Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:07 pm

Post by pisskop »

Votecount 1.09

Prolapsed Brain
- (8) BlueBloodedToffee, duppin, davesaz, Bellaphant, TheCow, Keyser Söze, Dragonspawn, FA_Q2
Dragonspawn
- (4) Sword master, Garmr, Shazam, Annadog40
davesaz
- (1) Radiant Cowbells
Keyser Söze
- (1) mykonian
garmr
- (1) Boonskiies
Shazam
- (1) Aeronaut

Not Voting:
SilverWrath, Kop, Kitty Galore, Prolapsed Brain, Klingoncelt

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch.
Deadline is 10AUG15, (expired on 2015-08-10 17:00:00)
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 358, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Cool, can I get your reasons for being suspicious of all those people?

I fookin' hate making long posts. Give me a bit to get it done.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 359, RadiantCowbells wrote:But you're liking me for town?

<3

For now, at least.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 360, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 355, Klingoncelt wrote:I'm not liking much:
Aeronaut
Annadog40
Bellaphant
Boonskiies
dragonspawn
Keyser Söze
Kitty Galore
Kop
mykonian
Prolapsed Brain
SilverWrath
Sword Master

You may be onto something here :giggle: Can you list the players you ARE liking much too, and finally a list of the players you are neither liking or not liking.

:lol: no.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:17 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 361, mykonian wrote:
In post 346, Bellaphant wrote:@myko, who is the one townie?

Thecow's page 13 is very townie. Not the individual posts, but the series.

Klingoncelts list is indeed not very productive, which he knows. The issue is that he starts from a gut read and tries to condense that. Or in his words, he's mostly paranoid. He finds the easy things to dislike, the people who lurk, the people who post awkwardly, the people who got fingers pointed their way. Which is exactly the thing an average scum would try to avoid. That list includes the bad scum, so you are probably going to find a couple there, depending on what the mod randomly sent out. I'd be a bit sad though if klingon actually used that as his starting point, he's discarding the average scum to muck around in a hard to read pool of players. It's something to keep in mind, not a reads list.

SHE isn't as noob as you think, dear.

I know some of the players and how they think.
-
MiniDeathStar
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

VOTE: keyserI am here.
Btw this is serious. Something seems off.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by pisskop »

Bulbazoor replaces Silverwrath
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

VOTE: PB
Also iffy. He needs to get to l y n c h minus one.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 380, davesaz wrote:

@Klingon: A better question would be, what about Shazam's play makes you think the noob/alt question needs to be asked?

His cocky aggressiveness. From an old-schooler maybe it's okay, but from someone new to the site it's either A) scummy or B) anti-town. Not good either way.
-
MiniDeathStar
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:43 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 398, TheCow wrote:Busy with RL at the moment. I'll do an reread the thread and do an analysis on something I find interesting when I get the chance. For now, I'd be open to people asking me questions on specific matters which do not involve rereading the entire thread: I should have time enough for at least that.

What do you think of the entire thread?:)
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:54 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 407, Bulbazoor wrote:VOTE: PB

Why?

Seriously if we are pressuring him to get activity why do we have to push him to L1 if he reacts before?
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:09 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 329, Shazam wrote:
In post 307, Bellaphant wrote:
I like
what FA is doing.

@BBT, I can kinda see what Gamr is saying about dragon -
I feel like
he's not looking any deeper at the game and it's
frustrating to me

In terms of Soze, his Iso
confuses
me. Some of it
seems
really genuine and town-minded, some of it is just...noisy and the discussion with myk
doesn't fill me with town-vibes
It might be a style thing.

PB's iso is not giving me any
positive feelings
, though. He's not sharing information, and with 12 posts
I feel
I should know -something- about his read on the game, and I don't.

VOTE: PB

This is poor. If you expect anyone to agree with you about who to vote, talk about more than your feelings. If you don't expect anyone to agree with you, why are you doing it?

I mean, it's honestly better to hear a person's feelings of someone rather than lifeless calculations and statistics. Some people do VCA and that drives me absolutely insane. If you're trying to call out someone because they're telling us their personal feelings on the game, you're reaching.

Having said that though, the thing I did notice about the post you quoted is that while it doesn't seem manufactured/fabricated, it does feel very... fence-sitting. Will probably come back to this.

In post 331, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 308, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 255, Klingoncelt wrote:
BBT looks Town for now.

Can you explain this? Hoping for something substantial from your slot soon...

Earlier on, when the Dragon flashwagon was rocketing ahead, I was certain that you were Scum. Now I see how you were using it for information. So now you look Townish.

This is something I agree with, but don't think I've mentioned. BBT was giving me some scum vibes near the beginning of the game because of him just pushing the wagon without any real reasoning or analysis. Looking at his later posts, though, there's been a good amount of analysis of the wagon(s), him using it, etc. So I feel better about BBT for now.

In post 341, mykonian wrote:this game has too many dragon votes and too few on soze/duppin :(

Why should any of us be voting Duppin? I read your thing about Soze. Don't agree.

In post 348, Garmr wrote:Do you have some sort of sick and twisted post restrictions rc

Spoiler:
In post 238, pisskop wrote:
Pariah's Mafia is about challenging site Meta and discouraging setup spec, yo.

@Shazam, why are you attacking what is basically a play-style thing? It doesn't look like you've bothered to work out if it's anything to do with alignment, and it's no different to a bunch of people's reads. Why chose to take apart that post, in 14 pages?

This is selective questioning at best.

In post 353, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 352, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 350, Klingoncelt wrote:

Shazam, which are you, noob or alt?

What kind of question even is that

I've come across some very cocky noobs of late. They don't help move the game along at all. They hinder it.

Now if he's an old player using an alt, that makes a difference.

Ok, that's fair. Honestly any cocky player is usually pretty bad for the town, IMO. People do things such as fakeclaim three different PRs as town, etc. You remember that wonderful game don't you? :D

In post 355, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 354, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Kling, can you state your reads please?

Right now paranoia's taken over. I'm not liking much:
Aeronaut
Annadog40
Bellaphant
Boonskiies
dragonspawn
Keyser Söze
Kitty Galore
Kop
mykonian
Prolapsed Brain
SilverWrath
Sword Master

Yeah, more than half the players.

I actually kind of like this post a lot.

Not the part where you suspect me.

But I like it anyway.

In post 368, Garmr wrote:I feel quite comfortable now just sitting here thinking and taking note of reads to myself. large games are like that through I can always sit back and analysis things at my own pace.

Why did you feel the need to tell us this?

In post 371, Keyser Söze wrote:My comments in
red

In post 365, mykonian wrote:You had trouble to get going this game.
(That is your opinion, I have been enjoying this game from the very beginning [not aligment-indicative])
. You didn't want to miss the boat and get called out as a lurker so early on you wanted good looking posts out to get off to a good start
(I have never been called a lurker, and I don't think I ever will be called a lurker. I would rather replace out then lurk [not aligment-indicative])
. There are two keys to this, first "good looking" and the second that it was forced by your gameplan, not naturally by other people's posting. So what we end up with are very early posts with lots of quotes and a stiff structure. So by page 5 we see a PBPA
(Do you think only a scum-aligned player is more likely to post in my style? [not aligment-indicative])
. That's straight up silly should you have been town. As scum however, it makes a lot of sense. The PBPA structure makes that getting a post out with seeming analysis is doable, it helps you post. And really, you'll always find something if you want to in those. PBPA's are fine. But not on page 5. On the same page we find a logical setup about a quote where the premise is very neatly detailed etc. The argumentation is similar. Sure you could do that as town, but more usually a town sees a post, quotes it, and points out what he's seeing. He doesn't need a setup at the time of what is the exit of the RVS
(Again you are saying my playstyle is less likely to be written by a town-aligned player [not aligment-indicative])

Later on you get into your groove more, as expected. The start of the game is awkward for scum, you don't know where everybody stands and first impressions do count. But once that's past, you know what people want and who they suspect, responding to them and asking questions about it gets much easier, and as such scum posting would be expected to feel more natural. It's easy to blend in when people already have an expectancy from you
(I was not trying to blend in, I am developing and challenging my reads continually [not aligment-indicative]).

Shame your early game gives you away :)

Suggestion: Re-read my posts.
Think: 'Is it possible for them to be posted from a town-aligned player?'

Conclusion: All your reasons I cannot challenge with logic, as it is the same reply for all of them: 'Why can't a town-aligned player have posted this?' There are no allegations to respond to, no miss-reads/miss-reps to support, no contradictions to address: only comments regarding my playstyle.

"Shame your early game gives you away"
- I will frame this :giggle: Shame your myopic game let's your scum-hunting ability down.

See, I feel like Keyser here and in his other posts like this is doing the
opposite
of what Mhyko's saying. He's not trying to blend in, if anything he doesn't care about his image because his posting style is so radically different than most people. I don't know whether I should be townreading that, but I am.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:32 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 381, Annadog40 wrote:
In post 370, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:May I ask why?

I don't see why their not explaining their voting reasons is scummier then all the other players who do the exact same thing

This is a great fucking point.

In post 382, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:It's not just the not explaining his vote.

He went against the Dragon wagon and then joined the wagon. He never explained his reasoning for joining the wagon; when questioning about joining the wagon he unvotes.

Other than this, he has done nothing noteworthy in the game.

That is more than enough reason to vote someone.

Ok, well I recently voted for Shazam without any explanation after pushing Dragon for the majority of the game for *actual* reasons but neither you nor anyone felt the need to come after me or my logic for it. In my mind, that's basically the same thing, if not moreso.
So....

In post 390, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:He is clearly paying attention to the thread.

Don't let his lack of posting fool you.

Again, that's a good reason but Garmr literally posted that he was doing
just that
, (e.g. paying attention to the game but not posting ON PURPOSE) and you passed that up for the lurkerwagon. why.

In post 397, Kitty Galore wrote:
I am not big on PB, and mykonian.

Not big on the wagon or not big on their play?

In post 398, TheCow wrote:Busy with RL at the moment. I'll do an reread the thread and do an analysis on something I find interesting when I get the chance. For now, I'd be open to people asking me questions on specific matters which do not involve rereading the entire thread: I should have time enough for at least that.

How do you feel currently about Garmr, Anna, or Duppin?

In post 405, Bulbazoor wrote:VOTE: keyserI am here.

Ok, I'd like to know what's serious enough that you needed to say "it's serious" all dramatic like, but not serious enough that you were fine with just jumping on the PB wagon.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Here's the thing about the PB wagon.

We're getting really nothing from it. PB is posting next to nothing, people on the wagon are just relaying the same reasoning about him being a lurker etc etc. I don't particularly think he's town, but I also don't particularly think he's scum either. I have no real clue because he's not posting a lot, but
that can be said about a lot of players right now.

BBT's reasoning on paper is fine, but the problem with it is that it can be applied to a lot of people, but isn't right now.

I'm not compelled by the wagon and you shouldn't be either.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

But hey, here's a compelling wagon.

VOTE: Bellaphant
2023 W/L | 1-0
Kitty Galore
Kitty Galore
Goon
Kitty Galore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:06 pm

Post by Kitty Galore »

@Aeronaut-sorry that wasn't clear, not big on their play. I agree with you on the PB wagon though.
You are also in the same group I like.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:15 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

Welcome Bulbazoor.

In post 405, Bulbazoor wrote:VOTE: keyserI am here.

"Serious"? What "seems off"? I look forward to hearing your analysis.

In post 407, Bulbazoor wrote:VOTE: PB

I fear you were very quick to unvote me, and very quick to jump on the Prolapsed Brain wagon. My concern: instead of scum-hunting you are wagon-hunting.

I would love to hear Prolapsed Brain's thoughts on his own wagon.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:16 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Hopefully we can get an intent to hammer stated in the next page or so.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:17 pm

Anyone who isn't voting by page 17 - you should feel bad about yourself.

Make use of your vote.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:23 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Okay, here's the lame expansion of my paranoia list:

Aeronaut - He's starting to look less scummy now. But he fooled me before. It's that cute little avatar and his super nice approach... Can't trust this guy

Annadog40 - On the plus side, knows who the Beatles were. Voted Dragon because rhymes? Hmm. This early in the game I don't expect tons of content from anyone, but Anna's posts are pretty vacant. Will be watching her.

Bellaphant - Can't get a grip on her.

Boonskiies - Unusually quiet. Not alignment indicative, but bothersome.

Dragonspawn - I usually see him as Scum on D1. I'm usually wrong.

Keyser Söze - He's either a very good player, or he's very good because he's Scum. Focuses a lot on Mykonian

Kitty Galore - Not a lot of posts, blames R/L. Okay, could be, but Scum often use that as a cover.

Kop - V/LA. We'll see...

Mykonian - Definitely a veteran player, which means as Scum he should be pretty good at convincing us that he's Town.

Prolapsed Brain - An older player that reads like a noob. I dunno what to think of him.

Bulbazoor/(SilverWrath) - Silver flaked. Not necessarily a Scumtell, but the slot now bears watching.

Sword Master - V/LA. I'll be watching him when he gets back.

Add in Garmr because in post Aero points out some things that aren't ultra Townie.

Pretty weak reasoning, I know, but it's early in the first Day, what do you expect? I want to keep an eye on this group of players, hopefully I can move some into the Town column by the end of Day 2.
-
MiniDeathStar
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:25 pm

That is more than 'pretty weak reasoning'.

Having said that; maybe if you join the PB wagon and we push him you will be able to develop a read?
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:30 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 420, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:That is more than 'pretty weak reasoning'.

Having said that; maybe if you join the PB wagon and we push him you will be able to develop a read?

Perhaps...

VOTE: Prolapsed Brain

I believe this puts him at L-2.
-
MiniDeathStar
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:31 pm

That would be L-1.

Can someone state intent to hammer please?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:35 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 404, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 361, mykonian wrote:

Thecow's page 13 is very townie. Not the individual posts, but the series.

Klingoncelts list is indeed not very productive, which he knows. The issue is that he starts from a gut read and tries to condense that. Or in his words, he's mostly paranoid. He finds the easy things to dislike, the people who lurk, the people who post awkwardly, the people who got fingers pointed their way. Which is exactly the thing an average scum would try to avoid. That list includes the bad scum, so you are probably going to find a couple there, depending on what the mod randomly sent out. I'd be a bit sad though if klingon actually used that as his starting point, he's discarding the average scum to muck around in a hard to read pool of players. It's something to keep in mind, not a reads list.

SHE isn't as noob as you think, dear.

I know some of the players and how they think.

Interestingly, who are the 'hard scum', 'soft scum' and the 'average scum' mykonian is alluding to?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:38 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 422, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:That would be L-1.

Can someone state intent to hammer please?

UNVOTE: Prolapsed Brain

Can we let him respond before putting him at L-1.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”