Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

1.03 (page 16)
1.04 (page 21)

Tere, I find it strange that you have no read on Seiko or myself.

Can you fix that for me?
Last edited by Professor Elm on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
lufan131
lufan131
Goon
lufan131
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:57 pm

Post by lufan131 »

In post 471, Tere wrote:OK, caught up and a bit information overloaded - I really hope the pace slows down! This is where I am at I think.

...Lucan

That's not my name...
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:10 am

Post by Tere »

In post 475, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Tere, I find it strange that you have no read on Seiko or myself.

Can you fix that for me?

Yeah, you guys aren't on the list because I keep flip flopping on you.

I think I'm generally leaning town on you but there's a little bit of worry about the wordy nitpicky. I might just have a style mismatch with you. I want to think about you more but that's where I'm at.

Seiko I'm really conflicted about. I wasn't that bothered by the intro post, but I thought was a bit defensive and that pinged for me, I was "woah where did that come from" when I was reading through, and there was a couple of other bits which seemed over defensive to me, and I didn't like much at the time. But I like that they are reaching out more now. Their motivation looks OK but every so often I hit a slightly off note. So I am confused about them and want to think about them more.
Mostly V/LA at weekends. GTKAS - Tere
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:12 am

Post by Tere »

In post 476, lufan131 wrote:
In post 471, Tere wrote:OK, caught up and a bit information overloaded - I really hope the pace slows down! This is where I am at I think.

...Lucan

That's not my name...

Yeah, I know, didn't think it worth correcting, thread has enough stuff in it already.

How are your reads coming along?

Is MS the first place you have played mafia or do you have any other experience?
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:14 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

That sounds good.

I like that post, you can be town for now.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
lufan131
lufan131
Goon
lufan131
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:16 am

Post by lufan131 »

In post 478, Tere wrote:
In post 476, lufan131 wrote:

...Lucan

That's not my name...

Yeah, I know, didn't think it worth correcting, thread has enough stuff in it already.
I see... Just noticed and was like :(

How are your reads coming along?
Well, since I signed off last night, at a standstill for now. I feel the same way.

Is MS the first place you have played mafia or do you have any other experience?

MS is not the first, but I haven't played in about 2 years when I joined the site.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:18 am

Post by Tere »

What sort of mafia? What sorts of sites? Face to face, timed, what? How many games?

More info please!
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:50 am

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

In post 466, Mac wrote:Yeah? I mean I thought the explanation was good and explained your point of view perfectly and you also acknowledged mine. You went on to explain why you thought it came from town because of his actions, rather than what the scum line of thought was, which you also considered. It looked to me like it came from a town mindset rather than a scum mindset; the latter IMO would not have had as much of an indepth answer.

I haven't played with alot of you in a long time, but I'm pretty sure you know it's possible to get a small read off one post?

it's possible, I just thought my response was fairly standard so I wasn't sure what you were seeing in it.

In post 466, Mac wrote:As for the second part, it wasn't claiming masons that is making me townread him as such, it's the do not claim in the very first line. His reasoning behind this has been outlined somewhere by himself, I forget where. I guess I think that the first thing on scum's mind is not "let's tell these folks not to claim" but maybe "how do I enter without drawing attention to myself" - he does this twice with the mason claim and the bolded do not claim.

fair enough. I was reading it differently - making a suggestion like that is an easy way for scum to appear like they're being helpful and pro-town, without actually doing anything to benefit town. I could just as easily see SK-scum thinking up that kind of entrance pre-game and posting it (the idea there being he'd obviously want to draw attention to it), especially when it doesn't have anything to do with play and instead is entirely based around how flavor relates to role.

I don't think he's likely scum for it, I think it's just as likely coming from both alignments (if not something he'd be negligibly more likely to do as scum) and so null at best.
notscience + pieguyn
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:53 am

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

Tere looks town.
@Tere:
do you make anything of my thoughts in ?
notscience + pieguyn
Vilewhirl
Vilewhirl
Goon
Vilewhirl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:39 am

Post by Vilewhirl »

In post 469, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:

In post 424, Vilewhirl wrote:
I think our vote is still on BBT. I'll have to see if Gork is still scum-reading him but he can be town for now imo

UNVOTE:
VOTE: LucianRoy

This is a bad vote.

I also went back to see why you were voting me and it was pretty weak.

Well yea no shit it looks like a bad vote when you quote it without the explanation. Or are you just saying it's a bad vote because you're town reading Lucian? You can't just call every vote that doesn't line up with your reads a "bad vote".

In post 474, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Also, I usually read set-up spec as pretty scummy but his approach seems to come from a town mindset (genuinely trying to work out how the game might be set-up)

I wish people would stop throwing around this "genuine" bullshit. Scum doesn't fake everything they do. The point is not "scum doesn't actually want to know the setup when they setup spec". Its that they're not contributing to the actual game. Not scumhunting. "Genuine" is one of those buzzwords that sets me off. So fucking lazy.
Hydra of the Bulge and Gorkington
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:56 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 477, Tere wrote:I think I'm generally leaning town on you but there's a little bit of worry about the wordy nitpicky.

That's how BBT is. Don't let it worry you.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:01 am

Post by Wisdom »

Tere looks town, Mac looks town, Vile looks town

Are we sure there are scum in this game?

VOTE: Matt
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:03 am

Post by Mac »

In post 482, Seiko x Naomi wrote:
In post 466, Mac wrote:Yeah? I mean I thought the explanation was good and explained your point of view perfectly and you also acknowledged mine. You went on to explain why you thought it came from town because of his actions, rather than what the scum line of thought was, which you also considered. It looked to me like it came from a town mindset rather than a scum mindset; the latter IMO would not have had as much of an indepth answer.

I haven't played with alot of you in a long time, but I'm pretty sure you know it's possible to get a small read off one post?

it's possible, I just thought my response was fairly standard so I wasn't sure what you were seeing in it.

In post 466, Mac wrote:As for the second part, it wasn't claiming masons that is making me townread him as such, it's the do not claim in the very first line. His reasoning behind this has been outlined somewhere by himself, I forget where. I guess I think that the first thing on scum's mind is not "let's tell these folks not to claim" but maybe "how do I enter without drawing attention to myself" - he does this twice with the mason claim and the bolded do not claim.

fair enough. I was reading it differently - making a suggestion like that is an easy way for scum to appear like they're being helpful and pro-town, without actually doing anything to benefit town. I could just as easily see SK-scum thinking up that kind of entrance pre-game and posting it (the idea there being he'd obviously want to draw attention to it), especially when it doesn't have anything to do with play and instead is entirely based around how flavor relates to role.

I don't think he's likely scum for it, I think it's just as likely coming from both alignments (if not something he'd be negligibly more likely to do as scum) and so null at best.

I haven't played with SK ever I don't think, I'll bear this in mind in the future however. It's not going to annihilate my town read on him though. Wrt the masons thing, it was clear to me it was a joke because I've played with groups of players like this, but whenever you do that in large with players who haven't played with you, it has the potential to open a can of worms. As was demonstrated here. Maybe this is in line with SK-scum, IDK, I'm calling it as I see it here.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:03 am

Post by Mac »

In post 486, Wisdom wrote:Tere looks town, Mac looks town, Vile looks town

Are we sure there are scum in this game?

VOTE: Matt

Are you okay Wisdom?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:04 am

Post by Wisdom »

hm?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:04 am

Post by Mac »

In post 484, Vilewhirl wrote:
In post 469, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:

In post 424, Vilewhirl wrote:
I think our vote is still on BBT. I'll have to see if Gork is still scum-reading him but he can be town for now imo

UNVOTE:
VOTE: LucianRoy

This is a bad vote.

I also went back to see why you were voting me and it was pretty weak.

Well yea no shit it looks like a bad vote when you quote it without the explanation. Or are you just saying it's a bad vote because you're town reading Lucian? You can't just call every vote that doesn't line up with your reads a "bad vote".

In post 474, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Also, I usually read set-up spec as pretty scummy but his approach seems to come from a town mindset (genuinely trying to work out how the game might be set-up)

I wish people would stop throwing around this "genuine" bullshit. Scum doesn't fake everything they do. The point is not "scum doesn't actually want to know the setup when they setup spec". Its that they're not contributing to the actual game. Not scumhunting. "Genuine" is one of those buzzwords that sets me off. So fucking lazy.

this sounds pretty genuine.

amirite?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:04 am

Post by Wisdom »

Fun thing is it does
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:05 am

Post by Mac »

In post 489, Wisdom wrote:hm?

I don't think you've ever called me town in history. Just checking. :wink:
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:06 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 122, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I read the word penis and testicle and every other word.

Do I get a cookie?

I could give you a cookie... or you could take what's inside the box.

Can you hear all those chants? "BOX!" "BOX!" "TAKE THE BOX!"

What will it be, BBT?

In post 123, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm mainly interested in getting a wagon going right now and Seiko looks like a very good place to start.

OK. I'm perfectly fine with this mentality, I guess, but I don't really understand the whole, "someone with an early town read on me must be scum!" as though town could never get a read on you because you're oh so hard to read... I still think this is a rather stupid position to take. I could perhaps understand wariness (in the sense that you'd question people who do this) but I don't think scum reading people for it makes a lot of sense. Meh. You're probably town anyway (Oh no!) so it's not that big a deal.

In post 127, Seiko x Naomi wrote:to clarify, you scum read BBT for 88?

No. It's just a dumb position to take but I'm not sure it means anything about his alignment. It's dumb like thinking anyone who begins a post with the letter S is scum because the letter S is clearly imprinted in their mind from the scum role PM they have. There are perfectly good alternate explanations for this. Maybe their name starts with the letter S and they like it as a letter. Or maybe they're a snake. You never know.

In post 127, Seiko x Naomi wrote:I saw it. I wasn't taking it seriously; it looked like he was just claiming you and Matt were town bc he thinks you're the two strongest scum hunters in the game.

No, there's like no way he was lying about that. I will call you Captain Pieguy-sama and sheep you for the rest of the game if he was lying about it. I just couldn't see SleepyKrew lying about that for any reason.

In post 129, Tere wrote:Hi folks, just caught up. 6 pages overnight, erk.

I was going to RVS Muffin because good grief that avatar but the penis and testicle bit in his mega wall made me laugh too much.

I see Flames has placed a Hi vote. Hi Flames! Wanna talk to me?

I don't know many of you at all I don't think. I've played with Wisdom, Flames and I think very briefly not Mafia?

I'm kinda hoping Wisdom is going to come in and town it up because we found each other as town in the last game I played. Fingers crossed.

I don't mind this post. The reach-out to Wisdom feels sort of genuine here and anyone who likes penis and testicles cannot be a bad person.

Tere maybe town.

In post 130, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Saying you hope he is going to town it up implies you already know he is town.

It doesn't really imply that at all. It seems like a rather standard statement to make about someone you're hoping to be town. Especially someone who you think will make their alignment obvious through the way they post. It's quite common, for example, to see someone talk about the player Tammy and use those exact words.

In post 132, Tere wrote:
In post 130, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 129, Tere wrote:
I'm kinda hoping Wisdom is going to come in and town it up because we found each other as town in the last game I played. Fingers crossed.

Shouldn't this be 'I'm kind of hoping Wisdom rolled town blah blah blah'? Saying you hope he is going to town it up implies you already know he is town.

Nope :)

pedit: lol. Still nope :)

The flat-out denial here reads a little town~ish in tone.

In post 134, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Saying no doesn't really counter what I said.

Well, actually... That is what the word no means. It directly counters your point.

In post 144, Vilewhirl wrote:BBT why do you seem like your trying too hard?
relax. there is no need to try too hard to look town.

In post 147, Vilewhirl wrote:you should probably also respond to this.
dfc wrote:I took your stance against NM as just "cautious" + I don't think someone who you scumread voting your top scumread would stop you from voting your top scumread.

thats probably a good idea.

p-edit: its only not scummy if its genuine.
;D

I thoroughly dislike these posts. The positions here are so incredibly weak I could beat them in an arm wrestle with my pinky.

That last line in particular felt really awkward.

In post 150, Vilewhirl wrote:because you are voting people and doing nothing with those votes.
like 'oo look how scummy this person is' but you are not trying to sort or question them.
it is coming across as you 'scumhunting' but not really scumhunting.

I don't really see how you arrived at this interpretation. Could you perhaps give examples of what you mean by this? If anything, BBT has been doing
too much
"scum hunting". He could do with a little less hunting and a little more shutting the fuck up, to be honest. Although I do quite enjoy seeing 5+ new pages every time I come back to this game. Nothing could please me more.

Also, how do you go from "trying too hard" to basically not trying hard enough? Or am I just not understanding what you're trying to accuse him of here?

In post 154, Vilewhirl wrote:iii) why the need to say 'serious vote' at end of seiko vote?

Do you usually think this sort of thing is scummy?

It kind of looks like you're... ahem... trying too hard to come up with questions to ask here.

In post 164, Mac wrote:
In post 130, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 129, Tere wrote:

Shouldn't this be 'I'm kind of hoping Wisdom rolled town blah blah blah'? Saying you hope he is going to town it up implies you already know he is town.

I think this is reaching a little bit

but the Everton fan is bleeding town. keep fighting the good fight my man.

Your avatar doesn't suck anymore! Also, this post feels minutely town~ish. Something about the way you're inserting yourself into the game here. I don't mind your later insertions in the next few posts too. Your insertions feel really good to me. I like the way you insert and I want you to insert more.

In post 168, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:His attack on me kind of feels town. And that's strange because I usually scum read people who attack me.

Hm. The attack feels kind of null to me, really. I'm not sensing any real desire to sort you, just a bombardment of questions and... that's it, really. The questions aren't even particularly good. They're just standard questions anyone could ask.

It's weird. You're not exactly low-hanging fruit in this game so I'm generally inclined to call an attack on a player like you town~ish by default, but the way it's happening doesn't make me feel good about Vilewhirl at all.

In post 200, Wisdom wrote:I'm also liking Vilewhirl more as of the previous page.

Why?

In post 228, DFC_Etna wrote:pie-scum is more likely to lurk than posting like this

Bad GIF. Bad. You sleep outside tonight and you get no scoobie snacks.

In post 242, lufan131 wrote:
In post 240, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:OK, can you refer to me as BBT please, it's just easier for me to recognize.

Pie is indeed the same as Seiko.

Why is Sleepy Krew vaguely town?

From what I'd read, something just spoke to me. I used BB, since I couldn't figure out the last capital. Noted.
In post 241, Wisdom wrote:Why am I and BBT town?

pedit: @lufan

You're town for things like this, always wanting to know, a town quality IMO. BBT is town because I'd noticed something in their posts that's halfway between both of the reasons I mentioned.

This post feels really vaguely town~ish. Vaguely.

In post 274, DFC_Etna wrote:
+===========+ | TOWNREADS | +===========+ BlueBloodedToffee DFC_Etna Not_Mafia Seiko x Naomi SleepyKrew Vilewhirl Wisdom zMuffinMan +=============================================================+ | CAN'T GET ACCURATE READ BECAUSE WISDOM IS FORCING TOO FAST~ | +=============================================================+ lufan131 +===========+ | NULLREADS | +===========+ dramonic Flames682 Mac MattP McMenno Tere zMuffinMan +===========+ | SCUMREADS | +===========+ zMuffinMan +=============+ | DIDN'T POST | +=============+ Aeronaut Jeanne11 LucianRoy

There are 20 people in this reads list but only 18 people in the game. Something feels off here but I can't quite put my finger on what.

In post 279, MattP wrote:Lufan is playing a relatively unguarded game so far

Agreed.

I also like this post.

In post 285, DFC_Etna wrote:Read muffin's wall.

I feel like you should be policy lynched for not only encouraging wall posts, but asking other people to read them. Walls are antitown and there's literally no reason to read or write them.

In post 302, Seiko x Naomi wrote:oh jesus christ.

I have a town read on lufan. it's a newb being honest and not giving a shit about making sure his posts are internally consistent. there are a few things that specifically make me think this (, , among other things). I don't really care that he was "flailing" (he wasn't) or that he voted someone he was supposedly town reading - he did this bc that's what he considers "engagement" to be and BBT specifically requested it.

BBT and DFC are town. I agree the reasoning behind BBT's push on Tere is pretty awful, but a quick look at his town game indicates semantic arguments are normal for him so it's not a scum tell; either way I think his general attitude is town.

Wisdom might be town for being the first to point out lufan-town and attempting to get BBT off him.

I still don't have any scum reads -.-

I don't mind this post so much, actually. It could be town, I suppose.

In post 308, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:K, so right now I'm town reading Seiko, Wisdom, DFC, and Muffin.

I should warn you, I scum-read people who town-read me at any point in a game.

And with this, I must bid you all adieu until I next find time to post. I'll continue catching up from page 14 at that time.

I'm fully expecting this game to be at least 100 pages long by the next time I post and I sincerely look forward to reading every one of those incredibly useful and valuable posts that aren't spam in any way, shape or form. Thank you all for the kind gift of an extremely long D1.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:07 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

when i find out who hijacked my account and posted content, there's gonna be hell to pay
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Professor Elm
Professor Elm
Goon
Professor Elm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:10 am

Post by Professor Elm »

Elm's Notes
zMuffinMan
is V/LA until
Tue Apr 21
Micc + Marquis
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:18 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 493, zMuffinMan wrote:Why?

dunno, I just didn't get the impression his exchange with BBT was scumposting. It felt like he truly disliked the way BBT is playing, which is absolutely understandable for someone playing their first game with him.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:19 am

Post by Tere »

In post 474, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I find pretty townie; looking to engage with people seems disappointed thread died down when he arrived.

also has a town feel to it. Could be cheeky scum, but that's not how I'm reading it.
They are the main two really, upon ISO'ing him, my town read isn't as strong as I thought it was.

His posting looked good on the surface but when you analyze them, they're not as good as I first thought.

Still town, but not as strong as I thought before.

OK. Both of those posts read null to me to be honest.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:20 am

Post by Tere »

Hi Wisdom!
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:22 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 340, LucianRoy wrote:Why can't we post our pokemon lists SleepyKrew?
Won't that help with outing false-claims in the future?

This has a naivety that feels town too

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”