Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3950 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:20 pm

Post by Rubicon »

In post 3937, Nero Cain wrote:I feel like Pointy's "one of Nero/RIP have to be scum" is false dichotomy.

I've been mulling over the idea that he's scum who knows his only chance at victory is lynching outside the PoE pool. He's not the only person suggesting we lynch one of you/RIP, but he seems really eager to lynch you in particular.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3951 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Post by Rubicon »

In post 3949, elusive wrote:but I do know that NO RESULT is possible.

Hmm?
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3952 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:26 pm

Post by Rubicon »

VOTE: PointYBagelS
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3953 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by Rubicon »

My gut really, really, reaaallllly wants to lynch Drixx (especially since his play is identical to ika and pisskop and RM) but I don't have a good answer for how RIP could have been roleblocked if Drixx is the only remaining scum.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3954 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:31 pm

Post by Rubicon »

In post 3949, elusive wrote:I don't know if he's lying, I think we may have to lynch him to confirm

My concern is that we don't really learn anything if he flips town cop.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3955 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:37 pm

Post by Grib »

This is immensely annoying. None of the people who are under suspicion are really saying or doing anything.

Like. Drixx, I'm sorry about your condition, and I highly doubt you /want/ to read the game and fight your lynch, but I think if you were town you'd at least be trying, or you'd replace out instead of doing /absolutely nothing/ except saying 'oh yeah I'm VT you shouldn't lynch me.'
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3956 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:40 pm

Post by Grib »

Pointy called out Kitzslot so many times and never made a move to vote her. There was too much 'oh yes xyz is scummy but this is my excuse for not wanting to pressure/vote/lynch them' BS, but the whole Daychat thing is a good point against that.

bleh
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3957 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 3955, Grib wrote:Like. Drixx, I'm sorry about your condition, and I highly doubt you /want/ to read the game and fight your lynch, but I think if you were town you'd at least be trying, or you'd replace out instead of doing /absolutely nothing/ except saying 'oh yeah I'm VT you shouldn't lynch me.'

Okay cool, well you can apologize for your faux sincerity later. You can check my post history and see what that brush with unpleasantness impacted. If you want something substantive from me, you're going to have to wait for me to read the thread.

Remember how I asked for a summary or a link to good summary posts? I don't recall anyone giving a summary or linking to any summary posts.

I asked for what the case against me was, and apparently it's because I replaced someone who site flaked and a no kill happened so there's not actually any reason in my slot ISO to suspect me. That sort of thing is frowned upon isn't it? I mean ... isn't the reason you can't see when someone is online/offline and what they are doing on the site set the way it is because people would try and game the game by seeing who was doing PMs at night phase and watching for people to be online at times that gave clues as to whether they had a role or clues to their alignment.

Trying to game the game using things outside the game is just not cool. You shouldn't do it.

If someone wants to give me a summary, that would be super cool. If not, you can wait until I finish reading the 4,000 posts for my thoughts on everyone alive. That's how it goes. I don't replace into a game if I'm not willing to read through and catch up on what happened, in context. It is in context where a lot of things can get missed by lazy replacements. Not the way I roll (intentional joke).

There's like nearly 7 days until the deadline and apparently there's like only a couple people under lynch consideration ... so there seems to be no reason to rush just at the moment.

The question that occurs to me at the moment is:
Who benefits from silencing me before I can share my thoughts on the game and the players alive with fresh eyes?
-- Town players would do well to ask that question; you may find it useful in your thinking about the game. I happily have tomorrow free of obligations so shouldn't take me too much more time to finish reading the thread.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3958 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:54 pm

Post by elusive »

For one I would not read the whole game that's just bleh. Just ISO scum instead and tell us what you see or notice.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3959 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by elusive »

I think maybe people can give key points they notice so far? I'll try to do major ones when I can, it's a long slog of a game.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3960 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:13 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 3957, Drixx wrote:snip

That wasn't my intention at all.

It's hard to know what you're thinking if you don't say anything. 'I'm at xyz and this is what I think' type posts whenever you can manage or something like that could help.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3961 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:15 pm

Post by Grib »

I mean.

The last guy we lynched lurked it out.

So it's not like the suspicions are completely unfounded.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3962 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by Grib »

Also, it's frowned upon on other forums, but regardless of what you may think of it, it is in fact used quite extensively here, from what I've seen.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3963 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:23 pm

Post by Rubicon »

In post 3957, Drixx wrote:
In post 3955, Grib wrote:Like. Drixx, I'm sorry about your condition, and I highly doubt you /want/ to read the game and fight your lynch, but I think if you were town you'd at least be trying, or you'd replace out instead of doing /absolutely nothing/ except saying 'oh yeah I'm VT you shouldn't lynch me.'

Okay cool, well you can apologize for your faux sincerity later. You can check my post history and see what that brush with unpleasantness impacted. If you want something substantive from me, you're going to have to wait for me to read the thread.

Remember how I asked for a summary or a link to good summary posts? I don't recall anyone giving a summary or linking to any summary posts.

I asked for what the case against me was, and apparently it's because I replaced someone who site flaked and a no kill happened so there's not actually any reason in my slot ISO to suspect me. That sort of thing is frowned upon isn't it? I mean ... isn't the reason you can't see when someone is online/offline and what they are doing on the site set the way it is because people would try and game the game by seeing who was doing PMs at night phase and watching for people to be online at times that gave clues as to whether they had a role or clues to their alignment.

Trying to game the game using things outside the game is just not cool. You shouldn't do it.

If someone wants to give me a summary, that would be super cool. If not, you can wait until I finish reading the 4,000 posts for my thoughts on everyone alive. That's how it goes. I don't replace into a game if I'm not willing to read through and catch up on what happened, in context. It is in context where a lot of things can get missed by lazy replacements. Not the way I roll (intentional joke).

There's like nearly 7 days until the deadline and apparently there's like only a couple people under lynch consideration ... so there seems to be no reason to rush just at the moment.

The question that occurs to me at the moment is:
Who benefits from silencing me before I can share my thoughts on the game and the players alive with fresh eyes?
-- Town players would do well to ask that question; you may find it useful in your thinking about the game. I happily have tomorrow free of obligations so shouldn't take me too much more time to finish reading the thread.

I'd lynch you just for this post.

The first 3500 posts of this game are not very important. They're about people we already lynched. The posts
since you replaced in
have covered everything you need to know about claims, mechanical stuff, interactions, etc. And a lot of shit has happened since you replaced in that you've ignored.

I understand wanting to read, but you can also just follow along and ask questions. Look stuff up in ISOs. Or even share your thoughts as you read so we know you're alive.

But you seem overwhelmed by the game and angry that people are voting you. You're overreacting to pressure at a point when your wagon has like 1-2 votes. And you're ignoring questions about other players. That makes me think you're scum.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3964 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:41 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 3957, Drixx wrote:

Okay cool, well you can apologize for your faux sincerity later.

Actually, I'm just going to do this now.

You are right. It is pretty much faux sincerity. I'm not actually sorry, in the same way I would be if you were a family member, or a close friend. I'm not sorry because you are a stranger on the Internet I have no emotional attachment to. I'm sorry for you in the same way I'm sorry for murder victims or natural disaster survivors shown on the news. I can't force myself to genuinely empathize with you any more than I can force myself to fall in love with a specific person, or force myself to be afraid of dandelions. But I also /am/ sorry to an extent because I'm not a sociopath.

I said it to be polite. Saying 'I'm sorry' when you don't or can't actually mean it is called a polite lie. And because 'hey you're lurking' is not a cool thing to say when someone has declared they're not really going to be able play a game they subbed into because of a real life medical condition. Like, I'm not going to disregard your explanation post and insist you read everything and respond to the pressure on you /regardless of how you're feeling/ because you have a legitimate excuse for not doing so. The point behind was that your catch-up was effectively invisible, which made it look like you were lurking, and you zeroing in on my 'fake sincerity' really pisses me off.

When you say you're catching up but give /absolutely no indication that you are in fact catching up/, that leads me to think you're simply lurking. That is what I was getting at.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3965 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Post by Drixx »

Hopefully we'll be friends going forward Grib, and then you can totally be sincere.

I haven't made any notes and such as I go along, because I personally read that as overly showy and it usually gives me a scum vibe. Perhaps I should re-evaluate how I view that?

@Rubicon - Not overwhelmed or emotionally bothered at all. If one plays mafia, one is going to get voted and lynched. The most likely statistical outcome of a given game is that you will be a townie and be lynched. If you can't handle that, don't play.

Thank you for telling me that anything that I need to know or talk about has been covered and/or referred to since I replaced in. That will make my ability to be productive and useful considerably more quick.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3966 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:36 am

Post by Grib »

Yeah, hopefully. I like your name, and your avatar.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3967 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:56 am

Post by Shinobi »

Vote Count

RIP
(4):
Grib, BlueBloodedToffee, davesaz, PointYBagelS

Drixx
(2):
elusive, RIP

Rubicon
(1):
Nero Cain

PeaceBringer
(1):
Vampirate

PointYBagelS
(1):
Rubicon

Not Voting
(2):
Drixx, PeaceBringer

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-06-21 00:00:00)
Last edited by Shinobi on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #3968 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:02 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

vote Vamp
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3969 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:14 am

Post by Rubicon »

In post 3965, Drixx wrote:@Rubicon - Not overwhelmed or emotionally bothered at all. If one plays mafia, one is going to get voted and lynched. The most likely statistical outcome of a given game is that you will be a townie and be lynched. If you can't handle that, don't play.

(shrug) That's a good attitude, but doesn't match your play so far.
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3970 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:01 am

Post by RIP »

How I'm leading wagon? This is ridiculous.
I'm an important role, obv there was an attempt at my life or rubicon. Either I was role lock or jail kept or some other weird shit.

I'll be here late tonight
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3971 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:08 am

Post by Drixx »

Yeah, sorry if it seemed otherwise. Text is a poor communicator of tone. So much of human communication comes from tone and body language that it can be super easy to see something in text that isn't, or to miss something in text that is. For future reference, if you ever have occasion to see me actually mad during a mafia game, there will be absolutely zero possibility of any doubt. It's not pleasant for anyone and it very rarely happens.

I'm going back to the first post I made and reading from there, as advised. I will make notes on what I come up with. I'll be doing this off and on for the next couple hours as a break from a lengthy project I'm working on.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3972 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:13 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 3970, RIP wrote:How I'm leading wagon? This is ridiculous.
I'm an important role, obv there was an attempt at my life or rubicon. Either I was role lock or jail kept or some other weird shit.

I'll be here late tonight

Except for everyone has claimed so we know that can't be the case (town wise).

Do you think it makes sense for scum to have 2 role-blockers?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3973 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:14 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Actually, what if scum had a factional role block?

Hmm...

Role block RIP and kill Rubicon.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3974 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:40 am

Post by Grib »

Has a factional roleblock ever existed?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”