Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #3700 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:11 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 3699, fferyllt wrote:
In post 3690, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 3682, singersigner wrote:Nope! Not lynching CDB anymore!

This reaction to an abysmal reads list is nothing short of astonishing.

I like the reads list you hate.

In a survey of 100 scummers

"What type of content can scum make well?"
is there...A READLIST?

*bing*
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #3701 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:14 am

Post by Gammagooey »

other answers on the board were

votecount analysis
emotional responses
bussing a partner
and tunnelling
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #3702 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:19 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 3698, Gammagooey wrote:The first is just that you haven't done anything that I view as amazingly town that I've seen you do in previous games. I townread your slot in Reckoning 3 for basically the entire game on the basis of one of your early posts seeming really really town motivated. The absence of that isn't really a reason to lynch you on its own but seeing you with a hundred something posts and nothing that to me says "oh actually that's pretty town" DOES make me want to murder you.

:neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral:

The second is that you've put basically no effort into actually PUSHING your reads here.

That much I appreciate and acknowledge with regards to my scumreads, though I'm pretty happy with my approach overall.

You've had Titus as strong-town for the entire game but gone into all this detail about so many other players and given basically nothing about why you actually think Titus is town.

Hi. There's also another thing from very early on that makes me think she's a certain
type
of town but I don't want to point to the post or which type I think she is because I don't want to give scum any information. It's something upon which Fenchurch first picked up at around the same time as she mentioned the Shadoweh thing to me.

You're also voting Esp but haven't bothered going into any detail whatsoever about why you think he should be lynched over anyone else.

I tried to express what was bugging me about Espeonage early in my read here, but as I acknowledged above, the read needs a refresh. However, I
have
talked about why I think he should be lynched over many other people in that I've been talking openly and honestly about my reads on other people in comparison. But, again, I agree that I've so far been unable to get my teeth into a juicy scumread. Have I mentioned that this game is obnoxious? Because it is.

There's less than 2 days until deadline, the wagons are you and a strong town read of yours (and to a lesser extent another strong town read of yours if you want to call 2 votes a wagon), and you've spent your posts explaining null reads instead of actively trying to affect the course of the game. You've put up a list of people you'd rather lynch and then done nothing to actually get people to vote them instead of Titus.

Your scummiest reads are a pile of lurkers and a dude who's claimed to be able to confirm himself tomorrow, which would be fine imo if you were ACTUALLY pushing him and actively trying to convince people that his posts make more sense from a scum-saving-himself mindset than town, but you're voting someone who you've just stated you think is generally unreadable (albeit maybe intentionally so) and frustrating you instead.

You complained about people trying to lynch you earlier today as the first lynch when you were at a meet when you weren't capable of affecting the game. And the you came back and continued to do nothing to meaningfully affect the game, instead pointing to some people and saying that they should be lynched instead of the current wagons. I think you're a very competent player and that you can tell just like I can that the main wagons aren't going to change at this point without someone going into detail on why they think Titus is town or a specific other player is likely to be scum, and I think it's clear given the deadline and what you've done so far that you'd rather not do that.

so yeah no this isn't about 999. this is about you seeing where this game is going and you strongly disagreeing with that, but not putting in the focused effort to actually change it.

OK, so let's talk about my approach to things at the moment.

I'm behind in this game. There are huge chunks of it that I've just not had the opportunity to read properly from when I was away at the meet and since I've come back. You've played with me before, as town, so you know that this happens to me and I'm pretty sure you should know that my instinct is to get defensive when things like this happen. I'm pretty sure the Balto invitational reflects this, and I'm certain that games like The Wire Season 1 reflect the fact that the one thing that I know that I can do when I'm behind is talk about myself, my thought processes, and how I play.

No, I've not got a strong scumread that I'm convinced is the right one to push and showing exactly why I believe in it. I wish I did have one. For the record, though, I'd also like to point out that I'm entirely capable of faking that kind of conviction as scum or bussing if I can't hook onto anything better. Players from Retrospective Rehash know that I can fake the kind of pro-town behaviour that you're describing. While I agree with you that I'm not currently doing as much as the game
needs
me to, I don't think that your theory fits the evidence.

Also, while I agree that I'm not pushing another lynch very strongly, I'm also being as open and honest and available as I can make myself right now because I know I'm town and that's my best way of showing that I'm the wrong lynch. People moving off me and onto other people, by understanding why I'm playing how I'm playing, gets us closer to a scum lynch, even though I don't like the alternatives on offer - and, as has been shown, I'm explaining why I don't like those alternatives as well. We can't all be relentless town leaders - and, Christ, in a game like this I think we could do with fewer of them right now - and I think I've been pretty clear in what I'm willing to cooperate to do and why.

If I had the time (and, frankly, the will to live) I would absolutely be digging up an alternative wagon, but I don't. What I've had time to do is this. Perhaps if people would stop POSTING SO FRAKKING MUCH it wouldn't be such a mammoth task for people to delve through the thread to dig up an alternative to the crap that the regular posters are offering us.

In other news, Patrick and I agree that 3693 makes you look pretty town, and the post I'm quoting here doesn't shake that.
#greenshirtthursdays
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3703 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:25 am

Post by Titus »

@CDB, Response to 3640 please.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3704 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:26 am

Huh, sorry, must have got stuck in my read over the last few pages. On that now.
#greenshirtthursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #3705 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:27 am

Post by Gammagooey »

calling me town for 3693 is dumb

a single sentence about titus being town for making herself accessible is going to change exactly zero people's minds about her and we're both pretty aware of that.

That much I appreciate and acknowledge with regards to my scumreads, though I'm pretty happy with my approach overall.

You shouldn't be. You or a strong town read of yours is going to get lynched without a substantial shift in the game and you're not doing things that can make that happen.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3706 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:37 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 3697, ChannelDelibird wrote:If I'd meant "I have no idea why you could be voting me", I would have said that. I said "I have no idea how you could reverse your read so quickly". It's not like my reads have come out of nowhere, but your reaction not only to me but to people like singer who expressed approval was utter revulsion. It's the strength of that reaction that I don't buy from someone who previously thought I was town.

I don't know what there's not to buy. I think DV's scum anyway so why would I give a shit if he gives you a pat on the back for the reads list? You're also ratcheting up the strength of the townread I stated earlier on you quite a bit if you're painting it as such a drastic reversal.

fferyllt wrote:
In post 3690, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 3682, singersigner wrote:Nope! Not lynching CDB anymore!

This reaction to an abysmal reads list is nothing short of astonishing.

I like the reads list you hate.

The scum list consisted of: town (who claimed inevitable mod confirmation no less) and 3 low-risk lurker targets. Add in the fact there's no evidence he read anything in my ISO past the flash wagon at the beginning of the day. What did you like about it?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3707 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:40 am

OK, first thing you need to understand, Titus, which I don't know how you don't already, is the following:

I HAVE NEVER, UNTIL THE SORT-OF THING IN MY READS LIST A PAGE AGO, SAID THAT VEZOK WAS LURKING IN THIS GAME.

The
only
thing that I have done on that front is pass on CES's off-hand description of vezok as "lurky", which I believe was a comment on vezok as a player in general and not in this game. I haven't confirmed that with CES but I think he read the posts I made after I passed on the comment and would have corrected me if I'd misinterpreted. It was an arbitrary example of a player who was hard to read, which was CES's point. Apparently CES doesn't know vezok that well. That's fine. I certainly don't know him well enough to have corrected that interpretation. But you've run with this comment ever since as if I had specifically said that vezok was lurking in this game, which I have gone to great lengths to explain that I was not, and it's really annoying to discover that you still haven't understood.

In post 3640, Titus wrote:He also says GiF is a scum because his many posts are not memorable. There's 20 players and play focused on around forming town coalitions.

a) You're misrepresenting how convinced I was in that read
b) No, YOUR play has been focused around forming town coalitions. I think the concept is a gigantic pile of bullshit. Someone making a lot of posts without any of them having anything that stuck in my mind as defining what they were trying to do is a bad thing.

FFery picking a pool but us having some influence is good, because town vastly outnumber scum. What? If Ffery made the sole pick, we would know there's 100% town influence and 0% scum influence so what's the point behind town having more influence.

Hey, I dunno, how about the fact that ffery's influence just caused whatever the TSO wagon was? As a town player, I didn't want to give up all my agency to a player who, while town, could easily be wrong about things. I thought picking one of three was a good compromise that still allowed town to think together. Talking things out is how town wins things, not letting one player do all the work. That's how you catch errors.

CDB's GiF read focus on him not being present. Common sense says that some people hunt differently where they don't need to be at the forefront. That's literally all there is to his GiF post and the fact he missed a question awhile ago. There's no teeth there at all.

Yeah, you're right, the read wasn't very strong.

He also drops it when facing any sort of resistance.

Leaving aside the inflammatory language, I don't think you get to make this point immediately after the point beforehand. Weak reads get dropped when stronger things come up. You're acting as if I thought my GiF read was god's gift to townkind.

The resistance to having ika here when the game is demotivated and ika can obvtown himself quite well are also awkward to me.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THAT I DON'T LIKE IKA? HOW MUCH CLEARER CAN I BE? I OBJECTED TO THE IDEA OF HIM REPLACING IN BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE HIM AND WOULD NOT LIKE TO PLAY WITH HIM. IT'S NOT ABOUT TACTICS. IT'S ABOUT ENJOYING MYSELF.

There's no response from CDB regarding half the players.

Bullshit, whenever I have time to push myself to get a big grasp on this game I post as much detail as I can about as many players as I can.

Overall, his strongest two expressed reads are the most difficult for me to comprehend at all.

That's because you're doing it wrong.
#greenshirtthursdays
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3708 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:40 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 3698, Gammagooey wrote:Your scummiest reads are a pile of lurkers and a dude who's claimed to be able to confirm himself tomorrow

Except for the "dude" part, this.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3709 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:44 am

In post 3706, TellTaleHeart wrote:I don't know what there's not to buy. I think DV's scum anyway so why would I give a shit if he gives you a pat on the back for the reads list?

Because you did to singer, who has votes on her, so presumably if you were right about this then her risk of being lynched increases as a result of you pointing out her reaction. If I were town in your position I'd be taking any opportunity to call out a scumread on doing something scummy.

You're also ratcheting up the strength of the townread I stated earlier on you quite a bit if you're painting it as such a drastic reversal.

No, all I'm doing is responding to the fact that you acknowledged that you'd had a townread on me as you made the reversal. You drew attention to it. I've very much owned the fact that I need to reread a lot of your posting so I actually don't know how strong the townread was. I'm going off what you've said.

Add in the fact there's no evidence he read anything in my ISO past the flash wagon at the beginning of the day.

I LITERALLY ACKNOWLEDGED THIS

In post 3678, ChannelDelibird wrote:
TellTaleHeart
- I may have missed discussion about what her Minor Night action meant and
I owe myself a read-through her posts since becoming more active
but I do still think she could be scum based on the circumstances of her replacing in and her behaviour in the immediate aftermath of doing so. Would vote over most other players.
#greenshirtthursdays
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3710 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:44 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 3691, hitogoroshi wrote:
VC 87 (Major Day 1, VC 49)

(6)
ChannelDelibird:
Gammagooey, Titus, Shadoweh, Formerfish, Bulbazak, TellTaleHeart [L-4]

(Cheetory6, GuyInFreezer)

What is this? This has all my scumreads and some players I don't really like.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #3711 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:45 am

Post by Gammagooey »

While we're talking about DV

This
In post 3683, DeasVail wrote:

Vote: Gammagooey

I guess.

is about a thousand times townier than CDB's "You're town and pushing me".

Also @TTH
IMO Genitals have no bearing on the dudeness of another person
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3712 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:45 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 3710, vezokpiraka wrote:

(6)
ChannelDelibird:

Town case for CDB.

Nut up or shut up.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3713 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:46 am

Ugh I'm getting behind on work, will try to be back a bit before I go
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3714 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:49 am

before I get back to work

In post 3705, Gammagooey wrote:calling me town for 3693 is dumb

you're dumb
#greenshirtthursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #3715 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:55 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 3714, ChannelDelibird wrote:before I get back to work

you're dumb

no i'm pretty serious

there are plenty of posts here that I doubt I could or would fake as scum but poking a scumread to see if they'll be around in an hour isn't one of them.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3716 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:55 am

Post by singersigner »

It'd only be dumb if you hadn't already provided an example of what a one on one in real time with you looks like. I think your approach to it reads town. I wouldn't say you were town because of it, but because of your history of being willing to pick someone's brain and actually have a conversation with them to really figure them out before jumping to conclusions (or if you've already jumped to conclusions, being willing to mold your read based on the interaction), feels really hard to fake. You never asked a leading question, or one that felt like it would be a trick question...except for the whole alignment thing, but when you admitted you expected a different answer and the line of questioning kind of came to a halt, it meant that you weren't already preparing to call me scum regardless of what I said. It shows a willingness to constantly question yourself and not tunnel for the sake of tunneling, because like you said, tunneling is easy for scum to do.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3717 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:55 am

Post by singersigner »

ITT...Why I Think Gamma Is Town 101.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3718 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:56 am

In post 3715, Gammagooey wrote:there are plenty of posts here that I doubt I could or would fake as scum but poking a scumread to see if they'll be around in an hour isn't one of them.

Maybe. Dunno. We liked it. I don't mind rescinding the townread for that one post if you insist. Still think you're town. Wanna fight about it?
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3719 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:57 am

Yeah guess I'm not going anywhere
#greenshirtthursdays
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3720 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:01 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 3712, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 3710, vezokpiraka wrote:

(6)
ChannelDelibird:

Town case for CDB.

Nut up or shut up.

The fact that the wagon looks icky as fuck is enough for me not to vote him. If deadline hits I'll reconsider.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #3721 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:03 am

Post by Gammagooey »

in fact

the ACTUAL reason for me being town you have seen in 999 cdb
and it is me constantly, relentlessly, UNCEASINGLY giving a shit about the game and what's happening in it.

calling me town for asking you if you'll be around in an hour when I think I'm pretty clearly town to you for completely different reasons is an easy way for you to dismiss me as town to everyone else while you continue posting at people to defend yourself.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #3722 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:04 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 3718, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 3715, Gammagooey wrote:there are plenty of posts here that I doubt I could or would fake as scum but poking a scumread to see if they'll be around in an hour isn't one of them.

Wanna fight about it?

yes
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3723 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:06 am

In post 3721, Gammagooey wrote:in fact

the ACTUAL reason for me being town you have seen in 999 cdb
and it is me constantly, relentlessly, UNCEASINGLY giving a shit about the game and what's happening in it.

calling me town for asking you if you'll be around in an hour when I think I'm pretty clearly town to you for completely different reasons is an easy way for you to dismiss me as town to everyone else while you continue posting at people to defend yourself.

While I buy your belief in your vote on me, I haven't read enough of the game since before TSO's lynch to fairly gauge how relentless and unceasing you've been in the pursuit of my murder, so I don't actually think that's directly applicable here, though my experience there is certainly informing my read on you here.
#greenshirtthursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #3724 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:23 am

Post by Gammagooey »

and since you're going into your own play a bunch let me give you a little bit about my own

Unless there's a legitimate misunderstanding of what someone's doing, I think most defenses are basically worthless. They generally give one possibility or explanation of a person's motives and motivations, the quality of which is usually much more based on the player's skill than the player's alignment. The best you're going to get from explaining your play to me is going to be "yeah that could be true."

If you want me to actually try to direct your wagon elsewhere, you're going to at least give some pretty damn detailed reasons for why you think someone else is scum or why titus is town, and probably both. What you're doing now isn't good enough.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”