bound to draw attention (especially the random element) and wouldn't really benefit him in the long run reasonably. For this reason, I tend to think off the bat that he is town and doing this.

I think he sounds totally different than he did in the last Street Racers game. I can't totally qualify that, but I see that he is being more to the point whereas in that game I think he put in way more effort to appear busy. Scattershot questions and quote strips to people and not a lot of follow up on them.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=60285

I just don't get the impression that hes out to buddy up to people. Posts like look like something a townie would think to me. Sure scum can posture about that, but I don't really think he is there.

I like his decisveness, its just the perfect amount, neither overdone nor too hedgy, and I generally agree with is reads.

I like that he is auditing his activity a little bit without being apologetic about it his lack of it recently.

I don't really see him being a wagon against the Pisskop slot as telling here:
In post 1391, Nobody Special wrote:Aneninen - 5 - T S O, Klingoncelt, Egg, elusive, House
Klingoncelt - 5 - SilverWolf, ika, texcat, Aneninen, Drixx

If anen is scum, then Drixx being on Klingon makes sense. If Anen is town, then Drixx being on Klingon is whatever. And I'm being generous because frankly I don't give a shit about where the flipped scum was voting, especially if he was all over the place. But him not being on one wagon is fairly meaningless in the grand scheme of things. If (and I havent researched the wagons at all so IF) he really is jumping everywhere but on Anen, I 'd say that makes anen likely not on his team. Once again though, I really am not going to be bothered at looking at votes at this point unless its to go through the entirety of Drixx's ISO and read all the context which I
will definitely not do
may actually do if it isn't that big, stay tuned.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3034 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:48 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3032, Egg wrote:Titus, you see what I'm getting at, right? If Drixx was just jumping any town wagon he could, why would he save Anen with a (second?) vote on Delta when House and Flubber had more votes?

My best guess is too many scum on those wagons. This is why I don't like to do VCA so early but it gives me a good entry point to a game.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3035 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:36 am

Post by Egg »

AP, Anen decided to change his style in this game before he had a Role PM.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3036 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:05 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 3034, Titus wrote:
In post 3032, Egg wrote:Titus, you see what I'm getting at, right? If Drixx was just jumping any town wagon he could, why would he save Anen with a (second?) vote on Delta when House and Flubber had more votes?

My best guess is too many scum on those wagons. This is why I don't like to do VCA so early but it gives me a good entry point to a game.

So who is the likely scum from those wagons?

Is it possible they were simply scum buddies?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3037 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:24 am

Post by Titus »

Possible sure but unlikely. VCA alone is not enough to answer who is scum on the wagons.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #3038 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:52 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Is wake!scum so dedicated that he would assume a false identity, buy a gun illegally, and kidnap a coworker just to improve his position in this game? I can't discount it...

Just kidding lol

UNVOTE: wake

Unvoting for now.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3039 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:45 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 3037, Titus wrote:Possible sure but unlikely. VCA alone is not enough to answer who is scum on the wagons.

Then how can we figure it out?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3040 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:46 pm

Post by pisskop »

We should consider lynching Anen, Wake, or Shiro
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3041 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

Not really feeling wake at this point the others I don't really care about.

I'm apathetic tonight. Sorry guys
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3042 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:00 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3039, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 3037, Titus wrote:Possible sure but unlikely. VCA alone is not enough to answer who is scum on the wagons.

Then how can we figure it out?

Scum hunting now at the moment. VCA arises from the conflict... do scum bus or not? Counterwagons... who did flipped scum vote and why? We need more wagons to get more information ATM. Even more so, we need more flips.

The early game is trying to do your best and providing evidence. The later game is assembling that evidence.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3043 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 3028, Titus wrote:
In post 3022, Egg wrote:Titus, Flubber vs House were competing wagons and both overtook the Anen wagon as lead wagon. Drixx voted Delta at that point. My question, which anotherperson or two asked already, is why would he jump on Delta rather than Flubber or House if he was trying to push any old mislynch over Anen?

Royal, not a single vote on Wake has been for taking a V/LA. Hell, it's not even a lurker or inactivity case. It's the content to words ratio. It's the lack of committing to things even though he's shown he can stay caught up and active. And then there's Delta's wall and the early Day 1 points on top of that. To say he's being wagoned for taking a V/LA is a huge misrep.

Wake, sounds like a shitty ass day. Hope everyone is ok. We actually just had a civilian employee taken hostage at the jail I work at.

Damn, you people have rougher times with criminals and they hire me.

I'll go back and check my VCA. I didn't see that, but if you could highlight where you mean, that would be helpful.

well I'm sure they like you better
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3044 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:27 pm

Post by Titus »

Dragon, guess right now. Who is scum? You can be wrong. I look more for logical consistency.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3045 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

I am on dramonic right now. He is my guess for the moment.
A Royal Saint
A Royal Saint
Goon
A Royal Saint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3046 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by A Royal Saint »

Anen or Titus should be lynched today.

VOTE: Aneninen
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3047 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 3045, dragonspawn wrote:I am on dramonic right now. He is my guess for the moment.

Just dramonic?
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3048 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 3046, A Royal Saint wrote:Anen or Titus should be lynched today.

VOTE: Aneninen

If I were to choose between them I'd go anen as scum.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3049 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Post by ika »

@RS:

this is why i copped drixx

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=60524

now that this game is over i cna talk abotu it proper. he scum read me on that game for my play and so when he cam in and went "im town" i took it as a scum claim but i knew i dont have enough carisma to get his lynch so i would just renforce it with cop guilty

also i did this as preist where i knew someone was scum but jsut coped them (whichunt that titus hosted here)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”