Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:39 am

Post by Concrete Angels »

In post 890, Concrete Angels wrote:
In post 886, Thor665 wrote:Also - why does every post from you make me feel like we've never played together before or discussed theories about how I play the game?
Because that's what I keep getting, and it's not making me happy-happy about you.

every time we've played together, i've been scum. this is a totally different ballgame. i know nothing about you here.

In post 891, Concrete Angels wrote:i'm keeping in mind the discussions we've had and what i've observed of your town game. i'm not finding it easy to determine if you're one way or the other right now.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:39 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 715, Thor665 wrote:Eh, that sounds weak, but the roleclaim is pretty dumb if you're scum.

Vote Ank with me?

And I'm null?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 947, Concrete Angels wrote:Thor, I feel like you have seen my scum game enough to know the difference.

I never really claim that type of meta awareness on anyone - you can ask Nacho, I always act like meta reading is a deep and fascinating mystery.

In post 947, Concrete Angels wrote:I feel like you pulling a null on me rather than just calling me scum is icky and fence-sitty and inappropriate.

So you're saying I do that as scum?

In post 947, Concrete Angels wrote:I've been transparent enough that you should be able to form an opinion of my motivations one way or the other. It's not like I've been cryptic or absent.

I will agree you have been present.

In post 948, Concrete Angels wrote:AND if you are town and you just think I'm Smurfy, tell me why.

I have - remember that whole case thing?
Remember how I'm "demeaning it" and attacking you subtly and trying to downplay you to Nacho?
You blew up at me over that, now you're acting like I haven't been clear with a stated issue about why I find your play Smurfy?
Serious?

In post 949, Concrete Angels wrote:Also, I answered this.

If the quotes from before the question are the answer - is your answer best described as "paranoia"?
Because you don't seem to be saying anything.
You also seem to be hedging me into a null read while complaining that I'm putting you in a null read - what are your thoughts on that?

In post 951, Davsto wrote:
In post 715, Thor665 wrote:Eh, that sounds weak, but the roleclaim is pretty dumb if you're scum.

Vote Ank with me?

And I'm null?

Oh, darn, gosh, I'm sorry, i meant to list you as town, what with all the strong town vibes I've expressed about you in this thread, and not calling you scum but then unvoting you due to a claim.

Yes - you are null.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:49 am

Post by Davsto »

Right, okay.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:50 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 947, Concrete Angels wrote:I feel like you pulling a null on me rather than just calling me scum is icky and fence-sitty and inappropriate.

In post 891, Concrete Angels wrote:i'm keeping in mind the discussions we've had and what i've observed of your town game. i'm not finding it easy to determine if you're one way or the other right now.

Putting these next to each other to see if they make more sense that way.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Dav - not to distract you from your deep and well reasoned response in 953 which makes your question well worth it.
But could you address your thoughts on 954?
I'd like to see you comment on some more stuff in game, after all, you're so townish and open in all your opinions and not sitting on the sidelines riding a claim, so this is just part and parcel for you.
But, seriously, address it - am I crazy, or does that look derpy?
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:58 am

In post 952, Thor665 wrote:
In post 947, Concrete Angels wrote:Thor, I feel like you have seen my scum game enough to know the difference.

I never really claim that type of meta awareness on anyone - you can ask Nacho, I always act like meta reading is a deep and fascinating mystery.

Yeah that's great and all but this isn't some puzzling piece of insight. It's not like "ETL always uses contractions as town but never as scum" kind of nonsense. This is the fact that you've played with me only when I was scum. So any major, glaring differences in play should be noticed. Is that an unfair expectation?

So you're saying I do that as scum?

I'm saying that I expected you to make a more concrete judgement on me by this point and you haven't. That fact makes me think you are being fence-sitty for reasons other than "oh you are so weird".

In post 947, Concrete Angels wrote:I've been transparent enough that you should be able to form an opinion of my motivations one way or the other. It's not like I've been cryptic or absent.

I will agree you have been present.

Then why are you having such a hard time coming up with a solid read on me?

In post 948, Concrete Angels wrote:AND if you are town and you just think I'm Smurfy, tell me why.

I have - remember that whole case thing?
Remember how I'm "demeaning it" and attacking you subtly and trying to downplay you to Nacho?
You blew up at me over that, now you're acting like I haven't been clear with a stated issue about why I find your play Smurfy?
Serious?

No, look. The thing I got irritated about was the interjection. Not the fact that you called it "smurfy" already.

In a group conversation, you can handle dialogue several ways. One way would be to allow people to discuss a topic between themselves so they can come up with their own conclusions. Another way is to sit on them and interject your commentary unnecessarily, despite the fact that the commentary already exists.

I'm not sure I even expect you to understand this. It's an attitude thing. It has nothing to do with the point of what you were saying, it was the purpose behind the action itself.

In post 949, Concrete Angels wrote:Also, I answered this.

If the quotes from before the question are the answer - is your answer best described as "paranoia"?
Because you don't seem to be saying anything.
You also seem to be hedging me into a null read while complaining that I'm putting you in a null read - what are your thoughts on that?

I don't have you at a null read. I think you are scummy. You apparently have no clue whatsoever about me at all.

ETL
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:00 am

Post by Wingback »

ETL, based on your experience with Lying Cat, is it normal for them to solely focus on one player? What's your read on them now?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:01 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 955, Thor665 wrote:@Dav - not to distract you from your deep and well reasoned response in 953 which makes your question well worth it.
But could you address your thoughts on 954?
I'd like to see you comment on some more stuff in game, after all, you're so townish and open in all your opinions and not sitting on the sidelines riding a claim, so this is just part and parcel for you.
But, seriously, address it - am I crazy, or does that look derpy?

It looks a bit odd, yes. You're both town, obviously.
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:02 am

In post 957, Wingback wrote:ETL, based on your experience with Lying Cat, is it normal for them to solely focus on one player? What's your read on them now?

My read on them is leave them alone until much later. I am not expecting this game to by like their other games, for the simple fact that it's just Jingle playing and he is extremely distracted by RL things.

At the moment, we are null-town-reading them. There's something that I know will happen if they are town, and it will happen later, and if I don't see it, I will let everyone know.
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:05 am

Type faster Thor.
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:09 am

Also where's Nacho I wanna chat with Nacho.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:15 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 956, Concrete Angels wrote:Yeah that's great and all but this isn't some puzzling piece of insight. It's not like "ETL always uses contractions as town but never as scum" kind of nonsense. This is the fact that you've played with me only when I was scum. So any major, glaring differences in play should be noticed. Is that an unfair expectation?

I guess not - what sort of glaring difference in play should I have noticed?

In post 956, Concrete Angels wrote:Then why are you having such a hard time coming up with a solid read on me?

What about your play being scummy as regards the push on me and not scummy elsewhere is confusing to you as a stated read?

In post 956, Concrete Angels wrote:No, look. The thing I got irritated about was the interjection. Not the fact that you called it "smurfy" already.

I don't care - but, you *are* then aware that I *have* stated my issues with your play already, multiple times - correct?
So why are you asking me about it like I haven't?

In post 956, Concrete Angels wrote:I don't have you at a null read. I think you are scummy. You apparently have no clue whatsoever about me at all.

If you think I'm scummy why are you expressing that you are having difficulty in sorting me? How does that advance your scum case on me or advance sorting of me?

In post 958, Davsto wrote:It looks a bit odd, yes. You're both town, obviously.

Why is CA obvious town despite saying things that are a bit odd?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 962, Thor665 wrote:
In post 956, Concrete Angels wrote:Yeah that's great and all but this isn't some puzzling piece of insight. It's not like "ETL always uses contractions as town but never as scum" kind of nonsense. This is the fact that you've played with me only when I was scum. So any major, glaring differences in play should be noticed. Is that an unfair expectation?

I guess not - what sort of glaring difference in play should I have noticed?

Especially since, as I recollect, you flaked out on me - so I'm not even sure why you'd expect me to have a deeper understanding of your scum play than the average Joe.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:20 am

Post by Davsto »

Concrete Angels isn't the lynch today, face it. I'm too tired to analyse him but he's seeming town over other alignments now.
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:21 am

I suppose, what I should have said then, is that I've been trying to see you as town, and having trouble doing that.

I know for a fact that my town game vastly differs from my scum game. In what ways, I don't know, but most people who have played with me a few times find it easy to tell when I'm town. I know that when I'm scum, I have to try
really friggin hard
to emulate that. If the difference was less glaring, it wouldn't be that hard to do. Based on that, I do expect you to see something.

I am not asking you about what you don't like about my case on you. Is that the only thing you think is scummy/smurfy?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 965, Concrete Angels wrote:I suppose, what I should have said then, is that I've been trying to see you as town, and having trouble doing that.

That would change the meaning of the sentence, yes.

In post 965, Concrete Angels wrote:I know for a fact that my town game vastly differs from my scum game. In what ways, I don't know, but most people who have played with me a few times find it easy to tell when I'm town. I know that when I'm scum, I have to try
really friggin hard
to emulate that. If the difference was less glaring, it wouldn't be that hard to do. Based on that, I do expect you to see something.

Weren't you noting how little experience I have with your town game?
I do recall catching you in our scum game based off a badly made case that I didn't like, however. Maybe I'm crazy, but that seems valid to have issue with you over considering our history, especially if you can't describe what you're certain I should be able to spot - I apparently can't describe it either, so of course it's not affecting me, so...yeah, empty issue.

In post 965, Concrete Angels wrote:I am not asking you about what you don't like about my case on you. Is that the only thing you think is scummy/smurfy?

Yes, the scummy issue that I brought up and called scummy is my expressed issue with your slot, you have accurately divined my hidden and obfuscating nature of posting, sorry that took so long - I have a bad habit of presenting reads that way and can't seem to fix it. :lol:
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 964, Davsto wrote:Concrete Angels isn't the lynch today, face it. I'm too tired to analyse him but he's seeming town over other alignments now.

So, basically a gut read and then you're dismissing them?
Meh.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:27 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 967, Thor665 wrote:
In post 964, Davsto wrote:Concrete Angels isn't the lynch today, face it. I'm too tired to analyse him but he's seeming town over other alignments now.

Meh.

pistach = decent post-based scumread
CA = gut townread

are you honestly berating me for advocating the first over the second?
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:30 am

In post 966, Thor665 wrote:
In post 965, Concrete Angels wrote:I suppose, what I should have said then, is that I've been trying to see you as town, and having trouble doing that.

That would change the meaning of the sentence, yes.

In post 965, Concrete Angels wrote:I know for a fact that my town game vastly differs from my scum game. In what ways, I don't know, but most people who have played with me a few times find it easy to tell when I'm town. I know that when I'm scum, I have to try
really friggin hard

Weren't you noting how little experience I have with your town game?
I do recall catching you in our scum game based off a badly made case that I didn't like, however. Maybe I'm crazy, but that seems valid to have issue with you over considering our history, especially if you can't describe what you're certain I should be able to spot - I apparently can't describe it either, so of course it's not affecting me, so...yeah, empty issue.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say to this. You have already noted that there are differences in my play here, which you then decided was scummy, despite the fact that it should indicate otherwise to you.

In post 965, Concrete Angels wrote:I am not asking you about what you don't like about my case on you. Is that the only thing you think is scummy/smurfy?

Yes, the scummy issue that I brought up and called scummy is my expressed issue with your slot, you have accurately divined my hidden and obfuscating nature of posting, sorry that took so long - I have a bad habit of presenting reads that way and can't seem to fix it. :lol:

*sigh*
I can't even...
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:43 am

Post by massive »

In post 958, Davsto wrote:You're both town, obviously.

Did this make anyone else's skin crawl a little?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:45 am

In post 970, massive wrote:

Yes but not because it's scummy.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:52 am

Post by Wingback »

Post a list of your reads in order with explanations please.
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:56 am

In post 972, Wingback wrote:

Post a list of your reads in order with explanations please.

Are you doing anything with this or just making noises?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:58 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 968, Davsto wrote:
In post 967, Thor665 wrote:

Meh.

pistach = decent post-based scumread
CA = gut townread

are you honestly berating me for advocating the first over the second?

No, and nothing in my post suggests that I am - what I am doing is assessing how much quality there is in your read of a player you're apparently choosing to not even try to sort today and dismiss as pro-town even when I raise an issue about that that you agree at least exists.

In post 969, Concrete Angels wrote:I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say to this. You have already noted that there are differences in my play here, which you then decided was scummy, despite the fact that it should indicate otherwise to you.

When did I indicate that your play was "different" in any raised issue I had with you?
I indicated play I found scummy and said as much - I am unaware what, if anything, should indicate it as not scummy to me; feel free to fill in the blank here.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”