elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:42 am

Post by elusive »

From having meta dived Salamence, he has a clear town vs. scum as well and right now he's leaning heavy on the scum side.

As town, he's logical gives read and interacts with multiple people and situations. As scum he (echoing the words of Farside) "Waves his d around" which right now is on part for the course.

Bad scum.
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:44 am

Post by Banana Frog »

Elusive,

Klingoncelt said that she had offline stuff that was making it hard for her to concentrate on the game but that she'd devote time to it later, and in your next post you attacked her so it looked like you were attacking her for being busy with offline stuff. I don't know her (or anybody) offline either.

I also don't carry grudges from game to game. Don't talk about ongoing, then.
Hydra of Fro99er (proper capitaliZation, US spelling, conciser, sometimes doesn't sign name) and Plotinus (intermittent use of capitaliSation, UK spelling, verboser, always signs name)
We will supply pictures of frogs and or banana slugs for anyone who is feeling sad <3
Quoth The Pidgeon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:45 am

Post by Quoth The Pidgeon »

In post 284, Persivul wrote:
In post 241, Quoth The Pidgeon wrote:Because flatly I don't see how those 3 posts could make anyone townread him.

Neither do I, and so I didn't townread him. I said they "make me feel better about" him. You're putting words in my mouth. When a usually prolific poster is very quiet it concerns me. When he starts posting again I feel better about it. That doesn't mean I've town read him yet.

If I
had
said that, though, I would think you of all people would be most willing to accept it, considering your very early town read on mastin, and your willingness to "base reads on things that often words don't exist to explain."

Excuse me? <-- and I mean that with as much incredulity you can imagine me saying it with. There are a few things going on here. Your original statement of "they make me feel better about him" very much implies that you think THOSE POSTS look town from him. I said that I can't believe THOSE 3 POSTS would make anyone townread him.

I perhaps buy that you aren't "townreading" him solely because of those posts, but you cannot deny that you called them townposts or else saying that you "felt better about him as a result" is just you spouting nonsense. I asked you to link me to a Bulbazoor game if you felt that it would convince me he was town....you proceeded to link me to a game rather than tell me "When a usually prolific poster is very quiet it concerns me. When he starts posting again I feel better about it." which would have explained your reaction to his post in a reasonable manner. Instead, you take me up on my assumption that you are reading him on meta by linking me a game of his. That doesn't really correlate with what you are now saying about those posts...which is that he's mostly null apparently but the activity from him was a good sign.

Now....I might not care if that was all there is to this, but its not. You then go on to try and flip this on me as if I should expect any reason anybody ever has to townread someone to be legitimate which is really thinly veiled nonsense and you know it. Basically you are saying that I should expect it to be totally legitimate of you to townread someone for doing nothing but prod-dodging every 3 days, for example and I should have no problem with that because of something I've said. That is an extreme example, but it still shows how absurd your part in this discussion of Bulb has been.

In summary:

Bulbazoor posts some awkward Beetlejuice and OMGUS. Persivul says he feels better about Bulb, in an evidently extremely poor expression of his thoughts. I misinterpret that as him townreading bulbazoor when he isn't and ask him to show me what hes seeing since it looks like hes reading Bulbazoor on meta. Persivul, instead of clarifying that he is NOT reading Bulb on meta, just making an off-hand comment about liking activity from him, links me to a town game and implies that the game should show some indication that Bulb is town here. Otherwise, why link the game? I didn't demand it, I said "if you think it'll convince me". Apparently Persivul isn't convinced himself and should have brought that up rather than being poor at communicating his thoughts then discrediting me afterwards.

TL;DR: Persivul is scum.

This wall post brought to you by AP.
AngryPidgeon and TellTaleHeart

Imagination, of course, can open any door - turn the key
and let terror walk right in.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:47 am

Post by elusive »

Banana Frog, KC always mentions tough personal stuff in her games and I'm inured to it by now because see Apocalpyse. Once you mix RL mentions with being scum, its like the boy who cried wolf - its funny to see him get eaten.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:51 am

Post by elusive »

In post 309, Persivul wrote:
In post 308, Bulbazoor wrote:Perse is being pressured.

Fuck you too. The last time I led a D1 lynch on you you flipped town PR. So now I'm wary of that and I'm taking shit for it.

This is kind of what is tripping me up about Bulby. I hate leading lynches on town even if they do stuff that is anti-town and make it seem inevitable.
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:53 am

Post by Banana Frog »

ok, and real life stuff doesn't affect a person's role pm, but you can choose to attack them on in game actions instead. real life stuff is null. On my main i have in my sig that lifesuck isn't indicative of alignment and I mean that. It doesn't mean I'm town or scum since most of what I have going on predates my role PMs. It just means i've got stuff going on that affects how I interact with people and makes me a little more likely to misread certain kinds of things but I'm still ultimately responsible for how I play in a game.

I think townreading someone solely based on personal stuff is all kinds of slimy, just as slimy as attacking them on it is. It's null.

--Plotinus
Hydra of Fro99er (proper capitaliZation, US spelling, conciser, sometimes doesn't sign name) and Plotinus (intermittent use of capitaliSation, UK spelling, verboser, always signs name)
We will supply pictures of frogs and or banana slugs for anyone who is feeling sad <3
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:54 am

Post by Muffin »

In post 153, The Blue Blur wrote:
PV is definatly scum. I'm 99% sure on that one.
Hi Salamence, can we talk about this pls

why is PV scum
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:55 am

Post by elusive »

Will collect the questions responses (thanks Triforce for being brave, babe) in spoilers once there are more.

Plotinus, no one has attacked anyone on RL stuff yet. However, in the case someone brings up RL stuff esp. when they are scum in a game to use as a shield guess what - I'mma roll my eyes and be like "Oh boo hoo, save it for the thread on this site called "Boo Hoo." Wait, there isn't one? I'm surprised. You should make one."
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:56 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 328, Quoth The Pidgeon wrote:Apparently Persivul isn't convinced himself and should have brought that up rather than being poor at communicating his thoughts then discrediting me afterwards.

Guess what - I was tired when I was posting last night, and last time I played with Bulb, I led a D1 lynch on him, only for him to flip town PR. I didn't say that because it refers to an ongoing game, but I don't give a shit anymore. Bulb is difficult to read, he gets lynched a lot on D1, and I feel bad for him. I'm hoping he survives to D2. Excuse me for being a decent person and rooting for him, even though I haven't determined his alignment yet.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:58 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Hey, if I am scummy do lynch me. I do not play by pity but bymskill.
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:59 am

Post by Banana Frog »

Town:

mastin2
The Blue Blur
Quoth The Pidgeon
MaxwellPuckett

maybe town:
Drizzx
elusive
klingoncelt

maaaaaabe lost newbtown or maybe i’m a softy for newbs:
LittleGumball
Gratuitous

idek:
Oversoul
Muffin
persivul
TriforceP

lurksacks:
Prolapsed Brain
Riku <— has only posted once
Grib
The Goat <— hasn’t even posted in the game yet

maybe scum:
Bulbazoor
Atum
PeregrineV

list of people with less posts than the mod:
maxwellPuckett, peregrinev, muffin, littlegumball, klingoncelt, atum, prolapsed brain, grib, gratuitous, riku, the goat
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:00 am

Post by Banana Frog »

(if preview edit had happened i might habe bumped bulbazoor up into idek for that last post)

--Plotinus still
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:00 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 260, elusive wrote:I'd need to see more from Atum but he's got a clear town to scum meta. His RQS was also maybe in part an inside thing? I used to, on anotehr site, always do RQS that were fluff like "What's your fave color" or "If you could be an animal, which would you be?"

I'd put Klingon lower and Bulbazoar higher.

I think I've played at least once with most people on the list as this or the alt except for Maxwell, Riku, Triforce, Gumball, Muffin and the Goat.

So here's elusive's RQS, answer them if you're town and like to be cooperative. Don't answer them if you're one of those special snowflake types that have mush instead of a spine.

DEAR TOWN 1. Who have you played with before on from the player list? 2. Choose one player and describe their town vs. scum meta. 3. Link to your most recent finished town game and scum game (can be offsite but preferable on MS) 4. What is your fave scum hunting tool? 5. Pick a color for your soul. 6. Which player do you want to ask a question of? Ask them that question. Thank you my lovely dear darlings, <3

Oh and scum don't bother answering, I see through scum answers for what they are. ;)

As long as you realize this is not the same as Atum's.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Quoth The Pidgeon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:01 am

In post 311, Muffin wrote:Why would being a mean girl make her town? That makes no sense.

Also, fuck you. Town reading someone is not white knighting.

I'm not TTH, but I will answer here.

She clearly dislikes your lack of explanation around your elusive read. Why are you townreading her so? TTH suspects that her abrasive nature might be getting her townread from you (and in general). I too find it annoying when people point to a particular neutral thing that people do as either alignment and call them town for it. Its happened quite a bit and that isn't necessarily what you are doing but....you should explain your read on elusive rather than just flinging mud at the people voting her like you did.

Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:03 am

Post by Banana Frog »

In post 256, Klingoncelt wrote:I disagree with some of the reads but R/L has me right now so I can't pick it all apart.

this reads more like "i'm busy, i'll get to this later" than "waah pity me", elusive. I really don't know where you're getting that crying wolf interpretation from.

In post 257, elusive wrote:KC, you seem to be incapable of a simple act of reading or following the thread.

and this reads like "how dare you be busy you should be participating right now".

--Plotinus
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:05 am

Post by Banana Frog »

like if she's still prodging towards the end of the dayphase then sure, fine. i just don't see a problem with giving someone a little bit of the benefit of the doubt if they say they'll get to it then give them a chance to get to it. if they never get to it then yeah lynch em.

--Plotinus
Quoth The Pidgeon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:05 am

I'm ok with calling Plotinus town right now. Same for muffin. These reads aren't as strong for me as ZZZX and mastin, but are still reasonably strong.

elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:06 am

Post by elusive »

Quoth the Pidgeon just upped their scum factor. So are you arguing that poor communication skills or lack of clarity is a scum trait?

I know exactly what Persivul is talking about, and that is an accurate description of Bulby's foot in mouth problem. Is it possible he's scum? It's possible. Can anyone especially a pidgeon who's yapping all over the place determine that within this short time period? No.

What I want to know is why aren't you pressuring Bulbazoar? Do you think he's scum? Why would a scum Persivul defend a town Bulby? So do clarify your thought process here, Pidgeon.

Persivul, "I'm being a decent person" is the kind of thing that deserves to be shot. Be a decent person in RL, this is a game and good cops don't get anywhere till they learn how to break a few bones. As for Atum, he needs to post more.

Grib, Atum and I have a thing I think where we can read each other pretty well and actually feel guilty about lying to each other due to history so at some point Atum will be grilled till he bleeds or watevs, he can be spacey. Grib's already lean town.

Anything else?

Plotinus, WTF DUDE. DON"T TELL ME WHAT I MEANT TO SAY> IF I WANT TO CALL SOMEONE A FROOT LOOP DINGUS I"LL KNOW I MEANT IT> OKAY> YOU DONT TELL ME WHAT I MEANT.

Like are you high or something? KC accused me of having fake rage because I wasn't even wagoned and no my rage was legit at an effing mod pm warning me about language so yeah MYOB.

Plotinus trying to hard defend KC. Okay. Note it down.
Quoth The Pidgeon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:07 am

In post 326, elusive wrote:As scum he (echoing the words of Farside) "Waves his d around" which right now is on part for the course.

I'm pretty sure that Salamence always does this regardless.

elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:09 am

Post by elusive »

Can you point to a town game where he just aggros it up and doesn't provide logical read? Because the town game I looked at vs the two scum games, he's calmer and more rationale as town and as scum he tried to be all drama with reads that don't have any supports.
Quoth The Pidgeon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:09 am

In post 343, elusive wrote:Quoth the Pidgeon just upped their scum factor. So are you arguing that poor communication skills or lack of clarity is a scum trait?

No, I'm saying that hes just scum and trying to damage control his inconsistencies by throwing obvious bullshit at me.

elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:10 am

Post by elusive »

I've only seen town Persivul, lol and lurker Persivul so I'd need to meta a bit more. He's not that good at faking it from what I can tell. Him and Farside's love story is amusing tho.
Quoth The Pidgeon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:10 am

Plotinus why are you townreading Klingon? I was actually just thinking that I would be 100% ok with quicklyncing that slot and not looking back.

And not out of policy or anything although what she did in that one NY game was pretty egregious.

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:13 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 343, elusive wrote:Persivul, "I'm being a decent person" is the kind of thing that deserves to be shot. Be a decent person in RL, this is a game and good cops don't get anywhere till they learn how to break a few bones. As for Atum, he needs to post more.

FWIW, I played mafia on a non-mafia site and was good at it, but hated lying to people who I already knew. It affected me in RL. A person there suggested I come here, and it wasn't a problem as I didn't know any of you. As I'm getting to know people, it may be becoming a problem again. I may need to back way down and just play sporadic games where I don't know most of the people.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”