Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4225 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't want to live to LYLO since I'm a free mislynch so if I get lynched today lynch all of Vamp, Rubi and Drixx. GG
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4226 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:53 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

You can call me new, but I'm not.

You're getting wagoned because you're scummy.

I'm waiting to see what Rubi intends to do.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4227 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ummm...no. I'm getting wagoned b/c there is a claim that contradicts my claim.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4228 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:07 pm

Sure.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4229 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

God I hate playing with you NS.

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4230 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:12 pm

NS?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4231 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 4223, Grib wrote:
Spoiler: stuff
Wow, there’s a lot of stuff I don’t like.
In post 4171, Drixx wrote:I really don't see anything that I can defend myself with.
I'm being suspected for mechanics reasons
and not something that came out of my slot. Either you believe my claim and I keep trying to see if I can spot the scum narrative slip that I know has to be there in a game 4200 posts long ... or you can lynch me if that somehow helps town. I'm not a PR, and the only thing I bring to the table is rational analysis of the game. I believe my best play is in the late game figuring out where scum narratives had to adjust for unexpected things, but that takes time and work to figure out. I've got a white board with some thoughts scribbled on it, but I wouldn't be the game on any specific person being scum just yet.

I'm dumping as much time as I have into this game right now.

That is not why you’re being suspected. Rubicon already went over this.

Posting thoughts as you go is not half-assing it. It’s letting us know you’re participating.

In post 4177, Drixx wrote: Just to make sure I understand this correctly: more than half the game have implicitly or explicitly called me a liar at this point? Elusive went so far as to mock me despite objective evidence that my late game play is legit.

I should be motivated to sink time into what is supposed to be fun when you guys are being nasty why?

Getting mad about getting called a liar in a game of lying?

It’s the whole ‘I’m reading and totally catching up’ thing that’s being attacked, not your IRL excuse. There’s nothing nasty about it.

In post 4178, Drixx wrote:Here's the deal. I have a significant sample of completed games on site, of varying sizes and lengths. I also, obviously, have ongoing games on site. You all may feel free to view all of my games and feel just as free to point out any completed game where I just lurksacked and didn't engage or where I said something was the case and it was not. You have zero basis to attack me personally, and it's outright bullshit, especially from people who know me from prior games.

Games don't just magically click into place and solve themselves. It takes time and effort. You lot really expect that I should have just devoted every waking moment the last couple days to immersing into this game? I thought we had a lengthy amount of time to work with for a reason. I also, and I know this must be a shocker to those of you who are personally attacking me, have other hobbies. If you have nothing else to do with your time and can spend 12 hours a day on mafia games ... that's spectacular. I'm glad for you. I have a finite amount of time, and if that's not good enough for you, then just lynch me and see that I was being honest, and then look through who has played with me before and didn't want me to finish reading through and taking notes on the game.

Because my "giveashit" level for this game just went down to like 0.5 when I refreshed to keep up while in another tab I'm ~100 pages back.

Okay, but we don’t need the entire history of your past games. Just for you to focus on this game. There are no personal attacks. You’re either getting mad over a misunderstanding, or this is fake scumrage to get us to back off.

Like. You claiming that us attacking you is making you less motivated and less likely to catch up is such a scumtell. I don’t know how you can’t see this.

In post 4180, Drixx wrote:
In post 4179, Rubicon wrote:You said you have notes and they're incomplete. Please post them.

Go to that website I linked you and tell me the flaw in your clever plan. Or do you think I should drop $20 so I can invite the whole game to my whiteboard just so that
you will stop calling me a liar, without any evidence or reason to do so
?

That’s not what he meant and you know it.

In post 4184, Drixx wrote:Elusive you have played with me before. You can also go look at my completed games. Have you ever seen me just lurk out of a game? Have I ever replaced out of a game? The answer to those question is a resounding no.

I haven't gotten ... for lack of a better word ... "hooked" into this game yet. Normally it only takes a little bit and I can get into the flow of things. It's uncommon for me to have trouble getting into mafia games. I greatly enjoy mafia.

I'll either get into this one and be useful or you'll be impatient and lynch me and see I'm a VT and hopefully that doesn't hurt the town. Given that the deadline is a significant length of time away, I think it's wicked premature to conclude that I am for some reason just completely being a different player than my entire time on site, for no discernible reason.

I mean ... I replaced into SMITE with the gamestate being awful, my team mates being completely demoralized and basically barely willing to even interact in the scum PT, let alone in game. At one point they were like 28 and 19 days inactive in the activity overview. I carried that to a scum win. If I was willing to do the work to get into
that
game, shouldn't that fact buy me some freaking benefit of the doubt here?

It's precisely because I'm not an imbecile that I haven't given reads yet. I have conflicting thoughts on a couple of players. I'm trying to read in context because I feel like I'm missing something by just looking at out of context things. Sometimes you can read an ISO and get a lot from it. Sometimes the context is the key. Rubicon's suggestion to just read from when I replaced in didn't end up with me having anyone I felt even remotely sure was scum. I'm doing what I know how to do, which is to read and note things that catch my attention.

The more I have to sit here and have an argument with people who should know better, the less I am doing what you want me to do.

Then stop making posts like these?

I honestly don’t know what’s taking so long. I think you’re probably doing a /lot/ more than you need to, which comes across as stalling.

In post 4190, Drixx wrote:We have 10 days and 17 hours on the deadline. I am irritated because I'm being called a liar and scum and people are trying to push me to do it half assed and there's loads of time left. I don't see any reason that me taking a couple more days and making a significant post that should be at least somewhat useful is a bad thing. You all may still decide to kill me because of that whole "Slot flaked, no kill happened, ergo slot is scum" ... "logic" ... but at least you'll have what I've got to say when you run me up and I flip town.

Okay, ten days. Please don’t disappoint.

In post 4192, Drixx wrote:Are you always an asshole Nero, or are you just bestowing me with some special attention?

Sigh.

In post 4194, Drixx wrote:I wasn't aware nearly dying was an excuse. I'll have to note that for future reference. If nearly dying isn't a good reason not to dump time into a forum mafia game, then all reasons short of actual death must, by definition, be excuses.

Okay, see, this is not okay.

If you’re going to continue playing in this game despite your condition, you will be held to the same basic standards as the rest of us. That includes being called a liar or scum when you seem suspicious (in your case, it looks like you’re stalling).

Because if your condition is that bad, then you shouldn’t be playing, because nobody wants to play with a person who’s going to fall back on something like ‘I nearly died, please leave me alone.’ Seriously, what the fuck? Guilt tripping people over a game /you/ decide to play /despite severe circumstances/ is such an asshole thing to do. Please stop it.

Drixx, you don't have to respond to this. I'm just letting you know.

My irritation was because the attack wasn't about my play. It was a straight out "You're lying about actually doing anything" which is an attack on me as a person.

Being told that I've just had "excuses" is the only reason I brought up the reason for my V/LA. Autonomic Dysreflexia has been a daily companion since I was 11 years old. The magnitude and duration of the particular episode that occurred and caused me to take that V/LA (and it's easy to confirm I did so sitewide) matches only two prior occasions in
decades
of dealing with my condition. My irritation stemmed from someone calling that an excuse. It's the
reason
I didn't click into this game as quickly as I would have liked. It was unforeseeable and also unlikely to occur to anywhere near that degree again any time soon.

If you all would like to be horribly grossed out, I could post a picture of what caused it. Had a cast on my left ankle and despite precautions taken to prevent it happening, developed something similar to a diabetic ulcer that became infected under the cast. It's doing quite well now, but we took a picture of it when they couldn't find any other cause for the severe autonomic response and removed the cast and found it. It's quite gnarly, but thankfully much better.

I've nearly caught up, and there's a really big question that I think will resolve some things in my mind:

@Shinobi: Hypothetically speaking, is the scum kill a factional ability that can be used by any member of the faction (for the purposes of blocking, tracking, etc...), while someone's actual role abilities are separate and may still be used? I have played in normal games on site which go either way and the normal guidelines do not address this. It seems to be a moderator's decision. Obviously you can decline to answer. I'm not trying to game you or anything, but knowing whether a posited final scum can do the factional kill and use his own abilities would really help me properly sort some confusing things in the game

I expect that we won't get an answer, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4232 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by davesaz »

I'm not sure it matters what a single scum could do, because I think it's a fairly good chance we have two left.
I still think the no-kill could have been because there wasn't even a kill submitted that night. Why get so hung up on there being an action to stop it?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4233 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:27 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Vote Count

Nero Cain
(2):
BlueBloodedToffee, Vampirate

Grib
(1):
RIP

Vampirate
(1):
Nero Cain

Drixx
(1):
Grib

Not Voting
(4):
elusive, davesaz, Rubicon, Drixx

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-07-04 17:00:00)
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4234 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:53 am

Post by davesaz »

VOTE: Drixx
Have been thinking this for quite a long time.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4235 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:54 am

Imagine if Dave was Godfather...I could see that being a possibility tbh.

Without claims, Dave is the person I would put money on being scum.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4236 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:53 am

Post by Drixx »

Dave's naked vote without reasoning kind of makes me re-evaluate what I was just about to post. I'm pretty sure Nero is scum and I've got some decent reasons for believing it.

Re-assessing Davesaz's ISO.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4237 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:21 am

Post by RIP »

In post 4224, Nero Cain wrote::facepalm:

look, I get it that you you are new and only really care about surviving but could you start paying attention? I am getting wagoned b/c there is a "no result" on me. Since I have inside information that I know that I am a vt the ONLY explanations are that RIP is lying or that scum used an action on one of us.

Also the fact that Rubi is so convinced that I'm going to flip town should be ringing all kinds of alarm bells.

Well I'm not scum.
If you are Vt which vamp also claimed now then idk what happened and this will cause my mislynch cuz we can't explain it.
Then again yo guys are missing the fact if scum claims a cop role he's dead or highly suicidal.

Nero scum equity is low. This is not how Nero plays scum unless he's the last one and is going all out.
I can't see what scum role Nero can be that would make him untargatable.
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4238 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:22 am

Post by RIP »

I think are only option ATM is drixx. With a side of GRIB.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4239 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:23 am

RIP, it's highly unlikely we're looking for two more scum IMO.
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4240 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:28 am

Post by RIP »

Didn't rubi or someone cleared Dave spbased on something role related?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4241 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:29 am

Yeah, Grib copped him.

But, if he is Godfather (scum) he would show up as innocent due to his role.
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4242 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:31 am

Post by RIP »

I didn't say there's two. I'm saying this is where scum resides
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4243 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:32 am

Post by RIP »

Well let's kill GRIB. I don't believe he can cop also
He has like a million powers, fuck no
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4244 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:32 am

JOAT is a role.

We're not lynching Grib.
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4245 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:37 am

Post by RIP »

Bs
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4246 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:38 am

You don't believe JOAT is a role...?
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4247 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:04 am

Post by Vampirate »

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... all-trades

Jack of all trades., it's my first game with that role but there it is.
You are not more paranoid than me!!!!
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4248 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:30 am

Post by Rubicon »

still waiting for Drixx.

In post 4237, RIP wrote:Nero scum equity is low. This is not how Nero plays scum unless he's the last one and is going all out.

^ I agree with this. But he's been playing that way all game.
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4249 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:02 am

Post by Vampirate »

In post 4248, Rubicon wrote:still waiting for Drixx.

In post 4237, RIP wrote:Nero scum equity is low. This is not how Nero plays scum unless he's the last one and is going all out.

^ I agree with this. But he's been playing that way all game.

Rubicon meta aside.

Can you please give an explanation that makes sense if Nero is town on RIP's check 'no result' claim?

Do you believe Nero is a VT?

If Nero is a VT than what possible outside influence could explain the outcome of what happened on the no result that is not only possible but also plausible as well.
You are not more paranoid than me!!!!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”