Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:16 am

Post by Wyvernite »

In post 47, saad wrote:
In post 45, Wyvernite wrote:
not townie at all lol. seems like thats an excuse for an early tr to me. :cop:

Saad had seemed null up until this post. It could be nerves, as wanderer I believe pointed out, due to him being first vote. This however seems to be scummy. He doesn't really provide an argument/defense of his own, and instead just tries to deflect suspicion onto BBT for pointing a finger, which isn't really anything to get overly wound-up about. I feel like he's subtly trying to start a BW on BBT. All of this is theory ofc, it's a bit too early in the game to be incredibly sure of ones' reads/accusations.

you are misinterpreting what i am saying.

If I'm not understanding, or am misinterpreting your post, clarify it for me. Don't just tell me I'm wrong.
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:17 am

Post by saad »

In post 44, Mofonugen wrote:VOTE: Saad

As soon as a single vote fell he defended himself. A sign of a noob, yes, but a sign of a scummy noob.
That being said, I would really hate to meta down a newbie game like that. So let's hope I'm wrong.

you're jumping to conclusions mate.

don't like that safeguard attempt though, keeping my eye on you.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:18 am

Post by Skold »

In post 33, Wyvernite wrote:On a sidenote, what is your favorite kind of pasta?

Can't go wrong with macaroni and cheese.
Will get to recent happenings in my next post.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:18 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 37, Wanderer-nl wrote:saad's reason to vote looked a little too fabricated to me. Definitely on the scum-side of null for me. But I am considering the fact that he's new and that the first random vote fell on him, which could have scared him a little, so I'm very curious to read more from him. So my vote stays for now.

BBT wants to get out of RVS, that looks very townie to me.

Skold isn't in a rush to get out of RVS, and at this stage this doesn't really alarm me. Not much more content to work with. Still null.

About plotinus: let me say right now we just finished a game together (I'm not a big believer in meta myself but if anyone is curious, here it is: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=61104)
@lotinus: I don't really understand what you mean with town voting block. Didn't want to ask before you got an answer, but that is still not making it too clear to me. And I also can't find it at the wiki.

Everyone else still reads null to me, so I hope they start posting (more) soon.

This is town.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:21 am

Post by saad »

In post 50, Wyvernite wrote:
In post 47, saad wrote:
In post 45, Wyvernite wrote:
not townie at all lol. seems like thats an excuse for an early tr to me. :cop:

Saad had seemed null up until this post. It could be nerves, as wanderer I believe pointed out, due to him being first vote. This however seems to be scummy. He doesn't really provide an argument/defense of his own, and instead just tries to deflect suspicion onto BBT for pointing a finger, which isn't really anything to get overly wound-up about. I feel like he's subtly trying to start a BW on BBT. All of this is theory ofc, it's a bit too early in the game to be incredibly sure of ones' reads/accusations.

you are misinterpreting what i am saying.

If I'm not understanding, or am misinterpreting your post, clarify it for me. Don't just tell me I'm wrong.

well the post wasn't directed at bluebloodtoffee, it was directed at wanderer. wanderer said that BBT wanting to end the RVS was really towny, I was saying that it's not towny, it's a null tell. scum can easily do that to look towny.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:22 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Saad, you're sticking with the story that your first vote was serious?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:23 am

Post by saad »

In post 55, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Saad, you're sticking with the story that your first vote was serious?

yes
Wyvernite
Wyvernite
Goon
Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:24 am

Post by Wyvernite »

In post 51, saad wrote:

As soon as a single vote fell he defended himself. A sign of a noob, yes, but a sign of a scummy noob.
That being said, I would really hate to meta down a newbie game like that. So let's hope I'm wrong.

You keep saying that we're reading into, or misinterpreting what you're saying, and then don't give clarification. This comes off as very scummy, even if you aren't. It's a red flag. You also keep throwing out half-assed reads on scum. You're gonna have to put more content in your posts than just "you're reading that wrong, and because of abc I think you're acting kinda scummy" you really need to clarify if we're actually misreading your posts like you claim we are.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:25 am

OK.

Here are my thoughts on it;

In post 6, saad wrote:the mafia could be anywhere, watch out!

This is scum unsure about how to approach the game. You feel uncomfortable voting 'randomly' because you know everybodies alignments. It's also a subtle way of saying 'Hey, I have no idea who scum are!'

In post 12, saad wrote:
short while is an oxymoron and an oxymoron is a contradiction between two words (the word oxymoron in itself is an oxymoron; with oxy meaning dull in latin and moron meaning sharp). only the scum contradict because THEY are the ones lying.

VOTE: Skold

This is you flat out copying Skold's RVS vote in . This is an attempt to fit in, you wasn't sure how to vote without drawing attention to yourself (scum are much more self-aware and careful with their actions than town) and you found what you thought was a good choice in copying somebody elses style of RVS voting.

The fact you're trying to claim that it was a serious vote (to excuse not voting earlier) is laughable.

Votes should be piling onto Saad now.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:27 am

Post by saad »

In post 57, Wyvernite wrote:
In post 51, saad wrote:

You keep saying that we're reading into, or misinterpreting what you're saying, and then don't give clarification. This comes off as very scummy, even if you aren't. It's a red flag. You also keep throwing out
half-assed reads on scum
. You're gonna have to put more content in your posts than just "you're reading that wrong, and because of abc I think you're acting kinda scummy" you really need to clarify if we're actually misreading your posts like you claim we are.

half assed reads on scum???? don't remember calling him scum, all i said is that i didn't like that post.

Slip?
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am

Post by saad »

In post 58, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:OK.

Here are my thoughts on it;

In post 6, saad wrote:the mafia could be anywhere, watch out!

This is scum unsure about how to approach the game. You feel uncomfortable voting 'randomly' because you know everybodies alignments. It's also a subtle way of saying 'Hey, I have no idea who scum are!'

In post 12, saad wrote:
short while is an oxymoron and an oxymoron is a contradiction between two words (the word oxymoron in itself is an oxymoron; with oxy meaning dull in latin and moron meaning sharp). only the scum contradict because THEY are the ones lying.

VOTE: Skold

This is you flat out copying Skold's RVS vote in . This is an attempt to fit in, you wasn't sure how to vote without drawing attention to yourself (scum are much more self-aware and careful with their actions than town) and you found what you thought was a good choice in copying somebody elses style of RVS voting.

The fact you're trying to claim that it was a serious vote (to excuse not voting earlier) is laughable.

Votes should be piling onto Saad now.

i like the way ur thinking.

first was just an innocuous comment lol

second, well Skold is 14 and I thought an early vote would put pressure onto him, so no it wasn't a random vote it was a serious vote, putting pressure on him. he's young, so if he's scum, he's more likely to squeal, that's the way i see it. kids aren't usually experienced liars. also his content throughout the game has been non serious, trollish filler comments so the vote sticks for now.
Wyvernite
Wyvernite
Goon
Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:37 am

Post by Wyvernite »

If you read my other posts I say subtlely claiming. You keep throwing out all of these fluff posts that don't really mean all that much, while still implying that the other person is acting shady. You're doing this because you're scum, and want to be able to backpedal out of your words easily. It's showing through.
UNVOTE: Skold
VOTE: Saad
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:39 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 37, Wanderer-nl wrote:
@plotinus: I don't really understand what you mean with town voting block. Didn't want to ask before you got an answer, but that is still not making it too clear to me. And I also can't find it at the wiki.

I don't fully understand it myself but this is what I know and I hope the more experienced players can correct any parts where I'm wrong.

In one of the larger theme games I browsed through, someone tried to organise one early on. It's when a bunch of people who each think all the rest in the small group are town all decide to vote together as a group and work together. It can happen naturally in a game, without being organised, for example if there are multiple confirmed cops who clear multiple people as town, or just if a group of people all townread each other and are pretty sure of their reads. The group can know that they are safe to trust each other, work together in public, scumhunt together, and then put 3-4 votes on a wagon instead of just 1, which is powerful if they're right. If it happens naturally it can be okay, but of course if scum can get into a town voting block that's really powerful for them, which is what happened in the game I looked at.

I'm not sold on it being a great idea even if everyone in the group is mod confirmed town aligned because they can still be wrong about things and 4 people being wrong at once can make for quicker mislynches. I'm suspicious of people organising them if it's too early to have serious townreads. The question was a gentle push, wanted to see what they would say.

@Wyvernite: Those are things I'm working on improving. I will still try my hardest to play well, but if you know where I'm likely to screw up, you're less likely to sheep me when I'm screwing up. And if someone else notices I'm doing one of the things I warned you guys about, you'll know that I won't be upset if you point it out to me. I'll try to notice on my own, though. I hope to do a little better in all those areas compared to last game, that's my goal for this game.

pedit: lotsa people. I'm getting more suspicious of saad though.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:39 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

That puts saad at L-1
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:40 am

I'm not buying that defense.

An early vote with random reasoning? That doesn't scream 'applying pressure' to me.

PEdit -
Saad is L-1. If anybody votes Saad without stating intent to hammer (to give him time to claim) that will be taken as a scum-claim and you will be turbo-lynched tomorrow.

This is pressure saad. Are you feeling it?
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:40 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

unvote
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:40 am

Post by saad »

In post 61, Wyvernite wrote:If you read my other posts I say subtlely claiming. You keep throwing out all of these fluff posts that don't really mean all that much, while still implying that the other person is acting shady. You're doing this because you're scum, and want to be able to backpedal out of your words easily. It's showing through.
UNVOTE: Skold
VOTE: Saad

actually you're scum, and nice to see you ignored my 'slip' comment.

VOTE: Wyvernite
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:40 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Not that my read has changed but I'd hate to see day 1 end this quickly.
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:40 am

Post by saad »

In post 64, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm not buying that defense.

An early vote with random reasoning? That doesn't scream 'applying pressure' to me.

PEdit -
Saad is L-1. If anybody votes Saad without stating intent to hammer (to give him time to claim) that will be taken as a scum-claim and you will be turbo-lynched tomorrow.

This is pressure saad. Are you feeling it?

no
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:41 am

Wanderer, put your vote back on.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:41 am

D1 isn't going to end quickly.

We still need intent to hammer and then a claim.

Then, we have some discussing to do.
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:42 am

Post by saad »

In post 70, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:D1 isn't going to end quickly.

We still need intent to hammer and then a claim.

Then, we have some discussing to do.

no we don't. there's no reason to make me claim this early lol
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:43 am

Yeah, there is.

I want you lynched.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:44 am

Wanderer, you're removing pressure from Saad.

Put your vote back on if your read hasn't changed.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:44 am

Post by Cephrir »

"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,