St Constantine the Hermit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by St Constantine the Hermit »

Drixx never guessed it was a fakeclaim. He originally thought the reason I lived was because I was bulletproof.
Show
Aye, let old constantine spin ye a tale...

Book of Constantine (Protestant) 214: 112 - God hates you
Book of Constantine (Catholic) 214:112 - God doesn't like you
Book of Constantine (Orthodox) 214:112 - God tolerates you
TriforceP
TriforceP
Goon
TriforceP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by TriforceP »

Actually, he mentioned both theories... interesting...
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by pisskop »

w.e. I asked titus to clarify what happens if psycho was rbed on N1.

My summation is theyll remain compulsive.

why is it interesting? Songer is still a solid lynch choice
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:44 pm

You would win more people over on a singer wagon if you lynch Graticious first.
Show

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by singersigner »

...why? You haven't even given opinions on either of us but you're content following the crowd?

I noticed you haven't commented on my Drizzx points, either. Why not?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1967, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:
In post 1964, The Blue Blur wrote:Quoting your PT is also mod-Killable!!!!!

I doubt it. People can just wifom the hell out of it.

If it is though, then my apologies.

I've successfully got a lynch on a player that quoted a pt as scum before
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

To clarify, I was scum in that scenario
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:12 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1997, Quoth The Pidgeon wrote:Fuck I just lost my phone post.

TtH and I were also jailed last night. Whoever did it said nothing in the QT. Therefore drizzt is town .. Probably. I need to read the setup wiki. Constantine is town too imo and that whole debate looks asinine.

+1

Also bickering over the contents of a pt makes the game heavily scum-sided
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:13 pm

You haven't even given opinions on either of us but you're content following the crowd?

Graticious has a better chance of being scum. My speculation on Drizzx is all regarding his role and his actions last night, and no one wants to tread in that territory atm.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:14 pm

Two town neighborizing jailkeepers? Yeah right!
Show

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Post by singersigner »

Flubber what were you trying to do with that anecdotal evidence? Could you at least read the last couple of pages and comment on literally anything I've said?

I like tomatoes.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 2062, TriforceP wrote:Correction: he is YOUR top priority scum read. Obviously they aren't everyone's.

My top priority
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

I'm catching up calm yourself my friend
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:21 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 2109, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:Two town neighborizing jailkeepers? Yeah right!

HERMIT READ THE GAWDDAMN THREAD. That's why I think it was bullshit that they were soliciting being JKed or whatever at the beginning because it was like they knew that there could be the town version of their role in the game and wanted to draw it out.

I'm fucking tired of repeating myself for people who are selectively reading. Pisskop is the only one who bothered to even humor me, and guess what! He came to the same conclusion! It's like I actually know what I'm talking about or something. :roll:

I like tomatoes.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 2078, singersigner wrote:
In post 2072, Flubbernugget wrote:Page 79

VOTE: honey bee hope I hammered

Your contributions to this game are much appreciated.

Oh wait.

Let's bypass an entire conversation about how someone would like to engage the town and hope the discussion ends as soon as possible instead! \o/

TBB was right. They know exactly how fucked the town is because of posts like this. Geezus fuck, guys...

The current conversation is bad. I'll get to this in a moment
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 2112, Flubbernugget wrote:I'm catching up calm yourself my friend

I'm sorry I just get excited when I can actually convince people to see what I see. I've been right so often lately but it feels like either I have to take care of it myself with a vig or die first and watch town fall apart not listening to me. I just can't seem to successfully articulate what I see in a convincing manner despite that and i feel like pulling rank is just...cocky. :?

Plus last time I saw someone do that they promised if they were wrong they'd shut up (but didn't) and they ended up being scum anyway. It's not a really constructive way to play a team game, IMO.

I like tomatoes.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:48 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Okay I'm not 100% what's going on between Constantine and drixx but nothing here has confirmed a guilty so I have no idea what kind of reads people are forming from it. There shouldn't be any more Posts on the subject unless someone knows a way to confirm one of these two as an alignment tomorrow.

I can't remember the number of the micro I'm bringing up, but the anecdote itself is not important. The why behind it is. I think it would fallaciously strengthen my argument to summarize the game so I will get a link to it after this post. I would ask for singer (and anyone else willing) to read the pt I was in with fresh and then read the last day of the game. Here are the important phenomena of the game that I think apply to this:

1) Think about a time you've "caught" scum. You were 100‰ sure they scum slipped and you have the case bag a scum and bring the glory to your name. Think about the excitement and pride you felt. Before your scum read even flipped. That emotion gets transferred into the thread, and holy shit is your scum read going to react. If you caught scum, they're going to rage as hard as they can at you to fight for survival. If you caught town, they're going to rage as hard as they can at you because you probably did something stupid. Well if you did something stupid in a pt nobody can see, differentiating between the two would be next to impossible for outside observers

2) People best understand what they see in real time from their own perspective. Arguments exist because seeing someone else's perspective is difficult. If this difficulty exists trying to project onto one perspective, it's even harder to project onto two perspectives, and then try to decide which one is most logically consistent. This is exactly what town has to do between dirzzzx and Constantine right now

3) fuck wall posts
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

That's either the greatest or most embarrassing post I will ever make on Mafiascum
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:50 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Don't do drugs
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

TriforceP
TriforceP
Goon
TriforceP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by TriforceP »

In post 2111, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 2062, TriforceP wrote:Correction: he is YOUR top priority scum read. Obviously they aren't everyone's.

My top priority

Understood. Obviously, looking at were my vote is, he's mine too. It was bad wording. My point is that he isn't the top priority of everyone, hence the votes elsewhere. Back to your "seeing things from other perspectives is hard" thing.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Help me make him everyone's top priority

Ive put in my reasoning that the current discussion between Constantine and drixxz is bad
Drizzx
Drizzx
Townie
Drizzx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by Drizzx »

Seriously folks. Stop behaving as if you are way less intelligent than you are. ISO this hydra and you will see the following things:

1.) My explanation for why I viewed being compelled to kill whomever we chose on night 1 to be negative utility. It's clearly and obviously true that most players are going to have a hard to picking out for sure scum on day one, short of an obvious scum slip (in which case that person gets lynched, yeah?). As soon as I read the role PM, I concluded that the role was great (I can jailkeep and neighborize someone every night, protecting them from kills in the process? That's aweomse.) ... until I read the Itchy Trigger Finger part where it said I would be compelled to kill my target on night one. Ergo, I asked for someone to block me, because if I did not use the kill on day one, it became a single shot vig usage at my will, and something I could use to get people to talk in the neighborhood.

1a.) My shot was somehow blocked, and is expended, unless I seriously misunderstand the mod's explanation.

2.) Hermit has been and continues to mischaracterize our chat. I told him plainly in the QT that I thought he was bluffing about BP but that I was
certainly
not bluffing about the incoming kill. The last post in the QT is the mod confirming that the kill was attempted.

3.) I paraphrased every post in the QT, easily found in the ISO. Despite Constantine's bullshit, there was never any inconsistency from me. I thought we were going to kill him, and I figured if he was town he would realize I was being honest with him and he would do an info dump. Instead he accused me of fishing for information and said nothing, and then so far this day has come after me a few times with bullshit and outright lies.

4.) I finally got access to my hydra PT with ZZZX today, and much to my dismay I see that he asked me to rescind my request for someone to block us, because he felt certain his choice for whom to jailkeep and compulsively execute was scum. He asked me to trust his gut. Given Constantine's behavior today and his attempts to misrepresent the QT over and over, even after I posted a full paraphrase of all posts in said QT (none of which he has ever disputed), I'm inclined to believe perhaps ZZZX was on to something, so whomever intervened and kept us from killing Constantine ... you may have saved scum ... but I can't really complain since I asked for someone to do it in hopes of retaining the single kill shot to use at our discretion.

So really ... how on earth, with so few posts from this hydra, are people so confused about things? Either you guys aren't reading or some of you have an agenda to misrepresent me. Misrepresenting me, especially when I'm town, is a really bad idea. It will lead to me spamming the threads with walls of text pointing out the misrepresentation and clarifying for people who might be swayed by catching your bullshit and be too lazy to go check and see if it is or isn't actually an accurate representation of something I said. Nobody wants me putting up walls all day ... so please take the time to read our short ISO before you go speculating on bullshit misinformation and innuendo started by Constantine and furthered by SS (the little mermaid avatar ... I always spell her name wrong).

Love, and kisses (with sadness),
Drixx
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

If you got roleblocked, how did you jailkeep him?
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Drizzx
Drizzx
Townie
Drizzx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by Drizzx »

In post 2123, Metal Sonic wrote:If you got roleblocked, how did you jailkeep him?

I don't believe he was saved by someone role blocking me. I think the intervention had to come in the form of a doc save or Constantine is simply lying. The Jail happened (the QT title referred to it as Jail), the neighborize happened (we had the chat). We were allowed to remain anonymous, as our role PM stated. Our role worked in every way, including attempting to kill the target compulsively without our input.

The wiki outlining all the possible roles for this game is staggeringly complex. There are a pretty large number of abilities that might be in play and that which could have done it.

Whomever it was who saved Constantine ... we may be happy about that later if he starts playing with anything resembling critical thinking skills and trying to advance the town win con. That person may also be irritated at themselves later if he flips scum (I see very little town motivation for intentional misrepresentation and lies about me and our chat during the night).

Also, to whomever noted the "dissonance" or whatever between ZZZX and I ... you couldn't be farther from the truth.

1.) I had two major issues come up during day one, so almost ALL of the posting in day one is from ZZZX. I didn't get into our hydra PT until Sunday morning US time (yesterday in a few minutes), so there was no disagreements between us ... we simply weren't coordinating.

1a.) I'm in the process of having my teeth removed 1/4 of an arch at a time (1/8 of total teeth at a time) and implant screws anchored into my jaw. There's a very long explanation but the short one is that I have a Spinal Cord Injury, and I am one of a small subset of people with that type of injury where the injury triggers the body to leech calcium from the teeth because the leg bones don't bear weight, which causes teeth to essentially super rapidly age, no matter how fastidious one might be with oral hygiene (and I'm a health freak because the injury happened when I was a child and living healthy is the only logical plan to try and offset what that will do to my lifespan). So anyway, I lost one kidney almost a decade ago because of a large kidney stone that killed the kidney slowly without any pain, and the teeth are coming out so full implants can go in and the kidney stones a couple times a year can stop. One set of extractions and screw implants happened during day phase one.

1b.) My grandfather had a heart attack, and the follow up tests and evaluation showed a prior massive heart attack had occurred which had killed 35% of his heart muscle. While trying to put in stents, they found every major artery of his heart was 90% or more blocked and so he needed multiple bypass, but refused to consent.

1c.) I defend my dissertation this coming Saturday and was doing final preparation for that.

2.) There wasn't much at all out of either of us because as far as I'm aware, ZZZX has had some real life issues cause a V/LA. Bottom line is that you shouldn't assume anything is wrong when there is a much more simple explanation.

And finally ... I'm not going to be super active, except for in bursts, because:

1.) My grandfather died Saturday morning, and while it was expected it still hit me hard and I'm spending a lot of time alone and away from technology dealing with it.
2.) I've got the dissertation defense, start of semester department meetings, finalization of my class outlines and syllabi, and then a memorial all to do during this day phase (assuming it goes near max length).

So ... I'll try and keep up, but my responses will come when I have a few minutes and feel up to it. I will respond to whomever is watching and interacting with me as I post (as part of this post responds to Metal Sonic's #2123), and I'll try and answer any questions directed at me ... but don't expect me to be hyperactive or hyper responsive.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”