Open 591: C9++, The Lunatic Ayslum (Game Over: Town Win!)

Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:28 am

Post by Marcrell »

In post 95, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 92, Marcrell wrote:
In post 89, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 53, Marcrell wrote:I found it. Open 558 Hope plus 1. Lost in lylo when I CCed scum claiming and was lynched.

Also VOTE: curiouskarmadog. I'm not seeing his wagon on random.

what part are you not seeing?

my vote page 2 on a wagon "if all things are constant"? Do you think all things will stay constant today?

No not really. It's a new game. Unless you're referring to this game, which without any day abilities will stay constant today. But you seem hyper-serious. I've fucked up like that before. Sometimes you're right and it tirns out, sometimes you're wrong. Bad decision. I don't like policy lynches on people day one though.

it is a policy vote for sure. midget is a liability. until something actually scummy comes along this game...that is where my vote will stay.

would you have preferred a random vote? why or why not?

Random? No, probably wouldn't have. Something random generates no reactions. And would be useless as there's nothing behind it to try and be a decent lynch.

However, RVS usually develops into actual voting and accusations so an RVS that turns into something real is good. A stupid mistake earlier isn't worth a serious vote.
Collatz
Collatz
Townie
Collatz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:29 am

Post by Collatz »

In post 99, mnemonicdevice wrote:
I personally think that votehopping is a great thing to do in early game, even after RVS, because it provokes reactions. That is what town seeks to gain from doing it.

Alright, but how does three votes in 22 minutes help? If there were spread out over time to give each player a chance to respond and see how they have reacted to the vote I could understand but not when it is changed that quickly.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:43 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

In post 101, Collatz wrote:
In post 99, mnemonicdevice wrote:
I personally think that votehopping is a great thing to do in early game, even after RVS, because it provokes reactions. That is what town seeks to gain from doing it.

Alright, but how does three votes in 22 minutes help? If there were spread out over time to give each player a chance to respond and see how they have reacted to the vote I could understand but not when it is changed that quickly.

we will still see reactions. look at yours for example.

question, have you not seen anyone votehop day 1 before? related (non-insulty) question. are you new to mafia?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Collatz
Collatz
Townie
Collatz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:06 am

Post by Collatz »

I'm not new to mafia. I've played it on a couple of other places but mostly I've played it IRL. I have seen people vote hop on day 1 ut they normally give a reason. I've also never seen someone votehop to one person (with no reason) and votehop back (with no reason) when someone calls them out on it all within twenty five minutes. The argument of it putting pressure on multiple people really isn't valid when the votes happened so quickly that the voted person didn't have a time to see the post, let alone respond. By votehoping so quickly he removed any kind of pressure he could have put on the people he was voting for which defeats the purpose of the hop in the first place. Am I the only one who finds this to be suspiscous?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:13 am

day 1....no.

what motivation would scum have to votehop in this manner? hoooowever, where did he say he was trying to put pressure on people?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Collatz
Collatz
Townie
Collatz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:28 am

Post by Collatz »

He didn't. That was me responding to MDs post. I don't know what motivation scum would have, but can you point out what motivation Town would have? As I said before it was early in the game and I voted for him to get more information so I could make a proper decision. Right now, I'm on the fence, but don't see the point in changing my vote as there isn't anyone else I find to be particularly scummy.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:31 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

I want to point out that I, the person whom the vote was switched to, did in fact respond to the vote switch before it was moved back.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:42 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

CKD's Sig is accurate.
I pushed tip until he was lynched.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:35 pm

Post by DarkLightA »

Alright, I'll respond to this post as it's going to lose its relevance if I put it off till tomorrow:

In post 91, Collatz wrote:Why would scum switch their vote? I don't know. But I also can't see Town switching their vote. In fact, I find it less likely for Town to switch their vote simply because the will not want to stand out in any way.

So by now we've established that Collatz doesn't know how my actions were scummy.
Apparently his view is
that town has a
stronger
desire to not stand out than scum. This is the opposite of what is actually (or
should
actually) be the case.

Now, the case is absurd, and Collatz is slowly collapsing as this is pushed. However, I think this might hint at him being a newer player being an issue here, with a lacking understanding of the game nuances. I can see a newer player jumping on something suspicious without considering whether it is actually likely to come from scum. I'm not letting Collatz off the hook, but it's a perspective that must be considered.

In post 91, Collatz wrote:As for what scum would stand to gain from it I, again, do not know. The whole thing has kind of confused me but when it happened used it as an oppurtunity to try and get some information early in the game. As for why I still think your are scummy it's because of your vote on BBT and because of the way you voted for me once I called you out on your vote hopping and voted for you because of it

Regarding the last part, I did justify my vote as Alchemist's response being "a hilariously brilliant explanation." At this stage everything was naturally a bit tongue in cheek as it was the first page of the game.

Collatz' explanation here though is something
I do not like
. Read through his iso and you'll find that he spent the beginning talking about how it was so scummy, bla bla bla. When I started pushing, he says:
In post 81, Collatz wrote:(...) at the early stages of a game where there isn't much info I treated it as more of a scum move than town move.

Turns out, this (#91) is the first and only place he references voting me to gather information. I find it suspicious how related to my own talk of information gathering in #. He seems to be feeding off that notion. And he doesn't even stick to it, going back to it being suspicious behavior soon enough:
In post 103, Collatz wrote:The argument of it putting pressure on multiple people really isn't valid when the votes happened so quickly that the voted person didn't have a time to see the post, let alone respond. By votehoping so quickly he removed any kind of pressure he could have put on the people he was voting for which defeats the purpose of the hop in the first place.
Am I the only one who finds this to be suspiscous?

Sorry about the long post.

Tl;dr: Collatz flipflops between explanations and looks for something to stick. Also, read the goddamn post.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:38 pm

Post by Marcrell »

I like this. Good post. I'd have to say I slightly townread dark now.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

/confirm... busy with work stuff. I was supposed to just be on call but it's turning out to be 12 hour days... :/
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

I assume that by posting I have /confirmed but I just want to make sure that I won't be replaced out.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:18 pm

In post 107, Randomnamechange wrote:CKD's Sig is accurate.
I pushed tip until he was lynched.

so are you voting me because I am douchey or because you think I am scum?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:25 pm

In post 105, Collatz wrote:He didn't. That was me responding to MDs post. I don't know what motivation scum would have, but can you point out what motivation Town would have? As I said before it was early in the game and I voted for him to get more information so I could make a proper decision. Right now, I'm on the fence, but don't see the point in changing my vote as there isn't anyone else I find to be particularly scummy.

yeah, I think of some town motivation to vote hop.

so did you get your info to make a proper decision? what is said info.

you said you found his action relatively scummy, but you have yet to explain WHY they are scummy. Hey man, sell the wagon to me all I have is a policy vote out there right now. if you really think he is scum, dont you want others to join the wagon?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:01 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

Is what Collatz said alignment indicative or bad theory or both? I'm a little confused
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:20 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Votecount 1.3:

Alchemist21 : 0 :
BlueBloodedToffee : 0 :
DarkLightA : 1 : Collatz
Otolia : 1 : mnemonicdevice
curiouskarmadog : 2 : randomidget, Marcell
Collatz : 1 : DarkLightA
mnemonicdevice : 1 : Otolia
Amy Farrah Fowler : 0 :
randomidget : 2 : Alchemist21, curiouskarmadog
Marcrell : 1 : Reubus Swagrid
Lucky2u : 0 :
RedCoyote : 0 :
Reubus Swagrid : 0 :

Not Voting:
BlueBloodedToffee, Amy Farrah Fowler, Lucky2u, RedCoyote

Deadline:
(expired on 2015-04-06 12:00:00)

It takes 7 votes to lynch.

I'm seeking a replacement for Amy Farrah Fowler, unless she starts posting during my search she's being replaced.

factAs we all know, insane asylums are notorious for the neglect of there patients, but torture is never really heard about. Well, the Danvers State Hospital had over 2,300 patients at its peak. Danvers was the birth place of lobotomy, which essentially means they take out part of your brain with a rusty ice cream scoop and give it to the demon lord Balom as a offering, or something like that.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:09 pm

UNVOTE:
VOTE: collatz
Dark light raises some good points.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:09 pm

In post 115, wgeurts wrote:
Votecount 1.3:

Alchemist21 : 0 :
BlueBloodedToffee : 0 :
DarkLightA : 1 : Collatz
Otolia : 1 : mnemonicdevice
curiouskarmadog : 2 : randomidget, Marcell
Collatz : 1 : DarkLightA
mnemonicdevice : 1 : Otolia
Amy Farrah Fowler : 0 :
randomidget : 2 : Alchemist21, curiouskarmadog
Marcrell : 1 : Reubus Swagrid
Lucky2u : 0 :
RedCoyote : 0 :
Reubus Swagrid : 0 :

Not Voting:
BlueBloodedToffee, Amy Farrah Fowler, Lucky2u, RedCoyote

Deadline:
(expired on 2015-04-06 12:00:00)

It takes 7 votes to lynch.

I'm seeking a replacement for Amy Farrah Fowler, unless she starts posting during my search she's being replaced.

factAs we all know, insane asylums are notorious for the neglect of there patients, but torture is never really heard about. Well, the Danvers State Hospital had over 2,300 patients at its peak. Danvers was the birth place of lobotomy, which essentially means they take out part of your brain with a rusty ice cream scoop and give it to the demon lord Balom as a offering, or something like that.

Also lol
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:35 pm

Post by Otolia »

People who aren't voting right now, why ?
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:31 pm

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 114, Reubus Swagrid wrote:Is what Collatz said alignment indicative or bad theory or both? I'm a little confused

I see it as either:
1. A scum tell
2. A newbie tell

And in this case it would be either just 2 or a mix of the two. But this is bothering me—there is a real chance that Collatz is not scum, especially considering that he's a newer player—but I think he's the best bet for now.

Essentially, Collatz is admitting that—in hindsight—my play wasn't particularly alignment indicative. What I'm trying to think through is whether a newer player would pick up on this in the initial stages of the game. Of course my play could have been seen as suspicious at first glance, especially in the early stages where not much else is going on. I'm thinking that newer-player-Collatz is more likely to have tried to exploit it for its suspicious look than actually challenging me due to him viewing me as scum.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:23 am

In post 114, Reubus Swagrid wrote:Is what Collatz said alignment indicative or bad theory or both? I'm a little confused

what exactly are you confused about?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:46 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

In post 120, curiouskarmadog wrote:

what exactly are you confused about?

What, if anything, do I take from his current ISO?
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:48 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

In post 118, Otolia wrote:People who aren't voting right now, why ?

Those are just the latecomers+ Innocent child but your question is just as valid as ever, why haven't they got around to it? (minus IC that is)
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:01 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

In post 119, DarkLightA wrote:

I see it as either:
1. A scum tell
2. A newbie tell

And in this case it would be either just 2 or a mix of the two. But this is bothering me—there is a real chance that Collatz is not scum, especially considering that he's a newer player—but I think he's the best bet for now.

Essentially, Collatz is admitting that—in hindsight—my play wasn't particularly alignment indicative. What I'm trying to think through is whether a newer player would pick up on this in the initial stages of the game. Of course my play could have been seen as suspicious at first glance, especially in the early stages where not much else is going on. I'm thinking that newer-player-Collatz is more likely to have tried to exploit it for its suspicious look than actually challenging me due to him viewing me as scum.

I do agree with you though the last time I was in a similar situation it ended up being a noob townie but that's just one occasion.

VOTE: Collatz
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:03 am

Post by DarkLightA »

What makes you think that's not the case here?

Return to “Completed Open Games”