NY 188: Delicious Mafia II (Post-game chatter)

Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:59 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1862, Kop wrote:
In post 1746, Fro99er wrote:
In post 1739, Spiffeh wrote:Then he can be vig'd or something. I am more confident in lynching someone who has been posting like scum than a lurker for now. So please tell me how you feel about Kop.

I'm cool for a wagon on Boon to get him talking but I don't want Kop to go away as an option for lynch today.

I'm on my phone so I can't state everything on Kop rn.

I'm not lynching boon for activity. I'm lynching him for scummy play. Kip is voting boo, so unless multiball or bussing, that alone makes me feel good about Kop but I need to look further.

So your feeling confident in your thoughts that this is multiball? How do you know this for sure? This here, is pure guess work with no fabrication, or indications to back this point up, other than 'he feels good'.

And bussing? If I was scum, I'd not need to bus anybody, I could have simply carried on the way I went on before I put my two pennith on Fox, but I am not scum, so why should I hide?

I was trying to respond to this when the thread locked :P

I never said I feel confident this is multiball. I have no idea. My point was in regards to your vote on Boon:

1) If it's single ball, then I feel a bit more town on you for your vote on Boon, because I believe Boon is scum and I do not believe you are bussing Boon if its single ball format.
2) If it's multi-ball, then I cannot feel as good about you being town, because it's possible you are scum who is scum-reading someone from the other team.

Overall, I've waffled on how I feel about you, as described earlier to Spiffeh. Specifically in regards to your vote on Boon, my points 1 and 2 describe how I feel.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:18 am

Post by Nosferatu »

@Gray, its not the crutch of his argument. If you discard the meta portion, there's still enough for a lynch.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:35 am

Post by redFF »

wow why is everyone getting so god damn angry lmao
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:37 am

Post by redFF »

In post 1871, Nosferatu wrote:Wasn't even a good shit storm lol.

tbh
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by Lapsa »

almost forgot...

UNVOTE: confscum SolverWolfie

random reads:

not really fan of lynching Bake neither TSO.
I like magical annacat but this one leaves me guessing:
In post 1365, Ozgin wrote:"I don't wanna let everyone know my thoughts, just a select few and only at night so if I do something stupid and get scumread for it, I can have time to talk it out/do something about the people scumreading me!"

Toa6er has become uncanningly unjumpy lately. lost on CreedBringer.
and a bunch of happy lurkers (Ika, you are my hero)

~ viable lynch pool:

SwampCat, Boonskiies, Kop, GrayFoxxxx

VOTE: GrayFoxxxx
abcedminded
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Meh, maybe TSO is right and gray is just mafia.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1876, goodmorning wrote:In other news, wtf is this game even? RL sucks rn and I can't even escape into this because it sucks tooooooo

It's you.
You are the suck.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

@mod: VC pls.
last.fm
gtkas
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by Lapsa »

In post 1905, Shinobi wrote:Meh, maybe TSO is right and gray is just mafia.

Shinobi vote gray with me.
abcedminded
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Yeah I'm ultimately fine with a Grayfox lynch I just think there are scummier players.

Seems like the consensus will be Gray though.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 1909, Spiffeh wrote:Yeah I'm ultimately fine with a Grayfox lynch I just think there are scummier players.

Seems like the consensus will be Gray though.

And should Grayfoxxxx flip Town I'll be gunning for TSO far harder than I ever have before, with good reason.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:52 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 1873, Nosferatu wrote:I also want to mention gray had a low post count before he was pushed, it should be obvious that he has to post more in response, which fixes the meta argument.

No, it doesn't. TSO quoted one game of his where he was Scum. He only made five posts and then replaced out. There's no way that's enough to even use it as an effective meta-based Scumread of him here. We don't even know why he replaced out, and why he could only post five times. If there are other Scum games of his here that might change things, but trying to use those five posts from there, here, is lame.

In post 1874, Nosferatu wrote:@wake you haven't spoken about the problems I found in your conspiracy theory, wanna talk about it?

Please point them out again.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Wake how will you feel about TSO if Gray flips scum?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1908, Lapsa wrote:
In post 1905, Shinobi wrote:Meh, maybe TSO is right and gray is just mafia.

Shinobi vote gray with me.

I'm intending to but I'll withhold until he delivers the content he promised later tonight.
I'll be around until then.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 1883, T S O wrote:
The Gray Case

Votes:
I'm getting tired of repeating this point, but it's worth saying - Gray shamelessly votes anyone who has a chance of getting lynched.

Votes red here, finally justifies it over 1500 posts later here by saying it "wasn't serious". To anyone who thinks this is a legitimate response - it's not. It really, really is not. It is the Mafia equivalent of filling space with empty words. When Gray voted red, he was legitimately in danger of being speedlynched by Sala. He knew exactly what he was doing when he placed it. He wanted the day over as soon as possible - his actions blatantly contradict his words.

Votes me here, and gives his reason here. To paraphrase that reasoning: "I was sheeping SilverWolf". We never hear why he was sheeping SilverWolf, why he felt her reasoning was good, what he liked about it - nothing. He never gives any evidence to verify his claims.A more trusting person might believe him. I'm of the opinion that this was a lie. There's no way to conclusively prove this, but seeing that he's done the exact same thing five times, I find it incredibly hard to believe.

Votes Wake here, with reasoning here. "I was sheeping Sala" - yet again we see a bullshit excuse for his vote. We never hear WHY he was sheeping Sala, what part of Sala's case swayed him, nor anything whatsoever. Just that he was sheeping. It's lies. And the worst thing about it is that he constantly attempts to glaze over it like it's nothing.

Votes Ozgin here, we've been through this before. It's him voting anyone he can under the guise of sheeping. Although here we are told that it is no longer a sheep vote! That, for the first time, Gray has actually used his own brain to vote someone! But, as you may have guessed, we never find out what changed his mind. That would be a bridge too far. So, essentially, this is a carbon copy of his other bullshit votes.

Votes Anna here. As time moves on, Gray gets more and more nonchalant about his scummy behaviour. By now, he doesn't even have to pretend he's sheeping any more - he literally just puts the vote down and leaves. This isn't town, okay? This isn't bad townplay. This is arrogant scum who knows that he's not going to be punished for playing anti-town, so happily does it. He actually lacks so much respect for us, the town, as a cohesive unit, that he makes blatantly scum plays, without any justification, KNOWING that he won't be punished for it. It's literally the most disrespectful thing a scumfuck can do.

Claim:
Early in the game, under no pressure, Gray claimed VT. This is a terrible play, but that's not scummy in itself. The problem is the fact that he had no reason to do it as town. As town, claiming VT d1 makes scum more likely to hit a PR at night because they now know that you aren't one. As scum, on the other hand, it's an extremely advantageous play. It means that, if the game is multiball, you're less likely to be shot. It makes town PR's less willing to use their night action on you. And it allows you to complain that you shouldn't be lynched because you're just a VT. Has Gray ever offered an explanation for why he did it? Yes, but it's fucking terrible. Apparently, he claimed because he wanted to mix it up. Again, this is a blatant lie. "I wanted to mix it up" is a sentence which means nothing. The benefits of claiming VT as town are almost none. The benefits of claiming it as scum are extremely high. I'll let you decide which alignment is more likely to claim it so early with so little need.

Meta:
I want to preface this by saying that I am aware that both Gray and Wake will fixate on this and this alone. Speaking to everyone else: even without the inclusion of meta in this case, Gray's alignment is patently obvious. If you haven't read the two parts above, you really should.

I played on a scumteam with Gray briefly in a game that ended in January, the Masquerade (which I won!) Gray made 5 posts out of 1240, less than 0.5% of the total postcount, before replacing out. However, Gray did not come under any pressure that game, and did not once have to defend himself. In this game, Gray made 56 out of 1240, which is significantly more. However, Gray has endured significant pressure this game. I can't count how many times I alone have called him scum, not including people like Ozgin who are also doing the same. Because he has had to defend himself more, his postcount is naturally higher. 38 out of his 56 posts are responding to pressure on him by me or Ozgin, or arguing that his meta doesn't make him scum. If you remove those, then his postcount would be 18 out of 1240. It's higher than 5 out of 1240, but it's still incredibly low - less than 1.5% of the total postcount. It remains the postcount of a lurker. My argument is that Gray has not been able to lurk like he did as scum the last time because of the pressure on him forcing him to respond or be lynched.

General play:
I am not sure Gray has offered a single opinion of his own this game. He scumreads anyone who is being voted or who calls him scum. He townreads people who call him town. Getting in Gray's townreads is really as simple as this. If he is town, then this indicates an almost mind-boggling level of incompetence, an incredible mix of naivete and lack of paranoia fusing to create the worst town player ever. I don't buy that image. Too scummy to be scum is something that doesn't apply when the scumminess is as calculated as this is. Gray's scum.

Ohhhh boy. If he flips Town, I am
so
gunning for you while tearing this all apart.

I find it rather funny. You try to dump suspicion on him for voting on wagons while not providing much reasoning, but then you completely ignore how so many other players have done almost the same thing this game. In spite of your words here, I bet if I asked you about Boonskiies' naked vote on GF, with
no
content, you'd be absolutely fine with that. If Gray is Town, I'll essentially start beating the teeth in of your arguments, because everything would have been absolutely fucking wrong, and I can guarantee in this game you
will
get burnt over it. Same for those that would have gullibly fallen for your lies.

You target him for lurking, weak votes, and incompetence, but then you ignore players here like texcat, ika, boonskiies, and others.

His alignment is
not
obvious. Those who lap that up without critical thought are fooling themselves. If you are wrong, I will start to pressure you.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 1912, Spiffeh wrote:Wake how will you feel about TSO if Gray flips scum?

Then he'll be Scum. However, we don't know yet if this is singleball or not.

I don't think he's Scum; I think he's weak Town being railroaded by experienced Scum.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 1691, Wake1 wrote:
Texcat

———•
Where exactly do you stand on TSO's alignment?
Hoping/leaning town. I can't imagine scum being so forceful/adamant/insistent. I may just be naive.

———•
Where exactly do you stand on Silverwolf's alignment?
Very slight town lean, but mostly null/wait and see.

———•
Where exactly do you stand on Shinobi's alignment?
Mostly town lean.

———•
Why have you contributed so little?
*shrug* Why do you have so many posts that say the same thing over and over again?

———•
TSO's Masquerade link to try and paint GF as Scum. What do you think of it?
I don't read old games.

———•
Why
did you switch to Ozgin?* You never explained why, and then you quickly unvoted 20 posts later.
This all made sense if you had read those posts in context. I voted Oz because of his floundering around with contradictory reads on Red and TSO, and unvoted because of the claim.

———•
Salamence is no longer here. Where are you in this game? Where do you stand? Anything you want to share?
It's still Day ONE. I voted Salamence for wanting to quick lynch someone, anyone without discussion. But I'm beginning to see his point. I think we've discussed and debated and flamed enough. Time to lynch.

———•
Which three players do you feel most are trying to avoid suspicion?
Everyone should be trying to avoid suspicion. Town should be trying to avoid suspicion to avoid being mis-lynched. Scum should be trying to avoid suspicion to avoid being rightfully lynched. I'm not sure what you are asking here. Are you asking who I think is successfully avoiding suspicion? Are you asking who is trying the hardest? Are you asking who is trying but failing to avoid suspicion? And what is this supposed to tell me about who is scum?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Texcat who are your top 3 scumreads then?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1583, Nosferatu wrote:@wake you say shinobi distracted from the discussion with an Ozgin vote, but it clearly states that he hadn't caught up yet. So why are you suspicious of shinobi?

In post 1594, Nosferatu wrote:@Wake, so far a lot of observations in your wall just show that you lack a sense of humor, a good portion of TSO's posts in that interaction are jokes, and you seem to take them seriously. Your initial observation of Shinobi is not really accurate too.

In post 1595, Nosferatu wrote:you also use the word cajole, but cajole implies the use of flattery, which I see none of.

In post 1599, Nosferatu wrote:and the phrase "its rude to answer a question with a question" doesn't mean "I don't want to answer your questions at all" it means "answer mine first". This should be obvious.
last.fm
gtkas
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Do we just blame everyone else for being wrong if/when we lynch town?
Doesn't seem like a wise decision but okay.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

Earlier post is aimed at wake's 1396
last.fm
gtkas
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:10 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 1919, Shinobi wrote:Do we just blame everyone else for being wrong if/when we lynch town?
Doesn't seem like a wise decision but okay.

When it comes to being so adamant and naive in the face of someone saying 'hey, wait a minute,' then yeah.

Ignorance and stubbornness, once it crosses the line, gets you burnt. There comes a time when
no more excuses
— House*
— Nosferatu*
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Wake-get off your high horse.

I'm going to go check the votes on Gray.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:16 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

VOTE: GrayFoxxxx

This puts him at L-4.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Ozgin
Ozgin
Goon
Ozgin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:25 pm

Post by Ozgin »

Oh are we doing this again? And not ripping each others' throats out?

Wonderful. VOTE: GrayFoxxxx

I think that TSO's case on him is decent enough, and with 4 days left and no other mainstream wagons AND without running anyone else up to a claim, this is good.

L-3 for the Fox, btw.
If I'm modding your game, I'm sorry in advance. <3

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”