Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:55 pm

Post by Quilford »

• Votecount 1.14

Dimitri Davidoff (6)— Greatvalue, The Phantom of the Opera, Natural Aristocracy, Quailford LOL, Megafan1998, Concorde
    Quailford LOL (4)— Dimitri Davidoff, Shiba Tatsuya, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy, Gumby
    Natural Aristocracy (3)— Shady, You are dead to me, Spider Gwen
    CellPhone (1)— the_soothsayer

Not Voting
    (1)— CellPhone

It takes 8 to lynch or no lynch.

Deadline

> Deadline hits in (expired on 2015-10-24 08:08:29). <

Mod notes

Prodding The Phantom of the Opera.
Natural Aristocracy
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:57 am

Post by Natural Aristocracy »

Half of the playerlist is functionally AFK.
Try again, Shady. No amount of barking is going to change my alignment.
There is a natural aristocracy among men, the grounds of which are virtue and talents.
Shiba Tatsuya
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:36 am

Post by Shiba Tatsuya »

I have a guess for the identity of soothsayer, but I am not too confident in this.

Shady, Deadle, Gwen, I would like for the three of you to consider voting Quailford. I feel that the scummy aspects that you see in him could be a result of a playstyle or personality conflict. Natural Aristocracy is unconsciously displaying the towntells that I use to determine his alignment in a normal game. He is apparently not very good at hiding these.

Those who are townreading Quailford need to explain why. I cannot see their point of view given the posts that Quailford has made. Worse, the constituency of the counterwagon is grotesque.

I might reconsider my read on Concorde. The dilemma I have now in sorting him is to determine whether his attacks on me come from a genuine misguided standpoint due to a lack of player scumhunting skill, or from a more aggressive scum who is trying to force-fit arguments to seem active and contributing.
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:39 am

Post by Concorde »

Wow another post attacking the Dmitri wagon without calling him town.

Soothsayer, your post is acknowledged. Missed last time. Dat shit.

The people off the Dmitri wagon need to explain why, without referring to the makeup of the wagon. That's circular. The wagon on Dmitri sucks. Why? The wagon composition is terrible. Why? He's town. Why? The wagon composition is terrible. Why? He's town. Why? Wagon composition is terrible. Rinse. Repeat.
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:03 am

Post by Concorde »

In post 565, the_soothsayer wrote:On further thought saving the reads list for tomorrow night, want a few questions answered first and hoping a few people, well actually a lot of people (Dead, Great, Gumby, Dimitri etc) show up and post content between now and then before I devote time to doing detailed ISO combs.

@Concode -
1) Can you explain your town reads on Quailford, Megfan and Opera for me with some reasoning please. 2) Can you explain your null read on me, it doesn't really match with your interactions (well lack of) with me, you've constantly avoided responding to anything I've posted to or about you; is there a reason you've not tried to a) Answer me or interact with me or b) Get a read on me thus far?

@Phantom -
Can you please remember to get around to answering my question to you in when you catch up next.

@Dead
- You never got around to answering it before but can you explain your motivation behind posting .

Being null on you is quite generous actually. You haven't said word one about Dmitri's alignment, yet your view is that the people scumreading him are scum or dumb town. You've made zero effort to interact with Dmitri or call him out for lurking. You didn't care I directed no questions your way until you were a null.

Defending the Dmitri wagon while saying nothing is a fairly strong sign of being scum. I just like your activity level right now and I want you to keep talking to confirm or dispel my fears.

Now, as for your desperate attack the Dmitri wagon. Phantom is town. No way scum come swinging that someone will be the lynch without a troll gambit to hide behind unless the lynch is on their buddy.

Quailford has a posting style that's legit troll and leaves himself open to attack. He makes people's guts cry scum. Yet the closest thing to a case on Quailford is Gumby failing to realize trolling.

Now Meganfan is the only one with any chance of being scum. Yet if she was, why not just stay out of the fray and buddy me while everyone else calls me stupid? Instead, she casts a swing vote which put Dmitri at L minus 2. So she's not like to be scum.

Your Shady read is also shit.
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:58 am

Post by Quailford LOL »

In post 603, Concorde wrote:The people off the Dmitri wagon need to explain why, without referring to the makeup of the wagon. That's circular. The wagon on Dmitri sucks. Why? The wagon composition is terrible. Why? He's town. Why? The wagon composition is terrible. Why? He's town. Why? Wagon composition is terrible. Rinse. Repeat.

Some years ago I tried to use speculation on alignments as a way to enhance VCA. It failed spectacularly and repeatedly. I have long abandoned the practice.
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:00 am

Post by Quailford LOL »

In post 602, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:Those who are townreading Quailford need to explain why.

Obv, they are better at reading emotions than you are.
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:04 am

Post by Quailford LOL »

In post 604, Concorde wrote:Quailford has a posting style that's legit troll and leaves himself open to attack.

I am not trolling. Mafia is a game that I approach with a light and happy heart. I do get analytical later in the game when there is something to analyse. I enjoy the social aspect of the game. I believe the best way to find scum is by getting a feel of their emotional reactions, not by picking apart every word they post - though I appreciate when other people do it.
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:05 am

Post by Quailford LOL »

In post 603, Concorde wrote:Wow another post attacking the Dmitri wagon without calling him town.

Now this, this may be a hint that Dmitri is town, and that scum are already trying to frame the townies on his wagon and herd them to the lynching pen for tomorrow.
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:41 am

Post by Concorde »

Unlikely. Two frozen wagons usually indicates at least one is scum. Also, to successfully do that, scum would need to defend Dmitri.

Fishing for emotional reactions is trolling to me.

Color the last VC with your reads please. Avatar suggestion?
Megafan1998
Megafan1998
Townie
Megafan1998
Townie
Townie

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by Megafan1998 »

im behind
Megafan1998
Megafan1998
Townie
Megafan1998
Townie
Townie

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by Megafan1998 »

caught up

pretty good with these sequence of events

lynch dmitri so we can lynch ST next ty
Greatvalue
Greatvalue
Goon
Greatvalue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by Greatvalue »

...Not looking forward to having to try and read Concorde. I always seem to get that one wrong.

Besides that moment of revelation, I haven't yet looked into anything. If anyone has suggestions on where to start, I'm all ears. I don't really have anyone I feel comfortable playing off of right now, so I'm feeling a bit lost.
the_soothsayer
the_soothsayer
Goon
the_soothsayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by the_soothsayer »

This'll be short because I'm still at work and only just noticed this post when skimming along.

In post 604, Concorde wrote:Being null on you is quite generous actually. You haven't said word one about Dmitri's alignment, yet your view is that the people scumreading him are scum or dumb town.

This isn't true at all. 1) I've stated that the case on Dimitri isn't bad at all and there are elements of it (ie. Him not elaborating on any of his reads whatsoever) that I actually agree with -- clearly you haven't read my , or 2) I don't think you're dumb town due to your stance on Dimi at all nor is the stance on Dimi my sole issue with Mega or Quailford which you'd realise if you'd read my reads that I've actually posted. Seriously, make an effort to actually read the game properly, this is getting stupid.

In post 604, Concorde wrote:You didn't care I directed no questions your way until you were a null. Defending the Dmitri wagon while saying nothing is a fairly strong sign of being scum. I just like your activity level right now and I want you to keep talking to confirm or dispel my fears.

Again not true, I've questioned and commented on you
constantly
you've just continuously not replied.
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by Concorde »

I read those posts. You're talking about the logical validity of Dmitri's wagon. In one post, you say the logic is valid, but not good enough to be pushing a case this strongly on. That tells me nothing about your Dmitri read whatsoever. Post 477 is no real analysis either. You give an IioA. 468 isn't analysis on Dmitri but rather the classic Dmitri can be scum, vote elsewhere.

Just because you say words that dance around the topic doesn't mean you have anything to say.

Also, I went and rechecked you ISO. You've had some things to say about me but 565 was your first attempt to reach out.

Say what you want but I don't like your passive aggressive attitude towards the Dmitri wagon and FMPOV, you look posse because you're getting called out.
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:25 pm

Post by Concorde »

In post 612, Greatvalue wrote:...Not looking forward to having to try and read Concorde. I always seem to get that one wrong.

Besides that moment of revelation, I haven't yet looked into anything. If anyone has suggestions on where to start, I'm all ears. I don't really have anyone I feel comfortable playing off of right now, so I'm feeling a bit lost.

So, the only thing you've done is alt hunt? In a game designed not to have identities as a crutch.

Why don't you try actually finding scum "active town role"?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:36 pm

Post by Quilford »

• Prodding Dimitri Davidoff.
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by Shady »

In post 598, the_soothsayer wrote:still am worried that this is just a troll gimmick of him not taking this game remotely seriously as either alignment.

same
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Shady »

concorde is terrible but hey whats new

In post 612, Greatvalue wrote:...Not looking forward to having to try and read Concorde. I always seem to get that one wrong.

great post not
Gumby
Gumby
Townie
Gumby
Townie
Townie

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:55 pm

Post by Gumby »

So Dimitri hasn't posted for a while, that's nice. I don't see Quailford being lynched today due to him "just being trolly" (I mean I fail to see hoe that isn't a reason to lynch by itself but you know), and I reckon Dimitri has a nice chance of flipping scum.
VOTE: Dimitri Davidoff
L-1
My... brain... hurts...
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:02 pm

Post by Shady »

gumby that's not a good vote

in some sense i agree with soothsayer abt concorde's "out there" play coming from town but a lot of what he says i so crazy that i'm not sure. still need him to answer to this:

In post 474, Shady wrote:you claimed quail/dipsy both "had weak or nonsensical posting." Now you say they both have content.

also, You said this:
In post 304, Concorde wrote:This Quailford read is a lot of bollocks and looks designed to prime the conclusion Quailford is scummier than Dipsy.

Yet now say this:
Quilford and Daisy both have content, even if I am scumreading Quilford for his. The comparison is littered through ST's so-called catch up. ST's comparison read there is utter shit.

SO WHICH ONE IS IT? WHY IS HIS COMPARISON SO BAD WHEN YOU AGREE WITH THE CONCLUSION?
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by Shady »

In post 603, Concorde wrote:The people off the Dmitri wagon need to explain why, without referring to the makeup of the wagon. That's circular. The wagon on Dmitri sucks. Why? The wagon composition is terrible. Why? He's town. Why? The wagon composition is terrible. Why? He's town. Why? Wagon composition is terrible. Rinse. Repeat.

i don't think there's been a single decent reason expressed for him being scum

entirely possible he is, but doesn'tseem likely the way things are going
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:18 pm

Post by Shady »

In post 619, Gumby wrote:I reckon Dimitri has a nice chance of flipping scum.

okay, why?
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:54 pm

Post by Concorde »

In post 620, Shady wrote:gumby that's not a good vote

in some sense i agree with soothsayer abt concorde's "out there" play coming from town but a lot of what he says i so crazy that i'm not sure. still need him to answer to this:

In post 474, Shady wrote:you claimed quail/dipsy both "had weak or nonsensical posting." Now you say they both have content.

also, You said this:
In post 304, Concorde wrote:This Quailford read is a lot of bollocks and looks designed to prime the conclusion Quailford is scummier than Dipsy.

Yet now say this:
Quilford and Daisy both have content, even if I am scumreading Quilford for his. The comparison is littered through ST's so-called catch up. ST's comparison read there is utter shit.

SO WHICH ONE IS IT? WHY IS HIS COMPARISON SO BAD WHEN YOU AGREE WITH THE CONCLUSION?

I don't. I think they are both town. I figured you might not want to make an ass out of yourself when my colored wall has them both as town.
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:55 pm

Post by Concorde »

In post 621, Shady wrote:

i don't think there's been a single decent reason expressed for him being scum

entirely possible he is, but doesn'tseem likely the way things are going

Why have the reasons expressed been "not decent"?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”