Newbie 1596: Exotic Birds (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
deep-city-lights
deep-city-lights
Goon
deep-city-lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:24 am

Post by deep-city-lights »

...And I just got myself worked up and wasted probably close to an hour of my time. Even though I promised myself I wouldn't... ffffffffffffffffffuck.

This game is infuriating.

No, I'm not upset that I'm being lynched, because I want out. But the way town has been going about this game both day 1 and now on day 2 is just so
wrong
, and the boatload of different reasons is infuriating.

Ever thought about how if you guys were actually so sure of me being scum like you love saying, you'd be able to stick to a few reasons instead of dumping anything you can think of and twisting it any way you need to justify my mislynch to yourselves?

Yeah, well. I'm out. And I promised not to self-hammer, so I won't. Just make sure you give me your sentences/reasons when you lock up.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:10 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 474, deep-city-lights wrote:
Give me a fucking break, Plotinus. It's pretty obvious I hadn't read a single post besides seeing the big L-1 text when I replaced in, and that I hadn't read anything besides the last page or two when I began my catch-up. Not to mention with the argument you're making regarding my VT claim, there's literally nothing I could have done that you wouldn't call scummy. I claim Jailkeeper, I claim Tracker, I claim VT - whichever of those I had done even if I was scum, the way you're talking about it it's pretty clear you're either scum or shitty town bending a point in any direction you can to support your tunnel.

I was referring to your claim in , that you made over a full day after replacing in. Your very first post said that you were town so you must have known on some level that whether you were town was in suspicion, even though you seemed to think Reubus wasn't you, still you knew enough to claim that you were town. But almost a full day goes by and then you claim vanilla townie in bold print. That was more than enough time to read up on things or see if your predecessor had claimed anything.

I was not saying that it would be scummy no matter what you claimed. I said it was scummy that you were trying to get town points for choosing to claim VT instead of a power role. Like assume for a moment that wyvernite is a vanilla townie, which he could be, if wyvernite claimed vanilla townie would he then start saying "and I could have claimed something else but I didn't so that makes me more towny"? No. It wasn't the claim itself it was the language around it.

If I was scum I would have seen how doomed my slot was.

Sure, but you've been coming off like a person who likes a challenge, an experienced player who created an alt to have some fun (which is totally fine and I'm not asking who you're an alt of because that's your own business). I think you've played this slot extremely well, and if you'd started the game in the slot maybe we wouldn't be lynching you today because the slips you've made have been small enough that they could have passed under the radar.

Also, the idea that everyone ISOs their slot when they replace in is extremely fallacious.

I can't prove whether you read or not, but over 24 hours passed between your first post and your claim so it's not impossible that you could have seen saad's vanilla townie claim which happened pretty early on, page 3 or 4.
Wyvernite
Wyvernite
Goon
Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:13 pm

Post by Wyvernite »

In post 476, Plotinus wrote:Sure, but you've been coming off like a person who likes a challenge, an experienced player who created an alt to have some fun (which is totally fine and I'm not asking who you're an alt of because that's your own business). I think you've played this slot extremely well, and if you'd started the game in the slot maybe we wouldn't be lynching you today because
the slips you've made have been small enough that they could have passed under the radar

What slips are these exactly?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 475, deep-city-lights wrote:...And I just got myself worked up and wasted probably close to an hour of my time. Even though I promised myself I wouldn't... ffffffffffffffffffuck.

This game is infuriating.

No, I'm not upset that I'm being lynched, because I want out. But the way town has been going about this game both day 1 and now on day 2 is just so
wrong
, and the boatload of different reasons is infuriating.

Ever thought about how if you guys were actually so sure of me being scum like you love saying, you'd be able to stick to a few reasons instead of dumping anything you can think of and twisting it any way you need to justify my mislynch to yourselves?

Yeah, well. I'm out. And I promised not to self-hammer, so I won't. Just make sure you give me your sentences/reasons when you lock up.

What about the way we're going about this is so wrong? I know I'm prone to skimming more than I should, but I have yet to see you provide literally anything that would convince us otherwise. You read a handfull of pages and made your decisions based off of the first two pages? How is that better/right when you can't seem to properly articulate a convincing case.

That being said, I don't think you're scum because of that statement, but it doesn't make you any more town than you'd like us to think. Wining about how we're so wrong isn't exactly the best way to help us change our minds.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:13 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Seriously? is all you gotta say right now?
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:31 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

VOTE: dcl
There. that was the hammer.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:56 pm

Post by Plotinus »

@Wyvernite: the ones I talked about in and . She asked us to list the reasons we thought she herself was scummy without reference to predecessors so I did. I don't know if they'd be enough all by themselves if she was starting from a clean slate, but she wasn't.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:31 am

Post by Cephrir »

Vote Count 2.F
deep-city-lights 4 (Skold, Plotinus, Argos, Wanderer-nl)

Wanderer-nl 1 (Wyvernite)
Argos 1 (deep-city-lights)
Skold 1 (singersigner)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is in (expired on 2015-05-02 10:00:00).

deep-city-lights the Vanilla Townie has been lynched Day 2

It is now Night 2. You have 72 hours to act.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:03 am

Post by Cephrir »

72 hours is probably excessive. I think we can stand to go down to 48 hours. If anyone has a problem with that, please let me know and we will stick with 72.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 6:20 am

Post by Cephrir »

Sorry. V/LA mod is V/LA.

singersigner the Vanilla Townie was killed Night 2

It is now Day 3.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 7:22 am

Post by Plotinus »

We are in LYLO nobody vote until we're sure because one misvote and scum can quickly hammer!

Let's all reread things and try to figure out who we want to vote for. Once we've all written who we're planning to vote for then we can try voting, but we have to get it right today.

My reads:

Town: Wanderer
Probably town: Wyvernite
More likely to be scum than Wyvernite anyway: Argos
Probably scum after all: Skold
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 7:30 am

Post by Plotinus »

In defense of Skold, I'm pretty sure both scum are newbies, which points at wyvernite/argos but I was townleaning wyvernite. Anyway, I'll want to figure that out before I'll be ready to vote and I think we should wait until we're all sure.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 7:31 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I highly doubt both scum being on 1 bandwagon.
VOTE: Wyvernite
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 7:31 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

unvote

Lylo
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 7:31 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Should still get my message accross though.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 7:33 am

Post by Plotinus »

I like that line of thought, though (but thanks for unvoting for now)
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 7:38 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I also think it's maybe a little weird for Wyvernite to not place the hammer while he was scumreading dcl. He was (is?) also scumreading me so why would he trust me to hammer? Maybe he was waiting for singer, maybe he wanted to get his reads in first, but I highly doubt both since it was already pretty clear dcl would be the lynch and while Wyvernite was voting somewhere else, he was never against the bandwagon.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 7:50 am

Post by Plotinus »

His vote on you made no sense to me. He was complaining about
Spoiler: post 281 and 328 posted a little over a day apart by wanderer
In post 281, Wanderer-nl wrote:Usually when everybody agrees on a lynch this fast, it means we're lynching town. However, with how saad is behaving this game I wouldn't see it past scum to be happily lynching the useless partner.

In post 328, Wanderer-nl wrote:You know, I did like .

I'm afraid we have come to the point where the saad/Swagrid/lights-slot is so messed up that we are best off lynching it. I don't want this to happen and I hope Lights is able to work with it. Looking at her joindate, this is her first game on the site, I hope it's not too rough.

In hindsight, you were right in 281 (I think in both sentences you were right), and you were still right in 328. And I don't see it as that big of a shift in opinion. From my perspective, it looks like you went from not being sure but probably leaning scum on DCL to not being sure but thinking the slot should be policy lynched because it would just be a distraction in LYLO even if it were town.

In he lists DCL as one of his top two scumreads, and in his very next post, , asking me to articulate what I thought was scummy about dcl (which I had just done), it now looks like he was distancing himself from his scumread on DCL just in case DCL flipped town.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 7:56 am

Post by Plotinus »

also, DCL, if you're still reading this, I'm sorry we were all wrong about you. You replaced into a very difficult slot and you did the best you could. I hope you'll be around in the endgame to chat with us.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 7:58 am

Post by Plotinus »

and also, going back to that vote of wyvernite's, I don't think it's scummy to change your mind. Taking into account new information as it comes in, forming opinions, reconsidering when someone makes a good point, all of that's protown. Otherwise, what's the point of changing our RVS votes?
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 11:53 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I do hope the others get in soon.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 12:20 am

Post by Plotinus »

me too.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 12:55 am

Post by Skold »

Plotinus is acting erratic, and I'm kinda town reading him for it.
The LYLO post could of been faked, but it feels real to me.

The scum read on me is weird when he later says that he thinks both scum are newbies, but I think he just wanted to get his reads out fast.
@Plotinus - Are you scum reading me or not?

I'll comment on the rest when I decipher it back to English.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 1:58 am

Post by Plotinus »

I'm townreading wanderer. Everything else is kind of a jumble. I think I'm leaning Wyvernite/Argos at the moment for scum because wanderer's wagon analysis makes sense to me, but I don't have very strong feelings about which of you three is innocent yet.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 3:02 am

Post by Plotinus »

Skold, since you've got the most experience here, how often do scum teams assign the nightkill to their least suspicious member? As often as they can, right?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”