Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 1:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

Given that Wyvernite has not replied to my prod within 24 hours, he will be replaced. Prodding Argos.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:42 am

Post by Cephrir »

millar13 replaces Wyvernite.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:47 am

Post by Plotinus »

Welcome millar13, we're in LYLO so please don't vote for anybody yet!
Argos
Argos
Townie
Argos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 6:24 am

Post by Argos »

Hey guys. Sorry about not posting, somehow completely forgot about this. Catching up now.
Argos
Argos
Townie
Argos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 6:34 am

Post by Argos »

Wyvernite being replaced out is worst case scenario for me, I was hoping to have him explain some of his previous reads in more depth.

Briefly considered that my reads have been wrong all this time and considered a Plotinus/Wanderer team but I would think that more experienced scum but Plotinus especially doesn't strike me as someone likely to be all buddy/buddy with their partner.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 9:48 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

If it was a Plotinus/Wanderer scumteam, Wyvernite would already have been lynched.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 10:43 am

Post by millar13 »

Hey guys. Good to be back.Will read up
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 11:01 am

Post by millar13 »

Skold, Plotinus, Argos, Wanderer-nl all voted in the last death lynch of a VT.
My thought process would lead me to think two out of the four of them are mafia.

On this basis deep-city-lights and singersigner are town.

That is the most solid read I can take as a replacement player
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 11:27 am

Post by Plotinus »

That's a start, but deep-city-lights and singersigner have already flipped town, so you've narrowed it down to the living players who aren't you. We have some time left (until the 16th of May but let's not leave it to the last minute) to narrow it down further. You can ask us questions if you want.

I know it's hard replacing in at LYLO -- it's hard for us too because we've lost a player whose opinions would have been useful now. But you can look at the game with fresh eyes and that will help us too. Just keep us updated on how you're doing, what page you're reading, what you're looking at. It's okay that you don't have opinions yet, but you're going to need to have some before the end of this game day.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 557, millar13 wrote:Skold, Plotinus, Argos, Wanderer-nl all voted in the last death lynch of a VT.
My thought process would lead me to think two out of the four of them are mafia.

That puts you down as town too even though you don't say it. And this *read* as you want to call it, you could have gotten from the last 2 updates. Come on, even Skold is doing better.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by millar13 »

Skold:

In post 9, Skold wrote:VOTE: Plotinus
PLOT
inus
Plotting is scummy. Scum confirmed. Lynch now

A random vote? A lot of force felt behind this one.

In post 28, Skold wrote:
In post 21, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I don't see the point in random questions that lead to random, non alignment-indicative, jokey answers. Do you?

Back from my food and this jumped out as a massively...kill-joyish. It's the early stages of a game, I damn well EXPECT joke questions. AND joke answers.

Irony?

In post 29, Skold wrote:And no I didn't get the role I wanted. Was hoping for Serial Killer, now I just got Survivor.

role claim already? At #29 post

In post 122, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Skold stating intent to hammer and then disappearing is somewhat concerning.

good point. flipping town makes bbt statement more logical.

In post 133, Skold wrote:Going to bed soon. Will comment on stuff later, though I'm likely going to vote for Mofo soon.

stalling?

In post 157, Skold wrote:My fucking gods. I go to bed and wake up with a new, dead, wagon. Who hammered/initiated the wagon? I'm feeling that they're the scum.

inactive mafia ploy?

In post 378, Skold wrote:I was asked to. I usually can't give justification for town reads as I find town reads to be mainly gut based.

what?

In post 419, Skold wrote:I'm not going to post much today. DCL is scum, and I'm not backing down on this till she's lynched. Get on that please.

dcl flips town.

after reading just one player. a feeling of scum outweighs town. no confirm until ive read the other three/
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by millar13 »

In post 559, Wanderer-nl wrote:
In post 557, millar13 wrote:Skold, Plotinus, Argos, Wanderer-nl all voted in the last death lynch of a VT.

That puts you down as town too even though you don't say it. And this *read* as you want to call it, you could have gotten from the last 2 updates. Come on, even Skold is doing better.

1) that doesn't put me down as anything
2) the read was based on the last day lynch
3) skold is doing better than what?
Argos
Argos
Townie
Argos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 12:54 pm

Post by Argos »

In post 555, Wanderer-nl wrote:If it was a Plotinus/Wanderer scumteam, Wyvernite would already have been lynched.

Hm? In what way? I would think that if you had both voted for Wyvernite right of the bat the rest of us would have gotten fairly suspicious.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

@millar: 1. It does, because your slot was also not on the bw.
2. Which is only 1 update instead of 2.
3. Nevermind. You're doing good, please continue.

@Argos: Yeah I don't think any scum would be that obvious in lylo, but you and Skold were about ready to vote for Wyvernite as well, all it would have taken 1 vote from town.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I should rectify, Argos seemed a bit hesitant in voting for Wyvernite. Skold was willing to vote.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:00 pm

Post by millar13 »

2am here. will finish my reads tomorrow. implore no hammers, or rather temporary unvotes even before i make my reads
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 7:22 pm

Post by Skold »

In post 560, millar13 wrote:role claim already? At #29 post

:facepalm:
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 7:26 pm

Post by Skold »

He(?) scum read all other 4 people and town read two town flips. Congratulations, can we start playing now? Do you know who's alive and dead? Perhaps address the points made against Wyvernite in his stead?
I'd put some philosophical bollocks here but I cannot be bothered.
Scumtells are bullshit, find something else to fill pages with please.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by Skold »

In post 560, millar13 wrote:stalling?

Or sleep. That's a thing too.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 9:04 pm

Post by Plotinus »

@millar: Skold's early "roleclaim" was in response to some early joking around:

In post 20, Plotinus wrote:
In post 19, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 16, Plotinus wrote:So, did everyone get the role they wanted?

You're role-fishing and you should stop.

I wasn't expecting anyone to seriously tell me their role in response to that. I meant it more as a random question stage thing. I was expecting answers like "no, i was hoping to get scum because I was town last time", joking answers like "I was hoping for Jester but it looks like I got Cult Leader" (note for newbies: neither of those roles appear in newbie games), or to be ignored. But I'll stop now that we have a better conversation topic:

You said your vote on saad was a serious one, so what about his posts seems scummy? The early mafia mention in 6?

In post 28, Skold wrote:
In post 21, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I don't see the point in random questions that lead to random, non alignment-indicative, jokey answers. Do you?

Back from my food and this jumped out as a massively...kill-joyish. It's the early stages of a game, I damn well EXPECT joke questions. AND joke answers.

In post 29, Skold wrote:And no I didn't get the role I wanted. Was hoping for Serial Killer, now I just got Survivor.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 11:11 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 567, Skold wrote:

He(?) scum read all other 4 people and town read two town flips. Congratulations, can we start playing now? Do you know who's alive and dead? Perhaps address the points made against Wyvernite in his stead?

Skold, it makes no sense for having millar answer anything asked of Wyvernite. He doesn't know what/how Wyvernite was thinking. Also, I already responded to that post. How do you feel about millar's response to that?
You (Skold) look a little over-defensive right now, that's concerning. I've also looked at completed games and I know you can do better than what you've done this game.

We are not lynching until millar finishes his reads.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 12:03 am

Post by millar13 »

Plotinus:

In post 16, Plotinus wrote:sorry for nitpicking.

So, did everyone get the role they wanted?

an interesting question to pose so early on.

In post 20, Plotinus wrote:
In post 19, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 16, Plotinus wrote:sorry for nitpicking.

So, did everyone get the role they wanted?

You're role-fishing and you should stop.

I wasn't expecting anyone to seriously tell me their role in response to that. I meant it more as a random question stage thing. I was expecting answers like "no, i was hoping to get scum because I was town last time", joking answers like "I was hoping for Jester but it looks like I got Cult Leader" (note for newbies: neither of those roles appear in newbie games), or to be ignored. But I'll stop now that we have a better conversation topic:

You said your vote on saad was a serious one, so what about his posts seems scummy? The early mafia mention in 6?

hmmmmm.

In post 32, Plotinus wrote:
In post 21, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Everything he has posted so far looks scummy.

I will elaborate when more people have posted.

You're talking as if you're not a newbie. So this is an alt?

I don't see the point in random questions that lead to random, non alignment-indicative, jokey answers. Do you?

This is my second game. I spent a lot of my first game reading the wiki and spectating randoming other people's games, including some non newbie games, so I am picking up the jargon. I'm not an alt. I know your signature says you don't like meta and I think I agree with that for figuring out if someone is scum or town, but if you want to look at my early posts in my last game just to gauge cluelessness you can do that. It's fine if you don't.

My main weakness right now are not being good at generating accurate reads on people. I also seemed to tunnel a lot last game even when I was trying not to, so I'm going to keep working on those things. I am also terrible at telling whether someone is buddying me because they're scum or because they're townreading me. (Last game the scum succeeded in befriending me and I was on the wagons of two lynched town members (one of them a cop) who were correctly townreading me and thought we could be friends). Because of all of this I still consider myself a newbie.

I agree that jokey answers aren't alignment indicative but I'm not sure it's possible to skip the tedious stage of the game where nobody knows anything about anybody else and has nothing to go on. It's page 1 of day 1 and I'm still in RVS/fluff mode. I expect I will have null reads on everyone for at least the first few pages, but once people start talking to each other and interacting with each other, it'll be easier to read people and post things that aren't fluff. People talking to each other can only help with getting to that stage, though. Even the non newbie games I've spectated spend their first few pages doing /confirm and rvs and random chatter.

In post 24, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Singer & Plotinus; are either of you interested in voting saad?

Meh, maybe later. Are you trying to create a town voting block with singer and I?

pedit: hi singer! huh, I thought townie meant town aligned. It happened in my last game that I was trying to talk from the perspective "us town aligned people" and probably did use the word townie and people thought i was roleclaiming. It was true that I was a vanilla townie in that game but I didn't think I was roleclaiming when I wrote it and I didn't understand until now why they thought that.

I am really bad about making walls (and there doesn't seem to be any correlation between the length of my wall and the accuracy of my read), but I am getting better at just hiding them behind a spoiler tag and posting a tl dr at the end.

pedit:

In post 31, Skold wrote:
In post 30, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Trying to prolong RVS ^^.

Scummy.

I have no bloody clue if this is serious. But it shouldn't be. Can't we wait until a couple more people have joined? Jesus I have to have OPINIONS already? Fucking OPINIONS? What is the world coming to?

Said it much better and more succinctly than I did!

doesn't aid with a read, but demonstrates a thinking player. Which is good to see during the eearly stages of a game.

In post 102, Plotinus wrote:
In post 85, saad wrote:i was looking forward to this game too :(

now can someone unvote me so we can discuss, i don't want to sign up for another game and risk flipping scum.

if you're worried about the long wait between doing /in in the newbie queue and a game starting, there are always people asking for replacements, that can get you into more games faster. If you try to always be playing two at once then it won't be so sad if you get night killed or lynched early on.

an interesting point. With saad being replaced originally could not have looked more innocent looking at this viewpoint. Makes me suscpicous of Plot; in what appeared to be great detective work. Only to be later ignored

*further reading may offer a more valid answer

In post 149, Plotinus wrote:Unofficial votecount:

saad 3 (Mofonugen, Wyvernite,)
Wyvernite 2 (Plotinus)
Mofonugen 2 (Argos, singersigner, saad, bofo, plotinus)
Plotinus 1 (Skold)

yikes. i'm really sorry about the derphammer guys. i dont know how i missed that argos and singer had previously voted him. I really thought he was at L-3. I'll count next time for sure :/

Looks more like a hammer, covered up as an accident. Very suspicous indeed.

In post 233, Plotinus wrote:Okay, thanks for that warning. I accept that I crossed the line but that does mean I am not fully sure where the line is. I think I will ask the mod privately for advice on how to answer questions where the answer is something that's against the rules to say.

In 226 I'm scumhunting. My townreads are wanderer and wyvernite. strong townlean on singer. weak townlean on argos pending more activity. i know my own alignment, so that leaves saad/skold for scum, skold for inactivity which does appear to be active lurking and saad for being hard to communicate with. I'm trying to get both of them to communicate more, because I would rather scumread someone for what they are doing than for what they're not.

VOTE: Skold because I want you to come talk to us. I want you to post your reads and to actively participate in this game.

I'm picking skold not saad because the active lurking (seeing Skold's name on the player list for but him not turning up in game) was the tipping point for me. When Skold made most of his fluff posts, we were still in RVS, so it's okay, and I can relate to feeling exasperated by being pressured to have opinions before I'm ready to have them (especially on page 1-2 of a game), but we've had 229 posts so far and this has been an interesting day 2 so far with lots of things to talk about and yet Skold isn't here chattering.

I would be almost equally happy with a saad lynch, though I do find him hard to read. His ISO is all over the place. But there are a few posts of his that give me pause for reasons I don't want to share right now, but made me suspicious and allayed those particular suspicions for reasons that are entirely about this game, but I wasn't townreading him after that either. In today's interactions, was really cryptic and hard to understand and it took a lot of back and forth to figure out what he was talking about and I'm still not sure I understand what he was trying to do and why. and now he's scumreading singer but he won't tell us why and that's weird. His last activity was about 40 minutes after he posted so he probably did see Wanderer ask why he's suspicious of singer, but hasn't seen my own questions for him yet. He ~could~ have answered wanderer but he didn't.

pedit: @singer, yeah kinda. i mean he gave a reason that he called serious, it just wasn't a very good one.

Spoiler: here is what he said about why his vote was serious
In post 60, saad wrote:
In post 58, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:OK.

Here are my thoughts on it;

In post 6, saad wrote:the mafia could be anywhere, watch out!

This is scum unsure about how to approach the game. You feel uncomfortable voting 'randomly' because you know everybodies alignments. It's also a subtle way of saying 'Hey, I have no idea who scum are!'

In post 12, saad wrote:
short while is an oxymoron and an oxymoron is a contradiction between two words (the word oxymoron in itself is an oxymoron; with oxy meaning dull in latin and moron meaning sharp). only the scum contradict because THEY are the ones lying.

VOTE: Skold

This is you flat out copying Skold's RVS vote in . This is an attempt to fit in, you wasn't sure how to vote without drawing attention to yourself (scum are much more self-aware and careful with their actions than town) and you found what you thought was a good choice in copying somebody elses style of RVS voting.

The fact you're trying to claim that it was a serious vote (to excuse not voting earlier) is laughable.

Votes should be piling onto Saad now.

i like the way ur thinking.

first was just an innocuous comment lol

second, well Skold is 14 and I thought an early vote would put pressure onto him, so no it wasn't a random vote it was a serious vote, putting pressure on him. he's young, so if he's scum, he's more likely to squeal, that's the way i see it. kids aren't usually experienced liars. also his content throughout the game has been non serious, trollish filler comments so the vote sticks for now.

In post 234, Plotinus wrote:just saw the va/la thing. well that takes away some of my argument about active lurking but he's only at L-3 so I'll leave it for now.

tying in with the hammer, this stance looks scummy as hell. If you were a lazy poster i'd blame it on laziness. A strong town player really need to unvote at this point.

In post 250, Plotinus wrote:@Wyvernite I had this problem last game too that at one point I was townreading 8 people or something. I think at that point the only person I was scumreading was town. Having only two scum reads doesn't mean I'm sure them. It just means the rest of you haven't made me suspicious and that I'm not that great at re-evaluating my reads. It's true that you haven't posted all that much yet, but everytime you do you have something to thoughtful to say that advances the game and displays genuine scumhunting. I think you're incorrect about me but I think it's understandable. If I didn't know I was town-aligned I'd be suspicious of me too because in our last game scum lolhammered every day and managed to convince us it was just his personality. So, I think it's okay that you and wanderer don't believe me. It's good to think critically about these things and to remember that two of the people in this thread can be lying to you. It's fine that you think I'm one of them even though it's incorrect. If you haven't made up your mind about me and there are any questions I can answer that would help that, feel free to ask.

@Wanderer I don't know why saad does the things he does. I don't know why he wanted me to react to a single naked vote or why he unvoted after I did respond. After a while, I got used to House last game enough that I could sometimes understand his posts, but he was scum anyway. I haven't reached that stage where I think I see what saad's doing yet, and the House comparison could be a good one.

VOTE: Saad because if Skold's not here then my vote isn't doing anything where it was.

no unvote. So this vote isn't legitamate.

In post 277, Cephrir wrote:

Vote Count 2.2
saad 3 (singersigner, Plotinus, Wanderer-nl)

Plotinus 1 (Wyvernite)

Not Voting 3 (Argos, saad, Skold)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is in (expired on 2015-05-02 10:00:00)

maybe this was an accident. But plot seemed to have been saved/tactic blown by the mod vote count. Town players SHOULD have picked up saad was still L2 and not L1.

In post 320, Plotinus wrote:
Guys Reubus is at L-1 again be careful about hammering

pedit: Reubus, really? If you're town, you can recover from this. You're not dead yet. You misread something. It could happen whether you're town or scum. You haven't wasted an hour and a half if it was time spent reading the thread. Just take in the new information and adjust your reads accordingly. it's not an easy slot you've replaced into, but do your best, that's all we want from you-as-a-person whatever your role pm says (don't quote it for us).

The first day was actually about 13 hours long (i just counted) from first non-mod post until hammer. I'm not sure why we were saying 7 earlier (i think i took singer's word for it). Now you know. day 2 has been longer with more content.

Then unvote, so he goes back to L2

In post 325, Plotinus wrote:@deep-city reubus was you. and saad was you before reubus. so don't vote either of those names in your readthrough and you'll be fine. You can safely vote anyone but yourself, no one else is in danger right now.

Actually, I'm going to bed because I have a headache and I don't want to stare at the computer anymore, so I'm going to unvote to prevent any accidental self hammering because she only has two posts to her name and if she accidentally votes saad that could be bad.

I'm still scumreading the slot but I don't want the day to end early. I'm expecting to revote deep-city in the morning unless she's at L-1 or some miracle of towniness occurs.

UNVOTE: deepcity

but still try not to vote yourself.

Curious.

In post 335, Plotinus wrote:If deep-lights does flip scum, which I'm pretty sure she will, then I wonder if we should take the bus comment to mean her scumbuddy isn't in [skold, me, singer]. That leaves [wanderer, wyvernite, argos]. I'm townreading wanderer. I'm starting to reconsider wyvernite.

I think it's okay to give the new player time to read the thread and at least practice making reads and asking questions of players and asking the IC about theory stuff before we lynch her. Even if she was lynched before reading the thread I think I would count towards the limit of 2 games that you can play as a newbie before you can only play as SE or by replacing in, so I'm fine with letting things sit for a while. Consider my vote to be on her anyway.

If she does ask to replace out or gets prodded enough that she's almost ready to be replaced then I think we should just lynch the slot though instead of making cephrir find another replacement.

I thought House meant a scum IC would flake on IC advice too, but it's good to consider everybody, and you're right that she hasn't given reads for those two yet. She's mentioned them a few times and talked to one of them a couple times but not in a giving-reads-about-them sort of way.

I also want to hear more from the quieter people.

a town player would or rather should never want to kill a player off without just cause.

Plot is coming off as seriously scummy to me right now, and my feeling is that Skold is more likely to be scum if Plot is revealed as being scum.
Based on how i have seen plot play this game i am going to...

Vote: Plotinus

an unvote may occur after ive read back on Argos and Wanderer-nl
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 12:10 am

Post by Plotinus »

we are in LYLO and we are going to lose the game! don't vote until you've read everybody's ISOs for fucks sake!
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 12:11 am

Post by Plotinus »

unvote and then write that you have intent to vote me. you can vote me for real when you're sure.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 12:14 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Millar dude UN-freaking-VOTE
We don't have to unvote read the rules!

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”