Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Post by Taly »

Personally, I'm not fond of my predecessors either.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Post by Rubicon »

Klingon, same reasons as before.

In post 1922, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1916, Rubicon wrote:You led a scum wagon and then abandoned it.

Boons wagon collapsed without my help. Boons really did nothing and the only thing there was was him just shrugging at the wagon. Sorry I couldn't really push all these new join dates. I don't know you are being so dismissive of me but the whatever, i don't really care.

I'm not exactly dismissive. You're definitely a big part of why Boons is dead. However, I'm concerned because I don't know your scum game and there are players who would have done what you did to a partner. I'm not sure yet whether you're one of them.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1920, Taly wrote:Would you like to give me a case on House at least - since you've 'found scum?'

In post 1901, Nero Cain wrote:House-playing extremely different than yesterday. 1749

In post 1920, Taly wrote:Also - why am I town?

hello misrep

In post 1920, Taly wrote:I am town however, mostly because I wouldn't spend an hour trying to catch-up with half a thread that I replaced in randomly and then post my current thinking on things I know little about if I were scum.

if you believe that being active and engaged is a towntell, why does that not apply to me?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1925, Taly wrote:Personally, I'm not fond of my predecessors either.

Why?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:29 pm

Post by Rubicon »

It's a good thing the amish tell is so unreliable, then. :P
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1924, Taly wrote:Um, I haven't read up to D2 in comprehension yet...

So, some insight for why you guys are scumreading my slot would be nice.

And another thing - what are you guys' other scum reads other than my slot?

I was looking at Garmr/Xayzeck, based on Garmr's meta, and Ricastle has been skeevy from the start.

Usually I go through my reads during Night phases, but I had a terrible R/L event to deal with. I'm going to spend the next couple of days re-reading, re-evaluating.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by Rubicon »

In post 1924, Taly wrote:Um, I haven't read up to D2 in comprehension yet...

So, some insight for why you guys are scumreading my slot would be nice.

And another thing - what are you guys' other scum reads other than my slot?

bella seemed kind of overly cautious and a bit insincere to me. There's not much more to it than that.

I posted a summary of my important reads a couple pages ago.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

I won't go Klingoncelt
I won't go elusive
their overall engagement really suggests nothing happening in those directions

I am interested to see where Grib will want to go now
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by Taly »

I'm not sure what you're calling a misrep Nero.

In post 1915, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1912, Taly wrote:I don't like his "read their role pm" explanations, though. It irks me, and it comes off as dismissive.

:igmeou:

Well I could say that (now) I've lead a scum wagon on d1 and have likely found scum in House and maybe PB. If I asked you why you are town what would you tell me?

You said you likely found scum, and I'm asking you what has led you to that conclusion.

Also, I would assume you saying "if I asked you" is you actually asking me the question... Which I answered.

In post 1920, Taly wrote:I am town however, mostly because I wouldn't spend an hour trying to catch-up with half a thread that I replaced in randomly and then post my current thinking on things I know little about if I were scum.

if you believe that being active and engaged is a towntell, why does that not apply to me?

Partially why I'm gut-town reading you is because you've seemed to have pushed this game a fair bit. So yes, I do believe being active and engaged could likely be a town tell - and it does apply to you. What gives you the idea that it doesn't?

In post 1928, Nero Cain wrote:

Why?

Well, bewilderbeast only made 3 posts ever, which involved an RVS vote. Speculation on SK/Vigilantee in a closed set-up - from what I've seen? Then said "this got long, going to reread"

Never hears anything, and now comes along Bellaphant.

Bella:

>Made only 18 posts in the game. Even if he wasn't around for a long time, I would have suspected some more content.
>I question how genuine he is, in seeing how he expresses himself in posts. I think it's personality, trying to be polite. But it still would have pinged me if I wasn't his slot.
>Need to re-read more of D2 to find context in his posts.

So to sum up. I'm not the most impressed by them, but I see where Bella is coming from on some of their points regarding to how they addressed the game (AKA, being polite and etc. because people say they were being insincere)

Also guys, it's 11 PM where I am. So, I'm going to sign off soon for now
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 6:37 pm

Post by Grib »

I kind of really want to play a game of 'how many scum hopped on the initial Boonskiies wagon.'
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 6:59 pm

Post by Rubicon »

In post 1933, Taly wrote:I question how genuine he is, in seeing how he expresses himself in posts. I think it's personality, trying to be polite. But it still would have pinged me if I wasn't his slot.

So her posts feel insincere to you and you think she was trying to make people feel good about her by being polite?
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 7:33 pm

Post by Ricastle »

You do not get three town counterwagons to a wagon on town.

VOTE: klingoncelt

Die.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 7:34 pm

Post by Ricastle »

Oh, yeah, and Klingon defended Boon early on. Chew on that!
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 7:41 pm

Post by Grib »

I have this weird feeling about PB. I can't really put my finger on it.

Rubicon vouching for him because meta is okay, since I think Rubicon is town, but. Something is bugging me.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 8:09 pm

Post by davesaz »

Defending Boon isn't necessarily a scumtell, because in general the standard traitor role means that mafia know there is a traitor but don't know who. There is a chance that Boon said something useful, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 8:20 pm

Post by Ricastle »

Is that how it's used? I thought it was the Traitor who didn't know who the Mafia were. Eh...it's not majorly relevant either way.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 8:29 pm

Post by Grib »

The wiki defines a normal Traitor as knowing the mafia's identities, but the mafia only know that a Traitor exists.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 11:54 pm

Post by Ricastle »

In post 1686, Creative wrote:Scummy:
Klingoncelt
Peacebringer

WELL WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 3:11 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 102, Boonskiies wrote:VOTE: Klingoncelt

It's on!

look at that
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 3:11 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 1151, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 1143, Klingoncelt wrote:
@Shinobi - Has Boons been prodded?

Honest ta gawd I'm ready to vote for him. Something like 14 posts the whole game, none of which say anything useful.

Looking for a PL, eh, scummy?

VOTE: Klingoncelt

Parking my vote back where it was. Sorry, but there's no way she's not scum.

and this
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 3:11 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 1159, Boonskiies wrote:Yes. Nero's just bad town this game, VI'ing it up.

then this
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 3:13 am

Post by Taly »

In post 1935, Rubicon wrote:
In post 1933, Taly wrote:I question how genuine he is, in seeing how he expresses himself in posts. I think it's personality, trying to be polite. But it still would have pinged me if I wasn't his slot.

So her posts feel insincere to you and you think she was trying to make people feel good about her by being polite?

Yeah, that is a good summary. But I don't think it is necessarily scummy, as I've said - I believe it to be their persona. Even if they were faking AtE, I would be a sucker for thinking it is more likely town - unless substance proved otherwise.

Mostly because politeness and agreeability gets town to band together and steamroll the scum and shit. It also makes the thread actually pleasurable to read.

>>>>>>>>>>

Ooh, the Klingon wagon is catching my interest. Plus, Klingon was already on my list to look at

Skimmed through Klingons ISO, and partially started reading the brutal murder of Skold Part 2 - The Skolquel

Klingons D1 performance isn't fruitful. Especially the entrance, which was just RQS over things irrelevant to the game. We now know Boons is mafia, so let's see her interaction with Boons and see if it is congruent to a possible partnership.

Seems a little weird. Boons - being a mafia traitor - takes a shot at another possible scum candidate with a vote that isn't even serious?

But then Klingon makes a vote on someone completely different than Boons? Is this RVS? Klingon already made an RQS which proved to not tell anything. Her comment "oh wait" seems a bit frivolous.

I've seen scum in 2 different occasions make pot-shots at each other in RVS for town-cred, and I've seen scum also make a noncommittal vote on something irrelevant and then pass it off as if it were "oh, silly me." Not liking Klingons position at the moment.

Her next 2 posts involve saying she's not really active, and re-reading quite a lot. >>> Says she is inconclusive on Garmr but doesn't really interact with them to form some type of consensus.

A lot of her next posts seems to be saying she is re-reading players, but then never really says anything about them. She even reiterates they she is still inconclusive on Garmr but doesn't do anything about it. She does however, respond to posts that are directly towards her. Which tells that she may be a bit more focused on her position than the progression of the game currently. Seeing how she has also commented that the game is stalled and I'm not liking what I'm seeing - She also seems to have defended Boons' wagon quite a bit as an example - and passes it off mostly because it is likely meta.

If a person is scummy, despite meta - then they're scummy. They need to lock their shit up and stop expecting people to townread them for it.

I also find that a lot of Klingons reads are ambivalent, and based partially off of meta.

Err, should re-read and look deeper into her recent posts, but so far - I'm not liking D1 performance. I haven't seen a giant stride towards doing something, and I feel like her reasons for voting people such as Dave or Skold weren't entirely explained. Her interaction with Boons didn't seem very genuine, even though Boons was a Mafia Traitor.

Also, Creative was the person killed last night, and did scum-read Klingon as said. So I believe Ricastle might be onto something here.

I'm still not done looking all throughout Klingons ISO, but I'm not getting town-vibes.

VOTE: Klingoncelt

I'm liking this vote - Qs for Klingon:

1)
What are your currents thoughts on: Ricastle, Dave, Grib, and Peace?
2)
Give me 2 quoted/linked reasons explaining why I should be townreading you. You did mention that you weren't going to be a "mislynch" this game.
3)
Why did you go for the Skold wagon instead of the Vampirate in [post=919[/post]?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 3:13 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

so basically boon tunneled KC, called nero town, and said house vs nero is tvt, that is it.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 3:14 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

seriously you think boon is coming out tunnel busing KC?
I don't buy it.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 3:17 am

Post by Taly »

Peace, who are you talking to - with your last 4 posts?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”