MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by MattP »

RC. Tip: don't rely on your scumreads for votes. It looks bad on you (desperate or scummy, have your pick).

You're playing a bad game for someone with a considerable wagon on you. Think more. Flubber is a player you have a scumread on that many other players have called out / are scumreading. He's posted minimal content. You can feasibly get pressure on him. Half of wagon pushing is read-related, half is efficacy-related. You're not being efficient. A lot of your play this game has been very hectic, and that's what's causing your wagon (whether the players voting you are right or just reading you poorly. I think the latter is happening) / lack of influence over the course of the game.

You don't have to take my advice, but there it is!
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 5:31 pm

Post by MattP »

I don't INTEND to patronize you. I'm just being blunt because I don't want your play to cause a town mislynch (being YOUR mislynch).
SlappyKrust
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 5:32 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I believe that my getting lynched won't slow this town down at all at this point.

Scum are totally fucked either way at this point.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 577, RadiantCowbells wrote:I believe that my getting lynched won't slow this town down at all at this point.

Scum are totally fucked either way at this point.

Really? You really think scum are fucked at this point? And you think a mislynch is inconsequential?
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by MattP »

There's so many layers of absurd in what you just said
SlappyKrust
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 5:38 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

It wasn't about getting Oversoul's vote per se.

It was about figuring about whether Oversoul was sincere when he said he'd vote EPM.

He was still online long after that vote so I'm concluding he's not.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 5:45 pm

Post by Oversoul »

VOTE: epm

Playing League, sorry
Last edited by Bicephalous Bob on Mon May 18, 2015 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 574, RadiantCowbells wrote:Oversoul you promised your vote and if I don't get it and EPM flips scum I'm going to come down on you so hard that the movie will star Bruce Willis.

This sounds fun
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 9:58 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 436, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 430, VysePresident wrote:Incidentally, does Penguin still play here at all?

Would that be a guy named insane penguin?

Nah, it'd be a gal named Penguin_Alien.

In post 437, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 434, VysePresident wrote:Eh, I like this, actually.

Why?

I kinda agree with both the theory & the application. I tend to refer to the former as 'direction' and/or 'positioning', but in general, I find it to be one of the better ways to scumhunt. In terms of the application, I'm kinda, sorta in agreement about PK.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 10:23 pm

Post by VysePresident »

VOTE: Elyse

Heya! Can I get an overview of your thoughts on the game? :)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 10:24 pm

Post by VysePresident »

So, let's do a reads list before I move on for the night.

Leaning Town - Lostaway(+), Bro(+?), MattP(-), Grimmjow

NOTES: The scumreads on Lost are kinda baffling to me. Maybe I'm biased, because I've found myself thinking along very similar lines at times, but I'm seeing a clear train of thought, and I like it. I don't see her so-called waffling as being particularly problematic at this juncture.

Bro's jumping up to a Townread after further reading. It's mostly a matter of gut/familiarity with his playstyle. I disagree with his push on Lost, obviously, but his general tone & pushes are in line with what I'd expect from his Town game.

Matt's a lesser Townread because I can sorta see him being where he's at now, even though I see things differently from him. This one's likely to be updated as I read through him again.

Eh, Grimmjow can be Town. I like his ISO, at least after the first glance.

---

Null - Oversoul(+), Jake, RC(?), PK(?), The Bulge, Flubber, EPM, & Kinetic.

Tentatively moving PK down here because there's a bit of a belittling/pushy tone coupled with iffy reads that I'm not fond of, and I kinda want to review my initial take on him when I have more time.

Oversoul is hard for me to read, but I'm not really feeling the push on him at the moment. I'm putting him as Null+ because I want to double-check this one when I'm not quite so tired.

Jake & RC are both meh reads. I'm starting to lean a little more Town on the two after finishing the thread, just because there's a consistency to their thought processes outside of the tunnel fight. There's a blindness to their respective pushes on each other that's driving me crazy, but at this point, I'm leaning more ego than scummy. :|

RC is lower because I'm a bit more skeptical of how they entered the fight (specifically, the RVS into Scumread was less than impressive) but...meh.

The Bulge, Kinetic, EPM, & Flubber just haven't been on my radar, beyond Flubber being a bit more active than I expected, & the fact that the latter two are being scumread for reasons that don't really move me one way or the other as of yet. I'm not going to pretend to have any great insights on them tonight. #DejaVu
---

Scummy - Mostly leaning on my Elyse read at the moment. I feel like she's getting a bit too much of a pass at present. I'm not particularly fond of her ISO, nor is it really great in context either - it's mostly a series of prods & jumps that ping me slightly, because there's very little commitment.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 1:17 am

Post by pisskop »

what read of mine is 'iffy'?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 5:13 am

Post by Oversoul »

How many of you thought the role pm on the first page meant a GS was in this game?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 6:13 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 444, The Bulge wrote:Ugh. I was gonna catch up and post content and all that good shit but then I read RC's latest posts and I am really not in the mood.

Later tonight. I'm free all day today and tomorrow.

What inspired you to read through that dread in the first place?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 6:14 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

VOTE: bulge

rc gets townpoints for not hopping on my wagon
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 6:16 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 427, RadiantCowbells wrote:With brains like those, Flubber, not surprising you got endgamed in 182 on a lynch that you were the first town to vote on.

I mean, "could make an actual scum case" implies that making a scum case is the important act, like la dee dah I'm going to make a scum case on this guy as if the act of making the scum case is the important thing.

Not a search for scum.

Seems like the mentality of someone who knows that they're on the only scum team.

In post 428, RadiantCowbells wrote:That's actually a ridiculous mentality slip.

So you're antagonizing grim for scum reading you? How is that town in any manner?
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 6:21 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

How To Survive in the Woods

Official Vote Count

RadiantCowbells
(4): Jake from State Farm, Grimmjow, evilpacman18, Lostaway
evilpacman18
(3): pisskop, RadiantCowbells, Oversoul
The Bulge
(2): Elyse, Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
(2): BROseidon, MattP
Jake from State Farm
(1): Kinetic
Elyse
(1): VysePresident
Grimmjow
(1): The Bulge

Not Voting
(0):
None.

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-05-25 16:19:05)
Last edited by Bicephalous Bob on Mon May 18, 2015 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 6:53 am

Post by MattP »

In post 589, Flubbernugget wrote:VOTE: bulge

rc gets townpoints for not hopping on my wagon

"RC has provided a ton of content thru out the game. The momentum of his wagon is starting to die, let me cherry pick one random thing he's said as an excuse to opportunistically jump off rather than stagnating my vote and then place it on a lurker after nitpicking an innocuous post from the lurker"

Flubber isn't analyzing in depth at all and every move he's made has been opportunistic.

In post 425, Flubbernugget wrote:Rc the worst part is that you could make an actual scum case on him right now and aren't

This sucks for a pretty solid reason already pointed out by RC (and btw, if there's a scum case to make on OS why wouldnt flubber make it transparent or pursue it?) Flubber has been avoiding really making stances or pushing anyone at all while always having his vote in the most convenient or least suspicious place. :roll:
SlappyKrust
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 7:29 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 347, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 314, Grimmjow wrote:Oh my god my head hurts. This is fucking ridiculous.

Even after glazing over the vast majority of the posts from JFSF and RC, I'm coming out feeling more town on Jake. I'm still not certain on RC, but I'm actually leaning more scum. I can't remember exactly who said it, and at this time I'm WAY too lazy to go hunt it down, but someone said something to the effect of "you guys aren't doing anything to further the game. We get that you think each other are scummy, but at this point it's anti-town to keep this yelling going." IIRC, RC's next post was sidestepping the argument with JFSF, and it felt kind of forced, which is why he pinged my scumdar. If anyone wants me to not be lazy and hunt this down, I will, but I'm lazy. I legitimately hate taking this stance because I don't want JFSF to jump up and down squealing going "SOMEONE BELIEVES ME" when in all honestly it was nothing that he said that brought me to this conclusion.

I'm not sure what the fuck Flubber is doing, but it did come off as scummy to me. He even had a post that was "I'm so lost." The only reason that stood out to me is because when I first started playing mafia F2F I would say that any time I was scum to prevent myself from having to actually give reads. That being said, I don't know what Flubber's experience is, and frankly I'm not sure that I care, but I just thought it was pretty interesting to note.

mattP rubs me wrong (OHAI MATT). He makes one "good" post and it feels like the rest of his posts have been "i'm gud guize" or commenting on JFSF distracting from the actual game, which in turn distracts from the actual game. So yeah. Not saying that he's scum, but ::feeeeeeelings::

p.much errbody else is just... I don't fucking know. Three rl days and this game is a perfect analogy for shit. So for the time being, my best bet is this.

Vote:RadiantCowbells

I'll actually go back and look into other people later, but these stood out to me for now. I did mostly read this with the mindset of "JFSFvRC is happening right now" so that was I guess what I was looking for, so I'll do a reread (probably tomorrow honestly) looking into other people.

You took my "I'm so lost" comment out of context. It was in direct response to a miscommunication with jake, not a proclamation of general confusion.

Explain to me how "I'm so lost" != "Oh my god my head hurts. This is fucking ridiculous."

Your read on matt is a load of shit and makes no comment to his push on the bulge

You have a strong need to self-affirm

I already made a scum case on grim but I'm just a vi so ignoing it at one's personal will is pro-town
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 7:31 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

But luckily, you're a good player, so your lack of reading comprehension is acceptable.

I never had an intention for anyone to push Oversoul. I think they're town
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 7:40 am

Post by MattP »

In post 593, Flubbernugget wrote:
You took my "I'm so lost" comment out of context. It was in direct response to a miscommunication with jake, not a proclamation of general confusion.

Explain to me how "I'm so lost" != "Oh my god my head hurts. This is fucking ridiculous."

Your read on matt is a load of shit and makes no comment to his push on the bulge

I already made a scum case on grim but I'm just a vi so ignoing it at one's personal will is pro-town

1st and 2nd line are self defense with a useless question
3rd line is contentless (and over-the-top, I had posted barely at all so you being SO ridiculously on-my-side is bizarre) and lacks depth
4th line is useless
And you never vote him.
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 7:42 am

Post by MattP »

In post 594, Flubbernugget wrote:I never had an intention for anyone to push Oversoul. I think they're town

What was you intention with 425 exactly?
SlappyKrust
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 7:52 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 595, MattP wrote:
In post 593, Flubbernugget wrote:

1st and 2nd line are self defense with a useless question
3rd line isa contentless (and over-the-top, I had posted barely at all so you being SO ridiculously on-my-side is bizarre) and lacks depth
4th line is useless
And you never vote him.

why is it hard to believe I thought rc was scummier than grimm?

If I'm defending myself doesn't that imply there's poor reasoning on behalf of the attacker? which alignment is more likely to have poor reasoning? And what alignment would be more likely to reassure themselves? Probably the alignment that has to make statements that are wrong...
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 8:10 am

Post by MattP »

In post 597, Flubbernugget wrote:why is it hard to believe I thought rc was scummier than grimm?

If I'm defending myself doesn't that imply there's poor reasoning on behalf of the attacker? which alignment is more likely to have poor reasoning? And what alignment would be more likely to reassure themselves? Probably the alignment that has to make statements that are wrong...

I didn't bring up the grimm post? I never said I was voting you because of the grimm post? You brought it up and said, "look at how this is me doing EXACTLY what you're saying I'm not doing in the game." and I am, in turn, pointing out that it EASILY can be rationalized to fit into my interpretation of your GENERAL play in the game and doesn't sway my read of you.
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 8:12 am

Post by MattP »

Like, sure, I can ALSO interpret your Grimm post in YOUR way, but either intepretation holds water so it doesn't make my read of you hold less water /become inconsistent, even if you're trying to make it that way
SlappyKrust

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”