Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:39 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 2499, popsofctown wrote:
In post 2497, chamber wrote:
In post 2495, popsofctown wrote:
In post 2493, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 2491, popsofctown wrote:It's what happens when you design a game with 2-3 nontrivial decisions per 30 minute match.

uh what are you playing that is taking 30 minutes

I play very average game length decks like Mechmage and Secretadin. I'm just awful at making time estimates. I stand corrected here.

Those decks, especially mechmage, have almost no decisions and just count on cancer draws. Don't complain about lack of decision points if thats what you are playing?

If I could play control warrior and force my opponent to control warrior ditto me, I would. But if I play control Warrior or Patron warrior and may opponent shows up with Facehunter and Mechmage, then it feels like I'm playing solitaire, and then after I'm done with solitaire we both get a match result off of it. Still doesn't feel good.

Have you met your new favorite deck, Non-Demon Handlock? Decisions every turn, even against aggro! Reacting carefully to the board!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:23 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I mean I also kinda feel like Mech Mage is more difficult to pilot than he's giving it credit for but meh
green shirt thursdays
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:31 am

Post by Glork »

In post 2500, theelkspeaks wrote:
In post 2499, popsofctown wrote:
In post 2497, chamber wrote:
In post 2495, popsofctown wrote:
In post 2493, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 2491, popsofctown wrote:It's what happens when you design a game with 2-3 nontrivial decisions per 30 minute match.

uh what are you playing that is taking 30 minutes

I play very average game length decks like Mechmage and Secretadin. I'm just awful at making time estimates. I stand corrected here.

Those decks, especially mechmage, have almost no decisions and just count on cancer draws. Don't complain about lack of decision points if thats what you are playing?

If I could play control warrior and force my opponent to control warrior ditto me, I would. But if I play control Warrior or Patron warrior and may opponent shows up with Facehunter and Mechmage, then it feels like I'm playing solitaire, and then after I'm done with solitaire we both get a match result off of it. Still doesn't feel good.

Have you met your new favorite deck, Non-Demon Handlock? Decisions every turn, even against aggro! Reacting carefully to the board!

His point is that even if he is playing a deck that requires decision making on every turn, if his opponent is playing a no-decision deck it feels like he's playing by himself
Edit: which is something I kind of agree with. Playing vs face hunter is like playing a solitaire game, no matter what deck I'm playing. yes I have to make decisions but they're against a random pile of cards, it's as if there isn't an opponent just a set of rules that dictates the game state.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah playing handlock doesn't make my opponent have to make any decisions. The only kind of deck that can force your opponent's deck to become skill intensive is like, Spellslinger? But you can only run up to two Spellslingers.

I play Mechmage way more than Secretadin because Secretadin is definitely the more brainless of the two.

Arena is my favorite mode because my opponent is, in fact, forced to play decks that are at least more difficult to play than facehunter, and arguably more difficult to play optimally than a whole lot of other high tier constructed decks. Unfortunately they are not fleshing out Arena into a really good mode of play because they are monetizing it in a way that doesn't encourage them to expand it, right now.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:40 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I think my problem with the game is that I love control decks, and dislike aggro decks. Dragon Priest is about as close to a non-control deck as I play. But then I come up against Eboladin, Secretdin, and Face Hunter all the time, and either they have the cancer draw and I lose, or they don't and I win, and it feels like whatever I'm doing is irrelevant.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:03 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 2503, popsofctown wrote:Yeah playing handlock doesn't make my opponent have to make any decisions. The only kind of deck that can force your opponent's deck to become skill intensive is like, Spellslinger? But you can only run up to two Spellslingers.

I play Mechmage way more than Secretadin because Secretadin is definitely the more brainless of the two.

Arena is my favorite mode because my opponent is, in fact, forced to play decks that are at least more difficult to play than facehunter, and arguably more difficult to play optimally than a whole lot of other high tier constructed decks. Unfortunately they are not fleshing out Arena into a really good mode of play because they are monetizing it in a way that doesn't encourage them to expand it, right now.

Decks with taunts and heals to some extent give your opponent nontrivial decisions about how to cash in their minions, removal, and burn. I used to think similarly to what you're saying about the aggro decks, but then I played them for a while and realized that certain creatures are worth removing while others aren't and found it more skill-intensive than I thought (and I'm even talking about Face Hunter levels of Aggro). I still tend to prefer playing more control decks though, as nothing says fun to me like asking the implicit question "Yeah, you have a nice deck, but how are you ever going to kill me?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:40 am

Post by popsofctown »

I have played the aggro decks myself, and have made legend with facehunter. I'm gonna agree to disagree with you.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:30 am

Post by Glork »

lolwut
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:35 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

lmao

you went Feugen right
green shirt thursdays
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:38 am

Post by Glork »

Yeah, fat body.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:42 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

deck looks legit
minus dancing swords
but im gonna assume that was a shitty pool
green shirt thursdays
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:04 am

Post by Glork »

Yeah it was d swords, goldshire, and something equally unplayable.

I beat two mages that didn't have flamestrike and lost to one that did, then I had to go. I think it could get to 10 wins though. There are 3-4 cards I'm not happy with but the rest are solid.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:07 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

full list?
green shirt thursdays
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:25 am

Post by Glork »

Spoiler: full list
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:31 am

Post by popsofctown »

Hope you get a crazy Young Priestess ZombieChow opening!
"Well, I..."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:35 am

Post by Glork »

Ugh. It's so disappointing when you have to draft something like Young Priestess. Although Z Chow on turn 1 is always money.

EDIT: I was able to Sword of Justice into Murloc Tidehunter + hero power one game. That was some p sweet value.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:11 am

Post by Glork »

lol, I wiped at three wins. Fucking ridiculous draws.

EDIT: I lost to a rogue on turn 6 that just had insane aggro I couldn't deal with even a little, and then I lost to a mage that had more removal than I've ever seen in an arena deck. Fucking mages are everywhere.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:28 am

Post by Glork »

So now that the meta has settled down a bit, I have enough dust to craft one legendary. What should I make?

My TGT legendaries are: Dreadscale, Rhonin, Fjola Lightbane, Nexus-Champion Saraad, Bolf Ramshield.
I have pretty much every relevant Classic and GvG legendary except, like... Jaraxxus and Mal'Ganis.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:48 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Depends on what you want to play.

The craft I'm happiest with ATM is
Justicar Trueheart
. She is a powerhouse in most Warrior shells now (sans Patron) so she is an autoinclude in CW, fatigue Warrior, Dragon Warrior, taunt Warrior, and basically any other warrior deck that doesn't run Grim Patron.

Chillmaw
is a solid craft and is being played in every single dragon deck (Mage, Priest, Warrior) and is just really strong at the slot (and she shits on patron).
Gormok the Implaer
is rarely used but I've run him as an upper end in a few flood decks (namely Paladin & Shaman) and I think he's pretty strong.
Varian Wrynn
is seeing fringe play in some Warrior lists that aren't running Alex.

Those are the only ones I'd consider crafting, though. I have most of the legendaries from this set and they're honestly mostly unplayable (or people haven't found a good archetype for them yet). I want Fizzlebang to work but I just can't get him to fit in a deck.

If you don't like playing Warrior then the answer is probably Chillmaw. If you don't like playing dragon decks or warrior then craft Gormok. If you don't like playing any, save the dust.
green shirt thursdays
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:10 am

Post by Glork »

Fair. To be honest, I haven't played much at all since TGT came out -- mostly because of chemo/cancer related stuff, but partly because the game is just frustrating for me right now. I was leaning towards Chillmaw, and will probably wind up crafting that for Dragon Priest, but I find myself basically just playing enough to get my dailies done, and doing the occasional Arena run on my days off.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

Jaraxxus comes with emotes. Think about this.
"Well, I..."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:35 am

Post by Glork »

Yeah but so does Majordomo!!! BRB CRAFTING THE DOMO
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:17 am

Post by implosion »

Someone, somewhere out there has spent 3200 dust to craft a golden Majordomo.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:11 am

Post by popsofctown »

*shiver*
"Well, I..."
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:41 am

Post by bv310 »

I mean, Majordomo at least has a really awful combo deck to it. B

Return to “The Arcade”