Micro 488: Forest Fire - Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:12 pm

Post by Gyre and Gimble »

Sonic checking in from hydra main

ready to lock and load
I was only looking at the trees, not the forest, and the trees were bad. The forest was also bad.

hitogoroshi/Metal Sonic hydra.
Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:15 pm

Oh hah, I was going to just go to bed because it's 2am but figured I'd get the scope of the YJ ISO and it was so short I just did it. Not really anything to go on.

Maybe a slight scum case can be made for:

In post 848, YurikoJasmine wrote:I'm making VERY slow progress here. After reading the first 6 pages for three times, I think pie and GB are possibly both town as I can see both coming from town and the sensible scum approach would not to be arguing about things again and again.

So many diminutives makes me feel like this is YJ trying to give a read on a buddy and being so terrified she wraps it in a million safety nets (so one of pie/GB). But it's not that strong of a tell.

So the YJ ISO didn't really help. Well, I'll figure out some clever way to catch up tomorrow.

ps. we can maybe sign posts if you really care, but something tells me it will be pretty clear which posts are hito posts and which posts are sonic posts.
I was only looking at the trees, not the forest, and the trees were bad. The forest was also bad.

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:17 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1423, Metal Sonic wrote:Hi pie I love you

hi MS I love you too <3
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:56 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I actually managed to get to the end of D1 and wound up with an entirely unreadable post that I haven't filtered in any way whatsoever. tl;dr is that I'm actually really concerned with how S-S played this: I'm seeing a lot of poking at alternate targets to Yuriko (RBD, sangres), while ignoring the majority of the Yuriko-related discussion that happened. the point where he decided to vote Yuriko ( ~ ) came immediately after GB's where he essentially said he was voting Yuriko, which was about the point where it became obvious ppl weren't going to tolerate Yuriko stalling for content and would likely lynch her - if that was what his strategy was, it makes a lot of sense that he'd give up and bus her at that point when it was obvious it wasn't getting anywhere. the reasoning behind said pushes were him sheeping sangres on RBD and in general not making sense of any of Nacho's posts, which once you get down to it is pretty weak.

this might make sense if he legitimately just didn't see anything beyond "policy" for Yuriko being scum. but the thing is, there was stuff like Regfan specifically disagreeing with the initial town read he put up (), and a *lot* of points where people put up legitimate non-policy reasons for Yuriko being scum, and he *still* didn't seem to notice any of it

Yuriko's was interesting. GS, GB, and S-S had all posted saying they scum read her but S-S was the only one she questioned - as if she was specifically going out of her way to interact with him. compare to re: GS' scum read on her which accomplishes basically nothing whatsoever. this could also just be because she had him as her top "scum read".

his play this game day also passes the "makes sense coming from scum" test in that I haven't actually seen him do anything, and when he did, he didn't really commit to any firm reads and instead left a lot of options open for scum reads

someone please please please tell me I'm just being ridiculously dumb here, bc the more I look at this the more sense I think it makes - and I really don't know if Quil's recent play makes sense coming from scum
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:59 pm

Post by pieguyn »

k I'm about to pass out any second now. ask me if you want more elaboration on any of this.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:55 pm

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

Didn't have as much time to catch up as I thought over the weekend since stuff came up

Nati's pretty much abandoned me for reasons and I am gonna be behind for basically however long this game goes since I don't see myself having much free time in the next few weeks. So I can either replace out or, if enough people feel it's likely that I'm scum, you can just lynch me (but then I'll probably end up replacing out anyway so there's at least someone not completely useless in my slot after I'm dead). I'd rather not replace out since I do like this playerlist but it's either that or I'm probably never caught up for the rest of the game which isn't really fair on this game

I guess lynching scum today functionally achieves the same goal of getting me out of this game, but I don't feel good about anyone being scum atm, soooooooooooo meh. I don't see myself wanting to lynch softspoken or bormy unless something drastically changed/changes at some point. I don't think regfan is scum and would be rather surprised if some of the things he's written and some of the appeals he's made this game came from him as scum. I stopped thinking sangres was scum a while ago. pieguy and Quilford are the two I feel least good about this game but this is more of a don't-really-think-they're-as-town-as-others-so-could-be-scum thing.

I'm going to get dinner then I'll try catching up on the 20 or so pages I'm still behind with the time I have tonight. I'll prob do some final thoughts write-up or something with a bit more detail before making a replacement request

-Nati
Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:08 am

i have an exam tomorrow so we'll probably catchup tomorrow

hito is busy too

Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:10 am

also UNVOTE: because the last VC had quil voting himself which is bad

also lets strive for perfect town win perfection is key

and 7 days to deadline is a goodly time

Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:11 am

oh and pieguy is obvious town

so is nachoffery

these are my townreads from what little i've read

Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:12 am

gentlemen bastards probbly town too

more soon

Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:28 am

Post by Gold Saucer »

Hi metal/Hito

I wasn't able to start my reread on Friday as planned, so that will begin tonight when I get home. I have a good bit of free time tomorrow, so I'm hoping to have it done then.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:06 am

Post by sangres »

pie, I've read your posts. am afk for the next several hours. will reread and give you my thoughts tonight or tomorrow.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:16 am

I feel real bad about abandoning muffin. We just can't be on at the same time and I was out of it this week(and every other week obviously) and I always end up doing the same fucking thing and I hate the reputation it's given me.

But ugh. Here I am, at least. If muffin leaves, so be it, I understand, but I'll stick this through.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:19 am

In post 1379, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:Before I start catching up here: has Nati been caught up in this game? I'd kinda really like to see where she's at now.

Define 'caught up': As in, not actively avoiding this game like I was(in my greater active avoidance of mafiascum so I could keep smiling and not stressing about activity quotas), or as in the fact I likely won't put too much heart into rereading everything again.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:23 am

BTW this is prob ending in my lynch because I can't handle the fire but I think gun to my head atm it has to be Empire and Regfan? At least, that's where my ~~heart~~ is leading me?
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:25 am

I chuckled at the tammy/ffery almost-fight :)
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:26 am

Post by BBmolla »

I'm showering then catching up
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 1375, pieguyn wrote:
In post 1370, sangres wrote:
In post 1289, Soft-spoken wrote:if we arnt lynching quil its RBD or or GB. im entirely agnostic when it comes to these 3

Why do you think GB could be scum?
Why not lynch pie?

do you have a scum read on me?

no
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by sangres »

although i've recently had paranoid flashes because it would suck if you were scum
but then again i've had paranoid flashes about everyone!
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 1376, Tammy wrote:So your turn. Do something. Show me you're actually trying to figure out the game because you don't get to sit up in your condescending chair and claim we should be doing more while ignoring every thing we have been doing, not doing a damn thing yourself, and sitting around and waiting.

woah woah woah this isn't fair
just because i want you to put my paranoid fears to rest and also help me do stuff doesn't mean that i'm ignoring things. and while my contributions have been spaced apart, they have been there. sure i didn't participate in you and empire talking about meta but i did participate in pushing quilford as recently as whenever i posted last.

again, just because i'm asking you to do things doesn't mean i think you've done nothing. it's that i'd like stronger reads on you and i'd like a stronger effort to figure shit out, which isn't an unreasonable request from any player in the game. it's a hard game.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 1380, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:Something that just occured to me while reading the latest Gold Saucer vs. sangres stuff: so we know that trees that get mislynched get to stick around forever basically unless they get doused/ignited (a process that takes at least two day phases to do)...my question is how do you guys expect this to inform the scum strategy in this game? I have some theories about it but I'd like to see what all of you think first.

As a hint for what I think: we might be approaching this game the wrong way.

i expect that scum won't push for mislynches that will kill them afterwards and won't make pushes that compromise the everliving fuck out of them
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:35 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 1376, Tammy wrote:Sooooooooo you're voting quilford, but you don't have really any particularly strong convictions that he's scum. Why are you voting him then?

i don't have any particularly strong convictions that anyone is scum
i'm voting the person who i feel has the highest chance of being scum
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 1382, pieguyn wrote:tried reading again. Nacho, why do you need GS to be "more invested" in the game than they currently are? do you think they might be scum or do you just want to hear their thoughts on the game? if it's the latter, why is that apparently necessary enough to keep poking at them (despite a lack of time due to RL coming from one head) over it?

I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to get out of doing this.

both

i'm trying to feel really really really good about the slot
and i'm trying to see where they stand on the game to see what they're picking up on and i'm missing
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by sangres »

i feel sort of weird in this game because when i don't know who's scum i tend to just flail around and attack things and let paranoia run free (or lurk). and i feel that people should know this about me by now but everyone in the game is giving me weird looks for flailing around and attacking things? maybe I don't do it as much as I thought I did?
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:40 pm

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”